Morning Tailgate: Jan. 18

Posted by Taylor Price on January 18, 2013 – 11:41 AM

In the final weeks of the regular season, the San Francisco 49ers wisely hid the quarterback running element of the “Pistol” offense. Colin Kaepernick didn’t leave the pocket often on designed-runs, but unleashed the quarterback scrambles against Green Bay to the tune of 181 rushing yards, the most by a quarterback in any NFL game. Ever.

Do the 49ers have more weapons to unleash this Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons with a  Super Bowl appearance on the line? CSNBayArea.com’s Matt Maiocco believes Vernon Davis is the one that fits the bill.

“After the victory over the Packers, 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman pointed out that the 49ers like to keep their ace card hidden until they need it,” Maiocco wrote in a Friday mailbag offering. “This would appear to be the time for Davis to emerge.”

Davis hauled in a 44-yard pass against the Packers last week on a perfectly thrown touch pass from Kaepernick. The 49ers tight end ran by A.J. Hawk’s coverage to make the over-the-shoulder reception.

Could that happen against the Falcons in the NFC title game? It’s certainly possible. Seahawks tight end Zach Miller caught eight passes for 142 yards and a touchdown in last week’s Divisional Playoff defeat.

Katie Dowd of the San Francisco Chronicle shared a series of photos from Kaepernick’s past.

Ann Killion of the San Francisco Chronicle believes the 49ers current offense would suit Hall of Fame quarterback Steve Young.

Steve Corkran of the San Jose Mercury News shared Frank Gore’s comments on adapting to the “Pistol” offense.

Cam Inman of the San Jose Mercury News looked at the 49ers matchup against Atlanta’s offensive weaponry.

Mark Purdy of the San Jose Mercury News examined the tackling techniques of the 49ers defense.

Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee shared the comments of Atlanta’s defense on the keys to defending Kaepernick.

Sam Good of TDDaily.com previewed the NFC title game with a major assist from an Atlanta-based rapper with ties to the 49ers.

49ers.com looked at Jim Harbaugh’s latest motivational message, Frank Gore’s toughness and smarts, plus featured Kaepernick’s efforts in changing the expectations of a quarterback in the NFL.

TV49’S CLIPS OF THE DAY

Homecoming.

Tags: , , , ,
Posted in Morning Tailgate | 234 Comments »

234 Responses to “Morning Tailgate: Jan. 18”

1. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

thanx for a great read alex espinosa, your quest for six nfc championship article was a great read,,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST

2. By tanglung on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

3. By Josh on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

The fans may trust in Harbaugh, but any player that gets injured is going to be wary of losing their position now thanks to him. I lost a lot of respect for Harbaugh when he burned Smith like that.

4. By tanglung on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

We have to move on. Big game coming up……..GO 49ERS…….

5. By temper11 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Josh – I didn’t like the decision either (still don’t as many of the bloggers on here will attest to you), but ultimately it was Harbaugh’s decision to make. His profession is one in which wins and losses are the only measure of success. Morality plays no part in the decision making process. So, while I strongly disagree with the switch, regardless of Kaepernicks success, I personally didn’t lose respect for Harbaugh for making it. He’s just doing his job. I think it sets a bad precedent for the league (TBD), I think it had the potential of blowing up the locker room (which it didn’t), I thought it had the potential of scrubbing the season (which it didn’t), and I thought morally it was clearly the wrong decision. And as much as I’ve said that over and over and over again, arguing with many about it, I still recognize, and can appreciate, that it was his (Harbaugh’s) decision to make.

6. By 49er-n-memphis on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Whatever….. N HARBAUGH WE TRUST!

7. By ogre on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

GO NINERS! Evidently we are the underdogs (good-I like it that way).

8. By temper11 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Are we really? I thought just about everyone with a pulse had picked us to win.

9. By SB on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

EXCITEMENT ! EXCITEMENT ! EXCITEMENT!
    Kaep is progressing well. By his performance last week, he is deserving of being called “STEVE MONTANA”.
    GO 49ERS!!!

10. By tanglung on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

I would prefer that the 49ERS be underdogs. But either way, The 49ERS are going to win on sunday and again at the Superbowl…..RING #6………GO 49ERS…….

11. By 9erdog on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Josh and Temper11; yep!

12. By temper11 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Ring #6 does have a nice “RING” to it!

13. By Cosmo on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Unlike those who question the best man for the job approach, I applaude Jimbo for having the stones to make the hard choices. The reason the locker room didn’t fall apart is because they want to win and know there is but one head coach and He makes the decisions, players execute the plan. Without these basic operating princlples you end up with a team like the Eagles with tons of unused talent and a coach who gets fired. Personally I love Alex, he’s a Niner Stud and has been invaluable to us in getting where we are, but that deosn’t mean he gives us the best chance to win. If Kaep gets hit and has to come out of the game we are still dangerous with Alex as QB. So suck it up winers and get your head back in the game. Go Niners!

14. By temper11 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

I think that’s not far from what I just said. Why so angry?

15. By temper11 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Cosmo, I may have misinterpreted the tone of your post. I think again we are of similar opinion here.

16. By bow53 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

@cosmos i agree w/u 100% we have a huge day ahead of us, so who ever is in r roster deal w/ it, what ever we got is what we get,…..we should be blogging to fired -up the 49ER NATION…NOT TO WHINE….cuz’in a couple days its redemtion time…and @ josh i don’t know where ur coming from, but J.H. is the best thing that ever happen to this franchise, its been a long time coming since we got back to the glory days, and here we are buddy standing tall one game to the big dance, it the word of cosmos and me deal w/ it or suck it…..

17. By dave g. on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Temper11-Why are you such a creampuff? Seriously? Its not a good moral decision? I like Alex and always have but to keep going on and on and on. Really????? I always backed Alex but honestly how someone can’t see what KAP can do is just idiotic! Where does this whining & continued crying come from? And if you feel sorry for him…get over it. He has made more money than most will see and he is set for life! I like the guy & appreciate all he has done but geeeeeez. Steve Deberg was a nice guy but are people sitting around feeling sorry for him & complaining about morality? And he made much less than Alex. What about “nice guy” Drew Bledsoe? Do you see where our team is? Just root for our team and STFU already. You such a baby!

18. By gary potter on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

ogre. niners are the favorite +4 which means vegas figures we win by touchdown. home team most always gets +3 if teams are even, in this game vegas figures niners win. hope they are right i hate to give that many points but i am giving it sunday.
    go niners

19. By dave g. on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

And Temper11 – You honestly think Cosmo is saying what you been saying????? Are you that lame? Or that clueless?

20. By DYENNY on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

I AGREE WITH TANGLUNG . I WISH WE WERE GOING IN UNDERDOGS ALSO. WE DO NOT NEED TO START BUYING INTO OUR OWN HYPE . WHAT HARBOUGH SHOULD DO IS MAKE EVERYONE WATCH LAST YEARS NFC CHAMP. GAME AND REMEMBER THAT FEELING KNOWING HOW IT FELT TO WALK OFF THE FIELD KNOWING YOU WERE THE BEST TEAM IN NFL

21. By DYENNY on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

I WAS WATCHING ON HOW ATLANTA WAS GOING TO SPY KAP . WELL IF THEY DO VERNON AND WALKER AND GORE WILL HAVE BIG DAY. I CANT SIT THINKING ABOUT HOW THIS SUNDAYS GAME CANT GET HERE QUICK ENOUGH. GO 49ERS LETS GO GET ATLANTA ONE PLAY AT THE TIME . AND PLAY UNTIL THE CLOCK HITS SUPERBOWL

22. By temper11 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

You are a moron Dave and I try really hard not to stoop to your level of playground name calling, but I went ahead and did it anyway. Why is it that you can’t understand that I can disagree with the decision and still see what Kap can do? Just because Kap has been a success and clearly has a bright future with the niners doesn’t also mean that I’m not allowed to disagree with the decision. I’m not the coach. It’s not my job to make this decision. So I’m free to voice my opinion on what I think is right when considering all aspects of the decision… such as loyalty, morality and for the bottom line of wins and losses. Harbaugh is thinking only in terms of the bottom line, which I completely understand as that is his job. But it’s not mine. Why am I such a creampuff? Why are you such an A-hole? I played football at a very high level but never made it to the NFL. The money would obviously have been good, but it wasn’t everything to me and isn’t for a guy like Smith either. I worked my a@@ off for a shot to play in the NFL, not just because I wanted to be wealthy, but because I loved the game. As such, I can feel for a guy, whose worked as hard or most likely harder, got into the NFL and then was mis-managed, set up to fail, scapegoated, and ultimately betrayed (at least that’s the way it must feel to him). If he were your son, you’d probably feel differently. But he’s not, he’s just a pawn to you in your glorious quest for the bragging rights of a 6th SB championship. I feel bad for the guy… why is that so wrong? He’s worked hard here and deserves the respect of a-holes like you.

