MT: Kaepernick Among Top Young QBs

Posted by Taylor Price on May 30, 2013 – 9:11 AM

Colin Kaepernick ranked No. 3 on NFL.com’s Top-10 quarterbacks 25 or under list.

San Francisco’s signal-caller earned the nod over Josh Freeman, Andy Dalton, Sam Bradford, Ryan Tannehill, Matthew Stafford, Russell Wilson and Cam Newton.

Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III are presumably the top 2 selections.

Kaepernick earned the No. 3 spot because of his impressive 10 starts in 2012, including his impressive comeback rally that nearly earned the 49ers a victory in Super Bowl XLVII.

“Kaepernick makes difficult throws look so easy,” NFL.com’s Gregg Rosenthal wrote. “Early mistakes did not stop Kaepernick from squeezing the ball into tight windows requiring his considerable arm strength. His outstanding overall performance got ignored because of how the game ended.”

More 49ers headlines can be found in today’s Morning Tailgate.

Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com discussed how young 49ers wideouts are seeking tips from Anquan Boldin and Nnamdi Asomugha this offseason.

Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee examined which young players are benefitting from veterans recovering from injuries this offseason.

The Reno Gazette-Journal shared that 49ers Hall of Fame running back Roger Craig will be a keynote speaker at Nevada’s Governor’s Dinner.

49ers.com shared Asomugha’s comments on adjusting to San Francisco’s defensive system.

CLIP OF THE DAY

Rookie life.

Tags: , , , , ,
Posted in Morning Tailgate | 67 Comments »

67 Responses to “MT: Kaepernick Among Top Young QBs”

1. By bow53 on May 30, 2013 | Reply

NO FREAKING DOUBT CK7 ONE OF THE BEST QB IN THE LEAGUE…AND U CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK….

2. By 49er-n-memphis on May 30, 2013 | Reply

Way to go Kap. Keep working hard to get us back to the promise land. 9ers and Broncos for SB. GO 9ERS

3. By Hermie on May 30, 2013 | Reply

Hopefully we will have a long future with Kaep. Wihtout a doubt he is one of the upcoming stars. I think you really have to look at his work ethic and the drive to be the best. I am sooo excited about this year and the next five after that!!

Thank you Baalke and Harbaugh…and especially thank you Jed for listening to your Uncle Eddie!!!

4. By bow53 on May 30, 2013 | Reply

well said hermie but i’m gonna add another 5 yrs on top of ur 5 yrs. so. that makes it 10 years, will be a contender for a looooooooooooooong time… some haters r on the radar…cuz’ its the kaep show on todays morning tail gate…can’t move on and i really don’t give a rats azzz…….KAEPERNICK is the main man now……………..

5. By Hermie on May 30, 2013 | Reply

Yeah bow…I was being conservative and looking at when some of our big named players contracts start running out…of course we have to hope that the front office continues to add depth with the already talented team we have, who will be able to step in when called upon!!

6. By bow53 on May 30, 2013 | Reply

well 1st order of business for next year is to lock up kaep and the crabman even though his injured often i still consider him as the best wide out we ever have,plus this two have already develop some chemistry, not to mention the Q. is in the line up and from there its long way home for this great franchise. we got p.willis and v. davis locked up for a long period of time to get us back to the big dance (S.B.)

7. By Anthony on May 30, 2013 | Reply

I have to admit, I didn’t think Kaep was going to blossom this well. I just hope he continues to improve and based on his work ethic he is headed in the right direction. Not to mention all the comments he gets from his teammates and coaches. I still hate the way the demotion of Alex Smith had to happen, but I understand why it had to be done and it’s the way NFL business is done sometimes. KC got a top ten QB and anyone that says Alex isn’t is just a hater. The dude finally got stability and his FIRST good coach in Harbaugh. The NFL is a “what have you done for me lately” type of business, and lately Smith has been a top ten QB. For the past two years to be exact. 49ers 4 LIife!!!!!!! SB BOUND!

8. By SHIP on May 30, 2013 | Reply

Anthony, you said it best. I appreciate what you mean about Alex but at the same time we all know KAP is the man. Its nice to see you can say that without slamming the either guy.

