• Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 9:00 PM - 9:30 PM PDT The Fiahtful Episode 1 "The Faithful" is a documentary series by 49ers Studios that is truly for the fans because it is the fans. Narrated by two-time Super Bowl champion Dwight Hicks, the show will take fans on journeys into the lives of the greatest 49ers stories that need to be told.

MT: The Colin Kaepernick Experience

Posted by Taylor Price on June 19, 2013 – 9:44 AM

Colin Kaepernick’s name and face continue to pop up leading up to the 2013 NFL season. The San Francisco 49ers quarterback is arguably one of the league’s breakout stars leading up to the coming season.

ESPN the Magazine placed Kaepernick on their annual fantasy football issue. The magazine also shared an interesting note, if you prorated Kaepernick’s stats for the entire 2012 season, he would have been the eighth-best fantasy quarterback.

Robert Mays of Grantland.com took the Kaepernick phenomenon one step further by examining “The Colin Kaepernick Experience.” Mays believes that Kaepernick’s ascending play is one of the many reasons to start getting hyped for the upcoming season.

“Kaepernick is only 10 starts into his career, but already, he feels like one of the more important assets in all of football,” Mays wrote. “He’s capable of plays only Robert Griffin III can match, and the idea of seeing it over a 16-game season should be enough to have anyone outside of Seattle looking forward to Sundays… Colin Kaepernick is likely here for the long haul, and by the end of this year, my guess is that we’ll all very used to it.”

More 49ers headlines can be found in today’s Morning Tailgate.

Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com shared Craig Dahl’s comments on the improvements made by his former team, the St. Louis Rams.

Matt Barrows of Sacramento Bee shared information on Kaepernick’s latest charity appearance.

SB Nation caught up with Quinton Patton at the NFL rookie premiere.

49ers.com shared Vic Fangio’s comments about rookies, plus Vernon Davis’ appearance at the NFL Rookie Symposium and Patrick Willis’ outlook for the 2013 season.

CLIP OF THE DAY

Follow this former Niner great.

Tags: , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “MT: The Colin Kaepernick Experience”

1. By bow53 on Jun 19, 2013 | Reply

let me post this again, great news the cowboy (justin) sign an extension 4 two more years..49ers for life baby!!!!!!!!

2. By bow53 on Jun 19, 2013 | Reply

on top of it G-RO sign an extension for 2 more freaking years…..are we flying in cloud nine or what?????great day 4 niner nation…..”NINERS BABY!!!!!!!!

3. By James on Jun 19, 2013 | Reply

4. By ace on Jun 19, 2013 | Reply

justin beast mode attacking drew brees

5. By ace on Jun 19, 2013 | Reply

more justin cuz hes god

6. By rjdniner on Jun 20, 2013 | Reply

ace since you are able to put this video on the blog I have told everyone about my 84 program signed by Bill Walsh is there away to put it on this site ?…….I ,ll bet Aldon is glade the cowboy is going to be around a lot longer …….

7. By ace on Jun 20, 2013 | Reply

their ought to be not sure which file format u would use tho, video is easy copy and paste,…… and how did you get that autograph btw would love to hear that ?

8. By rjdniner on Jun 20, 2013 | Reply

I was stationed at Schofield barracks 1984 I was on my way to the beach and some one mentioned that they the teams for the pro bowl were having practice they were sale programs at the entrance to the stadium so I bought one just in time as I was standing at the bottom near the field out they came I recognized Montana right away got his signature and then there was Ronnie Lott got his then I handed the program to Bill Walsh and he signed it right above his picture in the program .about two years I had a person who wanted to see the signatures so I let him look and he said they were authentic. Last season I emailed a picture to a person in public relation at the 49er HQ and he also confirmed it was. So that’s the basic story .the other signature’s that I got are Billy white shoe Johnson, William Andrews, Mark Murphy. Now I have mentioned this before on this site and I was called a liar for making this up.

9. By ace on Jun 20, 2013 | Reply

thats awesome the only autograph i ever got was jj stokes he was eating at a rest. in unoin square we were in and i saw him asked him for his autograph he quitely signed it smiled i said ty, and i lost that napkin somewhere……oh well its was only jj stokes

10. By rjdniner on Jun 21, 2013 | Reply

I keep the program and another that I got in a very secure place out of the sun in a protective cover ,when I have shown it to football fan ,reaction is -holy grap on those lines …