23. By temper11 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

and yes… Dave, I do think that what Cosmo said is very much along the same lines as what I was saying. Tell me specifically where he and I disagree in your estimation.

24. By temper11 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

I crazy stoked for the guys to win the Super Bowl also, but not for me. If they win, my life won’t change, if they lose my life won’t change. I want them to win it for them. Because of the effort they’ve all put into it. Because they deserve it. Because I recognize that there are actual people under the uniforms and I can relate to those people. You call me a creampuff for that? I call it not being a shallow piece of sh!t.

25. By DYENNY on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

49ERS DIG DEEP REMEMBER THE FEELING OF LOSING. I HATE TO LOSE AND THIS TEAM IS SPECIAL BUT DONT GET CAUGHT UP IN ATLANTA NIGHT LIFE THAT THEY ARE GOING TO THROW AT THE 49ERS . THINK ABOUT THE PLAYER THATS GOING TO BE ACROSS FROM YOU ALL DAY HITTING YOU IN THE MOUTH. YOU GOT TO HIT HIM HARDER AND LET HIM KNOW YOU WILL BE THERE EVERY PLAY

26. By phatalerror on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Still the unwarranted flames.

It would be rewarding to see the 49ers win this week’s Conference Title. But if not, it will be almost as rewarding to see so many of these computer keyboard-wielding punks forced to explain why they trusted in Harbaugh, and why Kaepernick must still be the man for the job despite not doing enough to win the game against a defensive coordinator less unintelligent than Dom Capers, while the quarterback who kept them competitive in last year’s game walks on to the ____________. A victory in a post-season game is after all, entertaining for a day. Watching self-proclaimed fans clinging desperately to an indefensible position of argument will entertain for the whole off-season.

And of course, by the definition set by the aforementioned punks, I am not a true 49ers fan for saying the above, but then I never did care what they thought, because they were a bunch of mindless, reactionary parrots anyway. I am a 49ers fan, although an injured one.

Go 49ers. And if you disagree with the above, save it for after the game. I have too much to care about between now and Sunday afternoon to spare the attention for you unethical punks.

27. By temper11 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Dyenny… do you think the players actually read this blog? I’d be interested in knowing that. I’d think no, but they might I guess. I wonder if I would if I were a player. I know that most of them say they don’t read or follow sports coverage, but I wonder how much of that is actually true.

28. By DYENNY on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

TEMPER 11 . I WOULD THINK MAYBE . BUT MOST LIKELY NOT . BUT IVE PLAYED BALL AND IVE BEEN TO ATLANTA ALOT. AND THERE IS ALOT OF THINGS THAT WILL KNOCK YOU OFF TRACK. I DO STAND BY MY PICK OF 11 POINT OR BETTER WIN . TO THROW THIS WEEKS SCORE AFTER EVERYONE SAID NO WAY LAST WEEK WHEN I PREDICTED A 17 POINT VICTORY. BUT I DO MY HOME WORK I HAVE SOME PEOPLE ON THIS SITE THAT WILL CONFIRM MY 3 SRTAIGHT DRAFT PICKS IN A ROW LAST YEAR.

29. By DYENNY on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

I THINK WE HAVE A COUPLE FAKE NINER FANS ON SITE THAT I DONT EVEN ACK NOWLEDGE . BUT I WILL SAY THIS WEEK 49ERS 31 AND ATLANTA 20.

30. By temper11 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

I’d take that score in a heart beat. I hope you are as prophetic this week as you were last.

31. By 11yearswithalex on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

see and i was all done and every time i try to get out …they drag me back in ……alex got replaced because colin was ready …alex was on the block when he came back and finally signed the tender …wich he snubbed and said lacked respect ….and he got slapped with his success when not 1 real team wanted him and he came back with his tail between his legs and did sign at that point the coach was on board whenever colin was ready …alex going down and colin flourishing made his decision easy …..a 3and out alex who will always throw short of the sticks on 3 rd down ….or colin who wants it all and is determined to get it no matter how hard he has to work ……easy choice i say ………..

32. By ninerfanfromtonga on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

I am probably one of the most loyal fans in sports. I was extremely upset when Harbaugh replaced AS with CK. But, I eventually excepted his decision after I saw the Pats v. Nines game. In that game I saw the wisdom of having CK under center, he gave us our best chance to win. As painful as those words are to me, I know it’s the truth. I still think AS is a fantastic QB, but I have to live in reality.

I would love for AS to stay, but at the same time I know that won’t happen.

Gooooooooooooooo Niners!!!!!!!

33. By dave g. on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Phatablahbalah says “if you disagree with the above, save it for after the game. I have too much to care about between now and Sunday afternoon to spare the attention for you unethical punks”. Thats not condescending? Temper- you just stupid. Seriously.

34. By bow53 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

thats the spirit ninerfanfromtonga, we need to face reality, and move on……

35. By temper11 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

11, from what I understand of the negotiations, which is only what was being reported on csn bay area, Alex was ready to sign off on the deal long before he actually did. The stall in the negotiations was between Alex’s agent and the 49ers, not Alex himself. I even remember an interview with Alex and he was saying that the deal was basically done and the details were just being worked out. Then we find out that Alex’s agent was also Peyton Manning’s agent, and it was suggested that the agent was stalling the negotiations with Alex in order to give the niners time to evaluate Manning. So enough with the “Alex snubbed and said lacked respect”, I didn’t hear of anything like that.

36. By dave g. on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Its funny how Phatablahblah always tries to make sure he puts it out there before a game that basically no matter what happens he is the winner! He always does that sh!t. He never eally takes a definate stance. Thats simply a pu$$. And Temper really has a low IQ…its not a dig but its not even worth debating him with him. Phatablahblah is a pu$$ who thinks he is smarter and better than the rest of us.

37. By temper11 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Dave, do you expect him to be polite to you for some reason? You are reading too much into your own “Alphadogness” if you thing you command any kind of respect from anyone on this blog.

38. By dave g. on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

ninerfanfromtonga-you get it but I suppose Temper11 will think you and him think the same. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

39. By dave g. on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Temper11-What the F are you talking about? Are you retarted?

40. By temper11 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Well said Ninerfromtonga.

41. By temper11 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Yes Dave… I have actually been “tarted” twice.

42. By temper11 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

And, I do agree with much, not all with what ninerfromtonga said. This is a complicated issue for some people. I realize that you only have the capacity to say “Kap has strong arm… fast legs… Kap good, Alex bad” but for some of us, it’s more complex than that.

43. By dave g. on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Temper11-You don’t live in reality! What side are you on? Do you even know what stance you take or are you just blindly agreeing with everyone else & especially Phatablablah? Someone needs to slap you.

44. By temper11 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Good luck to us all and I’ll type at you after the jump. Here’s to hoping we still have a reason to show up in the morning tailgates come Tuesday (monday is a holiday for me… won’t be online). Good luck all, Go Niners!

45. By phatalerror on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

“He never eally takes a definate stance.”

What’s not definite about “Alex Smith is a better quarterback than Colin Kaepernick”? What’s not definite about “The 49ers’ running game was more effective with Alex Smith quarterbacking”?

Anyone not swayed by a single playoff game and can remember Colin’s helplessness against the Seahawks’ defense can attest to both of the above.

What’s not definite about “The Falcons’ defense this week will give the 49ers’ offense a much more difficult challenge than the better-ranked Packers did last week”? What’s not definite about “Mike Nolan was a terrible head coach, but is a superior defensive coordinator compared to Dom Capers”?

Look for me to be right on both of those as well.

I never take a definite stance? Give me a break. I may qualify a statement, but I tend to be right far more often than wrong when I make rationally achieved definite statements.

46. By dave g. on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Temper is calling me simple now!? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Thanks for the laugh bro. Thats priceless! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

47. By temper11 on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Let me lay it out for you simply.

I have been a huge supporter of Alex for years.

I was obviously dissapointed with the switch. Felt he shouldnt have lost his job

Thought that Colin, while exciting, would make too many rookie mistakes

That didn’t happen. I’ve been very happy and excited by how Colin has played.

Regardless, having nothing against Kap, I still wish that Alex would have been given the chance to finish what he started. I feel he earned it. Then they could battle for the number 1 spot in the off season.

I now fully support Kap, feel horrible for Alex (knowing how I’d feel if I were him) and while I disagree with Harbaughs decision, respect that he’s the head coach and made the decision he thought was best for the team. If Colin flops on Sunday, you’ll not hear me calling for the coaches or Colin’s head. You’ll not hear me say “I told you so”.

I want the team to win. Doesn’t mean that I can’t also feel for the guy who clearly got the shaft in this situation.

Let me know if you need me to explain any of the bigger words to you Dave. Have a very great weekend all.