9. By ace on May 30, 2013 | Reply

10. By ace on May 30, 2013 | Reply

wait its says kaep is #3 qb under 25
    » No. 10: Josh Freeman
    » No. 9: Andy Dalton
    » No. 8: Sam Bradford
    » No. 7: Ryan Tannehill
    » No. 6: Matthew Stafford
    » No. 5: Russell Wilson
    » No. 4: Cam Newton
    » No. 3: Colin Kaepernick
    so it must be luck and rg3 ?
    better than kaep hmmm ?
    thats just silly and kinda arbitrary,but it did say
    “Kaepernick is in the best position of any of them to win titles quickly because of the coaching staff and talent that surrounds him. The 49ers know how to maximize Kaepernick’s incredible skill set”
    amen to that

11. By ace on May 30, 2013 | Reply

as a 49er fan there are very few teams i hate as much as the cowboys
    but this makes me happy
    they just dont get the whole draft thing

‘In 2010, the Cowboys had linebacker NaVorro Bowman rated as the 20th-best player in the draft. The 49ers selected Bowman in the third round with the 91st overall selection.’

12. By phatalerror on May 30, 2013 | Reply

Exactly.

Robert Griffin III helped a 5-11 team that had a .406 record during the previous decade and only two winning seasons during that time and helped double that team’s number in the win column. Griffin’s injury in the first round of the playoffs was a deciding factor in the loss, and a healthy Griffin in 2013 could mean a huge shift in the balance of power in the NFC East.

Andrew Luck guided a Manning-less 2-14 Colts team to a Manning-like 11-5 record. He and his team lost in the first round of the playoffs against the eventual Super Bowl winner.

Kaepernick took over a team that went from being a 13-3 Divisional Playoff-winning team to a 11.5-4.5 Conference Championship-winning team. The improvement reflected deeper and higher-quality talent across the board.

If either of those first two quarterbacks had played for the 49ers, the 49ers might have won the Super Bowl. But you could say that for a lot of quarterbacks playing in the league. You could especially say that about quarterbacks like Matthew Stafford, who got absolutely dogged in that stupid Top 10 list.

Everyone loves Top Ten lists, no matter how meritorious or meritless they are.

13. By rjdniner on May 31, 2013 | Reply

14. By Kim McCulley on May 31, 2013 | Reply

I am so proud of the 49ers for taking us to superbowl. Our team rocks, right fans.

15. By phatalerror on May 31, 2013 | Reply

“alright enough ok ,everyone knows by my recent post how I feel when it comes to the offensive line .let Goodwin or Staley go down or worse yet Mike and see how the QB WILL BE RUNING FOR THERE LIVES OR HOW GORE WON,T GET HIS YARDS. Like I said before with out them nobody makes that top ten list …”

Very true. And that applies to every quarterback. Even the ones I respect highly.

16. By dave g. on May 31, 2013 | Reply

yaaaawn.

17. By dave g. on May 31, 2013 | Reply

NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!

18. By bow53 on May 31, 2013 | Reply

same old C.R.A.P. …..ha…dave…NINERS BABY!!!!!1!

19. By Hermie on May 31, 2013 | Reply

20. By phatalerror on Jun 1, 2013 | Reply

“blahblahblah/waawaawaa is like a narrow necked bottle…the less that is in them the more noise it makes pouring out!!”

So I am like a fine wine. How does that compare alongside your relationship to a Whoopie Cushion?

You have no basis by which you could dispute what I wrote above, and so once again you resorted to insults. And everyone knows that was all you were ever able to do. It must be lonely having only three like-minded friends on this site.

21. By dave g. on Jun 1, 2013 | Reply

yaaaaaawn.

22. By dave g. on Jun 1, 2013 | Reply

I can’t wait for the RED & GOLD to be in full swing! Harbaugh and Baalke: THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US BACK FROM MEDIOCRITY!

23. By rjdniner on Jun 1, 2013 | Reply

phatalerror why copy my last post ? now as far as QB,s are concerned you really don,t like Kap for real because he was put in a system that had talent and a great coaching staff ,look at Brady and the system that he stepped into ,and the what if ,s go by the way side quick and I use them myself ,are you upset that the 3 like minded friends as you say don,t include you ?….dave g I met a person who has a tattoo of the teams logo on his shoulder I try to get all the 49er stuff I can but that’s were I draw the line.. red and gold all the way .

24. By phatalerror on Jun 1, 2013 | Reply

“phatalerror why copy my last post ? now as far as QB,s are concerned you really don,t like Kap for real because he was put in a system that had talent and a great coaching staff ,look at Brady and the system that he stepped into ,and the what if ,s go by the way side quick and I use them myself ,are you upset that the 3 like minded friends as you say don,t include you ?”

