• Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 9:00 PM - 9:30 PM PDT The Fiahtful Episode 1 "The Faithful" is a documentary series by 49ers Studios that is truly for the fans because it is the fans. Narrated by two-time Super Bowl champion Dwight Hicks, the show will take fans on journeys into the lives of the greatest 49ers stories that need to be told.

Morning Tailgate: Rookie Camp Recap

Posted by Taylor Price on May 13, 2013 – 11:02 AM

San Francisco’s rookies had a successful introduction into the “Forty Niner Way” over the weekend.

Three days of a rookie minicamp at 49ers headquarters saw the 2013 class learn the basics of San Francisco’s offensive, defensive and special team systems. It also saw the newcomers get to know each other and their coaching staff in perfect climate conditions.

The going will only get tougher for the rookies, like Sergio Garcia on the 17th tee box of Sawgrass, tough.

That’s because the rookies join forces with their veteran teammates this week for the third installment of “Football School.” The helmet-free fundamental work will take place this week to prepare the entire squad for upcoming Organized Team Activities.

49ers.com will check in with the rookie class after they get to work with the veterans, but for now, let’s look back at the opening impressions from rookie minicamp in today’s Morning Tailgate.

Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com reviewed the play of unheralded cornerbacks at 49ers rookie cmap.

Kevin Lynch of the San Francisco Chronicle shared notes on the passing accuracy at rookie cmap.

Daniel Brown of the San Jose Mercury News covered Eric Reid’s family history with football.

Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee discussed why Lawrence Okoye is in a good situation with the 49ers.

Barrows also checked in with offensive tackle Kenny Wiggins.

49ers.com offered a comprehensive look at rookie camp.

CLIP OF THE DAY

Bay Area support from the 49ers QB.

Tags: , , ,
Posted in Morning Tailgate | 38 Comments »

38 Responses to “Morning Tailgate: Rookie Camp Recap”

1. By jesus mendoza on May 13, 2013 | Reply

YOU KNOW IT KAP…….. HOLDING IT DOWN FOR THE BAY…… SSHHHHAAOOOOOOOOO

2. By tanglung on May 13, 2013 | Reply

49ERS

3. By corvaninerfan on May 13, 2013 | Reply

Sounds like there’s some pretty good talent out there…especially pumped about the CB’s. Good to see/hear Kap supporting our Warriors…just like the Niners, there’s NO QUIT in that team! Go Warriors!! Go Niners!!

4. By Charles Hall on May 13, 2013 | Reply

Lets go NINERS this is our year! Come on Warriors beat the Spurs take it all. I love the Bay Area where I’m from.

5. By ace on May 13, 2013 | Reply

6. By 49erdefense2012 on May 13, 2013 | Reply

you MUST be a child ace,,,that video post was as pointless as any post of phatalblahblahblah,,,and you wonder why people say rude things to you,,didnt you yourself just say the other day lets keep this blog about football talk and alex is gone so lets not bring him up anymore?,,if your naot a child your very in mature

7. By 49erdefense2012 on May 13, 2013 | Reply

and the title is incorrect,it should say alex smith led the 49ers to conference championshhip game appearance

8. By WhattheF U C K on May 13, 2013 | Reply

ace you such a d u mb a ss stop this video b u ll s h it or read the titles dumb ace

9. By WhattheF U C K on May 13, 2013 | Reply

and you b u t ty phatalerror is a d u mb ace 2

10. By ace on May 13, 2013 | Reply

rofl you guys thats not the title the title says hitler reacts to the alex smith trade
    and yes i thought it was funny so i posted it

11. By ace on May 13, 2013 | Reply

this is called nfl cold hard facts another stupid nfl video

12. By ace on May 13, 2013 | Reply

maybe you guys should lighten up a bit ?

13. By ace on May 13, 2013 | Reply

do you really believe that because you say something that its actually true, ooo wait you guys do, bunch of control freaks, and which one of you hides behind another screen name so we wont think ur the ahole who says those things ?
    hey lets play who is that ahole ? with the obvious fake screen name ?

