Morning Tailgate: Jan. 4

Posted by Taylor Price on January 4, 2013 – 9:53 AM

The 49ers will do a lot more scoreboard watching this weekend, just like Pro Bowl safety Donte Whitner was doing after the regular season finale in the photo atop this post.

The game San Francisco is most focused on features the two teams they anxiously watched at the conclusion of a Week 17 win over Arizona. On Saturday night, if the Green Bay Packers are victorious at home over the Minnesota Vikings, the Packers will travel to San Francisco to face the 49ers on Jan. 12 in the Divisional Playoff round.

For what it’s worth, longtime Sports Illustrated writer Peter King is predicting a Packers win.

If the Vikings win, however, the winner of the Seattle Seahawks-Washington Redskins Sunday afternoon tilt will travel to Candlestick Park for a primetime postseason clash.

Tickets for the Jan. 12 Divisional matchup presented by State Farm will be made available on Monday, Jan. 7 at 10 a.m. PT via Ticketmaster.  Quantities will be limited, so fans will be encouraged to visit NFL Ticket Exchange for additional seats.

But before the 49ers can find out who they’ll play next week, the team will hold one last workout this week that figures to impact San Francisco’s decision at kicker for the postseason.

Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle discussed the on-going competition between David Akers and Billy Cundiff.

Cam Inman of the San Jose Mercury News shared a transcript of Cundiff’s first comments as a 49er.

Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee wrote that Justin Smith returned to practice and plans to play on Jan. 12.

Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com further set the stage for the kicking competition set to last up until the Divisional Playoff round.

Maiocco also shared his 2012 team awards and noted that one member of the 49ers front office is drawing more interest in NFL circles for current job openings than the San Francisco’s coordinators.

CBSSports.com’s 2012 NFL All-Pro Team featured three 49ers: Patrick Willis, Aldon Smith and Andy Lee.

49ers.com shared the comments from both kickers in competition, as well as Justin Smith’s optimistic outlook towards returning to action.

TV49’S CLIP OF THE DAY

You heard the man…

Tags: , , , , , , ,
Posted in Morning Tailgate | 156 Comments »

156 Responses to “Morning Tailgate: Jan. 4”

1. By bruce on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

Both these kickers SUCK!!!!!! If ? a game comes down to a field goal Niners are in TROUBLE!!! They’ll probably lose that game if ? that happens.

2. By Sandi on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

Leave Arkers alone, he is an awesome kicker. As soon as a player has a few bad games we throw them to the crub. He had surgery, give the guy a break! Cundiff is not the answer…..Arkers will retire most likely after this year!

3. By Tru 49ers Faithful on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

We won’t lose. If we get in a long FG situation, Kaep will just run the read option. If we get good blocking and he makes good reads, him and LaMike can be unstoppable on short yardage! No matter, the D is about to take it to a whole nother level. Men on a mission. Here we come NOLA!!!

4. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

Lets get ready for green bay. Prepare for our most challenging opponent, and we will do fine.

5. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

I think what akers did for the 49ers last year was fantastic, this year, he SHOULD NOT have been kicking after having that kind of surgery, he has got brian wilson of the s.f. giants syndrome, not telling the coaching staff how hurt he really is, and it has cost us games this year. I am definately concerned with the kicking game going into the playoffs,, cundiff sucks!!! and now akers cant be relied upon to make a 40+ yard field goal,,,,

6. By Vikki on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

I LOVE my Team, we ALL have good and bad days. God Bless EACH ONE Of my NINERS

7. By bow53 on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

same here D” thats the only main concern that I have going to the playoffs,those field goals scores is gonna be so important, moving forward,i’m just hoping like i said before,akers should put his head together, defense wise i’m confident its gonna be solid as ever and on offense ,i know G-RO. is gonna open up the playbook here…..other than that, i believe will be alright…..

8. By 11yearswithalex on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

well here is where we all see if coach was holding back plays and formations …so we can thrash the playoffs …i hope it is true we need a spark and a identity to roll these playoffs and make our claim to be a team to be reckoned with

9. By jasonxflash on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

Moss’Boss gonna get his RING…..

Lovessss my NINERS…

10. By crabber59 on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

I’m back! I’m not going to talk about how my hawks will handle the skins this week but i do want to comment on the niners LAME fg kickers. You sign Cundiff?? what kind of move is that? Akers is pretty bad btw 40-50yards but this(cundiff) guy is the “royal s–ts” from anywhere. To put a kicker like that on the playoff roster shows coach Humbug is insane in the membrane. Akers tries to make a excuse of a injury for his poor kicking this season but i think he’s just to old&slow. This will be the 49ers downfall in this season’s playoffs

11. By bow53 on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

hey crabby, RG3 is gunna leave a mark behind ur rears come sunday, we all know u guys suck on away games, end of the road for u guys , try again next year…….

12. By tanglung on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

49erdefense2012. The kicking game is a real concern for me as well but, I truly believe Akers is going to be ok. I’m hoping the 49ers will have a 10 point edge at the end of the game. This way the kicking game will not be an issue. I believe the 49ers offense is ready to score some points no matter who they play. G-RO just needs to open his play book and let the offense FLY…….

13. By jamie on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

Glad J smith is optimistic but the reality is he is not going to be nearly as effective as myslef and everyone else is hoping. He’ll give it a go but I see him on the sidelines by the 2nd qtr unfortunately. Hes just not going to have much strength in that arm until it gets repaired surgically. The nerves will be kickin in for me as soon as we know who they’re playing. Im nervous about our offense. I have no idea what to expect from them next week. Between goin in with a young qb without much experience and the injuries I cant help but be nevous!!!! Man it was so much less stressful when they stunk!!! HAHA!!!!

14. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

im not sure that I can buy into the therory that akers will somehow, ” be ok “, if he is trying to kick through an injury,then how can we trust in him to make those most important of kicks?, the ones in the playoffs,,,and I have no faith what-so-ever in cundiff,,that dude choked on a 34 yarder last year that would have extended the ravens-patriots game into overtime, the best way to have confidence in our kicking game is,,,,,not to have to rely on a kick to win the game,,G-RO and coach harbaugh must open up the playbook and score td’s like we did in new england,,,

15. By 9erdog on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

We’re down to one and done, everything else is all water under the bridge! Justin Smith is the heart and soul of our Defense, Aldon gets about half of the sacks he gets without Justin IMHO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

Crabs, not so sure why you’re worried about the 9ers, when you guys are playing on the road, I think your seasons over!

16. By dave g. on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

Crabs…why are you on our site? We not on the Seahawks site because no one cares about that generic team. HAHAHAHA! What the F is a Seahawk anyway? An angry bird? You can’t even decide on a uniform every year? And whats up with the neon green now? You have a shady coach who cheated his way (USC) to a big contract and a team with no past and no future who talks a lot of sh!t to try to get attention (note: see what happened to Jets with that tactic). They will be defunct in 5 years or move to LA and be the LA Gladiators and be Purple and Yellow. The Sea Hawks…you will always be 2nd fiddle to us like you always been. HAHAHAHA!

