Morning Tailgate: Jan. 10

Posted by Taylor Price on January 10, 2013 – 10:32 AM

Have no fear 49ers Faithful, it’s almost here. Yes, playoff football is right around the corner. But before the Green Bay Packers come into town for a Saturday night Divisional Playoff clash, there’s still plenty of telling statistics to comb over prior to kick-off.

Good thing Evan Silva of Rotoworld.com uncovers those interesting details as well as anyone around. In his recent matchup column, Silva shared plenty of valuable notes on the 49ers opening playoff matchup.

Here are just a few of the many interesting items from Silva’s writeup:

-Aaron Rodgers has completed 102 of his last 149 passes (68.5 percent) for 1,310 yards (8.79 yards per attempt), with 11 touchdown passes and no interceptions.

-Rodgers hasn’t been intercepted in 177 throws.

-When the teams met in Week 1, Rodgers completed all nine of his passes targeted to Randall Cobb for 77 yards.

-Greg Jennings, not Cobb, has been Green Bay’s most productive receiver as of late. Jennings led the Packers in receptions (19), receiving yards (226), and touchdowns (3), over the past three weeks.

-Colin Kaepernick had possibly his best start in San Francisco’s Week 17 win over Arizona. Kaepernick completed a career-high 276 yards on 28 attempts against Arizona’s top-five pass defense. Kaepernick averaged 9.9 yards per attempt without a turnover.

-Most importantly of all, Silva predicted a 34-30 victory for the 49ers.

ESPN.com’s Elizabeth Merrill profiled 49ers sack-leader Aldon Smith and his impressive 2012 season.

Jerry McDonald of the Bay Area News Group caught up with Justin Smith’s father for this must-read piece on San Francisco’s Pro Bowl defensive tackle.

Jeff Faraudo of the San Jose Mercury News profiled Pro Bowl free safety Dashon Goldson, who is much more than a physical force on the field.

Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com continues his key matchup series with a look at Joe Staley’s task of blocking Clay Matthews in a battle of Pro Bowl performers.

Cam Inman of the San Jose Mercury News offers updates on Justin Smith and Saturday night’s weather.

Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee checked in with Billy Cundiff, who is hopeful about making his Candlestick debut.

Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle examined Green Bay’s rejuvenated running game led by DuJuan Harris.

CSN Bay Area’s Mindi Bach recently visited Kaepernick’s hometown of Turlock, Calif.

49ers.com caught up with a determined Michael Crabtree, plus shared Frank Gore’s comments on Randy Moss and detailed Goldson’s thoughts on the matchup with Green Bay.

TV49’S CLIP OF THE DAY

#QuestforFreeTickets.

Tags: , , , , , , ,
Posted in Morning Tailgate | 143 Comments »

143 Responses to “Morning Tailgate: Jan. 10”

1. By Hermie on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

Temper…Phatal…Ogre…which one of you is the real JR BACA FROM NEW MEXICO??? I know you didn’t just up and leave and I know Alex was always your man!! Miss your rants under that pen name!!

Defense…lets get ready to rumble…we are going to need you! No matter what the NFL tries to do…Defense Wins Championships!!! No Brag, Just Fact!!

2. By Randy K. on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

Will Fangio line Justin up on the left side to allow his injured left arm less work upfield? Also, I might also try a 4 defensive down lineman alignment with Aldon roving on either side of RJF and Tukuafu along side Ray and Issac on running downs if Justin can’t play effectively. What say ya all?

3. By bow53 on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

its almost here, big game sunday night…………”NINERS BABY!!!!!!!!

4. By bow53 on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

I MEAN SATURDAY NIGHT… MY BAD…..

5. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

I would say very perceptive of you randy k, fangio was doing that very thing against the patriots towards the end of the game and he showed it a bit more against arizona i the regular season finale’

6. By temper11 on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

Not I Hermie. My pen name has always been Temper of some sort… although 49ersdefence tells me that isn’t so. I can’t remember what it was before the switch, but I do remember Jr. Baca.

7. By tanglung on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

I’m ready for some football. Two weeks is a long time. I hope the 49ers are rested/healthier and ready to kick the Packers on their back sides.
    I’ve got 49ERS FEVER…….Quest for SIX ******

8. By temper11 on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

Would love to send the Packers home for the season… That would be a nice long, lonely, quiet flight back to the cold of Green Bay.

9. By Hermie on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

Was just funnin above!! I have a good friend that is a Packers fan…we will not be watching the game together! Our defense is going to have to come to play. I feel the week off definitely benefits the 9ers as you could see the defense was looking more tired the last 6 quarters of the regular season. May be due to the 9ers not substituting much on defense. I am sure Green Bay will be running some type of hurry-up offense as it seemed effective against the 9ers, especially in the NE game when they went to it in the 2nd half..

10. By 9erdog on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

Yeah: they can have the Tundra, we have Da-stick and thats a biggie for us! Even the thought of bouncing on that field, hurts!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

11. By Jay HO on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

Does anyone know what the Pre-game tailgate area is like at the Stick? Good for pre-game / viewing of the Denver / Ravens game, and good food and drink?

12. By Jay HO on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

I mean the Tailgate area “inside the Gate” at the Stick. Cool place to hang out and get fired up?

13. By bow53 on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

this good getting all the faiithful fired-up for saturday nights fiascco…g-ro open up the playbook here, hit the cheese heads w/

14. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

@ jay ho, its alright, but once you go in you cant go back out, candlestick has a no ins and outs policy since that game when the raiders fan got shot, its called faithful city and is right inside gate a or the gate at the watch tower

15. By bow53 on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

geee 49erdefense2012 , i can tell u gunna miss the stick when we move out of there in year or so…..and u know what ‘ same here…….

16. By hott doggy dogg on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

To the 49er’s org.,coaches, team and 49er’s fan all over the world, we 49er’s fans down in the southeast part of the U.S(down in Georgia) is locked, loaded and ready to get our gameface on for Saturday night in the stick. We with you all my brothers and sisters spiritually and cheeringly although we can’t be with you all physically. We 49er’s down in the Dirty South like to tell our opponents
    “WELCOME TO A _ _ CATRAZ!!! WE KICK YOUR A _ _ WHEN COME INTO OUR STADIUM!!!! YEAAAAAH BOYEEEEEE. LETS GO NINERS BOOM, BOOM, BOOM BOOM BOOM LETS GO NINERS

17. By temper11 on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

Breaking News… Akers is kicking on Saturday.