Perhaps you misunderstood my copy of your post: I was affirming your stand on the largely underrated value of a solid offensive line. The last part of my statement, “Even the ones I respect highly,” references that even quarterbacks I highly regard (Rodgers, Brady, Peyton Manning, Alex Smith) don’t play in a vacuum; they need their offensive lines. You don’t see any of those quarterbacks having great seasons when playing behind a nicked-up or cobbled-together line.

I don’t dislike Kaepernick on the basis that he plays in a system where he can succeed. If anything, it’s too bad that so many players exhaust the prime of their careers playing for terrible, dysfunctional franchises. I don’t dislike Kaepernick in any way, really; I just don’t esteem him highly as a quarterback because he doesn’t play the position well when restricted to the pocket. I get portrayed as a “hater” when what I have been saying all along is that he is not starting quarterback material even as NFL pundits are ready to count him among top quarterbacks. Putting aside potential, I don’t consider the 49ers to have retained the best quarterback. The fact that their judgment differs from mine doesn’t necessarily make my thoughts on the matter invalid. Time will prove who is correct. Time however has already proved that the 49ers didn’t achieve their stated objective in 2012 by making the move when they did.

rjdniner, we don’t necessarily agree on all matters, but we disagree with civility. Therefore, you are quite different from a small minority of users on these boards bent on making trouble for me.

25. By 49erdefense2012 on Jun 1, 2013 | Reply

” I dont dislike Kaepernick in any way really,really; I just dont esteem him highly as a quarterback because he doesnt play the position well when restricted to the pocket”,,,,,DUDE THAT IS ONLY YOUR OPINION NOT FACT,,,,AND WHEN A VAST MAJORITY OF FORMER PLAYERS AND COACHES SAY THAT HE DOES PLAY WELL FROM THE POCKET,,,WELL THAT ONLY FURTHER SHOWS YOUR IGNORANCE TOWARDS ANYTHING OTHER THAN YOUR OPINION,,,I HAVE PROVIDED YOU WITH COUNTLESS EXAMPLES OF INTERVIEWS FROM HEAD COACHES AND HALL OF FAME PLAYERS THAT SAY YOUR WRONG IN YOUR OPINION,,,,GIVE IT A F_CKING REST ALREADY,,,TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE OR GO THE F_CK AWAY,,,YOU PORTRAY YOURSELF AS A HATER,,

26. By rjdniner on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

27. By dave g. on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

I have no problem with people having different opinions but why o why keep going on about something in what sounds hateful to us? If time will tell then let time tell so why keep going on about a subject like you know this and that when only time will tell? Or in the case at hand only alternate universes will tell. LOL You don’t like a guy and don’t feel he is qualified. Ok….but that should be the end. People disagree which is fine but at some point just STFU about the topic and talk about other things. But no instead there is this obsessive need to throw digs in to a guy that is only trying to give us his best and the coaches and team all believe in.

28. By dave g. on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

First off you guys need to ignore FATAL ERROR. Whatever you say no matter how solid of a case you make on a subject, he will only extract a small portion of it and go to town. He will twist that portion and milk it for all it is worth so why waste your time because the remaining 99% of solid facts will be completely ignored in his copy and paste tactic. So I say again, quit wasting your time on a person who has lost credibility time and time again only to try to slime his way back like it never happened.

29. By phatalerror on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

“When I first start watching and learning the game that WE ALL LOVE there was a style of play that was the standard then it started to change and a lot of fans didn,t like it but the end results was the wins that started to happen .Now as far as this stated objective that you think that 49er didn,t achieve remember the time of 3 -13 or worse yet 2 and 14 we as fans can and always do talk what a team should have done and YOU ARE NOT ON THE SIDE LINES OR IN THE LOCKER ROOM OR THE COACHES OFFICE MAKING THOSE WHAT YOU CALL MOVES .You have right of your opinion and so does everyone who gets on this site ….”

I remember lousy years very well (see my comments above about players exhausting “the prime of their careers playing for terrible, dysfunctional franchises”). Whether or not the 49ers were ‘held back’ by their quarterback from 2005-2012, you could definitely say that for most of those years, the 49ers were lacking in the receiver corps, on the offensive line (particularly in protection), and especially in their coaching.