17. By dave g. on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

Crabs…The best the Seahawks will be is part of a trivia question on Jeopardy in 20 years amongst the Houston Oilers, Washington Senators, Boston Yanks, etc, etc. HAHAHA!

18. By dave g. on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

Sandy…do you know what happens when you decide not to throw someone to curb who is not performing? You don’t win. Surgery or whatever the reason, we have to win. Thats the whole point. Its not like the guy is hurting for money. Pleased easy on the emotions and lets use logic here. I excuse you though sweetie because I know you girls can’t help on the emotional thing BUT some of these “so called dudes”, its inexcusable. Sandy it will all work out for the best. Harbaugh is analyzing it and he may improve BUT he has to for us to win and if not than we will have to kick him to the curb. We have to win and believe me your emotions will be much better when we hold the Lombardi Trophy and you wont worry about a kicker.

19. By phatalerror on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

It’s taken me two days to get the time to get back here, but I’m calling someone out:
    By mfkram64 on Jan 2, 2013: “this off. is going to get better with coach and kap working together…getting moss more touch’s and crabs how much does he love this new off.?… gore is fresh and not all beat up…”

Allow me to recount the fail of this statement:

Frank Gore, Weeks 1-8: 120 carries, 654 yards, 4 TD’s
    Frank Gore, Weeks 10-17: 139 carries, 558 yards, 4 TD’s

I’m sorry, did someone try to suggest that Gore was being used less since Kaepernick came on board? Gore has shouldered more of the load since Kaepernick starting playing, and his yards per carry has dropped by almost one and a half yards. That looks like a runningback that could have used a spell or two, and was forced to stay in the game because the game might be lost without him. Why was Gore more effective when Smith was quarterbacking? Because defenses had to respect Smith’s quarterbacking. Why are Kaepernick’s yards per attempt stats slightly better than Smith’s were? Because defenses are stacking the box, and the secondary is thinner. They’d rather take Gore out of the game and challenge Kaepernick to complete more than 50% of his attempts. Which brings us to…

…Crabtree. I didn’t like Michael Crabtree last year, but this year he has proven to be willing to work hard and to learn the game. With that said, how has Crabtree done between when Smith was throwing to him, and when Kaepernick was throwing to him?

Smith to Crabtree: 58 targets, 42 completions, 4 TD’s, 492 yards
    Kaepernick to Crabtree: 69 targets, 43 completions, 5 TD’s, 613 yards

So Smith is within .5 percent of Kaepernick in TD’s per target, and within .5 yards per target. Given the nature of the defensive schemes being utilized by defenses against the 49ers with Kaepernick starting, the slight increases in Crabtree’s performance are more a matter of navigating softer defenses, and less a matter of some special chemistry between Crabtree and Kaepernick. Those increases have come at the expense of other receivers, who have seen their effectiveness plummet since Smith was benched. Randy Moss is getting more touches because Manningham and Williams aren’t playing as they were when Smith was quarterbacking, but Moss hasn’t been more productive with Kaepernick throwing to him:

Smith to Moss: 20 targets, 13 completions, 2 TD’s, 235 yards
    Kaepernick to Moss: 30 targets, 15 completions, 1 TD, 199 yards

So Smith’s TD’s per attempt rate was three times better than Kaepernick’s when throwing to Moss. Smith’s yards per attempt was also 5 yards better than Kaepernicks. That is not to be ignored. Moss has not been a playmaker with Kaepernick throwing to him.

I’m only here because you tried to suggest I didn’t know what I was talking about. These are the numbers. These are the facts. Read them how you wish, but don’t try to discredit me, because the numbers are calling you a liar, and whereas I don’t always let the numbers do the talking for me, I couldn’t possibly tell it better than these do.

20. By bow53 on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

one pcs.of advice , MOVE ON……….we all did……the ship has sailed……

21. By temper11 on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

test…

22. By temper11 on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

bow53… the ship has not sailed. Not yet. It certainly will – I have no doubt that Smith will be wearing a different jersey next year but until then, I’ll (along with Phatalerror and others) will continue to do what we can to put down the lies and misinformation of the record. Smith has been the scapegoat for so many other 49er shortcomings for so long people refuse to see the truth – even when phatalerror lays it out in about as clear a way as can be achieved. People just want to say, “move on, the ship has sailed” so they don’t have to acknowlege the inconvenient truth that they are wrong. Thank you Phatal for taking the time to actually pull these numbers together. Most people on here just regurgitate what they heard on espn. Total garbage.

23. By phatalerror on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

“one pcs.of advice , MOVE ON……….we all did……the ship has sailed……”

…he conceded.

If you really want to “move on”, why ever did you encourage anyone to try to dispute with me on this? The reality people choose for themselves does not in and of itself prove they are not on the losing side of the argument. Or more pointedly, the jury is still out on whether this was the right thing to do. I’m just here to provide a balance to the local media outlets who have vacillated between ‘Colin Kaepernick is the spark this team needed’ and ‘whether it was the right thing to do or not, you can’t go back’. Both were idiotic statements when taken at their absolute. You can side with them despite the lack of short term logic.

The 49ers are almost good enough to get by with Kaepernick, and if the opposing teams give up turnovers, I’ve never said the 49ers couldn’t win with Kaepernick. I was more comfortable watching the 49ers when I knew they could win without gifts from opposing offenses. I’m still waiting for evidence to the contrary.

In Harbaugh you trust. It seems a rather blithe way of saying, “We’ll let the big man make the decisions because we don’t understand what’s going on beyond highlights and the win-loss column.”

Go 49ers.

24. By bow53 on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

i feel u temper ,believe me i’m a alex sider, but we are where we are right now, and the reallity of it is in front of our faces, i was at the stick last week,they brought in alex to play in the closing minute of the game, i got mixed emotion , happy and sad, happy they let alex play, sad knwing that s the last time i’m gunna see him on a 49er uniform,see it comes down to economics, they won’t pay him his signing bonus, i believe the franchise will use that $$$$ somewhere else.. thats why i moved on….

25. By temper11 on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

agreed… He’ll be somewhere else next year – and I hope he lights it up. But I simply can’t let comments about how there’s been some kind of up tick since he sat on the bench. It discredits what he’s done for the team. All these folks that say there is no way we win against the Pats in New England if Alex was under center. Same people that said there was no way we’d go into Green Bay and come out with a W. Or that he could go toe to toe with Brees. I’m moving on as far as supporting Kaep (I’ve got nothing against Kaep) but I’ll still talk to anyone who wants to discredit Smith as a niner. I’ll probably be arguing on his behalf until the day I die. He was in the process of re-writing his legacy here in SF when Harbaugh took that opportunity away. That just leaves me and a few others, to speak the truth for him – lord knows he won’t pat his own back.