18. By temper11 on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

Wouldn’t have it any other way personally. I’m a loyal SOB! :)

19. By dave g. on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

THANK YOU BILL WALSH!

20. By dave g. on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

I was never crazy about Cundiff anyway. I want you to succeed David! We all know you got the game….JUST DO WHAT YOU DO AND ALL THE REST WILL BE FORGOTTON.

21. By bow53 on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

so, akers it is……hopefully he gets his head together… cuz’ the spread is niners by 3….

22. By 11yearswithalex on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

need to design the offense around the QB now that alex is gone we can move way forward with the offense and really tak eit to em …seattle will be on our heels the whole way as well as the rams are comeing together as well going to be tough from here on out in our divison

23. By 9erdog on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

POOF ………….. what a drag!

24. By drain surgeon on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

good to hear akers had a good couple weeks of practice. the packs kicker has had trouble as well . niners need to run the ball and take there play action shots down the field . in justin we trust !! lets go niners

25. By jamie on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

OK offense…..inside the 40 it should be 4 down territory all game long. No confidence in Akers. Sorry. Cant let him leave points on the field like he has been all season or worse….blocked kick returned for TD.

26. By Hermie on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

I think the offense will have several new wrinkles with more option plays. I am really surprised I haven’t heard Romans (or Fangio’s) name thrown around more for a head coaching position…not that I am complaining. I would love to have the continuity for another year or two!!

27. By ace on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

11years
    “need to design the offense around the QB now that alex is gone we can move way forward with the offense and really tak eit to em”
    really ? no just shhh you have no concept of football, ur talking like al davis on crack, stupid raiders fan, go tell frank gore you want design the offense around a qb ? i shouldnt even be responding to something so stupid.sorry ,
    soooooooo niners fans this is it baby, join me and SCREAM AT THE TOP OF UR LUNGS, BEAT THE PACK, BEAT THE PACK, GOOOOOOO NINERS !!!!

28. By ace on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

11 years with no brain notice what drain said “niners need to run the ball and take there play action shots down the field” he’s talking about winning a football game,go google how to win a football game since uve never seen a real one or understood what u were watching

29. By phatalerror on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

From an article on nfl.com:

Divisional round: Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers, by Bucky Brooks

“Did you know? … Kaepernick has the third-best [thrower] rating (99.9) among qualified quarterbacks since becoming the Niners’ starter in Week 11, behind Rodgers (108) and Peyton Manning (105.8).”

According to official NFL Statistics, these are the actual [thrower] ratings of the two 49ers quarterbacks:

Alex Smith: 104.1
    Colin Kaepernick: 98.3

Both ratings were unqualified, as neither player reached the required 224 [throwing] attempts. As a result, Smith was excluded from Brooks’ summary, but somehow, numerous other qualified quarterbacks were eliminated from that list as well. Since the comparison involved a quarterback with an unqualified rating, it would have been more accurate to drop the “since” qualifier in Brooks’ statement and just write:

‘Did you know? … Kaepernick has the eighth-best [thrower] rating (98.3) among starting quarterbacks since becoming the Niners’ starter in Week 11, behind Rodgers (108), Peyton Manning (105.8), Alex Smith (104.1), Robert Griffin III (102.4), Russell Wilson (100), Matt Ryan (99.1), and Tom Brady (98.7).’

I’m not sure how an NFL analyst misses such basic figures in his research.

30. By ace on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

a good p a s s i n g game revolves around timing, when you practice timing you get good at it, unless you have superman wr’s ull need good timing,and i love crabbtree has made some great plays and signifcant stides to his game mario is pretty awesome hope he sticks around,come moss now is the time for some action plz
    \

31. By ace on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

lol phatalerror, you would be be suited to write that articule, wait lemme guess you already are a writer ?

32. By dave g. on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

Phatalerror: Tony Romo + Phillip Rivers = ZERO TITLES. Joe Montana = 4 TITLES. I believe you have missed some very important fugures in your research.

33. By dave g. on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

Guess what the two guys above with zero titles have as a career NFL quarterback rating compared to the guy with 4 titles? I’m not sure how an NFL analyst misses such basic figures in his research. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Have fun looking that up bro!

34. By dave g. on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

BTW: Chad Pennington & Daunte Culpepper are ahead of Dan Marino on these basic figures too. Ouch…thats gotta be a kick to your pompous ego with all your copy and pasted time you took! I slapped another b!tch. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

35. By dave g. on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

BTW: Chad Pennington is #13 and Troy Aikman is #47 on the career NFL quarterback rating all-time list. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You got blown the F up you pompous lil whiner. “I’m not sure how an NFL analyst misses such basic figures in his research.”

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

36. By phatalerror on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

When did I bring up Tony Romo or Philip Rivers? Or Chad Pennington or Daunte Culpepper? You do realize that the Straw Man Argument doesn’t actually prove anything except that you can’t argue the matter at hand, right?

You’re a tough guy setting up these straw men and beating them up, but be warned: Much scientific research has been done on Catharsis, and its supposed benefits are highly questionable. Some research suggests that it is actually damaging to oneself.

And you must have also missed: The seven teams to which those eight quarterbacks I listed belong were all in the playoffs this year. No starting quarterback helped his team to get a playoff bye unless he had a better [thrower] rating than Colin Kaepernick.

[This space is reserved for your mind to fill in whatever supposed gloating you think I engage in every time I prove you to be a media pawn, ignorant of the facts, and unable to comprehend clearly written English in a forum dedicated to the publication of personal opinions.]

37. By dave g. on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

I brought up those guys to prove to you all these stats you pulling do not mean as much as you want us to believe they mean. I could also tell you how the top scoring defenses in the league take dominate the playoffs this year BUT at the end of the day, its the intangibles of how a team matches up and prepares against another. I know you want to believe that you have more insight than us BUT anyone one of us can copy and paste stats from numerous webstes with a simple keyword search from numerous search engines & quote numerous “football experts” to try to build a case for any argument. At the end of the day you are only attempted to fill like you are somebody on the blogs when you are just another blogger who does an insane amount of copy and pasting in his obsessive pursuit to feel superior ; )

38. By dave g. on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

And yes, I am a tough guy with many other attributes & I do not feel a need to flex them. I am just exposing you for the pompous snob that you are who thinks he is somehow more insightful then the rest of us. NEWSFLASH: NO YOU NOT!

