Morning Tailgate: Kaepernick Hosts Camp

Posted by Alex Espinoza on March 26, 2013 – 11:57 AM

Ever since Colin Kaepernick took over as the 49ers starting quarterback, the NFL has had a hard time keeping up with him. But on Saturday, Kaepernick had a hard time keeping up with the 300 kids who attended his free youth football camp in Pacifica. Deke Farrow of the Modesto Bee was on hand to watch Kaepernick’s camp, which proved to be an entertaining event for all.

“Participants got autographed photographs of Kaepernick, took part in skill contests and games, and posed for pictures with the quarterback,” Farrow wrote. “But the highlight, of course, was the chance to play ball with the former Pitman High School standout who took over the starting quarterback job in the fall and led his team to the Super Bowl.”

Kaepernick has been very involved with youth in Northern California since he has joined the NFL, most notably with Camp Taylor, a central valley organization which benefits children with heart defects.

The rest of today’s Morning Tailgate looks ahead to the NFL Draft and more.

Mike Sando of ESPN.com looked at the possible trade assets the 49ers have with 14 draft picks.

Cam Inman of the Bay Area News Group broke down the 49ers roster heading to the draft.

Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee examined the 2012 49ers draft class.

Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle discussed Anquan Boldin’s ability to perform in big games.

Bay Area Super Bowl Bid Committe Chairman Daniel Lurie penned an essay for the Bay Area News Group about the efforts to bring Super Bowl L and/or Super Bowl LI to the future home of the 49ers.

Branch wrote about NFL teams trying to defend the zone-read option.

Kyle Williams is on the comeback trail.

Tags: , , ,

18 Responses to “Morning Tailgate: Kaepernick Hosts Camp”

1. By bow53 on Mar 26, 2013 | Reply

what is ur problem server…………………….lunch break or something??????

2. By tanglung on Mar 26, 2013 | Reply

THE SAN FRANCISCO FORTY NINERS

3. By 49er-n-memphis on Mar 26, 2013 | Reply

HONEY-BADGER!!!!!

4. By jermainesoto on Mar 26, 2013 | Reply

I have been big fan of 49ers when it frist came to the nfl.49ers for life.

5. By bow53 on Mar 26, 2013 | Reply

try again, word is naamdi is weighing in between niners & the saints, now,if his smart enough then he should head to the bay area w/ a cla$$y organization, than the dirty bounties down the bayou, plus his best chance in getting his 1st S.B. ring,my gut feeling is he will go back here in the city by the bay, but this time w/ a red and gold uniform, just a gut feeling…..

6. By johninchina on Mar 26, 2013 | Reply

Hey Kyle,Thanks for the brief report; we (49er Faithful) are praying for your speedy and full recovery and comeback to play an important role in this year’s march to the Superbowl ! We look for more reports on your and other guys’ (Mario and Kendall, especially) progress in recovery and readiness ! Keep up the good work, and have a great day !!! No Twitter or Facebook in China . . .

7. By Jay Napeahi on Mar 26, 2013 | Reply

Kap at the “O”. That’s my High School school boy!! Niners for lifer!

8. By mfkram64 on Mar 26, 2013 | Reply

bow53 I hear ya….love to see naamdi in a niner uniform…I think he has a big chip and something to prove….eagles d sucked and used him all wrong coming to the niner d he will be used right….one of those moves that I think will shine…lets get it done….

9. By mfkram64 on Mar 26, 2013 | Reply

following up my last post…sign naamdi and than go and draft the honey badger..for the future also a safety if they can move up for elam…to me that would be a solid draft…I think the offense is all set….pickup a fa t/e to go with davis and celek….wr’s r set….

10. By Jack Black on Mar 26, 2013 | Reply

Very nice. My Boys are in elementary school and would love to attend. Can we get announcements in advance as to when and where the camps are scheduled. My sons want to attend. Thanks and Go Niners!

11. By Your worse nightmare on Mar 26, 2013 | Reply

The youth that attend camp kap will soon have tattoo’s.

12. By tanglung on Mar 26, 2013 | Reply

49ERS

13. By mfkram64 on Mar 27, 2013 | Reply

I”ve been pushing elam but reports out there say cyprein is a better safety coming out…like we all say harbaugh and baalke will make the right move….this is stuff I throw out there to talk about not tim tebow…haven’t seen much feed back on guys people like in draft…a 1,two 2’s ,two 3’s and 2 4’s….gotta love it…

14. By dave g. on Mar 27, 2013 | Reply

NINERS!

15. By bow53 on Mar 27, 2013 | Reply

another pest in the house name nightmare, seachicken fan i believe, just like there qb.who runs like a chicken with out a head……………

16. By Hermie on Mar 27, 2013 | Reply

I still am not sold on Naamdi, but if we sign him I figure if he’s good enough for Harbaugh and Baalke he is good enough for me!! At this point, I think we should spend the first couple of rounds and the last couple of picks (on potential) on DB’s for the money to get Naamdi, who may not pan out any better than a young stud!!

17. By temper11 on Mar 27, 2013 | Reply

What’s the big deal about Kap’s tats? Hundreds of guys in the NFL have tats, why are Kaps such a focus for everyone? And when I say everyone, I’m referring to the media (who admittedly have since backed off) and various posters on this blog site and others. I don’t get it… lots of guys have tats out there. Is it because he’s a QB? Are there not many QB’s with tats? I’m trying to think of any. Vick’s gotta have some tats right, having been to the “big house”?

18. By carolynn on Apr 3, 2013 | Reply

Kappy, you ROCK………. you are the best thing since Wolf Pack football………… thank you for being the absolute excellent representative of Nevadan character and proud to have followed you all thru UNR……. and oh brother, did I almost croak when you signed with 9’rs……….. I am if not your #1 fan, pretty darn close………. YOU GO KAP…….