26. By Hermie on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

Someone apparently has all day to crunch numbers…doesn’t mean anything other than they have all day to crunch numbers.

Looking forward to the defense being rested and flying to the ball!! Really needed this week off and hopefully Justin will heal enough!! Legs will be fresh, that is big!!

I am anticipating having to play the Pack next week, so hope to see some new wrinkles…need to get Frank involved early and often!!

27. By big Mel in VA. on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

Who ever its going 2b lets get it On .. My Boy are going 2b ready 4 who ever or whatever ..
    This is not Last year we AREN’T giving away Games!! The D-fench will be Biting & Big O will be Scoring !! let’s Go 49er’s

28. By dave g. on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

Phatalerror: I know you spent a lot of time on your novel but once again fail to see all aspects of the game: You do realize Kendall Hunters injury had an afffect on Frank Gore? You are discreted because you are clearly aiming to protect your credibility instead of just admitting that your biasness is clouding your arguments.

29. By dave g. on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

As for Temper, the blind is leading the blind. I have always liked Alex but why do people feel compelled to keep trying to convince people they are right. Who cares????? All that matters is that we win the SB. Whether you like or hate Alex it does not matter…what matters is the team winning and sticking by our starter. Your fragile egos are all about trying to convince people you right. It aint no different than what 11 Years was doing when he was hating on Alex constantly when he was starting. Biasness and Ego clouded his judgement. I like Alex BUT for Gods sake move on and accept Kap is the man now.

30. By dave g. on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

31. By hmrhead1 on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

Phatal, I’m not an Alex hater, so I say this with all respect for him as a player but what you are missing is that at the time of his departure, Alex was dead last in all pa$$ing categories when the ball traveled beyond 10 yards. It’s easy to complete 70% when you’re dumping off to backs and throwing slants with the majority of your attempts. What Kap brings to the offense is the ability to increase the involement of the WR position into the offense. You are absolutely right that the results are not dramatically different, but the threat for chunk plays has certainly increased since Kap took over. I’m not discounting what AS did for us. I just feel there is more potential for greatness with Kap. At a minimum, in his first 7 games as a starter, Kap has achieved the same results as AS. What can he do as he continues to develop? Look at what Luck, Wilson, and RG3 have done for their teams. Those teams leaned on their defenses while the young gun learned and now they all target greatness when it counts most. I’d rather shoot for the stars than face another Championship game where we get two completions to our WRs. Just my 2 cents.

32. By dave g. on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

No need to bash Alex here..We in SB last year if Kyle Willams does not fumble a few times. Thats why we lost. I have respect for Alex with all he has been through! As I always said, I like Alex and we can win with him. The part that I do agree with Hmrhead1 on though is that Kap has something special and he is only getting better. This change is NOT because Alex is not good enough, IT is because Kap honestly can be great and there have been moments that has been tremendous. Those flashes of brilliance cannot be denied so extract your biasness and accept that truth. I completely agree with Jaws link I sent above in my previous blog.

33. By Buzz Clifford on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

Kaep is not afraid to air it out. Not afraid to throw an interception , knowing Goldson, Culliver will get it back or a jarring fumble by Whitner.

Alex is good and Kaep is great. Kaep is poised and he can come back from adversity.

Mark my words Moss will now shine. Vernon must step it up!!!!!! We all know Delanie and Dixon will step up to theplate so to speak . One year to heal.

34. By Buzz Clifford on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

If u-r right why argue?

If u -r wrong what’s the use.

35. By mfkram64 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

hello u on?

36. By mfkram64 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

hellllllloooooo

37. By mfkram64 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

phatalablahblahblah…..u r a bean counter…stats r just that…why play the games? the numbers tell u who wins right? how many years has alex been in nfl? kap? how many games has alex played? kap? ok when kap plays as many games as alex come see me…..as far as crabs stats yes they r close BUT stats don’t show emotions…look at crabs confidence as long as the rest of the wr’s…they finally get to have a long ball they can make a play on…not over their heads out of reach….u r a monday morning qb….u keep hopping on the off. w/alex and now w/kap….get over it PLEASE! it’s so old u r the only one complaining about the move….it’s soooooo long ago u have no argument….kap is the guy…they r WINNING! what more do u want….dave g said it in his post i won’t repeat but it’s all there read it! so when i read your tax return aka post it’s all BLAHBLAHBLAH! it ends with a sad face..i like smiley faces!

38. By mfkram64 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

hey buzz really? they might face vikes,seattle,redskins,packers…u forgot falcons too! like to see vikes win and redskins….9ers get skins an vikes can beat falcons in dome…9ers get vikes for champ. game…my new years wish!

39. By mfkram64 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

hey blahblahblah…read hmrhead1′s post also…very true….

40. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

what I want to know is how did phatal get that novel to post in the first place,,,L O L

41. By dave g. on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

HA! Good point 49erdefense. I really got bored a quarter of the way through but look at the size of that thing! Thats amazing he didn’t have to split that!

42. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

and I cant get more than 6-7 words to post,,,lame

43. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

some just cant accept that their arguments have been de-bunked

44. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

yes mfkram,that is also my new years wish, we get the vikes here for the nfc championship game, I will be able to use my ticket for that game, we season ticket holders had to choose from the wild-card /divisional rounds or the divisional ./ championship rounds,,of course I took the div. / champshp. round…but its really just 2 tickets for the playoffs we get to use one and hope to be able to use the other, the knck on all of this is over the years the 49ers have done better on the road for the championship game than at home,,we have lost alot of nfc championship games at home,,,,,lets break that trend this year,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,S.F. 49ERS 2012

45. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

” we’ll let the big man make the decisions becasue we dont know whats going on beyond highlights and the win-loss column ” ,,,,whatever dude,,just because I dont waste my time trying to portary myself as a know-it-all doesnt mean that I dont know just about every stat that can be known about our team as a whole. where you and I differ is so easy to see, you seem to think that your opnion like really matters to harbaugh and staff,,,guess what einstein,,it dont,,,and when I say
    IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,it means that no matter what my opinion is on any certain matter, I believe that coach harbaugh’s decsion on any anything concerning the 49ers is better than any argument or opinon of mine. you have gone so far out of your way to prove or dis-prove coach harbaugh with the qb change that you have labled yourself a hater, plain and simple, wether you want to believe it or not

46. By phatalerror on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

hmrhead1: “You are absolutely right that the results are not dramatically different, but the threat for chunk plays has certainly increased since Kap took over.”

Chunk plays alone don’t win games. Time of possession, a fresh defense, and mistake-free football were the ingredients the successful 2011-2012 49ers were built around. The best defenses don’t give up a lot of chunk plays, and then your chunk play offense is blowing chunks. (See Seahawks game.)

47. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

hey phatal, you forgot, 5.7 yrds per rb % = 73.3% qb comp, ration * x 3rd down conversion rate< alex – 78.5 % =kap,,,

48. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

you make my above post about you even that much more validated with your response to hmrhd and chunk plays,,

49. By phatalerror on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

Dave G.: “You do realize Kendall Hunters injury had an afffect on Frank Gore? You are discreted because you are clearly aiming to protect your credibility instead of just admitting that your biasness is clouding your arguments.”