39. By ogre on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Well~ looks like dodgeball again. You win Davey: you are the loudest! Congrats

40. By gary potter on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

we win if OL protects

41. By mfkram64 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

really? more useless stats from blahblahblah…..what is your point? really? nono really? alex should start sat.? or alex should have played the last 7 games? u should be in vegas baby i mean blahblahblah…cuz u know all the answers…go lay down 10,0000 on the packers cuz u’r saying kap. just isn’t the guy…come out and say it u can tell the future with all your stats….by the way what would have alex stats been if he played the last 7 games? com on tell me….i know what they were ZERO CUZ HE DIDN’T PLAY! it’s the HERE AND NOW! u r and always will be a F’IN MONDAY MORNING QB PERIOD….u just keep being a BUZZKILLINTON!!!!!!! for the rest of u who r getting ready to SUPPORT OUR TEAM! LET’S GET FIRED UP! PHATALABLAHBLAHBLAH GO FUC$ YOURSELF! how r those stats!!!

42. By phatalerror on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

If you do not understand how statistics can be used in this manner, perhaps you might consider educating yourself on the subject. Your comprehension of the matter is woefully lacking. But until I say that ‘Chad Pennington was elite; just look at his [thrower] rating’, you would do best to your own credibility not to attribute such a belief to me.

43. By phatalerror on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

It’s amazing that whereas I merely post facts and the conclusions suggested by that data, a certain three users here resort to sarcasm, deceit, maligning, and profanity.

Which one between they and myself have actually made a legitimate argument on the topic?

Here it comes…

I’m just saying.

44. By mfkram64 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

listen we all understand stats…they r not do all end all…..u can’t except alex isn’t playing…try to understand THAT! move on….u r not a true fan PERIOD! your arugument is alex should be playing…stats stas stats…..BUT HE”S NOT! PERIOD! if u r a REAL NINER FAN U PUT IT ASIDE AND CHEER YOUR TEAM ON!

45. By phatalerror on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Who are you to tell me I can’t root for the 49ers if I don’t support the coach’s switch from Alex Smith?

Tell me, Is it wrong for a “real fan” to boo his team’s player when the player performs grossly inadequately?

46. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Morning all… Ready for another day on the playground? For the life of me, I honestly do not understand the anger directed at phatal. Do you guys even read his posts? There’s nothing in them that should make you upset, let alone foaming at the mouth like a pack of rabid dogs. His post pointed out either a gross misrepresentation or a blatant lie from a main-stream media journalist. Thats it. I thought it was interesting and telling. Again, if you don’t like his posts, just skip them. I like his posts. I think they are more interesting than the typical “hey, we need to score a 1000 points and kaepernick needs to throw for 6 touchdowns and run for 3 more. Woooot!” But, some folks like those kings of posts as well. Stop trying to silence someone who is obviously a fan (why would anyone who is not a fan spend time looking into 49er story lines? Just settle down.

47. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

And… btw… I think it is wrong to boo a player if they perform grossly inadequate. The only time I’d boo a player was if he wasn’t giving 100% effort on the field. If he is giving 100% and playing badly. I can excuse that and would expect at some point for the coach to make a switch. But if he is phoning it in, that to me is unacceptable.

48. By bow53 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

mfkram64 is right we have a big game coming, we should be posting for our fan to be fired up for the game at least support whats coming then debate on ur dillema…..

49. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

by “phoning it in” I mean “half-a$$ing” it. Jogging… taking plays “off” while still on the field, etc. etc. I’d also boo a player if he became a locker room problem. Like Owens became and Neon Deon Sanders. I don’t like cancers in the locker room messing up team chemistry.

50. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

agreed bow53. Just don’t see how Phatal’s posts are counter to getting fans fired up. They aren’t “ra ra” for sure… but they aren’t negative. There’s nothing negative in his posts at all, until he gets absolutely beat to death by a few other blog bullies.

51. By tanglung on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

phatalerror aka: blahblahblah and 11years aka: i wish i had a brain. Just go away now. Anything you two say is the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Do you two get the picture. PROBABLY NOT. Enjoy what the 49ers. have done and will do come saturday night. I/We don’t want to hear your crying any more. STOOOOOOOOP!!!!!

52. By 9erdog on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Its not hard to see whats negative on this blog! agree with me or … I’ll smite you, eh? LOL

53. By tanglung on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

It looks like coach has picked Akers to kick. In HARBAUGH WE TRUST.

54. By 9erdog on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

still depending too much on FG’s, I thought Kaepernick was the answer to that? IMHO
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

55. By mfkram64 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

the thing phatalblahblah wants is to say he is right…..alex numbers r better..gores,wr’s blahblahblah…ok u r right the numbers don’t lie..u r right alex should be playing…everyone else numbers were better when he played..i agree with u blahblah..u r right alex should be playing sat…..so me being a niner fan what do i do? alex should be playing..what don’t watch game? don’t root for my team? stay upset that alex isn’t playing? mad at harbaugh? what o saemie of numbers tell me? reality is i’m a fan and well my guy isn’t playing i STILL HAVE TO ROOT FOR MY TEAM! so be it a guy called colin kaepernick is qb sat…i REPEAT WILL ROOT FOR MY TEAM AND NOT SAY WELL IF ALEX PLAYED BLAHBLAHBLAH…..I AM DONE WITH U! every time u post i”ll say u r right….

56. By mfkram64 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

hey blahblahblah U R RIGHT……

57. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

tanglung… I do want to hear what Phatal has to say. And, if you read his posts, they are never the same thing over and over again. In fact, the only crying I hear are all of you people whining and crying for him to stop posting. If you don’t like what he has to say, skip over it. I like his posts.

58. By mfkram64 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

I AGREE HIS NUMBERS R BETTER! U R RIGHT AGAIN! thank u for that insight on the stats of the team with alex!!!

59. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

good lord mfkram64, do you even know what the purpose of a blog is? You are SUPPOSED to provide your opinion.

