Morning Tailgate: Dec. 28

Posted by Alex Espinoza on December 28, 2012 – 11:44 AM

As the regular season winds down, the 49ers are starting to fill up 2012 award lists and the NFC Pro Bowl roster. Mike Sando of ESPN.com offered his all-NFC West team and listed 11 49ers among the best players in the division.

Among San Francisco’s players on Sando’s list included wideout Michael Crabtree, who is having a career year in his fourth NFL season. 49ers Public Relations director Bob Lange shared this cool photo spread of Crabtree explaining his ability to make sideline catches to ESPN the Magazine reporter Anna Katherine Clemons.

The rest of today’s Morning Tailgate looks at Justin Smith’s injury, Vernon Davis’ return to practice and more.

Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com passed along comments from Patrick Willis about the 49ers defense without Smith.

Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle noted the select company Willis joined in making six straight Pro Bowls to start his career.

Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee wrote that Willis will look to help fill the void left by Smith.

Cam Inman of the Bay Area News Group, Maiocco and Barrows wrote that Davis has been initially cleared by a neurologist.

Branch and Inman also discussed the impact of Smith on the 49ers defense.

Kevin Lynch of the San Francisco Chronicle spotlighted five players who need to step up for the 49ers.

Jeff Deeney of Pro Football Focus takes a look ahead to the 49ers-Cardinals Week 17 matchup.

Maiocco shared comments from offensive coordinator Greg Roman about the process of calling plays.

49ers.com’s coverage included a look at the star-studded defense, Aldon Smith’s visit with NFL Network, the offense without Mario Manningham and press passes with Roman and defensive coordinator Vic Fangio.

TV49′s CLIP OF THE DAY

Anthony Davis is getting ramped up for the playoffs.

Tags: , , , , , ,

149 Responses to “Morning Tailgate: Dec. 28”

1. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

im pretty sure our defense will welcome brian hoyer to candlestick park with the same intensity as if he were tom brady,although I dont see him having the same kind of success. I expect at least 4 turnovers from our defense and at least 17 points from said turnovers,,I also expect arizona’s defense to play very inspired spoiler type of defense,,,for the 1 half,,after that I expect the game will be well in hand,,and frank the tank will grind on them and then lamichael james will bust a big one for a td,,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,

2. By Man on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

It doesn’t matter what comes out of this game. Kap WILL choke before getting to the Super Bowl, and next year Smith will decimate the SF secondary, because he knows it so well. All you SF fans better pray hard he doesn’t go to ARI or you’re gonna be watching a team other than SF in the playoffs.

3. By 11yearswithalex on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

the year is comeing to an end as well as the niners chances ….with the ram losses and now the sea tur..ds …..

4. By 11yearswithalex on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

niners got the deck stacked against em as the league waved their hand again in our business by makeing us play 2 back to back prime time games wich we have never won …..must all be seahawk fans

5. By 11yearswithalex on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

as well as the injuries we have to deal with new offensive and defenseive coaches next year as well as special teams

6. By 11yearswithalex on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

and our schedule will be even tougher next year with trips to giants pats saints vikings denver and texans ……rams and hawks will be better and have the key to stopping us in our tracks back to an 8-8 record if at all next year ….oh alex thanks for wasteing the one shot we had

7. By 11yearswithalex on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

wow too funny you cant say p.a.s.s.e.r on a football site these guys blow makes the niners look like low budget wastes with these web fools

8. By 11yearswithalex on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

oh and all ye who said payton would suck and get taken out in the first game yeah you were right again as usual as you were with alex …great work guys look forward to more of your knowledge

9. By 11yearswithalex on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

you can bet the cards are going over rams and chickens giants vikings film so unless our offensive coordinator actually does his job and comes up with a game plan instead of running same garbage all the time we will be the worst pick comeing in to playoffs with a ousting in first round after loseing to the cards finishing the season …niners look tired and out of anything new to bring to the table …..sad days for real ….we have lots of picks next year r rrrrrrrrrrrrrr

10. By 11yearswithalex on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

farewell see ya next year

11. By 9erdog on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

“oh alex thanks for wasteing the one shot we had” Please!

12. By JParker on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

I like our chances better now in the playoffs then if we were to get a week off because we never do that well after a by week during the regular season. And I also like our chances at dominating next season because we are loaded with draft picks and the draft is going to be loaded with the key players we are going to need. The dynasty is back.

13. By JParker on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

My mock draft for 2013 based upon team needs and the possibility the player will be available.

1. Alex Okafur………………………….OLB
    2 Sylvester Williams……………………NT
    3 Stedman Bailey……………………….WR
    3. Robert Alford…………………………CB
    4. Shamarko Thomas………………….SS/FS/CB
    5. Mario Benevides……………………..C
    5. Travic Kelce……………………………TE
    6. Zac Stacy……………………………….RB
    6. Dustin Hopkins…………………………K
    7. Blaize Foltz………………………………OG
    7. Brian Mulroe……………………………..OG

14. By Gemi yang on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

I cannot wait for the playoffs, to see if harbaugh’s decision about QB was correct.

Or it’s one of the worst decision made by a head coach in NFL history.

I want to see, I want to believe in Harbaugh.

15. By 9erfansince86 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

1). Are these guys really 49ers fans that post on this because I don’t think they realize the actual pain the 8 years before haurbaugh (B.H.) had brought. I am very happy with the gains we have made and will continue to make. We have a legitimate chance to win the super bowl but there are a lot of good teams out this year. R.J.F just needs to step up with Justin Smith gone and I am sure Justin is helping him do that. This is one of my favorite teams in 49er history just because of the team play and how they all back up their coach.

2). As far as the draft goes,

WR: As sad as it is, I think we might have to release M.M. at WR because that doesn’t seem like an injury that he, as a speed player, is going to get over. I would like to see us get one of those Vols wideouts, especially patterson, he is very big and very fast and as a junior coming from the vols he will probably get slept on. I also hope we keep Randy Moss on the Roster or make him a WR coach, there is no doubt to me the effect he had on the development of Crabtree and Williams. Their play increased huge this year

DB: I also think we need to upgrade at CB, by far our weakest position on defense. Culliver has been playing well but brown and rogers tend to let the big one go. We run a lot of man coverage and having someone like Banks from Miss St or my personal favorite, Rhodes from FSU could be huge. I like Rhodes because he is big and can be a Sherman type shut down corner. He could also play Strong Safety as well. Further down the draft I like Jarmar Taylor from Boise St… Average size corner that plays really smart and has great footwork. I hope we re-sign goldson, he has a huge presence in our secondary

RB: We need to start thinking about RB to replace Frank Gore… I undoubtedly think Harbaugh will make a move to get Taylor from Stanford since he knows him and he is very good at running in a Harbaugh type defense. Monte Ball would be another good option in our offense.