Did you even bother to compare the numbers between the two? No, of course you didn’t, because then you would have seen this, and not have damaged your own credibility:

Week Name Team Opp Score Att Yds Avg TD FUM
    12 Kendall Hunter SF @ NO W  31-21 4 28 7 0 0
    13 Frank Gore SF @ STL L  13-16 23 58 2.5 1 0
    14 Frank Gore SF vs MIA W  27-13 12 63 5.2 1 0
    15 Frank Gore SF @ NE W  41-34 21 83 4 0 0
    16 Frank Gore SF @ SEA L  13-42 6 28 4.7 0 0
    17 Frank Gore SF vs ARI W  27-13 20 68 3.4 1 0

In fact, here is Kendall Hunter’s carry load (his percentage share of team carries) during his 11 games:

Week Name Team Carries Att Carry Load
    1 Kendall Hunter 32 9 28.13%
    2 Kendall Hunter 27 5 18.52%
    3 Kendall Hunter 20 4 20.00%
    4 Kendall Hunter 44 8 18.18%
    5 Kendall Hunter 38 11 28.95%
    6 Kendall Hunter 17 4 23.53%
    7 Kendall Hunter 32 9 28.13%
    8 Kendall Hunter 29 10 34.48%
    10 Kendall Hunter 34 3 8.82%
    11 Kendall Hunter 29 5 17.24%
    12 Kendall Hunter 31 4 12.90%

Kendall Hunter’s injury occurred at the end of the third quarter of the week 12 game, so perhaps he might have gotten two more carries, or even three. Even so, there was already a clear drop-off from the numbers he was putting up when Alex Smith was quarterback. Harbaugh didn’t spell Gore when games were on the line. In fact, during the first 8 weeks of the season, Kendall Hunter registered 25.1% of team carries, while Frank Gore registered exactly twice as many at 50.2%. During the next three weeks, Gore carried the ball 57 times to Hunters 12, an almost 5:1 ratio. Harbaugh didn’t spell Gore because the team couldn’t afford it. During the last five weeks, Gore was back down to 51.6% of team carries, but much of that was due to Kaepernick’s high scramble rate (he registered 20.1% of team carries during that time), with LaMichael James receiving 17.0% of carries.

These are the facts. Once again, you have shown that you are the one with the bias, making false statements based purely on an unvalidated personal perception. This is just one more point of evidence *proving* that Kaepernick’s limitations cause global degradation in the performances of the other players.

I love playing Whack-a-Mole.

50. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

phatal, you come across as a know-it-all hater

51. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

keep ‘em comin’ phatal,,your now becoming comical, almost clown-like,,L O L

52. By phatalerror on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

49erdefense2012: “phatal, you come across as a know-it-all hater”

And you come across as a know-nothing hater.

I don’t really have to say anything more on the subject, because all of the arguments for Colin Kaepernick start like, ‘He’s better than Alex Smith in every category…’

…and upon further review…

‘…except for that category, and that category, and the other category…’

…and finally ends:

‘We are incapable of reading the volumes of information proving Alex Smith was superior to Colin Kaepernick in 2012, so we will believe what we’ve always believed regardless of the reality of it all. IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST!’

You’ve made your statements. They’ve been proven to be falsehoods and distortions. Don’t keep pushing the issue, because you’ve been informed, and any more falsehood would make you a deliberate liar.

Go 49ers.

53. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

here is my imitaion of phatalerror,ioernogiseng47509q8346yunv hjfghnaer8734890,,.,jsitgna 88724352h KAP 7903476unun ALEX njfesrhna8%%$# YARDS PER 63487458HHDBG, QB JERINER4759345H&&%%%%JH FKGJHNJU 08H5P6N /LK5[69I4=
    “/.=098-09W85I3

54. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

I know more about this current squad of the 49ers in ALL areas than you do,,,THAT is how you come across phatalerror…im a liar?? about what?? your the clown who keeps trying to prove everyone wrong and how right you are all the time,,any argument you make IS YOUR OWN OPINION,,,NOTHING MORE,,and yet you try and back them up worthless stats,,for every pro alex stat you post the same can be said about kaepernick, yet for all your self percieved logic, you fail to see that very point,

55. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

more of phatal error,,,,yrds per KAP% 5.8.9.<jfur765% + ALEX, 20yrd comp.7.8%
    3rd down conv.4,5%669rjikjgn,,HARBAUGH,,hewruht56,05967-09u[oihdfg-46754984%%jikhb%%7878 YRDS PER INT,,,,6.7%(VUYRT756,%)KJNFG

56. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

THIS JUST IN: PHATALERROR HAS DISCOVERED THAT ALEX HAS A P,E,N,I,S THAT IS 3.4% BIGGER THAT KAPS,,AND IT FITS IN HIS ANAL CANAL JUST AS EASILY,,,HAHAHA NOW THATS CLOWIN’ FOOL

57. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

hows that for pushing the issue f,u,c,k,f,a,c,e?

58. By phatalerror on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

Your honor, the defense for Alex Smith rests their case.

59. By DMT on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

On of the many reasons I don’t play fantasy football is because it’s overrun with people like phatalerror, who pay so much attention to nonsensical stats.

60. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

” your honor the defense for alex smith rests their case”,,phatalerror perfers alex’s p,e,n,i,s in his anal cavity more than kaepernicks,,more clowin’

61. By 11yearswithalex on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

yeah sure was nice to see alex come in and show us his famous 3 and out with a 3rd down check down to boot ….great work alex can not see why you lost your job ……still ……….wow ….you must have cheated on your wonderlick test ….you should have been a lawyer ….you talked the niners into 8 years of your foolishness only to cry and whine …and at the end of the game when the opposing defense is tired and you get your shot to show up kapper …you 3 and out with the dumpoff short of the sticks ……way to secure a freeagent bid there dude ……..WOW

62. By dave g. on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

Phatalerror: You missing the point and are too clueless for me to go into details but the game of football is much more than your algorithms you have published. Dude give it up. How you comparing last year to this year? There is soooo much more going on this year that were not factors last year. You are tunneled vision in your long winded biased calculus formulas. Here are just a few things for you: Rams are better than last year and has better D and kicking, Seattle is better than last year & has better QB play & D, Akers has dropped off a lot, Gore has less rest with Hunter out, WE WERE +28 in turnover ratio last year to +9 this year (even before Alex came out we were better last year in that area), Alex threw as many picks in 9 games this year than he did in all 16 games last year and there is sooo much more subtleties that your geek brain will never comprehend. KAP IS THE MAN NOW…REGARDLESS. You don’t know QB’in better than Alex and no algorithm is gonna tell you that!