60. By mfkram64 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

temper11 please u come to the table with little…his agrument or aka post r all bout alex…period…then he adds some words and than says” just sayin”…read his post after all the stats i’m dizzy! it’s simple he loves alex and is hurt he isn’t playing well booo f’in whoooo…it’s called reality…they have won with kap. and r a second seed hosting a playoff game tomorrow….that’s what’s important…i guess harbaugh and the rest of the coach’s aren’t as smart as phatalblahblah…

61. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

You seem to think that blogs exist for people to simply regurgitate the same opinions of the loudest, most obnoxious blogger. And there are 3 or 4 of you all battling for that title.

62. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

so what… It’s his opinion and he’s freakin entitled to it. What do you care? Why do you spend so much of your time and effort trying to shout him down. If he wants to hold a candle for Alex… what is it to you. Just ignore him if you don’t like it. YOU ARENT’ KING OF THE FREAKING BOARD!

63. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

You guys complain that all Phatal wants to talk about is Alex. Well, I’m tired of always talking about Phatal. All you guys do is talk about Phatal… Good lord. Move on yourself! I thought an interesting topic might be to hear people’s opinion on when they think it’s appropriate to boo a player. Everyone has different thoughts on that.

64. By 9erdog on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

the key to this game is Justin Smith. If he’s not playing well Aldon may be a none factor? I wouldn’t worry about Akers, I’m
    more concern about Justin, he ties up 2 offense linemen given Aldon room to hunt down QB’s!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!
    I’m sticking with my game plan, run it right up the gut!

65. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Agreed 9erdog. I think Justin’s ability to play at a high level is probably the biggest key in this game. That on the defensive side of the ball anyway. We keep talking about Kap and Gore… but the biggest key on the offensive side of the ball, IN MY OPINION, is Staley’s ability to handle Clay Matthews. Staley needs to have a huge game tomorrow.

66. By tanglung on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

TEMPER TEMPER, temper11. If you read blahblahblah’s post, they do say the same thing over and over and over again. ALWAYS WHO HE THINKS SHOULD QB THE 49ERS. I like Alex, but it’s Kaep. Just go with it. :-}

67. By 9erdog on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

RIGHT! if they just read ‘phatalerror’ posts and then moved on, or discussed what he has to say, maybe we could all learn something? But No, some here are so insecure that thoughts outside of their own, causes them to go keyboard postal and try to shut down anyone they don’t agree with. Nasty people!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

68. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

tanglung, he provides evidence to refute statements that are made either in the media or on this board. Most of the time it’s in reference to Alex, because there are so many things said that data shows is not true. “AKA, the offense is more efficient with Kap under center”, “running lanes open up because of Kap ability to stretch the field”, etc. etc, etc. Phatal hears these comments, disagrees with them and provides evidence to refute them. And he does it in a very rational and respectful way. Simply lays down factual information. If people are allowed to make those statements, which they are certainly free to do so, why is Phatal not allowed to refute them as he sees fit?

69. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

if you disagree with Phatal’s interpretation of the data, then by all means, please tell us why. Doesn’t have to be statistical as is Phatal’s want, but it should be respectful and coherent. That kind of a “transaction” between two opposing view points is what blogs are supposed to be for. People on this board however use the blog as a means to release pent up aggression and frustration.

70. By 49ersdefense2012 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

tell me something temper, if he is entitled to his opinon, phatal that is, why is it that when someone posts something like , oh I dont know say, I hope gore rushes for 125 yrds and a td on saturady, now, while this simple hope of a fan is directed to no one in particular, whay does phatal feel the need to trample on it with a bunch of numbers that have been thrown together to create an avg.? I mean, the post wasnt directed at him, it didnt say hey phatalerror I hope gore rushes for 125 yrds and td on sat. my point is, he does that very thing ANY TIME ANYONE posts something with numbers attatched to it. that is just one example and going back and looking at previous blogs he has done it quite frequently, now tell me, honestly, you have some form of intelligence, that goes beyond ” just sharing his opinion. you say blog bully, well, how is phatalerror different than anyone else? what? its his job to tell everyone how wrong they are for hoping that a certain player does well? if you cannont see what I am trying to say than you are as blind as they come, or the two of you are the same person. in truth, the verbal attacks on phatal really didnt start untill he started really pouring it on,. seriously? the guy goes WAY OUT OF HIS WAY.

71. By dave g. on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Phatablahblah you say:

“By the way, I am not plagiarizing these stats from other websites. The source data is from nfl.com, and I process the stats in any manner I wish to. Just so you know.”

Sounds like plagiarism to me disguised as your own but I don’t remember saying those words so someone has a guilty conscience. LOL

72. By dave g. on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

And Phatablahblah, continuing with your pattern of being full of feces now you saying: “The outright dismissal of statistics as irrelevant on your part flies in the face of what some NFL franchises are doing right now. Analytics are being increasingly utilized as a significant part of the scouting process, and even so-called “old-school coaches” are learning how to use this valuable tool.”

Did I dismiss it completely? If you search up on my blogs my exact quote was “I brought up those guys to prove to you all these stats you pulling do not mean as much as you want us to believe they mean.” OOOOh yeah, I forgot you are not plagerizing but simply copying and pasting and changing around some to win an argument! You Bush League bro. HA!

73. By bow53 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

i believe the defense on both side is gunna dictate the outcome of the game here..its gonna be a low scoring game , but one thing for sure 49ers defense is not gonna lit up here u guys r right the cowboy (j. smith) presents in the game is gunna intemidate the offensive side of the opposing team, hoping the corners would step up , shut down wide outs fr. thepackers , staley will hold clay on the side the guy is not back to 100% yet.. i wanna see BURNIN DAVIS STEP UP HERE AS WELL AS RANDY MOSSSSSSSSSSSS…..crab will hold his own,then i can say will be alright……..i agree 9erdog UP THE GUT FOR F. GORE……

74. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

49ersdefense2012… I think he’s a numbers guy. You ever see Moneyball? He’s basically like brad’s pitts fat counterpart. Doesn’t mean that he doesn’t hope that Gore rushes for 125 yards, just means that statistically speaking, it’s not likely. That doesn’t threaten me as a fan. I still hope gore rushes for 125 yards or more. I hope that Aldon racks up 6 sacks tomorrow behind a resurgent Justin Smith. Phatal will probably reply that 6 sacks is not statistically probable. He’ll then probably tell me that stats on the number of sacks the Pack has allowed. All good information. All interesting to me as I’m interested in the freaking game! Stats are some kind of bad juju that if you say them out loud they are bound to repeat themselves… it just a piece of information. You can be harmed by it if you want to be, and clearly you are being harmed by it… but that’s on you… not on Phatal.