48. By dave g. on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Why are these people trying to use my style against me? Its like when Ocho Cinco & Joe Horn started their creative celebration dances. Yeah creative huh? We all knew who the real deal truly was! Phatablahblah is Ocho & Horn is Temper. Ok, I probably need to make it clear to Temper11 because he won’t get it: I realize you did not do a TD dance. Its like they saying what I say back like its their own. LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!

49. By dave g. on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Temper- We all know what you been saying but now you softening your stance. At least be man enough to stand by your words because what you spelled out above is not exactly what you been saying! You really are a waste of time but once again I really did appreciate the laugh above.

50. By phatalerror on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

I can never support the decision because the decision was positively mercenary and void of any ethical merit. It was Machiavellian. It was wrong, regardless of what Kaepernick has done or does during the remainder of the post-season.

It will be water under the bridge come next off-season, but the decision will always be one in which the 49ers’ coaching and ownership undercut a quarterback who earned the starting job and did nothing to lose it. The fact that they did it to a quarterback that suffered what Alex Smith has throughout eight years with the franchise makes it all the more tragic. Nothing in Kaepernick’s performance, no matter how great or how awful, does anything to change that.

51. By dave g. on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Someone is starting to realize that he will have egg on his face so now he is preemptively taking the ethical route more so even if KAP wins 10 SBs, he is right and us “average” fans are wrong and don’t get it.

52. By dave g. on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

I am sure he always remembers how “positively mercenary and void of any ethical merit” it took to go with Joe Montana instead of Steve Deberg….

53. By dave g. on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

That was a cold blooded move that I am sure Phatablahblah can’t get over! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Dude you gave me a great laugh too. Way to protect that precious & fragile ego no matter what happens! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

54. By dave g. on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

MADE MY POINT FOR ME CLEARLY!!!!!!!!!!! HA!

55. By Hermie on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Get Real!!

56. By Hermie on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

For everyones FYI…You also can’t say $crew or it will block you!!!

57. By tanglung on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

SAN FRANCISCO FORTY NINERS

58. By ace on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

NINERSNINERSNINERSNINERSNINERSNINERSNINERSNINERSNINERSNINERSNINERSNINERSNINERSNINERSNINERS ,THATS ALL I GOT TO SAY NINERS !!!!!

59. By Sheldon on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

I too doubted the decision of keeping Smith sidelined. The one thing I kept saying was if we didn’t get back to the NFC championship the switch didn’t really make much sense. But we did and we did in an exciting fashion. What’s done is done. Kap is the future of this time. The NOW as well. Whether you like or dislike the decision it’s made, and Harbaugh saw something special.
    Now can we all focus on this game and celebrate the return of the ring?

Whooooose got it better than us? Nooooobody!
    Go NINERS

60. By Hermie on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Whaa Whaa Whaa Blaah Blaah Blaah

61. By Hermie on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

That’s not at you Sheldon!!

62. By 11yearswithalex on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

what

63. By gary potter on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

64. By Ladybug on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

OMG just heard about Crabtree…..let’s hope this wont affect the team in Atlanta.
    Personally I think it’s a shakedown for money.

65. By tanglung on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

49ERS FEVER IS RUNNING HIGH. GO 49ERS

66. By phatalerror on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

“pt. i told you before, you can’t blame the sea chick game on 1 person. it was a whole team and coaching staff meltdown. what part of team don’t you understand??”

I’m one of the most consistent users here when it comes to commending team performances and not pinning all of the success or failure on one player.

With that said, the supposed weakness of Smith was that he couldn’t help the 49ers win a football game if they were down by multiple scores. Then he gets injured, and Kaepernick comes in, beats up some teams at their most vulnerable moments, gets to Seattle, and quarterbacks a team that ends up down by 21 points before they put a single score on the board.

Fine, he’s your guy, but no, he doesn’t get forgiven because the team played badly. Why should he?: Smith was never forgiven when the team played badly. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen Smith-haters rip Smith over the 2011 Ravens game or the 2012 Vikings game or the 2012 Giants game. You have a double-standard that has been completely exposed. You’ve always given Smith 100% of the criticism in team losses, and then *now* you want to play the Team Card?! I call Bologne.

67. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

at the start of the 2011,meaning right after the draft,I was asked by my wife,what should we do with alex smith? I said,for coach harbaugh,his best bet is to stick with alex right now as he gives us the best chance to win,with the qb’s that were currently on the roster,smith had the best knowledge of the playbook and the best skill set,as it were. and so O.T.A’s began and when kap was shown my wife said, hey,isnt that the guy who blew our cal bears out at nevada? yup I said, that kids skills are un-chartable,big strong arm,fast,big size,6-4 230, and he can spin it. if he can learn how to run a pro style-set offense,combine that with his read-option skills and the kid might be something special. we didnt see kap much during the 2011 season aside from the pre-season and we saw glimpses. then came the 2011 playoffs, a great COME-BACK win against the saints. and then the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP game against the giants of new york. and,depending on who you ask, either the whole team played bad or alex smith played bad.either way we lost. fast forward to this year. alex was playing pretty much the same as he had last year, a few more int;s but all in all,the same.I think we can all agree on that.,,then alex got hurt. alot of people,myself included,thought kap wasnt ready,cant look past his 1st read,cant throw from the pocket,doesnt give routes time to develop,takes off and runs too early,well,since kap has been playing,I have seen him do much better at going throguh his progressions,throwing from the pocket,and giving time for routes to develop downfield. yes early on kap struggled at those things,but as he played more he got better. I wont let 1-2 games of kaps learning curve lead me to believe that he will NEVER be able to do all these things. the 49ers are in the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP game for the 2nd straight year,,after years of futility,,with the switch,and this is debateable,coach harbaugh saw something in kap that he didnt see in alex smith, keep in mind, we dont get to see what is going on in practice, some say alex is better than kap,well,before harbaugh got here, alex had not done much,except shoulder the burden of some really bad teams. harbaughs arrival turned alex’s career around, so,in theroy,couldnt coach harbaugh do the same with kap?,,,,and the debate rages on,,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST

68. By 9erdog on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

as I’ve posted here Alex and Kaepernick both have the same 2012 record 6 2 1/2! Their both winners they just go about it deferently, that should make everybody happy, eh?
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

69. By 9erdog on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

“I can never support the decision because the decision was positively mercenary and void of any ethical merit. ”
    well put .

70. By 9erdog on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

CRABTREE ??

71. By 9erdog on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

phatalerror & temper11: spot on!

72. By 9erdog on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

49erdefense2012 : spot on!

73. By tanglung on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

let the truth be told.

74. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

when the great coach walsh traded montana and announced steve young as the starter, he was quoted as saying,,,,its the toughest choices we make that will define who we are,what we want to be,and what we will be. c’mon, everyone be honest, what were you thinking when you first heard montana was gone? I do,for my part. I called coach walsh every name in the book. the fa,n,base was outraged.at candlestick steve young was talked to way worse than anybody on this blog has been. I can tell you that from first hand experiance watching and hearing my grandfather and dad lambaste young..dont you think that when walsh made that choice it could be seen as ,”mercenary and void of any ethical merit”? IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,

75. By gary potter on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

pt: if you are talking about me, you are full of s$$t. i have supported AS for the 3 years i have been posting on this blog. don’t believe me ask 11. get your facts straight before you run your mouth off. i support coach JH although at first i was not in favor of the move, i now believe he did the right thing. i believe AS will surface with another team and will do well.

76. By tanglung on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Just about 24 hrs. before BIG game. I can hardly wait. I’ve got 49ERS FEVER…………..GO 49ERS…………

77. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

getting ready to watch the e,a,st-west shrine game on nfl network, a little bit of football, a primer if you will, alot of mid to late round draft picks will be playing in this game, who will be this games alfred morris? we shall soon see, kick off is at 1pm PST,,,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,,

78. By tanglung on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

I have a feeling that Vernon Davis is going to have a huge game. Maybe a touch down or two?, But putting the ball in great scoring position for other 49ERS players to do their thing…….. Let’s GO 49ERS……………

79. By lovethemdirtybirds on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

The 49ers are not going to know what hit them after the game on Sunday the Falcons are go win and win BIG! and leave no dout of who the best team in the NFC is, Now when it comes to CK he is going to know what hit him and he will remember for along time to come its go ing to be every LB that wearing red and black and if he runs into Spoon he may with that he had sit this one out…. Its time to RISE UP!! and reallize that Atlanta is just the better team.. Atl 35 Sf 10.

80. By gary potter on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

ldb. wanna bet?

81. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

im convinced now,either a regular blogger is coming up with the other teams fans postings or its the person who runs the site trying to fire us up, the falcons havent refered to themselves as the dirty dirds in a decade. im not buying it, I cant see another teams fan going through that long process of signing up to wordpress just to post on here, I kind of thought it when crabber59 showed up and told myself if another teams fan shows up suddenly then its for sure. I mean,c’mon,,,outta nowhere,twice,right before a playoff game, no, I think not.,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST..

82. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

you shoulda used rise up nation cuz thats what the falcons fans have been using as a monicker this season, I havent heard ,,,the dirty birds,, since that steroid user jammal anderson.,,,lame attempt at trying to sound like a falcons fan

83. By dave g. on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

lovethemdirtybirds : Uhhhm ok…your team is soft & thats why no one has bought in all season. You know that you should have lost last week.

84. By Hermie on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Like I said before…

According to Phalacio, Temperdog and 9erdog…

85. By dave g. on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Phatablahblahblahblah- So now you have resorted to anyone who does not agree with you must hate Alex. Really? Since you have displayed a history of having the free time to research sites with stats & quotes, why don’t you try reseaching the FACTS for once. You will see who has been standing up for Alex Smith all these years. Ask Eleven Years who debated him when he was hating on Alex. YOU KNOW NOT WHAT YOU TYPE.

86. By dave g. on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Hermie said it perfectly above. Hermies quote goes: “Really have to laugh at the naivete of some people. Here is what Harbaugh was suppose to really say and do…Sorry team, sorry organization, sorry fans, I am not going to play the player, who in my estimation gives us the best opportunity to win it all. I don’t care if I lose my job, but I have to be faithful and ethical and play Alex. $crew everyone else that wants to win, I am going to be selfish and do what is best for Alex!!”

Nicely put Hermie-Your sarcasm nailed it!

87. By Hermie on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Comeback…”but Alex was winning”…Yes, but apparently Harbaugh felt they had “better odds” at winning it all with Alex…I do not know what is so hard to understand about that concept!!

88. By Hermie on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Sorry…had better odds winning with Kaep!!

89. By Hermie on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Dave G…LOL…recdent my quote at the same time you did!

90. By dave g. on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Phatablablah says – “It is a stain on the 49ers’ prestige that will be ignored by the average fan if the 49ers win the Super Bowl (regardless of how Kaepernick contributes to that win), and will be recalled often if the 49ers lose as early as this weekend. Since I am not an average fan, and not restricted by such a Machiavellian viewpoint as most fans do seem to have, I will always remember.” – Why you such a whiny b!ch? Seriously? So there is a team out there who never replaces a player when the coaches feel he gives them the best chance to win? The GREAT SF49ers have never replaced a player who has done even more than Alex in our great history?

91. By Hermie on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Well Dave you know it was a given we would win it all with Alex…Now it is very “iffy” since Hrbaugh went to Kaep.

92. By dave g. on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

STOP HARBAUGH! Don’t you realize you staining the prestige of the 49ers by selecting the more electrifying and dangerous QB for a defense to defend? OMG don’t give us the best shot and make us most dangerous. I know your history of developing QBs, experience playing QB & actually working 1st hand with this QB gives you the insight that us “average” fans don’t have…BUT “F” all that knowledge! Dude lets put Alex’s feelings 1st because our organization will be stained! Whats wrong with you Harbaugh? ARE YOU NUTS? BTW: Thats sarcasm Temper (I know I have to tell you that or you will be scratching your head)

93. By dave g. on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Poor Freddie Solomon and the 8 years he put in for us. We stained our reputation folks by going with a guy from Mississippi Valley State back in 85. WTF were we thinking???

94. By dave g. on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Phatablahblah-Its not Spygate or Bounty Gate! Its a QB change. Position changes happens all the time, with every team & I know its shocking but yes even with our 49er players and coaches historically so I guess we have already been stained! I know its crazy and will make you cry but yes Phatablahblah there is NOT a Easter Bunny. I am sorry I have to be the one to break it to you sweetheart but there is not.

95. By dave g. on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

96. By dave g. on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Ladybug-I think you right. Its got “shakedown gold digger” written all over it. Speaking of shady chicks-Man I am so tired of hearing about M. TE’O & all that jazz. They need to talk amore about SF49ers!

NINERS!!!!!!!!!

97. By Kyle B on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

The website’s poll question on 1/19 didn’t have the correct answer available for selection… 1/20/2013 Niners W @ ATL 38 – 30

98. By mfkram64 on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

hey don’t u all agree blahblahblah is a gtreat name?

99. By tanglung on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

49ERS

100. By mfkram64 on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

the niners win s.b. it will be stained if kap is qb,,,WHAT? only in your mind,….hey r those 3 s.b’s patriots won stained cuz of brady not bledsoe? what a f’in idiot quote

101. By mfkram64 on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

how come blahblahblah u didn’t post when the niners beat the pats? u keep on hopping on the seattle game..it was one game coming after a great win against a great team in their house were they haven’t lost in dec. in 5 years…again u r a f’in idiot…

102. By mfkram64 on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

hey whats a morocinvilliann or was it mocvillian or the villiage people? wtf is blahblahblahering talking about? ya dave g. we should be worried about alex feelings…it soooo important his feelings aren’t hurt…by the way that’s sarcasm temper11…i love it dave g…these guys r well u fill in the blank…i don’t know how to put a line on my computer lol

103. By mfkram64 on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

u know what’s funny we r still talking about the qb…they r about to play in the champ. game and we have people who r still upset at the caoch;s move,,like kap has played bad or something…like they got here by luck…wtf….any other team or fans would die to be were we r right now..but for some it’s not good enough they need to complain…

104. By tanglung on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

GO 49ERS………..

105. By DYENNY on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

OPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP VJ[1ERVBO J’WENK;sx\

106. By DYENNY on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

WE GAVE AWAY LAST YEARS SUPERBOWL WITH ALEX AT QUARTERBACK! WE WILL BE FINEE IF WE DONT BYE INTO OUR OWN HYPE. WE HAVE TO CAPABLE Q-BS . SHOULDNT WE BE CELEBRATING THAT WE ARE BACK HERE 1 GAME AWAY . WE HAVE TO STOP TWO RECIEVERS AND A TIGHT END AND WE GO TO SUPERBOWL

107. By DYENNY on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

49ERS ALL THE WAY. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NINERS

108. By dave g. on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Mfkram64 you right…The Patriots are stained because of Brady in place of Bledsoe! HAHAHAHA! I don’t get what their deal is? We look great right now & some people are either motivated by the almight “I TOLD YOU SO” or I hesitate to say may be racist. I just don’t get the constant whining. None of the reasons make any sense. Harbaugh believes strongly in the guy & we been kicking @ss! Whats the F’in problem already? I like Alex & really felt KAP was unproven but since I seen what the guy can do, I know he gives us the best chance. Thats what its all about! You know KAP has worked hard to get where he is at. Why is it only Alex deserves? Its like they totally want to overlook what KAP is doing? I like Alex but what makes you think KAP is not a nice guy. Is it the tats or his skin color? Whats the F’in problem? Just root for the team and STFU with all the QB questions.

109. By dave g. on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

COLIN KAEPERNICK…YOU GOT MY FULL SUPPORT BRO! I AM PROUD TO CALL YOU THE QUARTERBACK OF THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS! I BELIEVE IN YOU AND JIM HARBAUGH!

NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

110. By dave g. on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

111. By phatalerror on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Does anyone in here (with a few exceptions) have a memory longer than three weeks? You might presume that given the references to Young’s succession of Montana, but the differences between the basis of Walsh’s decision and the basis of Harbaugh’s decision are numerous. Montana had aged, and had become injury prone. Young had played more than a full season before the final decision was made, and Montana wasn’t healthy enough to play for most of that period. Montana hadn’t been strung along by a badly managed team for a decade before having the rug pulled out from under him when he was finally going into a post-season with a legitimate offensive complement.

Alex Smith could accept this if he had been a quarterback playing with a legitimate offense coached by a Hall of Fame coach and had three Super Bowl appearances to his credit. Instead, he was treated as trash. There’s absolutely no way to deny the extent to which he was used so that a pet quarterback could ride to the Super Bowl on a half-season of performances.

112. By phatalerror on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

“WE GAVE AWAY LAST YEARS SUPERBOWL WITH ALEX AT QUARTERBACK!”

Yes, it happened exactly the way you put it: Alex Smith failed to field two punts in regulation, leading directly to Giants’ scores, the first sending the game to overtime, the second losing the game. It was all Alex Smith’s fault.

113. By dave g. on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

PHATABLAHBLAH-I FOR ONE NEVER EVER BLAMED ALEX FOR THAT LOSS AND MY HISTORY OF BLOGS CLEARLY SHOWS THAT! AND I NOTICED HOW YOU COMPLETELY IGNORED THE OTHER EXAMPLES OF REPLACING PAST PLAYERS. YOU SOO FULL OF SH!T.