I don’t think it’s appropriate to suggest that a team that was 13-3 and 6-2 in the following season ‘started winning’ when they changed from an athletic quarterback with traditional pocket skills to a super-athletic quarterback without those skills (the accounts of any NFL ‘experts’ who highly regard Kaepernick in the pocket dispute with accounts of other NFL ‘experts’, so I prefer to use my own eyes in evaluating Kaepernick’s pocket skills); the 49ers’ win percentage actually declined with the quarterback change, and if that is to be adjusted on the basis that the added snaps Kaepernick is getting now contribute to his being a better quarterback in the future, let’s treat that last statement for what it is: A hypothetical projection with an admittedly optimistic slant.

I’ve never deprived of anyone their own right to an opinion, although I do feel that if you publish your opinion in a discussion forum, you should be prepared to defend it, and you should definitely not present untruth as truth (and so in the case of the latter, I have repeatedly presented statistical data that utterly debunked statements that were supposedly based on statistical data).

My not being in the employ of the 49ers’ organization means that in presenting my opinions, I have little at stake. (The same goes for all of us here, and so I don’t know why that comes up repeatedly.) Nevertheless, being in a team’s employ means only that there is additional information available for making a decision. I may not have all of the information available, but we might say this:

• The 49ers, whatever their reasons for doing so, have chosen Kaepernick to be their quarterback of their future. They made that choice while having more information available than anyone else.
    • Professional Football Media Outlets, having less information available than the 49ers’ organization, has presented conflicting opinions of whether or not the quarterback change has improved the 49ers.
    • The Average NFL Fan, having less information available than all of the above, has presented conflicting opinions of whether or not the quarterback change has improved the 49ers.

So the 49ers made a decision, and everyone else who cares has an opinion about that decision.

30. By phatalerror on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

“the remaining 99% of solid facts will be completely ignored in his copy and paste tactic.”

Did you suggest you presented even one solid fact that I disputed? What was that?

Or are you going to follow your own advice and ignore me? I would appreciate that very much.

31. By rjdniner on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

phtalerror. Waite too the end of the season to get your answers …have fun with all your stats and your crystal ball and don,t get upset if it gets cloudy ……..

32. By ace on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

i think kaep is pretty darn good in the pocket, with as few starts as he had,coach has done a great job with kaep, i do see him staring at his wr a bit , but then he delivers the the ball, with zip to the wr and very acruratetlly, cant complain about that, thats my unnecesarry unprofessional opinion

33. By ace on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

in the first half of this video he makes plays with his feet amazing
    2nd half he makes plays with his arm very acurate throws
    the one thing that bothers me about kaep is he starts off kinda cold his timing with wrs,and as he gets more chemisty with them,im sure that will change as he gets more starts under his belt

34. By ace on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

35. By ace on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

and simply to say he isnt good when confined to the pocket is not true, cuz if it were teams would have contained him and forced him to throw, and you see what happens when he gets single coverage downfeild, zip over everyone head dropped into the streakin wr hands dropped in on a line, he is not one dimensional as u suggest, does he or does he not have dc’s around the leagues scrambling to figure out how to stop him ? i think we found star here with kaep drawing so much attention so quickly in his career, i think the only qb you can kaep to is kaep, kaep is his own “ceiling”..

36. By ace on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

opps duplicate

37. By ace on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

first nfl start he beats a good bear defense, and i have to admit he ,didnt take long to get his timing right, 2nd posseion td, and he didnt really run much vs bears in very first game he shows he can stand and sling or move around and then sling it, urlacher may not have a job this year, partly due to being whomped and badly confused vs our young qb

38. By rjdniner on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

ace what got me really excited is knowing that Kap has a coach that played the position and has that special insight to the game ,and I hope he has learned to slide so he won,t get hit to hard or just run to the side line and still pick up +yardage and yes he can stand in the pocket look over the heads of the big uglys as I call them my beloved OL…read a report that the CHIEF really like Alex and hes work and to think that he finally had a coach that tought him how to be a better QB that will be fun to watch …….

39. By ace on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

absolutly , but reid on the other hand everyone is saying glowing things about him in kc,im still thinking he had a great chance in philly and he didnt do so well with the talented eagles team,im rooting for them to go 8-8 lol for our draft sake, but will he be able to tailor that offense to the str of the players he has ? thats what i question

40. By rjdniner on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

I truly hope so because as a fan of the game it,s a lot of fun to watch a team get turned around, what was the main thing Reid had a big OL for McNabb…. 8-8 I hope so and Alex has a hand in it …….