75. By dave g. on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

So Phatablahblah by your logic you would rather start Tony Romo or Phillip Rivers over Joe Montana in their prime and not factor other things besides those specific stats? Would you take Chad Pennington over Dan Marino? There are many stats we can pick and chose from but at the end of the day we want winners! A guy could have every stat in the world but does he choke in the big games kinda like you? : )

76. By 9erdog on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

tangling: Come on man give it a rest.
    yep, Clay Matthews, mans a beast someone should hold him and cut his locks, LOL! Again isn’t that one of the reasons for going to Kaep, his mobility? Interestingly we change QB’s but still we seem to have the same problems, I still don’t get it?
    Staley will more then likely need help to keep Matthews out, and even at that he will get in, just because he’s that good! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

77. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

agree bow53… I think a low scoring game is to our advantage. If we can keep Rodgers off the field as long as possible with long sustained drives, so much the better.

78. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

just as I thought temper, you glossed right over probably the best post about how phatal comes off. the two of you are the same

79. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

all you did temper in response to my post was tell me how harmed I am by him? where do you come up with that? your refusal to even acknowledge the points I made in my post show just how much you arent in tune with whats going on. you mean to tell me you cant see what Im talking about? seriously, you guys must be one in the same.

80. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

you guys hate me as much as you hate Phatal… why would I bother with two names? 49ersdefense2012, I don’t agree that Phatal comes off the way that you and others say he does. He doesn’t come off that way to me. It doesn’t appear that he comes off that way to 9erdog either, although please don’t let me put words in your mouth 9erdog. And others. It’s the same 3 or 4 people who bash him over and over again. becuase he comes off that way to you doesn’t mean he comes off that way to everyone. You are the ones using offensive language, you are the ones trying to silence those you don’t agree with. You (49ers defense, mkfram, daveg) are the bully’s of the blog. I’m sure your comments, not Phatal’s have turned more people off this blog than anyone else’s. Who would want to post when they are just subjecting themselves to your vehemence?

81. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

temper, I suggest you go back and look at the postings from say mid december on up untill now. it is quite clear to see, all you have to do is look. and really, I would also recommend witholding further judgement untill you have done so. I think that since you personally dont care for myself and others that it prevents you from seeing things objectively. now im not trying to change your mind how you feel about myself or others I really dont care, but to not at least try and see the overall argument and only take phatals side of any issue or argument leaves you looking a bit , well, ,, I think you see where im coming from and I will it up to you to decide for yourself. look at things from a neutral party not because you thinks wrong for everyone to be ganging up on phatal as its been put. in the words of temper 11, if you dont like whats being posted, dont respond to it, I whole-heartedly and respectfully ask you to practice what you preach,otherwise you come off just like those you would talk against,, ‘just sayin’

82. By 9erdog on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

well one thing for sure, both of these teams have their work cut out for them. And yeah bow53 I forgot all about the Crab`man he will be a big factor ….

83. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

One of you called me a f a g g o t, claimed I had no wife and children and was probably a virgin, claimed I suck on Alex’s rod, etc etc. What’s not to like? You guys are the best. I can see why SF prides itself so much on their fans. I don’t want to go back… maybe Phatal was different back then… I don’t know. I’m just responding to the posts in recent days and your (the 3 or 4 of you) reactions to it. No… If you keep bashing people in this way, and I disagree then I’ll speak up. Others need to know that not everyone on this blog is as mean, crude and disrespectful as the lot of you.

84. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

They may try to take Crab away by doubling him… In which case, we are gonna need more production from Vernon, Walker, Moss, and AJ. Similar to last year when NY tried to take away Vernon.

85. By mfkram64 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

hear hear 49erdef…….temper11 again please…bully? cuz i don’t use big words and put them in a sentance like blahblah i’m a bully? he is also!! but not with street talk…he insults me and others with much more safiscated words lol!….look there’s no argument when u post stats cuz stats r stats…but that’s why they play the games and throw stats out the window when the ball is kicked off!!! u hear it all the time…..to me temper 11 if u really read his post it IS the same thing just put in a differant form…in the end he is arguing for alex..when people post a statement it has truth..to pick it apart everytime with this stat machine is BS!

86. By 9erdog on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

“If we can keep Rodgers off the field as long as possible with long sustained drives” sounds like we need Alex?

87. By lady 49er on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

now that is what I would call a proper response 49erdefense, no swearing, putting it into perspective that can be understood, . now, as far as phatalerror is concernd, coming from a womens view, he comes off very strong as someone who has strong beliefs in what hes saying but goes about it rather know-it-allish
    I have taken the advice of 49erdefense and gone back and looked at many weeks of this morning tailgate blog, and im very sorry to say but alot of what has been said about phatalerrors way of going about things are somewhat deserved not including the swearing and name calling. at first it seemed that phatalerror was trying to be objective concerning alex and the switch. but as he carried on it was easy to see why some may have became annoyed at him for it. almost like he kept it up just to see the others gfet upset at him, which if true would make him no better that the ones you talk against., and you yourself said it best, if you dont like what is being said or posted, ignore it, move on to other subject matters, something phatalerror seems unable to acheive. even though you or others may not like it being said, phatalerror has not been able to move on to other matters, instead,he lies in wait to provide stats that up to this point have been to show or tell others how wrong they are about what they say, which is just as bad as others calling him names for doing juist that.saturday is tomorrow, gameday. in the words of 9erdog, GOOOOOOOOOOOO NINERSSSSS

88. By 9erdog on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

” if you dont like whats being posted, dont respond to it, ‘
    might try that yourself IMHO !