63. By dave g. on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

11 Years: You mean the way your boy Matt Flynn who you really wanted us to sign secured his free agent bid?! HAHAHAHAHA!

64. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

laffing my a,s,s, off on that one dave g.

65. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

no he’s not missing the point dave, its just not his so how can it be right?

66. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

somewhere above he called me a know nothing hater, that just goes to show you how much HE doesnt know, I know enough to know that coach harbaugh knows way more than me on how to develop A QB and when the right time to play said qb is. in phalblahblahblah’s mind, coach harbaugh should do as phatalblahblahblah says

67. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

and to add what you said dave about you cant compare last year to this,,,AMEN
    last year is just that…..LAST YEAR,,,I question if phalterrorblahblahblah is more than just a casual fan of the 49ers, you know like when most of the bandwagon jumping fan base jumped off after the jeff garcia days,,,,im sure he was one of those, who only recently jumped back on after the 49ers went 13-3 last year, pulling out his old a$$ 49er hat from 1994,,,,more clownin’

68. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

well, ponder is out, wont play against green bay, get ready candlestick park, the hated packers will be here jan 12th,,,there will be a ton of packers fans at the stick,,,I frigging hate that,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,SF49ERS DEFENSE #1 2012

69. By jamie on Jan 5, 2013 | Reply

I like the matchup against GB if they win 2nite. So there are a lot of Pack fans at the stick huh?? Just gotta silence those central nervous system neuron deficient cheesetards right away. The stage is yours Kaep. Better make Harbaugh look like a genius goin with you. If not there will be some splainin to do all off season. Hope the D is rested and ready to go. Still not happy bout J Smith injury. Gotta accept it I guess. Rooting for Skins tomorrow. Just want Seattle out!!!!! The stress begins in less than 24 hrs!!!!!

70. By mfkram64 on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

hey dave g. u save me from posting that’s right to the point and not a long form tax return like phatalablahblahblah….he is a want to be journalist and is lost in his thinking….or some kinda of audtior who loves numbers not emotion or reality…it’s so boring i stop at the first line cuz it is a useless post…he took over for 11yrs…a yawn feast of baable…..so on to sat. night…packers coming to town..they r a tough tough team…got all their weapons heathy….one of the hottest teams coming in to the playoffs….niners r rested and will be ready to go…i think it comes down to a special team play or a fake punt something to throw them off…protect ball and need to produce some to’s like last year against saints….hey 49erdef. don’t get all worked blahblahblah isn’t worth it save your energy for sat.

71. By phatalerror on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Some of you have more in common with 11yearswithalex than I do: My statements of record are actually true. Statements like “Gore is fresh and not all beat up” proved that like 11yearswithalex, you put your own perception above the reality of the situation. Every time you have said, ‘Colin is better than Alex because…’, it was either false (like the statement above, which erroneously attributed increased rest for Gore to Kaepernick’s starts), dubiously true (within points of a percentage in the case of statistics), or unprovable (‘Smith couldn’t have won that game’). The sum of your statements proved that you would say anything to discredit Smith, and you would say anything to beatify Kaepernick.

72. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Phatalblablahblah: I know in your mind (IN YOUR MIND) you think you right which make it even more hilarious. We have been on this site since the offseason and I don’t remember if you were even on or what your stance was. Now you come out of NOWHERE with all these stats that don’t always tell the whole story. What you fail to understand is I have always backed up Alex when Eleven Years kept trying to beat him and I continue to support him. But how can you deny the flashes of brilliance and explosiveness Kap has that Harbaugh obviously see’s. I will tell you what I told Eleven when he kept slamming Alex in the offseason: Do you really think you know the right choice better than Harbaugh and his very experienced coaching staff. Are you there in practice, are you breaking down all the game film, did you play 14 years as an NFL QB. So based on your arguments you do know better. All we saying is we trust Harbaugh and actually see what he see’s. I know you think you know better but you the mole whacking himself & seem to be the last to realize it. HAHAHAHA!

73. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

and vice a versa phatalblahblahblah, your arguments are a tired and worn out for every single pro alex stat you post someone can post an almost duplicate stat for kaepernick, its ludacris for you to carry on so

74. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Phatablablah: You are never gonna convince us that you know better than Harbaugh nor does it matter at this point. We all need to stand by our starter no matter who it is. That has always been my stance no matter who the starter is. Kap..I have you back man and if Alex is our starter than I have his back. You may not always agree and that is fine but why carry on about it. Whats the F’in point?

75. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

What you hoping to gain Phatablahblah with all these novels you writing?

76. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Do you think Harbaugh is gonna say “Oh damg that Phatablahblah really knows his $h!t. I really need to listen to him and make a change!”.

77. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Really? Or do you think we all on this site gonna say, “Dude you brilliant, how could we all miss this including Harbaugh!” Really? Lets be logical here what you hoping to gain? Credibility? Well you digging yourself deeper and deeper with every novel you write with your copy and pasted algorithms cuz ayt the end of the day YOU DON’T KNOW BETTER THAN HARBAUGH! HAHAHAHA!

78. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Mole (aka phatablahblah) Whacked…over & out b!tch!!!

79. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

alex smith

80. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

last in the nfl

81. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

in comp pct

82. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

for pas,s,e,s, that go beyond 10 yrds

83. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

kaepernick is near the top, just another of the many reasons coach harb’s went to kap

84. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

but that kind of logic is lost on people like phatalblahblahblah, he is always right therefore how can he be wrong?,

85. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

in fact I bet dude doesnt even live anywhere near candlestick park and only watches 49er games when they are televised nationally, relying on espn and nfl network and wikipedia to get his 49er info from

86. By phatalerror on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

“can you deny the flashes of brilliance and explosiveness Kap has that Harbaugh obviously see’s”

No, I never did deny that one out of approximately ten plays, Kaepernick has a constructive play. A flash is just that: Momentary, temporary. Like your arguments: They seem insightful on the outside, but void of any real substance.

“for every single pro alex stat you post someone can post an almost duplicate stat for kaepernick”

Then do it. The problem is, for every measure where Kaepernick’s numbers match or barely exceed Smith’s, you can find one or two other measures where Kaepernick is grossly deficient. And since football is a team game, by necessity you need to look at what the total team accomplishes.

“I bet dude doesnt even live anywhere near candlestick park and only watches 49er games when they are televised nationally”

If I didn’t live near Candlestick Park, it wouldn’t change the validity of anything I said. But for what it’s worth, I grew up in Hayward and have lived within 5 miles of where I was born during my whole life. Can we get on with more meaningful debates now? Debates like, Why are you unable to produce any evidence that contradicts the statements I have made?

‘Harbaugh must know better’ is a cop-out. It doesn’t invalidate anything I have said.

87. By phatalerror on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

“alex smith last in the nfl in comp pct for pas,s,e,s, that go beyond 10 yrds”

And Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have never ranked low on a means-nothing, cherry-picked statistic? What is this statistic intended to prove? That Smith is conservative? Where did Kaepernick rate in this measure? And please source your statistic, because that information is not available in NFL game logs.

88. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Dude you are clueless…its hilarious. Are you now trying to convince us that Kap’s completion % is less than 10%???

89. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Harbaugh knows better than YOU is NOT A COP OUT. Its a statement which highlights REALITY which is a world you do not live in. This may be a news flash for you but Harbaugh has a little (sarcasm) more riding on the right choice than you! He only see’s these QBs in much more accurate and knowledgeable view than you ever will. Are you saying thats not a fact?????

90. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Platablahblah: You make no sense. When someone gives you stats, you say they cherry pick. When they tell you Harbaugh knows best, you say COP out. You are incredibly biased and react like a woman who lets her emotions take over her logic so you can’t really argue with them because no matter what someone says they wrong. HA! Go change your tampon and go shopping..it will be ok.

91. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

We can pull up stats all day long but if you actually watch football and have played football and see all the intangibles of football, I gurantee you most defenses would rather play Alex. Kap is a much tougher QB for them to prepare for and Kap has a much more accurate long ball, avoids sacks much better & can run like a deer. If you don’t see these subtleties with your own eye test without stats or Harbaughs expertise than you really are clueless to football & are incredbly biased.

92. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Give it up man. There is much more to football than copying and pasting numbers from various websites. You will obviously never get what really matters most. Do you know what made Joe Montana the best? It was not stats! It was the subtleties that you will never be able to measure and which is why he was a 3rd round pick just like Brady who was drafted in the 6th round. Try drafting QB’s out of college by just stats and see how successful those teams will be. Why have scouts or why have draft experts analyzing the subtleties? All we would do is have a math geek sort out the stats and draft! You such a clueless geek!

93. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

just as I thought, because he could not find the stat I posted about pa,s,s,e,s, more than 10 yrds he says it aint true,,maybe you should pay more attention to what they are saying on tv during the pre game shows.oh yeah I forgot, your smarter than those guys as well so they cant possibly be right about ANYTHING if you disagree with it

94. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

and NO I WILL NOT GIVE YOU MY SOURCE FOR MY INFO,,,find it yourself know it all,,,its out there for all to see you just have to know where to look, and just because YOU cant find it doesnt mean it is not true

95. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

” but for what its worth, I grew up in hayward and have lived within 5 miles of where I was born my whole life. “,,,,this statement, which could be just fabrication,because there is no format to research the stats that say you HAVE lived in hayward so long,but any way, this statement, leads one to believe that the reason you have lived so close to where you were born is that you are A MOMMA’S BOY,,,which in turn would explain you act like a little b,i,t,c,h,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,

96. By ace on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

guys shut up and join me in SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF OUR LUNGS, LETS GO NINERS, LETS GO NINERS , BEAT THE PACK, BEAT THE PACK, BEAT THE PACKERS,!!! WE MUST AND WILL BEAT THE PACKERS !!!!

97. By tanglung on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

phatalerror and 11years need each other. They make a good couple.(couple of idiots) Go join another team already.

98. By SHIP on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

HAAAAAA! Phatalerror got schooled! I can’t believe he is still trying to protect his ego with all that crying & whining!

99. By ogre on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Alright girls! Time to pull up you shorts and sit at the grownups table. 11 yrs. looks to have brought the family. Now drink the koolaid and repeat after JH: “I know better than anyone!” Things are what they are (cowboy); so time to see if Colin can make it happen-captain. Like the atomic bomb: wasn’t an issue of “whether or not we could- should we have?” Same with Alex- it does matter how you get to a certain place. Not that you just get there. Go Niners!

100. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Im right there with ya ace, but I got to save my voice for sat night @ candlestick,,aside from the 10 guys who are part of my everygame tailgate party im bringing my buddy who’s last 49er game was the divisional round we lost agaisnt the packers @ candlestick back in the 1996 season I believe it was,,he needs ot exocize the demons from that last game he went to,,,,@ SHIP,,,phatalblahblahblah makes it to easy,,every time the mouth opens he/she sticks foot in it,,,L O L,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,49ERS DEFENSE 2012,,,

101. By Hermie on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Yeah, Phalacio ignored my stats too that showed Keap being better in several categories when comparing on equivalent basis. You can get stats to say pretty much anything you want…if you have all day to put them together as phalacio apparently does.

102. By Hermie on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

I would rather root for the “team” to win rather than hope a certain player does not perform to expectations!! And, not go out of my way to “try” and prove one player has better meaningless stats than another!!

103. By gary potter on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

would like to post, but s.o.b that runs blog won’t letme

104. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Hermie..you said it right.

OGRE, I remember you being a lil deuchebag b!tch. Now you coming on calling people girls. Shut your @ss up…like you at the grown up table. Thats the biggest comedic comment of these blogs! I didn’t forget your goofy @ss!

105. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

OGRE is the same dipsh!t who said: “Harbaugh’s move to KAP and the offensive changes made to accomodate his lack of pro= offense knowledge have caused excessive playtime for the defense. In Harbaugh’s endeavor to showcase his “genius”; only his stupidity remains.” Yeah thats what that deuschebad said: He called Harbaugh stupid. PROOF SEE DEC 28th POST by his goofy @ss!

106. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

OGRE actually called Harbaugh stupid & he has the f’in nerve to come on here and say “GO NINERS”! No you don’t get to root for the 9ers b!tch..GO AWAY and root for the Seahawks!

107. By ogre on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Oh Davey G. Did he touch you inappropriately? Always root for the players; not the suits. This is something that they didn’t teach you in K-1. My apology if they left you out of dodgeball. Nowadays, people like to go with the herd. You go boy. Supported the team long before you were a grimice in you daddy’s one good eye. Go Niners!

108. By DYENNY on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

HEY PHATA YOUR RIGHT WHEN HUNTER . AND WILLIAMS WENT DOWN ON THE SAME PLAY THE TEAM CHANGED NO POUNDING BY GORE AND SLASHING BY HUNTER.AND IF EVERYONE WOULD GO BACK AND LOOK AT OUR WINS AND LOSSES WE WIN 2 LOSE 1 . THATS NOT GOOD IN THE PLAYOFFS . SOMETIMES HARBOUGH LOOKS LOST.DAM CUNDIFF NEEDS TO KICK AND IF OUR OFF. LINE CANT BLOCK TO RUN WE DONT WIN AND I DONT GET PAID 6 MILL. A YEAR TO SEE THIS. BETTER GET READY FOR A ROLLERCOASTER RIDE ON WHICH TEAM SHOWS UP.

109. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Davey G???? You need a good b!tch slap you lil cheeseball. You an idiot calling Harbaugh stupid cause of your b!tch emotions getting the best of you because we lost to Seattle with your on and off the bandwagon tirades. Go change your tampon and go shopping cause thats what make lil b!tches happy. HAHAHA!

110. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

I am rooting for a coach who has turned our team to back to back NFC West champions with 1st round byes after over a decade of stupid coaches! Thats a fact b!tch. One F’in loss does not undue that b!tch. Thats the F’in point you emotional cheeseball…Davey G.? WTF? HAHA!

111. By crabber59 on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Dave g. how do you like my hawks now after they put a beat-down on them skins?? In order to play the hawks the niners have to beat GB which might be hard to do. Bow53 what happen to your man RG3?? Looks like my man russ. Wilson just outplayed that one-legged rookie. rookie of the year goes to Wilson hands down over rg3 or luck.

112. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Crabber..we all know the SeaChickens were getting their @ss kicked before RG3 got hurt. So you come on to talk sh!t for winning that way! HA!

113. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Crabber: You know your generic team got lucky. HA!

114. By crabber59 on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Oh bty “GO HAWKS” as Russell Wilson says after each win

115. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

So you think everytime someone slaps your @ss, if you just add a “ey or ie” at the end of their name than you make a point like you did calling Ship Shippie?

116. By DYENNY on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

IGNORE THE SEAHAWK IDIOT WE KNOW HOW TO STOP THEM . WE DIDNT EVEN LET THEM SCORE A TOUCHDOWN . WE PLAY GREENBAY. REAL NINER FANS TALK LOUD. THIS IS THE DRAFT CHAMPION FROM LAST YEAR.COME GET SOME WE WONT SHOW YOU OUR GAME PLAN . GAME DAY POST GAME LETS GET EXTRA SACKS NOW THAT THE SMITH BROTHERS WILL BOTH BE BACK ON FIELD

117. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

OGRE…I suppose you winked at dudes to when you think you said something witty like Davey G? HA! And once again you talk about how you been a fan longer than someone that you have no idea! You such a CHEESE and repeat the same BS! HAHAHA!

118. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

SeaChickens were getting spanked. The only thing that bailed them out was RG3 getting hurt & Crabby knows it!

119. By crabber59 on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

rg3 was hurt before the game moron, he got his knee banged up a month ago and he’s still trying to heal, skins only chance to beat the hawks was to play him.
    Worry about your own team beating the best QB in the NFL next week and then we can talk hawks vs. niners. You 49er faithful just don’t want to give the seahawks credit do you?? They are the”HOTTEST” team right now and they just beat the skins who were the hottest. Hawks will go to ATL. and hammer those dirty birds but i have my doubts about the niners with a QB like Kapernick beating Rogers and the pack

120. By ogre on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Kudos crabber59 Russel is most impressive. Kinda like a little Kapernick?

121. By jamie on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

No sense in worrying about Seattle right now. Im pretty sure they arent worrying about us right now. They play Atlanta next week. We play Green Bay. One game at a time. If we both win and we face em at the Stick in 2 weeks then so be it. We will game plan for them at that time. Right now the focus is on Rodgers and the rest of the pack. That is going to be a huge challenge. Dont look ahead. One play at a time fellas. Let the pregame stress begin!!!!!!!

122. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

So let me get this straight Crabber59: 1) You are trying to convince us that we did not see RG3′s injury get “much worst” after they went up 14-0 and were dominating the 1st quarter??? 2) You are coming on the SF49ers site (not Seahawks) and worrying about us and our team BUT you telling us not to worry about your team. Do you not see the irony here? 3) You calling us morons for what you think we don’t know. Did you really watch the game and did you not see RG3 get much worst? He could not even plant his feet to throw after they went up 14-0? In conclusion: Its amazing how you can call others morons. Do you not see the hypocracy and stupidity of your comments? Its amazing how many stupid people there are in the world. WOW

123. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

And yes we don’t want to give the Seahawks credit because they like the Jets: They talk a lot of $hit, may win a game against the better team in the division but in the end everyone knows they will always be our b!tch like the Jets are to the Patriots! But they need to talk sh!t for someone to pay attention to them..Sherman is like “Hey look at me”. Please like me…I am so mad that no one looks at me AND yes them CB’s both took PED’s and you know it. Browner taking the suspension tells the whole story about them two! They cheat just like their coach at USC.

124. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Now get off our site & to quote a clueless man: “Worry about your own team”! HAHAHAHA!

125. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Then you got people like OGRE who will say anything to appear like he is the father of all knowledge. How in the hell are you gonna keep telling people, “I have been a 49ers fan longer than you….”?

126. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

..like he has everyones “49er fan birth certificate”!

127. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Nothing shows us more in that statement of how OGRE will spit anything out of his a$$ without knowing jacksh!t to somehow act like he knows better. What a joke! HAHAHA!

128. By ogre on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

Its kind of like grade school, jr. high, maybe even highschool ; “The loudest person in the room is the weakest!” Maybe get back to football after davey g. burns out his rant.

129. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

And yeah dipsh!t OGRE: If you really knew 49er history, you would know how vital the head coach is in winning a SB.

130. By dave g. on Jan 6, 2013 | Reply

OGRE: Don’t cry because you keep getting b!tch slapped! Poor lil OGRE, its not my fault you lack intellect and I expose you for what you are. HAHA! I am out of here. Another couple of b!tches slapped! HAHA!

131. By dave g. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

And OGRE (aka Signund Fraud), you say “The loudest person in the room is the weakest!”. Hmmmm where did you come up with that diagnosis? I guess Ray Lewis is always the weakest person in the rooms his in? Once again you prove to pull things out of your @ss that say nothing and mean nothing but “in your mind” they sound good. HAHAHAHA!

132. By mfkram64 on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

hey seahag fan…PLEASE MOVE ON..your hags r dirty period…once the league watch’s the tape of this game next week. u watch how many penalties will be called on them…they play with all this vent up hate and once the refs call some 15yards on them then they will be cooked seahags!!!!anyway getting to blahblahblah dave g. u r the man again…stats,stats,stats, it’s like blahblahblah…his post r so boring i mean i try to read them but i need a psyc. major or something to understand it..and fonsworth said further more blahblah and chad said to willington blahblahblah and blahblahblsahblahblah and so see my stats say it all….lol!!!!!! buzz killington is phatalablahblahblah!!!

133. By mfkram64 on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

by the way seahag fan wilson looked terriable…thank god for lynch picking up that fumble and how many sacks? a grounding call..more fumbled snabs please wilson looked like an avg. qb at best…your d got away with murder and they will pay against the falcons..sherman tauting on every play.. grow up…like watching a bunch of little kids…again dave g is right on. we niner fans don’t give a big FUC$ about the seahags right now..packers r the team to beat this week…u r just like your team looking for attention…go take some adderall and run around the block!!

134. By mfkram64 on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

hey phalatablahblah….we all get u love alex and don’t think it was right to change..but coach made the move and they went 5-2-1 so they be what with alex? so get out from your adding machine and slide rule and wake up…u r a monday morning qb…..it’s here and now..not should have done this or that…they made the move and it is working…if it wasn’t and they kept playing him u would be right…but they r winning that’s the most important STAT! football is a emotional game and numbers mean shi$ on game day…the only number that matters is the score in favor of the niners!