114. By dave g. on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Phatablahblah says “He was treated as trash. There’s absolutely no way to deny the extent to which he was used so that a pet quarterback could ride to the Super Bowl on a half-season of performances.” HELLO: Harbaugh has revived Alex’s career! Do you remember when Troy Smith replaced him????? Is that further than 3 weeks for you dumb@ss? Do you know how much money he has made & how many teams will sign him now? I suppose a man like Freedie Solomon was completely different who made much less money.

And KAP is a pet? WTF? Wow…am I the only one seeing this?

115. By dave g. on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Phatablablah-you ignorant.

116. By dave g. on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS!

117. By highflight49ers on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

GO 49ERS OORAH! OORAH! OORAH!!!!!!!

118. By highflight49ers on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Harbaugh’s 49ers Battalion
    Seely’s Strike Force: Gold Fever Tony Montana Squad
    Fangio’s Marauders: Rough & Ready Claim Jumpers
    Roman’s Commandos: Argonauts
    GO NINERS OORAH!!!!!!!

119. By highflight49ers on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Forever Faithful Red & Gold!
    49ers OORAH!!!!!!!

120. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

well, its almost here, the nfc championship game,once again. its so great to be back in the playoffs,to be talking about super bowl victory’s,it doesnt seem that long agao when we as fans were talking about who we should move up and draft #1 overall, god, so many years picking in the top 10. ,,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,leave it all on the field,,give everything you got and more,,,GO,,,49ERS,,,GO,,,49ERS,,,GO,,,49ERS,,,GO,,,49ERS,,,GO,,,,49ERS,,,GO,,,49ERS,,,,GO,,,49ERS,,,,GO,,,,49ERS,,,GO,,,49ERS

121. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

leave it to phatalblahblahblah to try and somehow lessen the fact that the decision to trade montana wasnt as big as the switch kap,,,seriously?? that might have been the biggest decision ever made by a head coach,trading montana, his trying to say that the switch to kap is bigger is just a clear indication of his ignorance

122. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

my only point was that coaches have to make hard choices,sometimes they arent a very popular one, that was it,that was my point,but in order to somehow diminish what I said he launches into this big explanation missing my point all together,,,no big surprise there huh?,,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,

123. By tanglung on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

49ERS all the way for SUPERBOWL ring #6……….GO 49ERS, Take it all the way………

124. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

AND SINCE YOUR QUESTIONING ONES MEMORY ON THE SUBJECT A HEALTHY VERY READY TO PLAY MONTANA WAS STANDING ON THE SIDE LINE DURING THAT 92-93 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME LOSS TO THE COWBOYS KNOW-IT-ALL BLAHBLAHBLAH, AND NEXT YEAR HE WAS GONE,,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,

125. By tanglung on Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

I’ve got 49ERS FEVER

126. By mfkram64 on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

ya 49erdef. he played 3 more years in k.c and wasn’t to bad there.,,,,wtf is blahblahblah talking about,,,,u know what it’s time for the falcons…the key to me is getting to ryan …keep pressure on him all game he will throw picks… and for the niners protect the ball ….really love to see some production from the special teams today…lets get FIRED UP!!!!!! all good vibes and positve thinking….lets go bag us some falcons!!!!

127. By mfkram64 on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

one more thing blahblahblah was belichick a hall of fame coach when brady took over at qb for the pats? NO! again u r such a f’in idiot…he is now cuz he made the move to brady…duma$$…he was just a coach like harbaugh at the time…

128. By mfkram64 on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

alex didn’t fumble the two punts…here what u r saying but when we make a point kap didn/t miss those two fg’s against the rams u give us all this bullshi$ on how if he would have done this or that they never would have got to the fg’s…listen to what u say blahblahblah,,,o it;’s differant when it’s alex it was williams fault not alex maybe alex should have done this or that and it would have never would have got to those punts.. but when it’s kap well it’s kap’s fault he didn’t do this and that…u r a JOKE!

129. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

MAN THE COMMENT I WAS ABOUT TO POST WAS SO VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT AND IT DIDNT POST,,,IT SUCKS SOMETIMES ON THIS BLOG WHEN YOUR $HIT DONT POST

130. By tanglung on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

phatablahblah an 11yearswithoutabrain, Please don’t watch the 49ERS game today because when the 49ERS win, You two will say well, Aex would have done this or that and Kaepernick should have done this or that. Either way, You two are I D I O T’ S……….I’m just sayin…

131. By juneau24 on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

Montana is and always will be the very best of all time by my standards, kap takin arun at him. niners 45-3. ring 6

132. By tanglung on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

Aside from Vernon Davis having a huge game, Keep an eye on Bruce Miller. Huge game for Bruce as well. It’s the little things he does that will be HUGE. GO 49ERS

133. By mfkram64 on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

ok it’s time…things they need to do and like every game u can’t turnover the ball period…they need pressure from the front four and they need the o-line to dominate this game….niners have to shut ryan down and thaty will stop the long ball…niners 31-28 postitive vibes…

134. By dave g. on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

PHATABALABLAH-GREAT LEADERS MAKE DECISIONS FOR THE OVERALL TEAM. THEY DO NOT SCARIFICE EVERYONE ELSE TO MAKE ONE GUY FEEL WARM & FUZZY. WHAT YOU MAY SEE AS ONE GUY BEING TREATED LIKE GARBAGE (which is an emotional, weak & unlogical mindset), IS A COACH MAKING A LOGICAL WELL THOUGHT OUT DECISION. WHAT DO YOU THINK A LEADER WOULD BE DOING WITH THE OTHER 52 PLAYERS WHO HAVE SWEATED & BLED FOR THE TEAM? WE SHOULD NOT CARE? HOW DO YOU THINK THEY WOULD FEEL IF ONE GUYS FEELINGS TOOK PRECEDENCE OVER THE ULTIMATE GOAL OF THE ENTIRE TEAM & US FANS????? HE WOULD BE TREATING THE REST OF US LIKE GARBAGE TO MAKE ONE INDIVIDUAL HAPPY. DO YOU DEFINE THAT AS A GREAT LEADER? PHATABLAHBLAH HAS OBVIOUSLY NEVER BEEN IN A POSITION OF LEADERSHIP OR HE WOULD GET THAT CONCEPT! HARBAUGH-THANK YOU FOR BEING A GREAT LEADER-LEADERS DO NOT STRIVE TO MAKE EVRYONE HAPPY. THEY MAKE THE TOUGH DECISIONS THAT HELP THE OVERALL TEAM ACHIEVE ITS ULTIMATE GOAL!

NOW I AM ROOTING FOR MY NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!! RED AND GOLD FOREVER!

135. By 9erdog on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

take the dirty birds, as ‘I’ posted before DOWN …. !
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

136. By 9erdog on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

everybody here have one hell of a good time, on with the show and good health to you all … just saying !
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

137. By tanglung on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

49ERS will win BIG time………..I hope I don’t hurt my back from flying off my couch to many times.I’m just sayin. GO 49ERS………..IN THE 49ERS I TRUST………

138. By DYENNY on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

OK ITS TIME TO GO GET THE WIN. ALL THE TALKING IS OVER IT COMES DOWN TO THE FIELD SEE YALL AT HALFTIME

139. By Hermie on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

Atlanta is going to be concentrating so much on Kaep, that Frankie is going to have a big game!!!!!

140. By tanglung on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

49ERS get the ball to start the second half. Now get ready for some football 49ERS style. 49ERS defense will do enough to stop the dirty birds. IN 49ERS I TRUST……….GO 49ERS……. Time to open the BIG PLAY BOOK…..

141. By DYENNY on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

EVERYONE RELAX . WE WILL WIN THIS GAME . THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE UP AT HALF . HERE WE COME . GOOOOOOOOOOOO NINERS

142. By crabber59 on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

akers will cost the niners the game. 38yrd. att. and he bonks it off the uprights!!

143. By DYENNY on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

HEEEEEEY HOOOOOOOOOOOO WE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL/ I SAID HEEEEEEEEEEY HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL

144. By DYENNY on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

HEY HOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL

145. By DYENNY on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

EVERYONE RELAX LETS TALK ABOUT NUMBER 6 SUPERBOWL WIN IN OUR GRASP NOW

146. By tanglung on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

yipee ki yay

147. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

WE ARE GOING TO THE F,U,C,K,I,N,G SUPER BOWL,,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,,,

148. By DYENNY on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

IF YOU DIDNT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW . WE SPOTTED THEM 17 / MISSED A FIED GOAL / FUMBLED ON THE 1 YARD LINE / AND HEYYYYYYYYYYY HOOOOOOOOOOO WE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL

149. By 11yearswithalex on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

not to mention the blown call and blown replay of said call …that gave em 1st down on an obvious incomplete throw

150. By 11yearswithalex on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

wow great work there web dudes …how is it on a football site you can not say p@$$ ….worst ever thing i have ever saw …….