89. By mfkram64 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

don’t read post? the thing with phataleblahblah is he thinks he is above most of us! cuz he can post stats and say some insulting words not swears but we or i know what he is trying to say..like i said we or i am not at his so called LEVEL! so he thinks that’s why he just post stats and picks everyone apart with his so called brillance!!! sorry my iq isn’t 800…i wasn’t top phi suma kua!! i!m a real down to earth guy who know’s what it takes to play the game!!!! it’s called EMOTION! stats have no emotion…a guy can go 6 games without a catch than he catch’s the game winner! who cares about his stats! now lets go beat the packers! the niner d has to step it up and stop rogers….

90. By ace on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

JUMPING UP AND DOWN JUMPING ALL AROUND CUZ WE ARE THE #2 SEED,AND WE HAVE A CHANCE TO GET THAT GREENBAY MONKEY OFF OF OUR BACK, GOOOOOOO NINERS BEAT THE PACK, BEAT THE PACKERS ON SATURDAY !!!!!!!!!

91. By 9erdog on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

ace, you are a positive! On a blog with soo much negative, you shine above it all, good work!

92. By ace on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

it is mute at this point to be talking about who is playing and who isnt, i hope we play well in all pha s s e s of the game the pack arent going hand us this game we will have to take it from them, and if the packers can beat us without a running game then we deserve to lose, our defense is too good for that, we know you have to throw the ball,that should play right into ur hands,literally right into ur hands,GOLDSON AND ROGERS, think of this asur birthday party,gifts flying around every where go grab them,NINERS !!! NINERS!!! NINERS!!!

93. By 9erdog on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

“I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it” now thats not a bd idea, eh?
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

94. By ace on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

i really think we should be able to beat a one dimensional team like the packers with almost no running game but i wont quote you any stats on that, its just the way i feel about this team……niners …..go get some… now is our time…nothing else matters…..but beating the packers !!!!!!

95. By ace on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

ty and and i totally enjoy reading what people have to say here,TIME FOR SOME MORE SCREAMING TILL MY VOICE IS GONE, GOOOOOO NINERS!!!

96. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

9erdog, you should try and take your own advice, for you are just as guilty as everyone else. if you dont like whats being posted dont respond to it. didnt you just do that very thing to lady 49er just now? what a f,u,c,k,i,n,g hypocrite, like always

97. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

agreed 9erdog and ace… nice posts. MFKram64, I don’t care what your IQ is… I certainly don’t consider myself to be high in that regard either. Lucky for me, Fandom doesn’t require high intelligence, nor does it preclude it. Go Niners…. can’t wait for tomorrow!

98. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

and 9erdog since we are on the subject of being judgemental, right after you tell lady 49er she shouls try it herself, you respond to ace with I may not agree with what you say but you will defens their right to say it? j,e,s,u,s, f,u,c,k,i,n,g, c,h,r,i,s,t,, what a f,u,c,k,i,n,g, hypocrite, and you dont even see your being one do you? what a flake, and a liar, dont forget since late august you have lived in green bay,seattle, and were born,raised and live in the city, you have told those very things to 3 different people on this blog, the fanster, tailgate king, and my wife who politely pointed that very thing out to you in early september. just like temper said I have a potty mouth but a incredible memory and the proff is still there waiting for anyone who wants to go back and see all the lies you have told since the start of O.T.A.’S,,,you,of all others should REALLY practice what you preach. PEACE

99. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

I could be wrong… but I think Phatal was responding to me not lady 49er. tough to tell when the posts are comin’ in hot.

100. By ace on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

ill be honest when i first started posting here like last year, i would post things to try to show who smart i was and hopefully someone would respond to what “i said” well ive realized 1 most of you know more about football then me, we some super pa s s ionate fans here, and 2 and i enjoy what you have to say far more then anything i have to say, so hopefull we still have something to talk about next week, gooooo niners !!!!

101. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

IT WASNT PHATAL TEMPER IT WAS 9ERDOG UNLESS YOU CANT KEEP TRACK OF THE NAMES YOUR POSTING WITH I WOULD SUGGEST YOU STOP TRYING ALTOGETHER

102. By ace on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

lets play guess the score whoever is closest wins i say 27-17 niners , called it !!!

103. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

ha ha ha.. you’re right 49erdefense… I meant to say 9erdog. But I think I’ll keep posting anyway. And amen 9erdog… I hope we have reason to come back here next week and blast away at each other some more.

104. By 9erdog on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

ace, I don’t know where you post from, But I can hear Ya!
    We made the first step in getting the packers off our back, but we still have some work to do, so lets make us a Fondue, eh?
    Thing with Kaepernick is he can’t get that deer in the headlights look, So its up to Roman to get Kaepernick in a game plan where he feels comfortable, also he needs to get rid of the ball before Matthews get to him. Yeah okay we all know that, but if Matthews gets to him early ……. not good!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

105. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

I’ll say 24 – 21 niners… we win off a 53 yard Akers field goal with less than 5 seconds left on the clock!

106. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

I’d say that someone should write down our predictions, but 49ersdefense2012 will remember them all for us anyway.

107. By ace on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

amen to that dog i hate that mathews guy,temper if that happens i may need hospitalzation,lol lets not get that close, but we win i and will be happ happ happy !!!

108. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

I wouldn’t need hospitalization, but I would need a new voice box!

109. By ace on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

i must say this also,cuz its how i feel, this guy i know who was born in the city,is older then me, told me he was betting against the niners,i said why ? he said cuz i bet with my wallet not my heart, after he he left i said you have no heart than, i bet lunch with my boss, i cant see how a fan bets against his team ?

110. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

that’s why I can’t do fantasy football… I would only pick my players.

111. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

by my players I mean all Niners.

112. By ace on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

exactly fantasy football poisons the fan base into thinking that numbers mean everything when they dont,actually brillant marketing by the nfl to get people more interested in otherwise meaningless games players etc not for me either i would only pick the niners all day evryday and twice this saturday,gooooooo niners !!!!

113. By 9erdog on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Just in case I don’t get back to you all for what ever reason, I want everybody, ‘EVERYBODY ‘ to have one hell of a great game!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

114. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

like wise… Good luck to us all!

115. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

and for you Phatal… Good Stats!

116. By tanglung on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Why can’t we all just get along?????

117. By temper11 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

we are… aren’t we playing nice now?