DE: As for DE, there will be alot of Free Agents this year… I would like to see Glen Dorsey come over from KC. He would be a good option to replace Smith and was one of the best DL’s I have ever seen at LSU. However if Smith can make a solid return next year, I think picking up someone with raw physical ability and medium range talent would be beneficial and give them time to be taught by the likes of Justin Smith. Margus Hunt from SMU or Goodman from Clemson would be solid prospects.

16. By 9erdog on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

nothing is going to change me from being a 9ers fan, I was that before harbaugh was born. But I have to say our luck sure has taken a big hit, and it seems to have all started with the change at QB? But you can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube, eh?
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

17. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

thank god 11years with no brain has finally come out of the closet and shown everyone that he has NEVER been a 49er fan,,,but most of us already knew that

18. By dave g. on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

You guys talking about draft already??? You act like you giving up on the season? WTF? Two weeks ago when we tore up the Patriots everyone were all on the bandwagon and we were #1 in the rankings. Now you fools are giving up and thinking draft. How about road to the SB? You idiots expect everything to be perfect! Do you know what the Giants record was last year? Has every SB team been dominant every game? We have as much chance as anyone if not more. What is wrong with you people???? How long have you been watching NFL football?

19. By dave g. on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Eleven, you wanted anyone but Alex. You wanted Matt Flynn & Scott Tolzein. So now you only focusing on Peyton? No one thought Peyton would suck but they did think he was high risk. It does not take knowledge to know he was high risk. It does take knowledge to know Matt Flynn was another Kevin Kolb. Your knowledge has been dead on huh? HAHAHAHA!

20. By dave g. on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Peoples negativity tells us more about them than anything else. These people are losers in life, because the slight hint of a setback in their life they are quitting and giving up. Life is about challenges and setbacks and overcoming the odds to win in the end. Thats what true champions are. Losers in life will never understand that concept and cannot relate which is why they have the view they have at this point. When we win it all DO NOT TRY TO ACT LIKE YOU BELIEVED THE WHOLE TIME. You fools are quitters so you DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO CELEBRATE WITH US.

21. By phatalerror on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

I “believed” before Alex Smith was supplanted on the depth chart. Twenty-eight quarters of Kaepernick has not done anything to inspire confidence; quite the opposite has happened. Look at the NFL Power Polls. Look at this site. Kaepernick reminds me of the Fantasy Players that score 20 points on a semi-frequent basis, and then drop an egg and a nickle over the next two games. Those games contribute to losing fantasy seasons. Those quarterbacks lose in the NFL playoffs. If that comes off as negative, I apologize that you can’t grasp the difference between pessimism and realism. Show me something real, and I will believe. Show me a quarterback that can do more than win a 40-yard dash against Smith, and you will get my attention.

22. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

very,very well said dave g. the road to the super bowl is full of ups and downs,making the joy of winning it that much better. I know at least 5 people who post on this blog that gave up on the season as soon as coach made the move to kap and benched alex, we whooped the pats and they said we are going to win it all then we lost bad to the seakawks and the season is over…I hate those kind of fake a$$ fans. you just know they didnt pay a bit of attention to the 49ers during all the losing years but when harbaugh got here and the team started winning they all jumped back on the fan wagon claiming their allegiance,,I have said all year that I dont care who is throwing the rock as long as we are winning and have a chance at a super bowl title. we are right where we need to be and the playoffs are around the corner,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,

23. By johninchina on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

lots to comment but no posts, what’s up?

24. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

SHOW ME GOD AND i WILL BELIEVE IN HIM,,,see how wrong you sound error? you have no faith and cant possibly be a real fan of this team

25. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

you mean to tell me you pay attention to the media driven power polls?? ok now I know just what kind of a fan you are

26. By johninchina on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

maybe my comments won’t post because i am critical of the officiating, the inconsistent and partial officiating; why wasn’t the guy who hit Vernon up high aiming at his head, suspended, fined and ejected? the refs played into the hands of the “mad” crazed fans in Seattle . . . what a show for the NFL and i remember a post by a lady who went to that game – her first NFL game – as a 49er fan; wow, how disgraceful and disrespectful can people be . . . i am just thankful that our team plays with respect for the opposition players, it is a game, for crying out loud, you’re not supposed to injure a defenseless player and the refs are responsible to enforce that policy, right? And i agree, what’s all the “draft” talk, etc. we are in the heat of the battle to win the division and go into the playoffs with momentum . . . we are missing some parts, yes, and some changes have occurred, but we are “faithful”, right ? Frank, this is your week dude, and you are the “dude”, and Patrick, you inspire all of us, especially your teammates, keep going !!! let’s go beat those “birds” from Arizona !!!

27. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

well said john

28. By phatalerror on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

“SHOW ME GOD AND i WILL BELIEVE IN HIM”

I won’t turn this into a theological debate, but there is more proof that God exists than there is proof that Kaepernick is the best fit for this team in 2012.

29. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

I knew you would not have anything credible to say after my god comment, you have no faith therefore you are ” unfaithful ” and are a kap hater because alex got benched, nothing more than that, wont even matter if kap wins it all you’ll say the defense carried him just like all the alex haters have been saying, your a fake a$$ fan error

30. By phatalerror on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

49erdefense2012:

What makes me a “kap hater”? I hear both sides of the issue. I evaluate. I make a decision. Nothing I said suggests ‘hate’.

The NFL Power Polls do not shape my perception of reality. They only inform me as to how others perceive reality. I do submit there is a huge difference between the two, but as it stands right now, my opinions on the state of the 49ers hold more closely to the NFL Power Poll averages than they do to your opinions.

Instead of balking at my criticism of Harbaugh concerning Kaepernick, why don’t you explain why the 49ers’ victory over the Patriots (why is this an individual game when it suits the fans of Kaepernick?) is evidence of Kaepernick’s competence above that of Smith. I wasn’t excited about the victory then (with regard to Kaepernick; I’ve held that the only thing that causes Smith to start is the 49ers being sufficiently spanked during the regular season, and the elite NFL teams haven’t all cooperated), and the Seahawks loss gave further weight to the evidence that the 49ers don’t win games with Kaepernick where the defense isn’t forcing many turnovers. Instead of presumptuously suggesting I am a fair-weather fan, why don’t you actually argue your case. Numbers, anecdotes, whatever. Something.

31. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

without trying to sound unobjective, I think my point is lost on you, I have suggested you go back and read my posts on the morning tailgate for the last 4 weeks, it would take too long for you to see my point, I am above the numbers game, I am above the stats, I have many times said I dont agree with the switch to kap in some degree, I have also said im no alex hugger, I am however a fan of the team, and wether I feel negative towards one decision or another of coach harbaughs I try and reserve judgement untill the season is completely over. I see a lack of faith from you,your endless bashing of kap stats,your obvious disagreement of coach making the switch,causes you to lose sight of the bigger picture in my opinion.instead of getting behind whoever is throwing the ball, you choose to be bias to it, missing out on the real reason we watch the games, its called enjoyment, the thirll of the ride , wait untill all is lost to cry out how wrong the swithc was ,have some faith that our coach has made the right choice even if in your heart you dont agree with it, if it turns out it was the right choice the thrill will be even more enjoyable, if it turns out that going to kap was a wrong choice it will be something we ” 49er faithful ” will talk about for a long time, for my part, whatever happens from this point to whenever it is our season ends, I know that this year and the last have been the best in the last 10. harbaugh is by far the best coach we have had since mooch and I will continue to believe in him untill he fails miserably,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,

32. By highflight49ers on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Start Alex! Go Niners OORAH !!!!!!!

33. By phatalerror on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Let me open by stating that I believe Jim Harbaugh is the best head coach the franchise has had since Bill Walsh; significantly better than Steve Mariucci or George Seifert. The handling of the Smith/Kaepernick issue is a singular, albeit serious, departure from what I was accustomed to. He was a shoe-in for last year’s Coach of the Year award.

It’s exciting to see Kaepernick break out a 50 yard run. That specific experience has been missing since the Steve Young days.

In general, it’s exciting to watch 49ers games. I want to be able to watch them play in February.

If I waited until the end of the season to express my until-then withheld apprehension about the switch, my opinion would be void of insight: Hindsight won’t even have a value at that point: Alex Smith’s career in San Francisco is evidently already done. If I give my opinion now and I am wrong, my credibility is hurt. If I give my opinion now and I am right, my credibility is measurably improved. If my apprehension is more than a loosely expressed, “I’ve got a bad feeling about this,” my method of reasoning gains respect.

I’d rather the 49ers just win. After that, I hope that Alex Smith doesn’t end up in Arizona, and that’s for his sake, not that of the 49ers. People worried about Peyton Manning being injured his year. He had the opportunity to play for a team with an excellent offensive line. Alex Smith won’t have that opportunity unless some team’s general manager does something totally unexpected. Smith has next to no viable opportunities in the NFL if he doesn’t remain with the 49ers, unless he’s playing for the money, and I don’t see that happening.

34. By ace on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

wow you guys, the past is……past we have to win sunday,lets play like we know we can,it doesnt matter how it happens,as long as we win, this game first, look no furher than sunday,i think we gonna stompem, gooooooo niners !!!

35. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

error you have done way more than just express your opinion, and why are you even worried what others will think of your opinion? we are either right or wrong, I choose to just wish for my team to do their best with who is playing and worry about wether im right or wrong about how I feel about the coach’s choices as pertaining to who plays and starts..thats the first time ive seen you post that you just want the 49ers to win,,,thats what im talking about put all the objections aside, and just root for the 49ers to win…youve made your point,,,over and over again,,have faith, even in kap even if he doesnt look like a polished nfl qn yet, which by the way he shouldnt, but coach has taken a chance on the kid and I think as ” faithful ” fans we owe it to harbaugh to withhold further judgement untill we win it all with kap or fall short, and if we fall short but kap plays well,,,then what?,,,its the excitement of the unknown,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,,

36. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

check out the above post by Gemi yang,,it says it all, short and simple,,,,

37. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

justin smith tells the sacramento bee that he will be ready to play in the playoffs, smith was quoted as saying that is the 49ers host a wildcard playoff game a week from sunday he will play,,he wont be avaiable this coming sunday against the cardinals of arizona but we for sure be suiting up for the teams 2nd straight run at a super bowl,,,the cowboy is gettin’ ready to ride

38. By SHIP on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Harbaugh knows QBs better than any of us. I liked Alex too but if you don’t see the skills Kap has then you an idiot. Its not hard to see that Alex is good but Kap can be great. There are moments when he does things in the course of a game that I defy you to name one QB that can do it. If you don’t want that kind of QB than you don’t see what will be and are missing the big picture. The Seattle game was an entire team collapse. Don’t blame it all on the QB. Seriously you don’t see it???? He has only started 6 games in the NFL and look what you have seen already! Are you seriously that ignorant not to see what he is going to do?

39. By highflight49ers on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Long winded commentary. For not knowing me you take a lot of poetic license SHIP;
    You are the idiot because you don’t football. Why don’t you stick to trading cards?
    What I see you are not proficient in the tactics of football to see. See?
    So you are obviously the ignorant one.

40. By jamie on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

I dont believe that Smith will be back for the playoffs but Im sure Harbaugh wants teams to think he will be. Strategy of some sort I guess. A torn tendon is very painful and causes significant loss of strength. You can rest it and rehab it but ultimatley needs surgical repair. As far as the draft is concerned…they need to draft defense. We have no depth and thats what we are dealing with now. True shutdown corner would be nice. I would like to see them pick up a WR in FA. I dont know who will be available so I cant give an opinion as to who. Im not giving up on this year but I just feel that the QB switch (Im begining to get a bad feeking goin with Kaep in the playoffs now that teams have film on him), offensive play calling, and way too many injuries will do this team in. Win Sunday, clinch division, hope Vikings win…long shot though, get a weeks rest is the best I can hope for. The D needs rest and Gore needs a week to rest because he NEEDS to be the workhorse in the playoffs if were to have a chance.

41. By ace on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

all of you who doubt we will win the superbowl this year can kiss my a s s

42. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

oops it looks like some one slipped up and answered ship in a different screen name

43. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

like always I agree with you 100% ship

44. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

thats the spirit ace

45. By ace on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

thats what fans do we believe we will win,i believe we can and will get the # 2 spot in the nfc, and beat the bears, and then the falcons for the nfc championship, and then the superharbaughbowl !!! woot goooo niners !!!!