151. By tanglung on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

Just wanted to say, My backs ok. What a game. Not the blowout I was hoping for but I’ll take it. Can y’all say …….SUPERBOWL……

152. By Hermie on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

Unbelievable….when is the last time we have been down by 19pts and won the game…much less in the playoffs. This is why Kaep. was named the QB!!! Defense once again will need the rest… I knew the game would depend on Gore…and the staff finally used Vernon to the potential he gives the team!!

Who’s got it better than us???? Nooo…Body!!!!!!!!

153. By Hermie on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

To spot a team 17pts and come back in the Championship game…unbelieveable. Defense gave up a lot, but Offense after the 1st quarter kept us in it until getting the lead! Then they were not to be denied!!! Defense stepped up when needed!!

154. By ogre on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

CONGRATULATIONS 49ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done. To true; thought we were toast down 17pts. Must admit that if it was Alex I don’t believe the outcome would have been the same. Colin you da MAN. This entire team deserves this win. No doubt the shortest tenure for a starting qb and wind up going to the SB. Once again “Big Ups/congrats and well done SF 49ers”. Now it is time for #6. GO NINERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OORAH

155. By tanglung on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

I guess the probowl will be played without some really great 49ERS players. Boring. That’s ok, I don’t mind being bored next weekend. Like the 49ERS, I need some rest too. What a game. GO 49ERS.

156. By Hermie on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

Ohhh Ogress…you were one of the most vehement against Harbaugh and Kaep…Why the sudden change of heart??? You are one that had us losing because of the change!!!

157. By Hermie on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

I am sorry….Ogre

158. By DYENNY on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

ILL SAY THIS OGRE I NEVER THOUGHT WE WERE TOAST HONEST. AND 11YEARS YOU ARE RIGHT THAT WASNT A FIRST DOWN. I THINK WE HAD 3 CALLS GO OUR WAY ALL GAME ./ ALL THE HOLDING CALLS WASNT CALLED AGAINST ATLANTA . BUT WE STILL WON.

159. By DYENNY on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

GO BACK AND LOOK AT TANGLUNG AND MY COMMENTS AT HALF TIME AND YOU WILL SEE . EVERYONE THATS A 49ER FAN SHOULD KNOW WE WOULD FIX THE SECOND HALF. BUT EVERYONE DONT BE ARGUING TONIGHT LETS ALL SAY GOOOOOO 49ERS #6

160. By DYENNY on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

HERMIE YOU NAILED IT

161. By tanglung on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS……………

162. By dave g. on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

What was that Crabber59? Why don’t you get back on your Seachickens site and keep trying to be like us! The Seachickens have not done jack sh!t except just talk a lot! Quit hating and start congratulating! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

163. By dave g. on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

OGRE…YOU WERE THE ONE WHO CALLED HARBAUGH STUPID FOR MAKING THE CHANGE. Great way to be perceptive and supportive!

164. By dave g. on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

Its unbelievable how some people call themselves loyal fans and act like they know football. All tehy do is continue to prove they dont know sh!t and ironically they call out loyalty all the time about Alex but they not even loyal to their team and coaches.

165. By dave g. on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

OGRE YOU A JOKE!

166. By DYENNY on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

DAVEG WHO ARE U TALKING 2

167. By jamie on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

Akers is beyond horrible!!! Please cut him after the superbowl and leave him on the sidelines during the game. Go for it on 4th down if ur in fg range. They have a better chance of converting then sending that piece of sh#t onto the field.

168. By dave g. on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

I AM SOOOOO VERY PROUD OF MY NINERS & NEVER LOST FAITH IN HARBAUGHS DECISIONS ALL SEASON! To quote 49ersDefense2012 – “In Harbaugh We Trust”!

169. By dave g. on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

DYENNY-Do you have a guilty conscience? I don’t ever remember us addressing each other. Your handle does not sound familiar and I have no idea what stance you take. You apparently have never made an impression on me one way or another so the answer is: I was not talking to you BUT your response suggests you may have been one of those guys but I am not about to research your past stance cuz I really don’t care enough. Good luck with whatever stance you take.

LETS GET OUR 6th TROPHY!

170. By tanglung on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

Alex Smith was smiling on the side line when the 49ERS took the game from the Falcons. I think he’s a team player so why can’t you Alex/Kaepernick people do the same. Let’s GO 49ERS……..

171. By dave g. on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

I concur Tanglung. Alex is a good guy and a good QB. Just because KAP is great does not take that away from him. KAP has intangibles that very few QBs have. He is poised, can improvise when a play breaks down to make something big and has tremendous swagger. You can’t measure that in stats but you know it when you see it & thats what makes Harbaugh so great: He saw it before anyone else in the league did!

172. By Hermie on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

Absolutely tanglung….I noticed Alex on the sideline…Alex is a professional, I like alex for the man he is!!! I really didn’t expect Alex to act any other way.That being said…let’s go win our 6th SB!!! He has a lot of friends that he wants to see win it all. I know it is hard a h e l l t win one of these things!!!

173. By Hermie on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

Harbowl…Harbowl…Harbowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

174. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

I made post somewhere above that starts out with,,at the start of the 2011,,,in that post I laid out how I felt about alex,coach harbaugh’s decision to go with kap,and how faithful of a fan I am. to those who doubt me,re-read it, those who know where I stand, you know what I mean when I say,,,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,SF49ERS 2012,,,

175. By ace on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

ok ill join you guys in talking about how we thw fans know soooo much, SUPER HARBAUGH BOWL CALLED IT WAY BACK WHEN NINERS VS RAVENS WOOOOOOOT IM SAYING THE PATS LOOK DONE

176. By ace on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

wow the heavilly favored pats are getting smacked around by the ravens

177. By Hermie on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

Ace….They played the Ravens last year!! Am I missing something???

178. By ace on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

it looks like niners vs ravens i called that half way thru the season when alex was still qb lol……..super harbaugh bowl niners vs ravens woot

179. By ace on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

and since we are undeafeted in super bowls it most remain that way cuz it is the NINER way gooooooooo niners !!!!

180. By ace on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

imagaine the commercails the harbaugh familly sitting around the table arguing about who is gonna win when jim punches john and says whos got it better than us and his dad yells NOBODY !!!

181. By JParker on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

I didn’t think Kap was ready. Wow was I wrong. The kid is making some very good decisions and is showing the maturity of at least a four year QB. And that is in his play and also in the way he speaks. He is very serious about his job and has the heart of a lion. What is there not to like?

182. By tanglung on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

The San Francisco Forty Niners.

183. By dave g. on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

JParker-You right. Harbaugh has been seing this for a few years now when he decided to draft the kid in the 1st round. I honestly did not know what we were getting but I knew he was the future but when I started seeing things he was doing I started feeling really good & I am telling you…THIS KID IS SPECIAL and he is only scratching the surface. The Ravens will have a hard time knowing how to defend him. I like Alex & he is good but he is a bit more predictable in knowing how to defend. Kap drives a defense nuts because he can make something out of nothing with his improvising. Like I said before, Alex is very good but this is about KAP rising rapidly & his best is yet to come! If you don’t see it you freakin blind, in denial or just plain naive to football. I AM TELLING YOU…THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE in 2001.

184. By dave g. on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

I many he drafted him early in the 2nd round.

185. By dave g. on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

I meant he drafted him early in the 2nd round. Sorry I am a little distracted.

186. By dave g. on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

187. By tanglung on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

Kaepernick is a great pocket p a s s e r. The Ravens are not going to be able to cover everything Kaepernick can throw/run at them. GO 49ERS

188. By dave g. on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

Tanglung-TRUE DAT!

189. By Glen Jones on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

My congratulations to Coach Harbaugh! Thank you for bringing the team to the Super Bowl. I am a long time 49rs’ fan. My compliments to you!

Please lay off the back a bit, of Colin Kaepernick, a player who is new to the team.

I am a follower who still believes that stress creates more probability of injuries. The mind under pressure cannot control the body. Forcing it does not help. The result is that the body will tell the mind to back off, by creating an injury. Injuries are just the result of not listening to your body.

Let’s get behind our team, and not forget that Colin is a human person, who is new and be kind to him.

190. By dave g. on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

Glen Jones-You are right. You can tell that KAP really is a good kid and a stand up guy with character which makes him much more than just another physically gifted athlete. Don’t let the tats fool you. He was raised properly. Anyone who does not see that about him is not observant. Its only his 9th game and he has led us to the SB.

191. By dave g. on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

AND FOR THOSE HUNG UP ON STATS…TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE!

2012 TOTAL QBR Season

5 Matt Schaub HOU 62.0
    6 Russell Wilson SEA 60.4
    7 Tom Brady NE 58.7
    8 Peyton Manning DEN 58.1
    9 Robert Griffin III WSH 33.9
    10 Andrew Luck IND 27.2

JUST SAYING PHATABLAHBLAH & TEMPER11….HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

192. By dave g. on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

Oh how could I forget the guy named Lovethemdirtybirds above who made a comment above: Can you repeat that? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

QUEST FOR SIX!