41. By ace on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

together we can root for the cheifs now, lol ?
    they had 6 players in the the pro bowl with less than 4 wins ?
    does that remind anyone of another team that was down on there luck till they got a new coach and qb ?
    sadly for kc i think the difference is that harbaugh has a winning % as a coach in the nfl and reids win loss % might not be above .500 % not sure but not equal to harbaughs

42. By phatalerror on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

“and simply to say he isnt good when confined to the pocket is not true, cuz if it were teams would have contained him and forced him to throw, and you see what happens when he gets single coverage downfeild, zip over everyone head dropped into the streakin wr hands dropped in on a line, he is not one dimensional as u suggest, does he or does he not have dc’s around the leagues scrambling to figure out how to stop him ? i think we found star here with kaep drawing so much attention so quickly in his career, i think the only qb you can kaep to is kaep, kaep is his own “ceiling””

The discussion two weeks ago concerning Kaepernick was the way in which defenses schemed against him: They stacked eight in the box. That means three are in an advantageous position to prevent throws over the top. The concept on the part of defensive coordinators was that they were going to stop the run and force Kaepernick to beat them through the air. Teams were to a point successful in doing this, while others were absolutely successful by it (see Rams, Seahawks, Ravens pre-blackout).

Many teams were ill-prepared to cover Gore and Kaepernick’s feet and Kaepernick’s arm. Teams that plugged gaps were extremely effective in shutting down Gore, whose yards per carry went down by a full yard after the transition to Kaepernick. Nevertheless, there were only so many defenders on the field, and such a situation led to the scenario that becomes a headache for defensive coordinators:

Several players are “used up” plugging a line through which a run was never attempted, and the players that remain need to cover relatively large portions of the field against both the throw and the scramble.

Harbaugh in turn exploited this scenario further, using many misdirection plays to draw defenders away from the offense’s point of attack. On the majority of TD carries by either Kaepernick or the runningbacks, misdirection was key to getting a safety to key in on one side of the field; the wrong side.

So the question is, Were the 49ers capable of more with Kaepernick or with Smith? The offenses were obviously quite different in their means, but what about their results? The answer depends on where you want to be most capable: Do you want to score on any given play, or do you want to have the best chance to end a drive with a TD? These are not mutually exclusive options, but in the case of Kaepernick, you got the former, and in the case of Smith, you got the latter. Kaepernick’s red zone offense was one of the weakest in the league (weeks 10-17: 86 snaps, 14 touchdowns, 16.3%), while Smith’s was 50% better and one of the best in the league (weeks 1-8, 58 snaps, 14 touchdowns, 24.1%; for comparison, during weeks 1-17, the Saints had a league best 27.0%, while the Chiefs had a 10.2% TD Conversion Rate). Kaepernick struggled in the red zone because despite his throwing power and throwing accuracy, he wasn’t able to make good decisions before the pressure got to him on dropbacks.

Many quarterbacks can operate functionally with an open field. The great quarterbacks separate from the mediocre ones in red zone production. What makes the difference in the red zone? Quality receiving targets and quality runningbacks are a big factor. However, those aren’t worth much if the quarterback isn’t good in the pocket. The quarterback has less time to find a target, and rollouts are less effective at that range. Much of Kaepernick’s mobile threat is neutralized because of the tight area, and so he has to throw more from within the pocket.

So people can *talk* about Kaepernick’s pocket skills, but the lack of such were revealed when he competed against top defenses in the red zone (see Rams, Seahawks, Patriots, and Ravens).

And by the way, Dom Capers didn’t get sent to Texas because Kaepernick was so good. He got sent to Texas because his squad underperformed so badly. No other league defensive coordinator wants to be humiliated in the fashion that he was, and those coaches are dotting their i’s and crossing their t’s because if they go against the 49ers in 2013 with a vanilla game plan and lose because of it, they could be out of a job (as Dom Capers should have been). Ten starts with little game tape to study does not constitute sufficient evidence of some quantum leap in offensive scheming and a re-definition of the franchise quarterback. Kaepernick has to prove that he can beat defenses that have had plenty of time to prepare for what he brings, and he has to continue growing in the areas of quarterbacking that he presently is weak in. If he does that, it’s good for him and for the team.

43. By ace on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

44. By phatalerror on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

“no, teams that gave kaep trouble were playing 3 deep zones like the rams did, and had p@s rush too, not 8 in the box”

Once the play starts, the defenders will read the play and go where they ought to. You can run three-deep coverage from a tight defensive formation. The disadvantage is that it tires the safeties out.