46. By ace on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

niners time now !!! right f u c k i n g now!!! am i i gonna be the only one screaming at the top of my lungs ? LETS GO NINERS LETS GO !!!!

47. By ace on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

and if we dont win the sb you can still kiss my a s s

48. By 9erfansince86 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

I can tell this team is an emotional team. You can usually tell in the first 3 drives whether the niners are going to lose it or win it. Look at the Vikings, Look at the Giants, and Look at the Seahawks. All those games I could tell the 9ers were going to lose within 10 minutes of watching based on the emotion the team was playing at. Think about how we have never lost two straight… Something about losing doesn’t sit well with this team lol. I really do believe that this team will be emotionally ready for the playoffs especially after this seahawks whooping. I am very excited and we are in good shape to make a super bowl run despite all the injuries because the young guys continue to step up. Go 9ers !

49. By SHIP on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

highflight49ers: You have proven yourself the idot. WTF ae you talking about? Poetic License? Did I even address you dumb@ss? I think you accidently got on the wrong blogs. You meant to get on Poetry.org. I am sure those guys will be happy to debate poetry with you over tea and crumpets.

50. By ogre on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

one and done: with a loss to Arizona sitting at third seed. One and done. Harbaugh’s move to KAP and the offensive changes made to accomodate his lack of pro= offense knowledge have caused excessive playtime for the defense. In Harbaugh’s endeavor to showcase his “genius”; only his stupidity remains.

51. By SHIP on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Ogre calling Harbaugh stupid? What were you saying after Kaepernicks performance against the Patriots? As much as you may not want to face the reality, Kaepernick did not allow a block field goal and he did not allow MArshawn Lynch to run on him or leave WRs open downfield. OGRE do us all a favor and root for another team. Put your thumb back up your @ss & see how far we would be today without Harbaugh calling the shots. He improved Smith and is improving Kap while you are remaining simmered in your cloud of idiocity. Yeah he was trying to showcase his genius…looks like you doing a great job at showcasing our lack of intelligence. HAHAHAHA!

52. By Humble Gold on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Comments won’t post, IF you are anywhere near the Truth.
    Which makes this site another Phony, and without any real meaning.
    It’s all about whining and dining.

53. By tanglung on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

The 49ers as a team have a real nasty taste in their mouths. They are going to take it out on every team they face through to the Superbowl. The beating they took from the Seachicken is actually going to make them play harder, you all will see.
    I still say the 49ers have something special going on. And stop with the Smith, Kaep talk. Kaep is the MAN and just go with it. GO 49ERS

54. By 9erdog on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

why the personal attacks? thought this blog was for expressing
    options, guess we all have to agree with the loudest here?

55. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

my father once told me, ” if your going to open your mouth to speak, make sure your not saying something stupid, it will be pointed out to you and not neccsacarily in a way that you may like, youv’e heard the phrase,”think before you speak” I try and remember his words every day

56. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

@ ship, it seems like yesterday we were predicting the 49ers draft picks as the draft was happening, you got lamichael perfect and were so close with many others, I remember your saying, we would see kap at the end of the season if coach harbaugh wasnt happy with the offense output in the redzone, you were spot on. yourself and a select few others on this blog seem to have your fingers on the pulse of ” our ” team, I know what the candlestick faithful at this point of the season are feeling,, and that is we are going all the way, you have to believe in something first for it to come to fruition,then the hard work and then the execution
    I believe in coach harbaugh, yes I have second guessed his move to kap, but I believe in harbaugh, he has not done us wrong yet and he wont start to now, for all you non-believers, im sure as soon as we win it all you will be saying you knew it all along and if we fall short of the mark im POSITIVE you will blame the coaching staff, the play calling and the move to kap most of all, for our failures. BUT,,,untill we fail, or just completely fall apart,( thats not going to happen ),,if kap just flat out sucks and totally disinegrates,,,im going to have ” faith ” in our head coach,his coaching staff, and our players belief in each other, to win it all,,dont let the national media sway your beliefs in the team, ignore all the espn and nfl power polls, like steve young said, the only stats that matter are the ones on game day,,,kap and alex have both shown great improvement in their 2nd year of harbaughs system,,thats right they have both been in it for 2 years,,the same amount of time,,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,,,

57. By Buzz Clifford on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Here we go again not using the rookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garrett Celek is a 6ft 5 target for Colin Kaeperneck and will help tremendously.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

58. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I have not seen any inactives announced by our local media here in the city’

59. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

and with vernon doubtful for sunday celek will see alot more playing time, he reminds me of bear pascoe but can catch better and is much faster when running with the ball than bear was,and celek is a much more polished blocker

60. By 9erdog on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I’ve been waiting for this year since 95, and now it feels like the rug has been pulled out from under me/us! And its not just the QB change, its everything else thats happened since then.
    Too many injures too key players, I hope these guys can step up and do the job that being asked of then? But its a tall order for sure, a couple of these players haven’t got any snaps.
    So … One game at a time we move forward ……………
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

61. By 9erdog on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

There is not one 9er fan that doesn’t want the 9ers to win it all.
    Thats a no brainer …….. !

62. By mfkram64 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

o man reading all of these post…..only ones who r true fans r 49erdef,daveg. and ship…..f’in draft picks u guys should go away till march..the qb move r u guys for real? get over it..it’s been how many weeks now? bottom line is they have to take care of what they can control and that is beating arizona sunday…they do that they r at worse 3rd seed hear me u f’in fools…third seed that’s sucks right? give me a break….and just maybe if vikes beat packers they get 2nd seed…that sucks right? u guys r pathetic,, draft picks…qb talk PLEASE! the niners r right there for a division win and a third seed for the playoffs,,,,HELLO! u r al..l i told u so’s except the guy’s i named earlier….dave g… said it in his post….so go get your mock draft sheets out and u guys who just keep knocking coach and kap,,go follow alex to his new team cuz we REAL NINER FANS R HERE WIN.LOSE OR DRAW!1!!!

