Morning Tailgate: SC Stadium Update

Posted by Alex Espinoza on March 6, 2013 – 9:51 AM

49ers CEO Jed York and local dignitaries are set to take a tour of the new Santa Clara Stadium site on Wednesday and discuss the city’s bid to bring Super Bowl L to the Bay Area in 2016.

On Tuesday, York got a lay of the land and sent out various pictures of the latest construction developments in the new stadium site via Twitter. Mike Sando of ESPN.com rounded up York’s pictures and gave his take on the rapidly-rising future home of the 49ers.

Want to take your own tour of the new Santa Clara Stadium? Book a tour today.

The rest of today’s Morning Tailgate looks ahead to the free agency period from a 49ers perspective and primes you for the top players available in 2013.

John Breech of CBSSports.com gave a 49ers-centric free agency preview.

NFL.com offered free-agency primers for quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, interior defensive linemen, pass rushers and cornerbacks.

Charles Davis and Bucky Brooks of NFL.com also offered their latest mock draft predictions. Davis has the 49ers selecting Tennessee WR Justin Hunter in the first round while Brooks has the 49ers drafting SMU defensive end Margus Hunt.

TV49’s CLIP OF THE DAY

The future home of the 49ers.

Tags:

11 Responses to “Morning Tailgate: SC Stadium Update”

1. By NICK LAMBUSTA on Mar 6, 2013 | Reply

can not wait for the new stadium i live in new jersey planning to see a few games when it is complete

2. By 49erdefense2012 on Mar 6, 2013 | Reply

I will miss candlestick and all its magical moments it has given me during its tenure as baseball stadium and football stadium. who else besides myself remembers those sf giants games on friday nights against the dodgers,,or the many back and forth games against the LA rams back in the days,,but,,,im looking forward to spending the next 20 years attending games at the new stadium,,,and for 850 bucks for each set of season tickets,,well,,who could ask for more??,,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,IN BAALKE WE BELIEVE,,TO 49ER FOOTBALL WE ARE FAITHFUL,,,,

3. By tanglung on Mar 6, 2013 | Reply

THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS AN THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS

4. By EShy on Mar 6, 2013 | Reply

So we can book a tour of the construction site?

5. By Frank Rivera on Mar 6, 2013 | Reply

I’m old school. I hate to see the Niners leave Candlestick after all these years. But then again, I remember the days they played at Kezar Stadium in Golden Gate Park. Progress id pregreess, I guess; and the new stadium is a lot closer to my home.

6. By Ladybug on Mar 6, 2013 | Reply

Yes, the new stadium will be state of the art, and truly great….one the 49ers and their fans can use for many years.

I want to say how it saddens me that Akers was let go. I know, I know, this past year he wasn’t up to snuff….but the guy had medical problems that plagued him, and a kicker can’t do his best, when his kicker is off-whack. His record was truly astonishing…well done David Akers….All best to you in any future endeavors you may have.

If Akers can finally heal completely during the off-season…I wonder if he can once again be the kicker he was.???? 49ers might be sorry they let him go.

7. By mfkram64 on Mar 7, 2013 | Reply

akers is gone….they need to sign goldson and get revis or asomugha…go into draft and get d-line guy and a pas rusher…than get a 2nd tier wr in free agency…a guy who has a chip on his shoulder who can be a diamond in the rough…this team needs a 2nd wr..manningham is going to come back but it usually takes 2 years for a wr to get back to speed….like to see them draft a rb like lattimore…give him a year under gore…he could be a ricky waters type back…

8. By mfkram64 on Mar 7, 2013 | Reply

if they don’t sign goldson look at lashon landry jet safety…hard hitting good safety..to me it doesn’t look like they will sign a free agent dt…probably try to keep francois…like williams from n.c….also rhodes cb fla. st….tall and fast…future shut down cb…rogers is 32 this year and they need depth at cb..

9. By Kev on Mar 7, 2013 | Reply

Think the 49ers will get Superbowl L barring a construction setback. The city of Miami still hasn’t gotten full approval from city voters for $400 million in rennovations. If Miami can get those rennovations ready, they are set for Superbowl LI

10. By tanglung on Mar 7, 2013 | Reply

49ERS

11. By Rjohnny49 on Mar 7, 2013 | Reply

I would have to say the new Stadium is moving along smoothly so far. Being in Santa Clara leaves me out of attending any future games. I had free tickets to 3 games this year and did not go so it is not a big worry. It is over 100 miles for me
    to make the trip. There are plenty of weathly people in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties to make up the difference.

The guys above are right we need a corner back or 2 and to sign Goldson, he is
    an important part of our team. Rivas would be a nice addition, but we cannot pay too much for him, we are going to have a lot of guys to pay.