193. By tanglung on Jan 20, 2013 | Reply

WOW. I’m on cloud 9.. GO 49ERS

194. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

HEY,WHERE IS PHATALBLAHBLAHBLAH????, I THOUGHT FOR SURE HE WOULD BE POSTING HOW ALEX SMITH COULD HAVE WON THE GAME

195. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

I GUESS ITS HARD FOR THE CLOWN TO SHOW HIS FACE AFTER ALL THE FILTH HE HAS POSTED UP TO THIS POINT

196. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

NO TEMPER11 EITHER,,,HMMM? NOT SURPRISING,,THOSE TWO CLOWNS WANTED ALEX TO BE THE QB SOOOO BAD THAT THEY WENT AS FAR AS TO SAY THEY WANTED THE 49ERS TO LOSE BECAUSE THEY FELT BAD FOR ALEX SMITH,,,TISK,TISK,TISK,,,,HOW DARE THEY CALL THEMSELVES,,,” FAITHFUL “,,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,AND PAYPAL, CUZ MY TICKET IS BOUGHT, SECTION 609 GARDEN TERRACE SUPERDOME, PICK UP TICKETS AT TNE STUBHUB TICKET CENTER RIGHT OUTSIDE THE SUPERDOME,,,,,LOVING IT RIGHT NOW,,,MOTEL 6 SERVICE ROAD I-10 NEW ORLEANS,,,,WHO’S GOT IT BETTER THAN US???,,,NOOOOO-BODY

197. By tanglung on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

Alex Smith was running out on the field full of excitement with HIS team mates. Alex is a TEAM player. Phatablahblah and others CAN’T or REFUSE see that…..

198. By 9erdog on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

myself I didn’t think that Kaepernick was ready for prime time,
    too young, too many mistakes, but he cover his tail and keeps on trucking’ I was wrong!
    That being said I did feel for Alex, he seemed to be an outsider in the locker room. he did do his share to get us there!

199. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

tell me,how did alex seem to be an outsider in the locker room?? do you have some exclusive insider in the locker rrom to tell you how alex feels?, stop, you must realize how stupid that was to say,,

200. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

alex smith was part of every team meeting qb meeting and everything else team oriented.,,he has been a consumate pro, yes he did his part to help us win enough games to get to the playoffs,,,BUT THE PLAYOFFS BELONG TO C-KAP.GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE..alex, in reference of playing time, did nothing to help us get to the super bowl…..

201. By 9erdog on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

as great as he may become? we still have the Super Bowl to win, one game at a time, still stands!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

202. By tanglung on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

SUPERBOWL bound 49ERS.

203. By av8nut on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

The only difference between the Falcons and a dollar bill is that you’ll get 4 quarters out of a dallar bill.

204. By DYENNY on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

HEY EVERYONE GLAD TOO SEE ALL US TRUE 49ER FANS THAT KEEP UP WITH ALL THE INFO ALL YEAR. AND WE GET TO CELEBRATE THE 49ERS GOING AFTER # 6 AND LIKE FRANK GORE SAID AND I QUOTE ( WE AINT DONE YET ! )

205. By DYENNY on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

HEY 49ERS DEFENSE YOU ARE RIGHT ALEX DID WIN SOME GAMES THIS YEAR

206. By DYENNY on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

HEY 49ERS DEF. MAYBE I TAKE BACK MY COMMENT ALEX DOES DESERVE CREDIT HERE AND IF IT WASNT 4 THE 6 AND 2 START AND HIGHEST RATING IN NFL WE WOULDNT BE HERE HE ALSO BEAT THE GOOD TEAMS

207. By DYENNY on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

I DO AGREE THAT KAP GIVES THE BEST CHNCE TO WIN BUT ITS GREAT TO HAVE 2 Q BACKS THAT CAN WIN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NINERS

208. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

UM,,MAYBE YOU SHOULDNT TAKE BACK ANYTHING,,,ALEX BEAT GOOD TEAMS? GREEN BAY, WEEK 1, I DONT THINK ANYONE PUTS TOO MUCH STOCK IN THE 1ST GAME OF THE SEASON, YOU DONT WIN OR LOSE THE PLAYOFFS IN WEEK ONE,,SEATTLE?? WELL, ALEX DIDNT PLAY VERY WELL THAT GAME BUT THE DEFENSE HELPED HIM OUT,,AND THAT IS IT FOR THE SO-CALLED GOOD TEAMS YOU SAY ALEX BEAT,,AND YES,,,ALEX DESERVES SOME CREDIT, FOR WINNING SOME GAMES TO HELP US GET TO THE PLAYOFFS,,,BUT THATS WHERE IT STOPS,,,ALEX DID NOTHING TO HELP US WIN IN THE PLAYOFS OTHER THAN BE A GOOD TEAM MATE ON THE SIDELINES AND ROOT HIS TEAM-MATES,,,STOP TRYING TO GIVE ALEX SO MUCH CREDIT,,,,YOUR F,U,C,K,I,N,G, STUPID,,,AND HALF THE $HIT YOU SAY DOESNT MAKE ANY F,U,C,K,I,N,G, SENSE ANY F,U,C,K,I,N,G, WAY,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,IM F,U,C,K,I,N,G TIRED OF SEEING THESE ALEX HUGGERS STILL TRYING TO SAY ALEX THIS AND ALEX THAT,,,,

209. By 9erdog on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

Alex won 6 games, lost 2 and shared 1/2 the tie! Good teams Bad teams makes no deferent, end of the season its wins and lose’s .. nough said. On the the Super Bowl!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

210. By 9erdog on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

On to the Super Bowl

211. By 9erdog on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

“QUEST FOR SIX!” I like that …….. very fitting!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

212. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

GEEZ, WE DONT YOU ALEX SMITH HUGGERS GO SUCK HIS C,O,C,K, ALREADY,,,ALEX DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO HELP US WIN ANYTHING SINCE THE BEARS GAME,,EXCEPT BE A GOOD CHEERLEADER ON THE SIDELINES,,,NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!! HE HASNT PLAYED A SNAP IN HOW LONG? YUET YOU GUYS WANT TO GIVE HIM CREDIT FOR THE SEASON WE HAVE HAD?? HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO HELP THE TEAM WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS AND YOU GUYS WANT TO GIVE HIM KUDOS?? FOR WHAT?? BEING A GOOD CHEERLEADER??,,,,,WHAT A JOKE,, YOU GUYS SHOULD GIVE IT A REST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

213. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

THATS IT,,,FROM C-KAP’S START OF THE BEARS GAME,,UP UNTILL NOW ALEX HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT A GOOD TEAM-MATE AND SIDELINE CHEERLEADER,,I GIVE HIM CREDIT FOR WHAT HE DID,,,GO BACK TO WHERE YOU FAKE A$$ FANS CAME FROM,,,

214. By 9erdog on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

you are one sick SOB and you should get help, but people that need it never see it that way, too bad because you really need it! maybe you are The Catfish?

215. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

AND YOU ARE ONE BIG F,U,C,K,I,N,G, LIAR,,YOU LIVE IN GREEN BAY, YOU SAID SO IN AUGUST, MORNING TAILGATE AUG 28TH,,,THEN YOU SAID YOU LIVE IN SEATTLE,,,MORNING TALIGATE AUG 30, THEN YOU TOLD MY WIFE NO LESS THAT YOU WERE BORN AND LIVE IN SF..THEN YOU SAID YOUR SON WAS BORN AT CHILDRENS HOSPITAL,,,AND THE NEXT WEEK HE WAS BORN AT FRENCH HOSPITAL,,,YOU A LIAR, NO, A PROVEN LIAR, A FAKE FAN,,WHO SAID AT THE SWITCH TO KAP THAT THE LOCKER ROOM WAS DIVIDED, LIKE YOU KNOW ANYTHING,,,YOU SAID THE PLAYOFFS WERE LOST,, YOU SAID THE DOOR SHOULD HIT GREG ROMAN IN THE A,S,S, ON HIS WAY OUT,,,YOU HAVE COMPLAINED LIKE A LITTLE GIRL ALL YEAR LONG AND THEN YOU WANT PEOPLE TO LISTEN TO YOU SAY YEAY GO NINERS,,LIKE YOU BELIEVED IN THEM AT ALL,,,NOT !!!!!YOUR AS FAKE AS THEY COME,,,WHATS WORSE IS YOU STILL JUST IGNORE THE FACT THAT YOUR A PROVEN FULL OF $H,I,T, IDIOT, AND YOUR LIKE THE KID WHO PEED HIS PANTS BUT WILL KEEP TELLING HIS MOMMY IS WATER MOMMY ITS WATER,,,,GO AWAY YOU WHINEY LITTLE B,I,T,C,H OF A HERMAN,,YOU KNOW A HER/MAN,,,HALF B,I,T,C,H HALF MAN,,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,EXCEPT YOU,,,YOU LITTLE B,I,T,C,H,,,,

216. By phatalerror on Jan 21, 2013 | Reply

For the fools who think that a 49ers win yesterday somehow proved the quarterback who played the game played better than the quarterback who wasn’t given the opportunity, I haven’t had time to deal with you because I’ve had bigger problems.