63. By 9erdog on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Cardinals game will be one of those where they will use every trick play they know to beat us, they have nothing to lose and everything to win. In that respect this will be a very hard game for us, but a fun game to watch.
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

64. By ogre on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

oh shippie; you hurt my feelings. careful of your over-zealous fondling of JH. As with most uninformed people you have committed the weakest of arguements “in harbaugh you trust”. no insight nor inspiration based upon personal analysis; just the obama shuffle “he knows better’. I HAVE BEEN A 49ER FAN LONGER THAN YOU HAVE BEEN BREATHING AIR. got a right to disagree.

65. By ace on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

i dont like unkonwn qb’s cuz you really dont know anything until they do something, but i have a feeling that , that guy is gonna feel like he was thrown to the wolves when he faces our defense, gooooo niners !!!! nfc west division champs on sunday !!!! come on LETS GO NINERS LETS GO!!!!!

66. By The Obviuos on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I as most of you believe in JH and the rest of the coaching staff. They are smart, they want this team to win. And they have a lot more riding on it than any of us – none of us will lose our jobs and millions if the decision is wrong.

67. By The Obviuos on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

What is with this site? I post a long response (insightful, in my opinion:)) and it doesn’t show. Very frustrating, anybody know why this happens? I did the short one first to make sure I was signed in correctly, it post – so I take the time to write something I really wanted to hear opinions about from fans – and nothing.WTF?

68. By Humble Gold on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Have noticed that also…
    Don’t really know the reason, but think it has to do with Truth.
    Not many can handle Truth.

69. By The Obviuos on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Thanks. My post was most about a concern with Kap’s leadership ability. In the Seattle game withy lots of time left in the third he was sitting on the sidelines with his hoodie pulled over his head starring into space. My point was, he seemed to take himself out of the game. Not looking at pics of the D, not talking up the offense, just really doing nothing. I worry that the “moment” seems to get to big for him sometimes and would like to see him – truly being a leader. At least not looking like he has given up. Body language says allot (see: Mark Sanchez). Anyway it was allot more detailed – just wondering if I am the only one who is noticing this pattern when they are down and things don’t seem to be going smooth and easy for him (the team).
    Go Niners!

70. By SHIP on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Obviously OGRE continues to talk out of his anus. First show me where I used the quote you say I said in quotations. 2nd how are you going to tell someone you have been a fan longer than they have been alive when you have zero idea how old I am. 3rd you disagree that Harbaugh is a good coach. Based on what? Being the first coach to give us a winning record since 2002 in his first year? If your opinion is as you said Harbaugh is stupid then it is crystal clear to everyone that your “opinion” proves you an idiot. CASE CLOSED DUMB@SS!

71. By SHIP on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

And Obvious: Why is everything Kaps fault?. The entire team played bad in Seatttle. What is it with the unknowledgeable blaming everything on Kap?. Its either Alex’s fault or Kaps fault. Are you people watching all aspects of the game? The Patriots stage on Sunday night obviously was not too big for him. Open your eyes!

72. By SHIP on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

9erdog…you really need to shut up. You are such an insecure pessimist. Just go away. BTW: And the whole “dog” in your name is corny.

73. By SHIP on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

BTW: Obvious…Do you know how “Obvious” is actually spelled?

74. By Ls1ta99 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

test

75. By Ls1ta99 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

It’s funny how you say something critical about the coaching and it doesn’t get published, what a fraud!

76. By mfkram64 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

SHIP u r right on…9erdog just talks in circles a fence guy like alot of these yahoo’s on this site..if they win they r happy and lose and a “i told u so”..it gets soooo old..harbaugh came here and brought this team a winning attitude and they fed off it and went 13-3 last year..o all u fence riders where on board the coach’s r great blahblah…this year he makes a change and all they do is go 10-4-1 right now in his second year..he proved that last year wasn’t a lucky year…they came right back this year with a good record beating top teams at their houses packers,saints and patriots all by the way have won super bowls in last 8 years or so…so please stop bashing the coach’s….looking at the last 3 games we all knew they needed to win 2 of them well they win today they will have done that and will clinch a division and third seed…again i ask wtf is wrong with that? your new coach brought u to a second seed and now could be a 3rd seed in his first two years as head coach…again WTF is wrong with that??????? as far as 11 years what do u think when u r a top 5 team in the league? u r going to get alot of prime time games idiot….stop complaining it’s stupid…

77. By dazaster on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

On my way to the game. this would have been even greater if my uncle James was still with us. R.I.P. we love and miss you. lets go 9ers, win this for him.

78. By tanglung on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

After the 49ers win today, All the fair wheather fans will be happy again.

79. By tanglung on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

dazaster, Enjoy the game you lucky dude. I haven’t been to a 49ers game in awhile.
    May your uncle James rest in peace. God Bless

80. By 9erdog on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

I watched the whole game! NOT like some that turned the game off at half time.
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

81. By 9erdog on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

@Humble Gold: isn’t that the truth, eh?

82. By Ls1ta99 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Why is it that if you question something your not a true fan? WTF kind of pinko commie bs is that? I question many of my kids decisions but that don’t mean that I still don’t support them. Why did we tie with St. Louis because that wasn’t A. Smiths fault. And how did we then follow up a tie with a loss to St. Louis? Does that mean I’m not a fan for questioning Harbaughs decisions. Why was Kaepernick not prepared well enough when he went into Seattle? That all rests on the coaches shoulders.

83. By Ls1ta99 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Oh yeah, just a thought but a loss today and a seattle wins means that the niners are a wild card team and will probabaly have to go back to Seattle to play and believe me, those tree huggers will be even louder than last time. Just some food for thought.

84. By 9erdog on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Agree with us or else …….. talk about being insecure, not being to handle an opinion other then their own!

85. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Ls1ta99, I am glad you asked. Do you call your kids stupid for not always doing what you want? If you do then you a sh!tty parent. Ogre actually called Harbaugh stupid. YES I have a problem with that and a true 49ers fan should have a problem with that. There is NOT one coach in the NFL who always make good coaching decisions (Walsh, Belichick, etc.) but as a fan you understand that and you appreciate what they have done. Question..sure BUT call stupid…HELL NO! Do you call your kids stupid? STF until you make a good point.

86. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

And Ls1ta99…have you been under a rock. True 49er fans knew the playoff implications right after the loss last week. The food that you want us to think about has already been digested now for over a week. Where does this character come from? GEeez. Did you just catch that in a pregame show?

87. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Anyone can have an opinion but if you gonna say something stupid and you get called out on it then don’t cry…”oh I can’t give my opinion”? Its like the idiots who give speeches on racism and then cry out free speech. Yeah its free speech alright but if you say something retarted are we suppose to zip our lips and not comment back on how stupid your comments are? Yeah you have free speech but we gonna expose you for being an idiot when you don’t think before you speak. Thats our free speech back to you morons.

88. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Oh and BTW: I remember very well after the 1987 season and the beginning of the 1988 season when many ‘SO CALLED FANS” with free speech was very critical of Bill Walsh in the San Jose Mercury News (yeah before blogs). We had lost to the Vikings after a 13-2 season and started 6-5 the following year and Walsh was being lambasted. I STOOD UP FOR HIM AGAINST IDIOTS LIKE YOU who were more than happy to celebrate when Taylor closed out SUPERBOWL 23. Its the same BS with you so called fans who will be happy to celebrate and act liuke they knew all along. Your opinion? STFU

89. By 9erdog on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

@Ls1ta99! i could almost agree with your post, but come-on!
    pinko, tree hugging commie? you made me spit my coffee all over the keyboard, oh-well we agree to disagree, I guess?
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!
    ps: you bring back ‘OLD’ memories, House of un-American actives, tail gunner-joe. Black listings. Those were dark days in
    San Francisco, you were joking, eh?

90. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

If you think Harbaugh is stupid then you tell us which coach out there would do better than him.. Who you OGRE?, you Ls1ta99? THat profession is not an easy one but what Harbaugh has done for us in his 2nd year is simply amazing and if you don’t appreciate the magnitude of that than you just stupid.

91. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Idiots like you are the reason Walsh retired prematurely after that SB 23. The poor guy was beaten by you idiots and he was burnt out.

92. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Bilichick lost 2 SB’s but has never taken the abuse from his fans like Walsh did.

93. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

How is these negative attacks and opinions supportive? Yeah support your kids that way and see what happens. Oh but you got the right to your opinion. You need to be slapped!

94. By Ls1ta99 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

You are gonna call someone you do not know stupid…HMMMMMMM. Obviously I have touched a nerve. NICE I LIKE THAT. So what does that say about you? Probably your lacking somewhere since you have to make yourself feel as though your are above others. We are IDIOTS for having doubt in a coach… a coach who himself actually was below average at the biggest position in the NFL. A coach who should have known better than to take a cluless rookie into the loudest stadium in the NFL who is right now playing the best they have ever played in thier lives. I’m an idiot for questioning his calls because I believe he knows he has made a mistake but doesn’t want to admit it because it would look bad on him. I’ve made mistakes and I’ve learned from them but I can admit when I am wrong. The loss to Seattle was solely on Harbaugh as he didn’t have his team and his QB ready. PERIOD!!!!! You can try to argue but you can’t. I will still support him but I am still going to question him too. I don’t follow anyone blindly as you yourself do!

Question Harbaugh and your and IDIOT… get real !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question the Niners and your not a real fan… Thats some serious pinko commie BULL S@#T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

95. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

We are considered one of the top teams in the league with as good of a chance as anyone to win a SB. Who do you think we should be thankful to have for that? Who? We were a joke before that with 3 offensive coordinators in 1 season and not a winning season since 2002. We were considered an easy win on teams schedule. DO YOU EVEN GRASP THAT CONCEPT? You should be grateful to have Harbaugh. Decisions wont always be perfect BUT Think about the alternative. ARE YOU F@CKING PERFECT Ls1ta99 & OGRE? People like you make me sick. I wish you would go to another team.

96. By 9erdog on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

if you’re talking to me? I’m not crying, just asking ?
    Myself I never once called coach stupid or came down on Kap, Just a fact! and only time will tell how well Kaepernick will hold up to the pressure’s of playoff caliber teams. I hope he handles it and takes us to the SB. Just about time for #6!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

97. By Ls1ta99 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Oh yeah, one more thing. I didn’t have to watch any pregame show to know where the Niners are standing. I follow football and I actually watch the games unlike some of you do. I have enough Seahawk fans around me calling me letting me know everyday where the teams stand. I would love nothing more than to see San Francisco win it all or at least knock the Seahawks out of the playoffs so these fools can come back down to reality.

98. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Then why you telling us food for thought like its a news flash? You obviously just realized it. We all know the playoffs implications and have for over a week now?

99. By 9erdog on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

@daveg; let me ask you a question? do you think that the QB change may have caused a riff in the locker room?
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

100. By Ls1ta99 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Just out of curiosity, how much does Harbaugh pay you to SUCK HIS D>>>!

101. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Did Harbaugh overthrow an open WR in the end zone on the 1st series? Did Harbaugh have his field goal blocked and ran back for a TD? Did Harbaugh get Justin Smith, Manningham, Vernon Davis knocked out of the game? Who takes credit then for the win over the Patriots? Not Harbaugh right. STFU uninformed loser!

102. By Ls1ta99 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

The food for thought you complete Imbecile was for those who are misguided into believing the worst that could happen is the 3rd seed with an Arizona loss!!! You seriously need to seek some sort of mental health help. You sound like someone you is going to go postal in a shopping center.

103. By Ls1ta99 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Have a great day;)

104. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Ls1ta99, you use words like Pinky Commie, tree huggers, suck his <<< and you think I am the postal one??? I am sure your kids would be proud of you intellectual comebacks. You sound more like a Raider fan. HAHA

105. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

And we all know when you said “food for thoughy” you thought you were laying some knowledge on us. WRONG..we already knew dumbss! You clueless but trying to act knowledgeable. HAHAHAHA

106. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Ls1ta99: My great day will be the 49ers winning. Your great day will be not to lose anymore brain cells from all the alcohol you drank for breakfast & lunch ; )

107. By The Obviuos on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

I didn’t say it was all Kap’s fault – read what I wrote. And in NE, the moment did get to big for him. How many times did he fumble the snap? Don’t want to hear the ball was wet either. It was the same ball and conditions for Brady, didn’t see him mishandle the most basic thing a QB needs to do every time. It was a question about leadership. I know this is a team game – I played it (& yes after high school)
    My apologies for the typo….must be nice to never male a typing error.

108. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

The “Obvious” is what you naming yourself and you continue to get it wrong. That’s not a mistake or a Typo! Thats what you continue to call yourself dumb@ss. Thast just ignorant. How can you try to make a point when you can’t even get your name right? You comparing Kap to Sanchez. Kap threw 4 TDs and outplayed Brady! You gonna focus on the snaps in that game? WE WON THAT ONE DUMB@SS!

109. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

With “Fans” like you people, who needs haters & critics? You people are losers in life who expect us to beat everyone by 30 points or we s@ck! You have a rediculous idea and concept of what the NFL is and how teams have to constantly readjust based on strategy, injuries, player errors, crowd noise, team familiarity within divisions and everything else involved. You have zero concept of reality and expect Madden like points scored all the time. Do you realize the Falcons and Texans both lost today? Thats the NFL.

110. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Go to the site above an dlook what this Robert Bazlen wrote about 49er fans! It because of some of you up-and-down pessimistic fans that makes him right about many of you dumb@sses. You idiots like 9erdog, OGRE and mLs1ta99 make us look bad! BTW: Packers and Seachickens are struggling right now! So much for Seachickens being flavor of the week. Up and Down you people go on the roller coaster of the NFL and you miss the big picture. Just blame blame blame is all you wanna do!

111. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

No what have I been saying has been the problem while you all wanna blame the QB change? KICKING KICKING KICKING!

112. By 9erdog on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

oh I see you can but the blame on who you want too and thats okay? I don’t se it as ‘just’ the kicker I see it as the whole team!
    We’re in the playoffs and that about it …
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

113. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

The kicker has actually cost both Rams games and that is a fact. DO YOU NOT SEE THAT DUMB@SS? Do you understand the difference with a place kicker?

114. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

The team moves the ball and its placed for the place kicker to just make kicks. The kicker has missed those valuable kicks when it has been placed! How can you even begin to debate that dumb@ss?

115. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

I am all about loyalty but Akers has not been the same ALL year. Is everyone taking crazy pills?

116. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

When you lose a game by 30+ points, its the whole team. When you lose games based on missed field goals….uhm guess who’s fault.

117. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

WE GET #2 SEED AND WE GET 1 WEEK OFF NEXT WEEK TO HEAL AND PREPARE! HAHAHAHA! TAKE THAT SEACHICKEN FANS AND THOSE WHO ARE DOUBTING KAP! HA!

118. By dave g. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

How’s that Ls1ta99 & OGRE with us having a stupid coach? What a bunch of morons.

119. By kram on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

i love it dave g.!!!!!!f’in fools….second seed again…they took care of business and the vikes took care of the rest AWESOME! so to u all who doubt the coach’s and kap…go like a new team….rest up for a week and get a home game..nice job this year coming back and winning the division and a second seed AGAIN! by the way pahatelerblahblahlah give me some more stats…..

120. By Hermie on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Whoa, Whoa!!! The only way this Sunday can get any better is for the Cowgirls to lose tonight!! 9ers took care of what they had to do. A week off to get Justin back into the line-up is key!! We need him.

Did you notice how the offense took off once Frank got going. Need to get him 20 or so touches a game!!

After the first three series the offense settled down and did fine.

Hate to say it as I have been reserved about it, but Akers has to go!!

121. By Hermie on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

dave g. you have to excuse some of these bloggers…ala Ogress alia phalacio!!

122. By Hermie on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

9er dog…ask crabtree who he prefers QBing!! Wanna wager on who he would say!! We already heard Vernon…the handcuffs are off!!!

123. By 9erfansince86 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

I also like the pinko commie stuff… Is it 1984… I heard were funding Iran Contras again!!!!

124. By 9erfansince86 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Also, WE WIN, AND GOT GOT THE 1st Round BYE! HARBAUGH IS AWESOME, KAEPERNICK IS AWESOME, GOOOOOO 9ers!!!!

125. By Hermie on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

9ersfansince86…glad you were wrong in this game…we looked terrible in the frst three drives and then both offens and defense woke-up

126. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

home from the game, what a day, we fans were allowed to stay after the game and watch the vikings beat the packers, on the jumbo tron,,,,WE ARE THE #2 SEED,,,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,like I been saying ALL YEAR LONG,,
    AND AKERS HAS got to go,,we cannont take that dude into the playoffs with us he cannont be relied upon. I also wanted to add that when alex smith came into the game candlestick park erupted with chants of lets go alex and alex smith and we want alex,,,I also noticed while we were tailgating all of the brand new kaepernick jersey’s that seemed to be everywhere,,obviously alot of people got them for xmas,,,I just thought it was funny because during the game it could be well heard,,c’mon kap, lets get it done, and ck7 throw the bomb,,,and then when alex took the field, well I already told you what happened. leading me to the conclusion that most of us fans dont care whoi is throwing the rock as long as we are winning,,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,49ER DEFENSE #1 2012

127. By Hermie on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

11yrs…I used to agree with some things you said disagreed with other…now you ARE just being and idiot!!

128. By Hermie on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Nice story 49er”D”…I can only wish I could have been there!!!

129. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

ship, dave g. mfkram64, kram, hermie,ace, tanglung, thank you for your undying ” faith ” in ” OUR TEAM “,,,you guys will always have a spot at my tailgate parties. you have unwavering faith and believe 100% in our head coach and his staff. IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,,ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPER BOWL,,,the only doubts I may have is with our KICKING GAME!!!!!!!!its very bothersome watching akers struggle

130. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

BUT, any doubts I may have with the kicking game, I have faith that coach harbaugh will correct them before the play-offs,,,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST,,,S.F. 49ERS 2012 NFC WEST CHAMPIONS 2 YEARS IN A ROW,,,how great does that sound,,,before harbaugh got here, me and the guys I have tailgated with for the last 10 years wondered when we would ever get back to the playoffs,,,coach harbaugh has restored the winning attitude and it shows with his players, I will not say coach harbaugh has restored the faith within the base because I never lost mine….a 49er fan till I die,, through all the good times and the bad times, a 49er die hard till the end.,,,,cant wait for the website to post coach harbaughs post game locker room speech,,,,,

131. By 9erfansince86 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

I wouldn’t say I was wrong. The 9ers D played well all game. Did you see the field position that the Cardinals were getting in the 1st QTR…It was amazing we held them to two field goals. The offense usually starts off slow. We get real conservative when we’re playing deep in our territory. Which some may debate as good or bad… but at least we don’t turn it over close to our end zone that often. Anyway can we stop all the bickering and be happy that our Team is in the playoffs and with a 1st round bye to boot for the second consecutive year… Its been tough cookies being a 9ers fan before Harbaugh. Especially after getting used to winning so much during the 80′s and 90′s

132. By 9erfansince86 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Also, It was very cool to see the crowd pay its respect to Alex Smith at the end of the game. Although I agree with the move it was a tough break for someone that proved to be so resilient!

