Morning Tailgate: NFL Uniform Tournament

Posted by Taylor Price on July 12, 2013 – 9:38 AM

The San Francisco 49ers remain in NFL.com’s “Greatest Uniform” tournament.

Third-round voting last until July 14. The 49ers face the Green Bay Packers (San Francisco’s Week 1 opponent, coincidentally) and fans have until 6 p.m. PT to pick the red and gold threads.

More headlines can be found in today’s Morning Tailgate.

Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee discussed the 49ers interests in free agent wideout Ausin Collie.

The Miami Herald detailed Frank Gore’s impact on Dolphins running back Lamar Miller.

Camp can’t start soon enough…

Tags: ,
Posted in Morning Tailgate | 10 Comments »

10 Responses to “Morning Tailgate: NFL Uniform Tournament”

1. By rrupert on Jul 12, 2013 | Reply

What the hell does the packers have anything to
    do with the niners uniforms, stupid writing.

2. By Kryptonite9ER on Jul 12, 2013 | Reply

they’re going up against the 49ers in the uniform contest check it out

3. By RED N GOLD on Jul 12, 2013 | Reply

NINERS SHOULD WEAR THE “SUPERBOWL WINNING 94″ HOME JERSYS A COUPLE TIMES THIS SEASON.

4. By 11yearswithalex on Jul 12, 2013 | Reply

the west is no longer a lock the chickens and rams are making waves …..niners are tougher though and are ready to take the title and entrench our team as a force once again …….GOOOO NINERS

5. By Folsom49er on Jul 12, 2013 | Reply

I agree with RED N GOLD. The ’94 jerseys are the BEST!

6. By dave g. on Jul 13, 2013 | Reply

I know this conversation is a matter of taste and not a matter of right or wrong. In my opinion, 1994 would not be my preference for our best uniform. It was actually showcased to honor the 1957 49ers uniform, and features the shadow 3D effect for the uniform number on the jersey, as well as white pants with red and black stripes. I thought we had something great to begin with through the bulk of our great history and what we had in the 80’s and back again today (very subtle differences) is the BEST. We don’t have to try hard with all these crazy stuff to jazz it up. The Seahawks, Jags and so on have to do that. Our simple, color combination is perfect and few have tried to work the gold in like Rams and Jags and Saints but NO ONE ROCKS THE GOLD the way we do. No need to be an insecure b!tch and try to hard to jazz it up. Its perfect just the way it is. RED, GOLD with White. Man our uni’s is the BEST just the way it is. I was never crazy about the 1994 – especially with the white pants. 3D shadows was trying to hard. Just my thoughts.

7. By dave g. on Jul 13, 2013 | Reply

Often less is more.

8. By dave g. on Jul 13, 2013 | Reply

I was also did not like when we got away from the red for a while and went with some kind of burgundy. Hated that! 1996-2007 was not a good look with that wine color. I like exactly what we got today. Much cloer to what we had from 64-88. I love it!

9. By ace on Jul 13, 2013 | Reply

agreed

10. By Moose_USMC on Jul 15, 2013 | Reply

The White pants sucked. Too much like the Giants. Sorry if your a fan of the white pants. Just saying that I for one, am not. Well its cool if your like a Canadian Mountie. Yeah we’ll be the San Fran Mounties, or British Royal Gaurd. We can post our players to Gaurd the Queen. Justin Smith would scair off any lioters.