You are aware that many of Kaepernick’s big yardage throws were not to deep targets, and that the fingers of one hand can count the throws that were completed over the top, right?

This is the article referred to earlier, and I wasn’t even the first to reference it:

Are you talking about the first Rams game (in which they gameplanned against Smith and kept Kaepernick’s offense scoreless until the 4th quarter) or the second Rams game? Frank Gore’s average yards per rush in the second game was 2.5, which would be terrible for any back rushing against three deep zones, let alone a runningback some believe to be a future Hall of Famer.

When a defense puts eight in the box on 9 out of 20 plays, they are definitely challenging the quarterback to beat them with his arm. And while you can attribute the defensive looks in part to the offensive formations, the 49ers weren’t going into run-based formations because they wanted Kaepernick to chuck the ball all over the place. Kaepernick did his biggest damage against specific teams that didn’t rush with discipline (and a turnover-happy Patriots team that seemed to want to keep their tired-out defense on the field giving up underneath throws for touchdowns). The Rams, Seahawks, and Ravens didn’t give up those big gashing runs.

45. By SHIP on Jun 3, 2013 | Reply

There are people on here who must have a very sad and pathetic life to spend as much time as they do typing stuff that most of us don’t even feel like reading because we know the cliff notes version which simply stats, “I don’t like Kap”. Especially someone who has zero credibility.

46. By phatalerror on Jun 3, 2013 | Reply

And the Cliff Notes version of anything SHIP writes is, “I don’t like phatalerror.”

I’m sure someone here appreciates my research. But who is impressed by your schoolyard taunts?

47. By phatalerror on Jun 3, 2013 | Reply

SHIP: “There are people on here who must have a very sad and pathetic life to spend as much time as they do typing stuff that most of us don’t even feel like reading because we know the cliff notes version which simply stats, “I don’t like Kap”.”

phatalerror, earlier in the same thread: “I don’t dislike Kaepernick in any way, really; I just don’t esteem him highly as a quarterback because he doesn’t play the position well when restricted to the pocket. I get portrayed as a “hater” when what I have been saying all along is that he is not starting quarterback material even as NFL pundits are ready to count him among top quarterbacks.”

There are people on here who must have a very sad and pathetic life because they have lived in a country where basic education is free and yet they can’t read at a Jr. High School level of comprehension. What about “I don’t dislike Kaepernick [personally]” was so hard to understand? But your dislike of me is definitely personal.

48. By dave g. on Jun 3, 2013 | Reply

The mere fact that 1 person responded to SHIP’s comment in that manner shows they are indeed who he is talking about. Without even saying a name he fully recognized himself in those words accurately. Hilarious :)

49. By dave g. on Jun 3, 2013 | Reply

People can say they “like” and “love” and “dislike” all they want in life. But the truly intelligent (way above a HIGH SCHOOL level) do not always just believe what they read but use their power of deductive reasoning, logic and common sense without emotions clouding them to see the truth and filter through the BS. By saying you don’t dislike someone to start off tries to add value to what you want to say and attempts to make us think you are in no way emotionally invested in your stance to try to add credibilty to it.

50. By dave g. on Jun 3, 2013 | Reply

I know that kind of intelligence is way beyond some peoples scope but it is precisely why the emotionally weak will always be my lil b!tch and it only takes me a limited amount of time to slap a b!tch. I am a dual threat of street smarts & highly educated books smarts.

51. By ace on Jun 3, 2013 | Reply

kinda like kaep is a duel threat qb ?

52. By dave g. on Jun 3, 2013 | Reply

Dang right!

53. By phatalerror on Jun 3, 2013 | Reply

“I am a dual threat of street smarts & highly educated books smarts.”

“highly educated books smarts”? Did you mean that for being out on the streets past curfew, your parents punished you by beating you with books you couldn’t begin to read?

I wouldn’t have gone there, but you tried to pretend you had actually A) Attended a university, and B) Learned something. If you had, you certainly would have qualified for employment in a profitable venture that would have prevented you from having the time to troll forums explicitly set up for fans to discuss football.

Who is the pathetic one? It must be the one who makes one attempt after another to make other users feel small, while doing it in such a way so as to undercut any reason to be taken seriously. When it comes to dave g., it’s all about one step forward, two steps backward.

“kinda like kaep is a duel threat qb ?”