135. By 9erdog on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Sad thing is that coach spilt the 9ers fan base in half, and for what? Nothings changed with Kaepernick at QB! I thought we were a stronger team with Alex at QB and Kaepernick at backup, but the play of either QB has more to with Roman and his playing calling. Few times in the Red`zone Kaepernick looked a lot like Alex very vanilla. I think Romans gone after this season, by by don’t let the door hit ya in the A S S!
    JMHO of course.

136. By 9erdog on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Yes Jamie: one game at a time: the packers didn’t look very good against a team that didn’t have a QB!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

137. By dave g. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Both Packers and Seachickens got a lucky break with easy pickings on opponents QBs. One s@cks and one was gimping. RG3 couldnt run and he could plant to throw after the 1st quarter.

138. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

9erdog you are incorrect, one of the MANY dynamics that have changed as far as the offense is concerned since the switch to kap is the ability to throw the ball downfield to the deep crosses and the deep outs and you’d be hard pressed to find someone, even alex supporters, that would say alex can throw the deep ball as nicely as kap can.

139. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

and you cant use stats to determine that alex can throw just as nice a deep ball as kap can. you have to use the naked eye. kaepernick throws one of the tightest,smoothest spirals in the league,, that is a direct quote from jon gruden during the monday night game against the bears. I have the game on the dvr as well as all the other wins and every pre-season game. thats why I laff at guys like phatalblahblahblah, for all his research and stat postings, you cant debunk the game tape. I can truthfully say I have watched EVERY GAME at least 4-5 times all the way through. rewinding throws,defensive plays, I KNOW OUR TEAM !!!
    and stats cant give you what the game tape can,,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST…SF 49ERS 2012,,,

140. By 9erdog on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Yeah I’ll give you that, Kaepernick does that ! I don’t have a problem with Kaepernick, I just don’t think he’s ready. I really hope I’m wrong, and if I am I’ll be the first to admit it, too all! Sometimes he just looks lost out there, he hasn’t had the time that Wilson, RG111 or Luck has had to grow onto the position.
    But its a done deal I know that, still I just have these feelings !
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

141. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

so then you have no faith huh?,,,and you call yourself one of the faithful,,,shame on you sir,,,L O L,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,SF49ER 2012

142. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

and kap has only had a few games less than the qb’s you mentioned, and he is showing vast improvement much quicker than those guys as well, he has already played some big games on the road AND WON,,I think winning those games on the road go a long way in helping a young qb believe in himself and prepare for the big stage that is the playoffs,,,and its a great thing for kap to have his 1st start in the playoffs be a home game in front of ” THE FAITHFUL “,,, IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST

143. By 9erdog on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

I think 8 games are more then just a few, I don’t see how you can think that half a season isn’t a lot to a young QB, but it doesn’t really matter because here we are. More importantly I think it all falls on the shoulders of Roman, and the game plan he has for Kaepernick? Myself I hope its an aggressive game plan running right at`em, Gore right up the middle LaMichael’s bouncing to the outside. Lets see if they can handle that ? ?
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

144. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

youve missed my point, I will try and make it more clear, it took wilson 8 games to really start making people take notice, unlike rg3 who seemed to get it rigth away, luck has struggled much this year but the kid has excellent stick to it ness, my point is , in less time kaepernick has shown alot of things that should have 49er fans excited and not thinking as long as alex doesnt throw a pick or as long as alex throws the ball away etc. etc. etc. dont try and tell me that when alex began to throw the ball that you didnt think those very same things,.,,hold your head man, dont be so gloom and doom,,,I sure wouldnt want to get into a bar room brawl with you, you portray yourself as the type who would run and leave his friends to the fight,,,have faith, or at the least keep your thoughts of losing to yourself

145. By 9erdog on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

No doom or gloom, I think we’ll be just fine! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

146. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

thats more like it,,,,,,,,,

147. By phatalerror on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

“kaepernick throws one of the tightest,smoothest spirals in the league… you cant debunk the game tape.”

Does it matter how pretty the ball is when the completion percentage is down and the yards per carry is down? No, it doesn’t.

What the game tape that you claimed to watch so many times does show is that defenses are now challenging Kaepernick to win the game by throwing the ball.

148. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

f,u,c,k, you phatal blahblahblah, I now know who your aliases are,,busted,,

149. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

jon gruden said it not me you idiot, now your saying jon gruden doesnt know what hes talking about, what a loser you are

150. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

dont you know by now, that stats and avgs. are a bunch of numbers piled together and totaled? all of your lame a$$ stats dont mean a thing on a game by game throw by throw type of analysis you moron, that is what goes over your head the most, thats why I dont think you even watch 49er football you havent once talked about a specific game. you are a fake, a phony, and I have proof you log in with at least 3-4 names on this blog site. your a pathetic waste of space

151. By phatalerror on Jan 8, 2013 | Reply

No one on this site argues in the manner that I do. I don’t know why you are wasting words attributing someone else’s posts to me. Worry about what phatalerror posts: Those are the posts you cannot contradict.

I have steadily watched as your ability to argue these matters has descended into profane, disjointed rants. Your arguments are like weak coffee: It looks like coffee until you try to digest it, and then you realize it’s worthless.

Jon Gruden was talking about the spiral. Jon Gruden’s words about how a flying ball looks has nothing to do with where it goes, nor was he talking about that. Conceivably, the physics of such a throw when accurately placed should lead to an increased rate of completions, because defenders have less of an opportunity to react to the throw. If Kaepernick’s flying ball looks like one of the best in the NFL, why are Kaepernick’s completion rate and red zone offense together so pedestrian? Because he doesn’t read NFL defenses quickly enough and ends up throwing away the ball or scrambling too often. His numbers have steadily trended downward since his game against the Bears.

The worst thing about it is that when you account for defenses committing to stopping Gore, he is throwing against extremely soft defenses. As a result, he does get the big plays. On occasion. Not nearly as often as the team needs them if the change at quarterback is truly justified.

Enough of you, boy.

152. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 9, 2013 | Reply

phatal, your a f,a,g,g,o,t

153. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 9, 2013 | Reply

you need to go back and re-do your stats idiot, kap has one of the best red zone stats in his last 4 games,,,now what moron?

154. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 9, 2013 | Reply

kaps td to int ratio is better than everyones except arron rodgers in the last 4 games, his 3rd down conversion rate is better than anyones in the last 4 games
    you wanna try again loser? everything you post is a contradiction and when someone proves you wrong you try your hardest to change the subject with book length responses knowing that no one will read it all, not to mention you post on here with 4-5 different names

155. By 49erdefense2012 on Jan 9, 2013 | Reply

and by the way f,u,c,k,f,a,c,e, I wasnt even talking to you with my gruden comment, so why dont you just,,,, f,u,c,k, off

156. By ogre on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

Hey at least you got to F in the alphabet at school while riding the “little bus”.