14. By ace on May 13, 2013 | Reply

and id be willing to bet that the user who is using whatthe f u c k as a screen name is………drum roll …………..49erdefense2012 …..and if im wrong im sorry

15. By ace on May 13, 2013 | Reply

but what do know i dont hide behind any other screen names

16. By ace on May 13, 2013 | Reply

and you think im imature….rofl

17. By ace on May 13, 2013 | Reply

dont worry i can put the title on top of the video for you to read since your having trouble with titles

18. By 49erdefense2012 on May 13, 2013 | Reply

yes your wrong,and your refusal to acknowledege that others have asked you to stop posting so m,any videos speaks volumes about your character

19. By 49erdefense2012 on May 13, 2013 | Reply

I dont need another screen name,and yes your acting like a little kid,just by your postings after myself and others have asked you to lighten up on the video postings show it.,,look at how you reacted to it,,you say im posting as someone else,which im not,then you say im sorry if im wrong??,,dude,all myself and 3-4 others asked was if you would back off on the video posts so we regulars could get back to football TALK,and you react like a 10 year old would,,chil out and when did I ever insult yoi?

20. By ace on May 13, 2013 | Reply

ooo this just in cheifs hire chris ault as a consoltant kaeps former coach and creator of the “pistol” offense

Alex Smith’s first words to Ault
    “Thanks a lot for Kaepernick”

but kidding aside kinda hoped we would attract his interest more,than kc

21. By ace on May 13, 2013 | Reply

like i said im sorry but you seemed an “obviuos” choice since when i look back at who says stop posting videos um i see you telling me to stop posting videos, so let me ask you why does it bother you when someone posts a video ? (this is the internet btw )

22. By tanglung on May 13, 2013 | Reply

I just can’t see 49erdefense2012 having another screen name. He’s the most logical 49ERS FAN on this site. I don’t think he needs to hide behind another name. Maybe it’s a seachicken or chief’s fan. Who know’s and who cares.

23. By tanglung on May 14, 2013 | Reply

hmm maybe its you

24. By tanglung on May 14, 2013 | Reply

who said that lol me or you ?

25. By mfkram64 on May 14, 2013 | Reply

man we need thinks to start up….ace way to many videos….like 49erdefense said chill out…lets talk football…rookie mini camp…lets see what they r made of….get thru camps and in 12 weeks it’s preseason baby….not wishing summer away but love my niners!!!!

26. By ace on May 14, 2013 | Reply

testing

27. By ace on May 14, 2013 | Reply

Where are you phatalerror. I need you to defend my video’s.

28. By tanglung on May 14, 2013 | Reply

lol

29. By tanglung on May 14, 2013 | Reply

you should stop posting with my name tang

30. By tanglung on May 14, 2013 | Reply

31. By tanglung on May 14, 2013 | Reply

Not me ace… But I see you have learned a new trick. What a j e r k…. Now you have stooped to balahblahblah’s level…

32. By tanglung on May 14, 2013 | Reply

This website has proved to be corrupt.
    How can we trust anything that has been writen.
    This really s u c k s.
    THANKS ALLOT ACE!!!

33. By tanglung on May 14, 2013 | Reply

All I can say is : I WILL ALWAYS HAVE 49ERS FEVER….

Thanks again ace. You have really F U C K E D this up.

I once told you to ignor what was being written about your mom. I totally regret trying to calm you down.

F U C K !!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. By 49erdefense2012 on May 14, 2013 | Reply

loading videos sucks,videos are sometimes corrupt,videos take up many pages of blog space,I never said I had a problem with your vid posting ace,just the over the top posting of videos,,I mean c’mon dude look you treat this blog page like ace’s own personal video posting site ,,whatever, you wont stop even if your fellow bloggers have asked you to chill out a bit, I already explained to you that I have seen video on EVERY player on our roster,,go ahead,just keep posting whatever videos you like,yup its the internet by the way,,and who cares if your annoying your fellow 49er fans right?? I measn cant you just hey yoiu guys go look at this palers film?? thats just as good,,,whatever,,and I never told you to STOP POSTING VIDEOS,,,I just asked you to chill out some,,as did some other of your fellow bloggers,,,NOT JUST ME was asking you to chjll out some,,,thats all I or anyone else ever said

35. By 49erdefense2012 on May 14, 2013 | Reply

and frankly,im tired of seeing,reading or talking about anything that relates to alex smith,,,he’s gone,,bye-bye,,dont need to be reminded of his long-term struggles or his short trem success,,as you yourself have pointed out,,,many times by the way,,especially to blahblahblah,,,lets move on,,

36. By mfkram64 on May 14, 2013 | Reply

i agree 49erdefense…..we r all tired of talking about alex smith….who cares it’s time to move on it is soooooooooooooooooooooo old…..the niners have their team set…..and true fans back their team and don’t worry about guys who leave….

37. By ace on May 14, 2013 | Reply

thank you tang i was just following ur lead

38. By jud127 on May 14, 2013 | Reply

surly a smith does still need talking about as i know umust want him to finish 8 and 8