Since you’ve drawn your line in the sand long before now, I’m not going to waste my life on you waste of lifes.

Now I’ll get some rest before getting back to getting my computer working. If anyone reasonable wants to discuss this later, I can do so then.

217. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 22, 2013 | Reply

THANK GOD, DOES THAT MEAN YOU WILL BE GONE FOR GOOD THIS TIME YOU PHONY ??? HOPE YOU F,U,C,K,I,N,G ON YOUR HATER AIDE,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,

218. By phatalerror on Jan 22, 2013 | Reply

No, I’ll certainly be around. But for clarity’s sake, it only means that I will remind people once in a while that I don’t directly comment on anything you have to say.

I don’t deal with forum trolls. The policy has worked well for me in other forums, and I’m sure it will serve me well here too.

You have proved nothing. During the time I’ve made my case, you became hostile and offensive. What did I do to deserve that? Nothing. Therefore, you are nothing to me.

219. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 22, 2013 | Reply

TAKE YOUR POINTLESS ARGUMENTS TO THE NEXT TAILGATE BLOG AND OWN UP TO HOW WRONG YOUVE BEEN,,,WHAT,? CANT DO THAT? C-KAP HAS PROVEN YOU WRONG BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT. AND YET YOU STILL POST ON THIS BLOG,,,MOVE ON !!!! YOUR A PHONY AND FOR ALL YOUR STAT POSTINGS, YOU CANT PROVIDE ANYTHING CREDIBLE PERTAINING TO HOW WELL C-KAP HAS PLAYED SINCE BEING NAMED THE STARTER,,,,,

220. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 22, 2013 | Reply

YOU HAVE DESERVED EVERY BIT OF SCORN BAD-MOUTHING AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU DEEM INAPPROPIATE FOR TRYING TO FORCE FEED YOUR OPINION ON EVERYONE,FURTHERMORE, YOU HAVE TOLD MANY HOW WRONG THEY HAVE BEEN OR HOW RIDICULOUS THE THINGS THEY SAY ABOUT THE QB SITUATION IN S.F.. SOME HAVE ONLY SAID I THINK KAP IS THE BETTER QB,,THEY DID NOT ADDRESS YOU YET YOU FELT COMPELLED TO TELL THEM HOW WRONG THEY WERE,,,LETS SEE YOU ALWAYS STARTED OUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS,,,” I think kap gives us the best chance to win ” a to which you replied,,” SIGH ” IF YOU COULD ONLY SEE HOW WRONG YOU ARE.HERE ARE THE NUMBERS WHICH PROVE YOU WRONG,,,,,YOU HAVE SAID MANY TIMES THAT THIS IS A FORUM FOR SHARING THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS AND FOR US TO SAY THINGS ABOUT WHAT YOU POST AS OPINION YET YOU DONT SHARE THE SAME COURTESY TO OTHERS WHO RANDOMLY POST HERE AND ARENT AWARE OF YOUR SELF-IMPOSED NEED TO TELL EVERYONE HOW RIGHT YOU ARE AND HOW WRONG THEY ARE.,,,,YOUR,,,THE TROLL,,,YOU SCAN THE PAGES LOKING FOR THINGS TO JUMP ON AND SHOW HOW RIGHT ABOUT THINGS YOU THINK YOU ARE,,,GO AWAY KNOW-IT-ALL I HAVE PROVEN YOU WRONG WITH YOUR BUCKY BROOKS BREAK DOWN,,,AND I HAVE PROVEN YOU WRONG WITH YOUR QB COMPT. PRCT. PERTAINING TO KAP VS THE OTHER TOP STARTERS IN THE LEAGUE,,,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,

221. By dave g. on Jan 22, 2013 | Reply

Phatablahblah is such a pompous “know it all” who deserves all he gets. He may not use profanities but he talks down to people like he is superior in intellect & perceptiveness. Its extremely condescending and has a strong “I AM BETTER THAN THOU” feel to it. He will always have a comeback no matter ho wmuch of a reach just to try to distract you from the fact that he is not as smart as he thinks he is. He is the type who is pi$$ed off that “trolls” like us actually know more than him…not only in football but in the game of life, His “better than thou: mindset will never allow him to come to grips with that. So he will just brush us aside like we are below him. But it does not take away from the fact that he will never admit to his short comings.

222. By dave g. on Jan 22, 2013 | Reply

Bottom line Platablahblah-you were wrong about leadership & not being perceptive enough to see the intangibles BUT you will never admit it. Your ego will never allow it no matter how wrong you ever are. You a joke because it is becoming more and more obvious to everyone. You spent hours typing up novels when you thought you were right & spraying your “I KNOW IT ALL TONE” but now you act like you have better things to do with your time then to respond to us “trolls”. The same trolls that you devoted web research (copy and pasting) with long, long, long novels before. I wonder what changed? Whatever! We all know the truth! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

223. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 22, 2013 | Reply

F,U,C,K,I,N,G, WELL SAID DAVE G. MY POINT EXACTLY,,,I JUST DIDNT PUT IT AS ELEQUENTLY HAS YOU HAVE JUST DONE SO.

224. By DYENNY on Jan 22, 2013 | Reply

NICE LANGUAGE 49DEFENSE YOU ARE THE GUY WHO SHOULD REALIZE OUR DEFENSE WON THE GAME AGAINST ATLANTA. . YOU MUST BE THE GUY THAT PULLS FOR 3 TEAMS . TAKE THE 6 GAMES ALEX WON AND WE ARE NOT HERE AND I VE SAID KAP GIVES US THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN AND IT WAS A GREAT SWITCH BY HARBOUGH

225. By DYENNY on Jan 22, 2013 | Reply

IVE BEEN ON THIS SITE 4 YEARS WITH ALOT OF OTHER NAMES THAT HAVE BEEN HERE WITH ME . BUT I CANT UNDERSTAND HOW SOME FAKE 49ER FANS CAN TURN THIS GOOD THING INTO SOMETHING BAD BY ARGUING.LOL HANG AROUND WITH THE REAL NINER FANS THAT HAS BEEN HERE ON THIS SITE FOR A WHILE AND YOU CAN LEARN HOW TO HAVE ONLY ONE TEAM AND LEARN THE HISTORY OF THE 49ERS.

226. By DYENNY on Jan 22, 2013 | Reply

WONT RESPOND TO ANY MORE BAD COMMENTS .

227. By dave g. on Jan 22, 2013 | Reply

Thanks 49erdefense2012! We both know who have been the REAL fans and have stuck by JH through everything! Every decision he has made has brought us to where we are today. How can anyone, I mean anyone have something to complain about at this point? The ONLY reason they do is because it did not happen the WAY that they said it would or because of some bias they feel. Us winning the SB is the #1 goal and now that we are in a position to reach that they are still b!tchin…its becoming more and more obvious why! It comes down to ITS ALL ABOUT THEM!

228. By DYENNY on Jan 22, 2013 | Reply

9ER DOG AT LEAST YOU GET IT . 49ER DEFAKER NEEDS TO BE IGNORED AFTER THESE CRAZY SELF CONTRADICTING COMMENTS . NOT TO MENTION THE LANGUAGE . JUST POOF GO AWAY WITH THAT NO KNOWLEDGE BAD LANGUAGE STUUF POOF YOU ARE GONE ON MY SITE ALREADY

229. By DYENNY on Jan 22, 2013 | Reply

DAVE G YOU ARE RIGHT THE SUPERBOWL IS WHAT THIS IS ABOUT. WE HAVE SO FAR BEEN 5 TIMES AND WON FIVE TIMES . 6 IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF US AND BALTIMORE IS NOT BUILT FOR THIS 49ER TEAM. ON EITHER SIDE

230. By DYENNY on Jan 22, 2013 | Reply

HEY GUYS AND GIRLS DONT YOU THINK THAT ITS TIME TO GO GRAB BILLY CUNDIFF AGAIN. I KNOW AKERS HAS BEEN WITH US AND DID GOOD BUT DAM. SUPERBOWL FIELD GOALS ARE BIG . WELL ANY POINTS ARE BIG.

231. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 23, 2013 | Reply

cundiff

232. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 23, 2013 | Reply

what an idiot

233. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 23, 2013 | Reply

cundiff cant be signed untill after the super bowl,,,by anybody

234. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 23, 2013 | Reply