Yeah, except that at least Kaepernick is good at one of the threats. dave g.? No.

54. By ace on Jun 3, 2013 | Reply

ya know what have been worse
    Imagine if the Raiders had traded up for Colin Kaepernick?

55. By dave g. on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

Yaaaawn. This Alpha Male is secure in his place in life and is only interested in supporting those he cares about. He does not care what the small minded think of him because they have no clue and he is not here to defend himself but to defend KAP. I love my family, my dog and team (especially players who are trying hard!) and will defend them always. In my QB, I see a young man who is giving his all and genuinely wants to do a great job just like I saw with Alex. I will always defend those I care about from people who take out their small minded hateful and vindictive agenda’s out on them. If you don’t like it then “TFB”. You like like a hateful lil b!tch in this world you will be treated like a hateful lil b!tch. Comprende muchacha.

56. By phatalerror on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

*rolls eyes*

Because I evaluate a quarterback differently than you do, I am a “hateful [expletive]“? How am I the one with a perception problem? Do you really feel so secure in life seeing as you’re always trumpeting your ‘Alpha maleness’?

I don’t need to be disrespectful to others to feel good about myself. You do. You are the broken one.

57. By phatalerror on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

Get help.

58. By mfkram64 on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

blahblahblah your evaluation of a qb is worth shi$……alex smith is an avg. qb at best….u think he is up there with brees,rogers,brady and manning….that is enough to show me u don’t have a clue on evaluating qb’s…..alex smith can’t throw the long ball.. he can’t read defenses.. that’s way he got sacked so much not cuz the off. line was weak it’s cuz alex couldn’t read the defense…if we sat here and picked apart all of alex smith’s games it wouldn’t be pretty…like u do to kaepernick…..your long winded post r a yawn feast of babble….u try to hide your hate for kap. saying u just want the best out of the qb play.. is such bs……

59. By dave g. on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

Sure. Keep telling yourself that Fatal-Error. I am not the one spending hours of my miserable life trying to find countless ways to discredit the abilities of a young man who deserves our respect and trying his best! The coach makes the decision so if you don’t like the move take issue with him.

60. By dave g. on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

I am merely shedding light on your petty and pathetic place in life to feel an constant (without rest) need to feel superior by beating down a young mans abilities who is way above you as a human being and deserves our respect….

61. By dave g. on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

Yeah…I expose people like you because you nausiate me because I see you for who you are. And you dang right I am an Alpha Male which is why I LOVE ME. I make no apologies for me because I know I am a better human being than you. I only attack those who deserve it! Don’t like it TOO BAD! Go cry to mama!

62. By phatalerror on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

“And you dang right I am an Alpha Male which is why I LOVE ME.”

Wow. You’re a punk *and* a narcissist.

It amazes me that you have the chutzpah to publicly condemn me as a blight on the human race when you have absolutely no idea what I do with my time I don’t spend on 49ers.com.

No, wait. It doesn’t amaze me. I forget: You’re a troll.

63. By SHIP on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

No one cares what you say you do with your time because no one will believe each other. Anyone on here can BS that so it is irrelevant what we say about what we do with our time away from these blogs. So now you trying to hint that you someone special who gives to the needy and are saintly or a doctor? PLEASE-what a lame attempt to hint you special. STFU already you lame pathetic excuse of a human being. But we know what we have been reading and the pathetic personality profile is clearly displayed by you for the observant ones within us. I am proud of myself & will not act humble or modest to please your @ss. I am real. Troll? PunK?…how ingenious of a comeback! As for chutzpah, you learning what an Alpha Male truly is. I have supreme self-confidence & if you have an issue with it keep crying to mama for not giving you the genes and upbringing to be that man! Yeah…life sucks in your world but taking it out on a young, underserving, intelligent, hard-working QB will not make it better on my watch b!tch!

64. By SHIP on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

AND DAVE G. AND SHIP IS ONE OF THE SAME! YOU SEE HOW ANYONE CAN TYPE ANYTHING!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

65. By phatalerror on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

It doesn’t really matter whether you’re schizophrenic or just cut from the same cloth. Either way, anything written under those names is a waste of time.

Did you have to look up chutzpah?

66. By dave g. on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

Sorry SHIP for using your name, but I was making a point on how anyone can represent themselves anyway they want and no one will believe but what is truly behind the words; )

HAAAAAAAA!

67. By dave g. on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

The point has been made you pathetic monkey doo (aka Fatal-Error)!