118. By phatalerror on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Really? All three of you (or all one of you) got riled up about my response about Gore’s hoped-for “125 yards”? Did I trample your dreams that badly? And was it wrong for me to do so in the manner that I did?

My response about the “125 yards” followed days of being trolled by the same three users (or one user, and whether it’s one or three doesn’t matter anymore beyond the value of the one — or three — pending contracts with the psychiatrist, so I won’t bother to mention it anymore; I’m accustomed to seeing people behave exactly like their neighbors), and I must admit that it is the closest I’ve come to “trolling” in this blog. Should anyone have picked that day alone at random to judge whether I am a troublemaker or not, I would be indicted as a troll. I would hope reasonable people would take that response in the context in which it was made: It was a strong reaction to days of relentless hounding by those forums users, and a statement of how distant their perception is from the reality, at least as presently demonstrated by numbers.

I felt like “confident” was the best word to use to describe me. I try to avoid anything I can’t be confident about. I express myself confidently about things I feel strongly about. I’m not certain where that crosses the line and is understood by some to be “know-it-all”.

119. By SHIP on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Lady 49er touched on some things which is very true about Phatalerror. He tried to sound like he was more knowledgable then the rest of us. His view is that he knows everything & he is obsessive with that believe in making us feel like he is intellectually superior. She said he comes off know-it-allish and thats whats gets under peoples skin because he does not know as much as he thinks. He likes the debating and thrives on it…he really is being insulting in my view. He is very condescending which I think many miss here. Lady 49er & a few others see it but some are not observant enough to see this at first. What I respect about Dave G. and is often misunderstood about him is the opposite, he may come off like a bully to many BUT if you notice he actually opposes bully’s which if people open their eyes and are perceptive here, the real bullys are those that continue and continue to argue the same point & does not accept that someone just disagrees like Phatalerror & it used to be Eleven. These characters never let things go. Dave G. has a pattern of relentlessly making those who try to make others feel stupid relentlessly be the one that feels stupid in the end. And I respect that about him. He actually opposes & crushes those who try to make others feel small. These are character traits that are not obvious to many but upon further review and observation becomes clearer and clearer. He is actually much smarter in his arguments which many just simplify as a bully but really look at his arguments because he makes the real bully get what they deserve by actually out-witting them. Its not just a loud thing.

120. By SHIP on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Thanks Dave G. for out-witting these insecure “know it alls” who self proclaim that they “confident”. You really do a good job at exposing them. Love them Niners!

121. By phatalerror on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

“What I respect about Dave G. … He actually opposes & crushes those who try to make others feel small.”

So he’s the one that bullies the bullies? Does that make him a vigilante, or just a bully who hasn’t yet met an even bigger bully?

And you are suggesting that I went out of my way to make people feel small? Fascinating. Next time, read my posts.

“He is actually much smarter in his arguments which many just simplify as a bully but really look at his arguments because he makes the real bully get what they deserve by actually out-witting them.”

I thought “out-witting” involved a prerequisite degree of wit. All I have seen is yelling, profanity, and the persistent use of argumentative misdirection, like the aforementioned Straw Man Argument where he mockingly and vehemently suggested I was arguing that ordinary quarterbacks with a certain statistic must automatically be better than quarterbacks that are highly regarded but posted relatively weak numbers in such categories. Which of course is something I never said.

So tell me, what’s to respect about a person who uses deceit and insult as their primary tools of argument?

In actuality, you have indicted yourself as a villian who admires villains. Say no more. We get the point.

122. By 9erdog on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

I still say that we should run right up the gut, give the ball to Gore and let him run right up the middle, I believe that’s where the packers are the weakest, eh?
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

123. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

PHATALERROR, WHAT, I WONDER, WAS THE PURPOSE OF YOUR MAKING A POST ABOUT THE ARTICLE BUCKY BROOKS WROTE? OTHER THAN TO TRY AND PROVE HIM WRONG?,,EVERYTHING THE ABOVE POST SHIP MADE DESCRIBES YOU TO A ” T ” I MEAN THERE WAS NO REASON TO EVEN REMARK ON BROOKS ARTICLE. OTHER THAN YOUR CONTINUAL ATTEMPTS TO SHOW EVERYONE HOW SMART YOU THINK YOU ARE. THE TROUBLING PART OF IT ALL IS THAT SEEM OBLIVIOUS TO IT. AND BY THE WAY, THE REQUIREMENT FOR HIS NUMBERS WERE FOR MIN. OF GAMES PLAYED IN. BUT YOU WERE SUCH A HURRY TO DEBUNK THE GUY YOU FAILED TO RESEARCH THE SUBJECT 100%, YOU SAW A CHANCE TO PROVE SOMEONE WHO IS A PROFESSIONAL IN THE AREA OF FOOTBALL WRONG, AND YOU JUMPED ON IT. AND ENDED UP BEING WRONG ABOUT IT.

124. By SHIP on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Phatalerror: I am just calling what I see. I have never seen Dave G. go after someone who does not have it coming. And you did have it coming. As others on here have pointed out is that you a “know it all” and Dave G. exposed you. You take so much time trying to use big words instead of just talking normally on a football blog and you relentlessly try to make your point to prove you right and those who do not agree are wrong. 1) Using big words does not make you smarter-it makes you come off kinda pompous as mentioned before.

125. By SHIP on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Phatalerror: 2) Its incredibly funny how you spend so much time on your argument and Dave G. just writes a few words and completely dismantles your attempt to make a point in your stance of Alex should be the guy. Dave G. does not have to use big words and he has proven to be smarter than you by exposing you for the opposite of what you trying to convince us that you are

126. By 9erdog on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Said one bully for another!

127. By SHIP on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

In conclusion: If I was selecting a lawyer and I had you or him fighting for me, I would hire Dave G. over you hands down. He has more substance and less fluff….thats all I am saying ; )

128. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

9erdog, move back to seattle, im sorry, green bay, im sorry move out of san francisco, I mean you yourself since O.T.A.’S have told 3 different people that you live in those 3 places, all at the same time,,you told the fanster that you live in green bay, the following week you told tailgate king that you live in seattle, and then not long after that you told my wife that you were born and live in the city and when she politely told that you had said earlier that you lived in the other places you pulled a disappearing act for about 5 days, you are a habitual liar and have proven as such I suggest you keep your lying to a minimum and post only thing slike go 49er or something to that effect

129. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

in fact, since you have been proven as a liar, and have been exposed I am willing to bet that you have at least 3-4 different screen names you post with just to save face and have an outlet to keep lying about $hit, your the biggest fake on this blog.