133. By SHIP on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Right on 49erdefense! Ls1ta99 & OGRE lost the faith and they make loyal 49er fans look bad. All coach Harbaugh has done is lead our team to a first round bye with another great chance to win it all. Where were we before Harbaugh? No team can be perfect all the time but at the end of the day Seattle is behind us in the standings yet again since Harbaugh has been the coach. Just because they won a game at home that overall just got out of hand, there are people who lost faith…BUT it was just a game in the grand scheme of things. We rest and heal, work on our kicking game (Akers or someone else) and gear up for our next opponent in 2 weeks. Kaepernick bounced back nicely and I really do want to see Akers do well becuase we all know he needs to improve and be the guy he was last year. We need you David…common man.

134. By 9erfansince86 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Fact: For the next two weeks David Akers should be kicking field goals from dusk till dawn, every day

135. By SHIP on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Agreed 9erfansince86. I like Akers and I want to win it all with him. BTW: Harbaugh becomes the 8th coach in NFL history to win division titles in each of his first two seasons. Yeah…thats in NFL HISTORY. Hows that for a “stupid” coach OGRE and Ls1ta99? HAHAHAHAHA!

136. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

man I agree that the kicking game needs work, but after today’s performance by akers, and the HUGE booing he recieved, I gotta wonder about the guys confidence, I mean he might end up trying too hard and miss even more kicks,,and realisticly, can we even take the chance and hope that he will pull it together DURING the next play-off game? I think prudence DEMANDS we at least bring in someone else to fall back,,anyone agree?

137. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

I truely believe that last year was akers prove the eagles wrong season and his determination to prove the eagles front office wrong drove him to over-achive last year and this year we are seeing the reasons that the eagles let him walk, I mean,yeah,the guy has an injury that,” he is working through ” according to coach harbaugh, but at this most important of times,,” THE PLAY-OFFS “,,I myself dont want to take that chance that akers will pull it together in time to make those most crucial of field goals in the playoffs, I mean almost all of his kicks the last 3-4 weeks seem to all be pulling to his left . but whatever coach harbaugh goes with I will have to just have faith that it will all work itself out,, and if coach sticks with akers I know I wont be the only one holding his breath,,crazy times,,,GO 49ERS,,,IN HARBAUGH WE TRUST !!!!

138. By dave g. on Dec 31, 2012 | Reply

We have tried out Nate Kaeding and Billy Cundiff so I know we have brought in other guys. What ever happens it will be a critical decision that I am sure the entire coaching staff is monitoring. I think the Dolphins signed Kaeding which leaves us Cundiff. Yeah he is the guy who missed a crucial 32 yarder against the Patriots last year that cost them a trip to the SB. Ahhhrggg! Who else is out there?!

139. By dave g. on Dec 31, 2012 | Reply

He cost the Ravens a trip to the SB.

140. By dave g. on Dec 31, 2012 | Reply

Top Free Agent Kickers as of Dec 17th:
    1. Nate Kaeding
    2. Ryan Longwell
    3. John Kasay
    4. Billy Cundiff
    5. Neil Rackers
    6. Justin Medlock
    7. Dave Rayner
    8. David Buehler
    9. John Potter
    10. Garrett Lindholm

141. By phatalerror on Dec 31, 2012 | Reply

This is to acknowledge that I saw the game. The Vikings bought back a loss for the 49ers, and the Cardinals played as a dispirited team could be expected to play. It’s good that the 49ers got the playoff bye. If the Falcons play like they usually do in the playoffs, the 49ers may get two home playoff games. Of course, that starts with winning a first.

142. By Hermie on Dec 31, 2012 | Reply

If Kasay is out there, he has always been fairly steady and consistent. Has been good at long distances over the years.

143. By tanglung on Dec 31, 2012 | Reply

Slow start to a nice win. 49ers have two weeks to get healthy/ready for the road to becoming the SUPERBOWL champs again. Can you say #6. I can.
    I would like to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR and be safe. (Even 11years with not many comments lately.) BIG SMILE :-}

144. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 31, 2012 | Reply

why not bring back the kid from the preseason, his name was tevechieeo,,he was booming 50+ yard feild goals,,im sure he is available

145. By 49erdefense2012 on Dec 31, 2012 | Reply

somewhere above somebody said that harbaugh played at a below avg. level when he was a starting qb. I think that person needs a history lesson. 1st, most qb’s who are drafted #1 overall never really live up to their draft hype., in fact, I can only think of 3 right now, john elway, andrew luck and RG3,,and that is in this modern era of football,,,2nd harbaugh played pretty good with ups and downs and then went on to lead the colts on a magical playoff run and in doing so earned himself the comeback player of the year award,,that is not below avg type of play that wins you that award, 3rd, when pete carrol announced that wilson would be the starter instead of highly paid matt flyyn most so-called experts called the decision not very smart A.K.A. stupid,, for giving an unproven rookie the starting job at the hardest position in the nfl to play, wilson struggled badly at first, hence the whole seakawks couldnt win on the road, but as the kid got more playing time he improved dramaticly,,so why cant kaepernick achieve the same kind of success. so to the person who made the comments im posting this about I dont think you yourself were being called stupid, just your analysis of the whole qb change and harbaughs coaching methods

146. By 9erdog on Dec 31, 2012 | Reply

Packers lost, we won, Justin gets another weeks rest!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

147. By dave g. on Dec 31, 2012 | Reply

Thanks for the reminder 49erdefense. It was the deusche bag above who used terms like “pinko commie” who names himself “Ls1ta99″. He went on a temper tandrum because he was exposed for his lack of knowledge and flat out for being a tool. Yeah his lack of knowledge on Harbaugh is laughable. A QB that is in the Colts “Ring of Honors” and was nick named “Captain Comeback” and was one bad call away from taking his team to a SB is below average in his book. Oh yeah…and I guess he does not know the position he played for 14 years in the NFL.

148. By dave g. on Dec 31, 2012 | Reply

Its amazing to me how strongly people talk about stuff they have no idea about. Simply astounding that they talk with such conviction without really knowing. Then when you expose them they get all upset when they brought it on themselves by talking about things they know nothing of.

149. By dave g. on Dec 31, 2012 | Reply