130. By 9erdog on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

SF, ‘Children’s hospital California st’
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

131. By phatalerror on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

I’m not a lawyer, but I’m pretty particular about my lawyers. Ten times out of ten I would select the lawyer who could argue a point from fourteen different angles and be right on all of them over the lawyer who says you should believe everything he says because he advocates for those who can’t defend themselves.

What you called fluff (and have on a number of occasions definitely stated you never actually read) was actually so loaded full of substance your mind couldn’t comprehend it. On the other hand, arguments directly contrary to what I actually stated have been remarkably absent.

Let’s settle this:

• My opinion is different from yours, and I clearly have more to say about my side of the issue. Whether I am more right or more wrong is going to be settled this evening. If the 49ers lose, I am most likely right outright.

• Even if the 49ers win today, or even next week, my position has always been: The move to Kaepernick was inappropriate on the principle that Alex Smith had earned the job for this year, and Smith did nothing to warrant losing that job. He is quite possibly the best performing quarterback ever to lose his place on the depth chart to a backup. He was a top quarterback in the league at many measures when he was demoted.

• The statistical data I have consistently published has merely been icing on the cake, proving that the 49ers lost far more than they gained with the switch. Nevertheless, my argument is soundly based on the principle outlined above.

• The argument that ‘only the coach knows best’ is indefensible, because it is based on the idea that no one outside his sphere can know the details of the matter, and therefore renders any argument from anyone outside that sphere moot. Admitting that you cannot know the truth and using that as a basis for arguing against any other viewpoint is the equivalent of saying, “I cannot know, and therefore, you cannot know.” That in itself is quite arrogant, because it is still a crafty way of saying ‘You don’t know more that I do.’ The fact that millions of fans of various teams rejoiced with the head-rolling that took place around the league this past two weeks suggests that at the very least, some coaches do know better than others. Any coach has their own strengths and weaknesses, and those weaknesses may absolutely be subject to question.

• I have made all of my arguments without ever once resorting to profanity, and as a general rule, with some few exceptions, I avoided insulting, degrading speech.

• More often than not, I published information in response to a misleading or false statement made by a member of this forum, or by a leading NFL writer. To complain that I endlessly rehash the matter is just one of many misleading statements that have gone around.

But I get it: My viewpoint differs from yours, and therefore, not being a member of your little ‘club’, that makes me the subject of malicious comments. I expect very little from the Internet’s denizens, and you have lived down to those expectations. You should be proud of yourselves: You have excelled as Internet Trolls.

With that said, Internet Trolls are self-defeating toward their own side of the argument.

And above all, I resent being compared with 11yearswithAlex, because he has never given a shred of qualified evidence that his viewpoint, so disrespectfully given, had any merit.

Go 49ers.

132. By 9erdog on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

9erD’ aka, fanster, tailgate king, lady 9er!
    I’m looking through you …….

133. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

9ERDOG THE LIAR

134. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

YOUR A PROVEN LIAR AND NOTHING YOU CAN SAY TO OR ABOUT ME CAN CHANGE THE FACT THAT YOU LIED ALL OVER THE BLOG EARLY ON, GOT CAUGHT UP IN THEM AND NOW ARE TRYING TO SAVE FACE

135. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

EVEN JEROMY THE BIGGEST FOULEST MOUTH TO EVER POST HERE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT IT

136. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

YOU GOT BUSTED, CREATED A NEW BLOG NAME AND HAVE BEEN POSTING YOUR LIES ALL OVER THE PLACE SINCE THEN EVEN IN THE LAST MONTH OR SO YOU SLIPPED UP POSTING THINGS WITH ONE NAME THINKING YOU WERE USING ANOTHER, I MADE A COMMENT ABOUT THEN AS WELL,,YOUR LIKE THE LITTLE KID THAT PEED HIS PANTS BUT KEPT TELLING HIS MOMMY IT WAS WATER

137. By phatalerror on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

By the way, that all might be adequately informed, and that all who have stated anything to the contrary might be publicly correctly for it:

The NFL’s standard for qualifying quarterback statistics on a seasonal basis is directly tied to [throw] attempts. A player must throw 14 times a game for the duration of the season (or a total of 224 during a normal 16-game season). Therefore, when Bucky Brooks referenced a quarterback who was 8 attempts shy of that qualifier, he ought to have acknowledged that, and not eliminated other similarly situated quarterbacks. His article artificially inflated Kaepernick’s true ranking, and given the high visibility of such an article, the correction was appropriate, and very relevant to this forum.

And of course, I wouldn’t have had to write this, except that someone called me “arrogant” and “wrong” for my first discussion of the matter.

Fine. I can be arrogant. I can be wrong. But rarely both at the same time.

138. By 9erdog on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

9erD’ aka, fanster, tailgate king, lady 9er!
    I’m looking through you …….

139. By 9erdog on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

you can lead a troll to eduction, but you can’t make him think!
    not that anyone is trying …………………… just saying!

140. By phatalerror on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

And because two different users on the forum use a common English expression, irrelevant accusations of multiple accounts will detract from any further productive discussion.

Sigh.

Then again, it was hardly productive before.

Go 49ers. Go Kaepernick. And if you don’t, Go Smith.

141. By 9erdog on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

would be so great to see #11 behind center. aaaaaah-man!
    Good luck to all, enjoy the game GOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

142. By SHIP on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

Phatalerror: Its amazing how much time you spending on writing. I started reading the first few sentences two blogs above & actually just got bored and really did not care enough to read the rest. Good luck with continuing to waste your time. Your ego is getting the best of you and the ironic thing is an intelligent person would be able to argue a solid point with much less words…you obsessing…I really don’t honestly care what you have to say.Good luck with all your thesis reports. I am sure it will pay off somewhere for you? Good luck with all that! I am done with you, said what I had to say and are ready to root for my NINERS!

143. By Hermie on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

Phatal has so much time because he doesn’t work and takes what the Govt. gives him!!