Kaepernick Celebrates with Camp Taylor Kids

Posted by Alex Espinoza on December 11, 2012 – 12:20 PM

Shortly after leading the 49ers to their 27-13 victory over the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, Colin Kaepernick celebrated the win with a couple of his friends from Camp Taylor, a Northern California camp for children with congenital heart defects.

Morgan and Ethan were happy to reunite with Kaepernick after spending a fun-filled afternoon with the 49ers quarterback during the offseason. Kaepernick remembered doing arts and crafts and playing in the pool with Morgan and Ethan in the summer, so he was happy to see them again in San Francisco.

“It was awesome to have them come out to Candlestick,” Kaepernick said. “Ethan had heart surgery 12 days before the game and he was out there, showing me his scars. They almost took up his whole upper body and he was out there cheering and having a good time.”

Kaepernick has formed a tight bond with Camp Taylor since being drafted by the 49ers in 2011. Shortly after receiving his first NFL paycheck, Kaepernick quietly donated money to Camp Taylor in honor of his parents, Rick and Teresa, who lost two young sons to heart problems before they adopted Colin.

“Camp Taylor is the organization I’ve been working with a lot because it hits close to home,” Kaepernick said. “For my family, for my parents, I thought it would be a good thing to do out of respect for them and love for them. It’s a tragedy that they’ve gone through and if in any way I can help people going through that or try to prevent that, I want to do anything I can to help that cause.”

For more information on Camp Taylor, visit KidsHeartCamp.org. For all of the latest information from 49ers Community Relations, follow @49ersCommunity on Twitter.

Tags: ,

11 Responses to “Kaepernick Celebrates with Camp Taylor Kids”

1. By badburro on Dec 11, 2012 | Reply

Well done, Colin. Thanks from all Niners fans for being an active part of the community and a role model for these young children. Good QB and a better human being!

2. By Richard Gonzales on Dec 11, 2012 | Reply

That is awesome! I believe when your genuinely there to help those in need, GOD sees that. That is why you are so blessed. Keep up the good work Colin, your doing fantastic. Looking forward to buying your Jersey “7 Kaepernick”. Continue to work hard and I don’t see why you can’t achieve a ring GOD bless you, your family & the rest of our niner squad.

3. By Tiana on Dec 11, 2012 | Reply

That’s so awesome. Go Colin and Camp Taylor Kids!:)

4. By James on Dec 11, 2012 | Reply

Kap’s the man! A big arm, and an even bigger heart!

Beat the patriots this Sunday!

5. By Wayne Standen on Dec 11, 2012 | Reply

Ethan and all the kids from Camp Taylor are true champions and are as tough as any gridiron star. Colin I’m sure will agree. Colin and These Kids have a lot of the same Qualities, Unwavering Determination and Faith. GO NINERS! GO CAMP TAYLOR KIDS!!

6. By Deborah Drake on Dec 11, 2012 | Reply

Thank You Colin for your kind heart….my grandson has had two heart surgeries one 4 days old and another 4 months old…his heart was formed wrong and let me tell you it is heart wrenching to see the whole floor at Childrens Hospital in Phoenix 26 beds with children with heart issues… it is one thing for adults to suffer but babies is another whole spectrum…thanks to Medical Science for our break thrus for these precious bundles of joy….You Rock Colin Good Luck in the Super Bowl!!! Been a Niner Fan Forever…You remind me of Montana composed you NEVER saw Joe yelling or throwing any fits like some today………

7. By Guy on Dec 11, 2012 | Reply

Thanks Colin for all your support. My wife and daughter had a great time meeting and hanging out with you this past summer at Camp Taylor. My wife has since converted to a 49er fan and insists we watch when you are playing.
    God Bless and many thanks.

8. By so.cal49ERSfan on Dec 11, 2012 | Reply

Go Kap! Finaly i get to rock a 49er qb jersey!!!!!!

9. By Regina Arieta on Dec 12, 2012 | Reply

You’re a special person Colin. Your smile is infectious! It’s no wonder that those children had such a good time!

10. By Christi Mascarenas on Dec 12, 2012 | Reply

Thanks for all you do for Camp Taylor! Our family are huge 49er fans! When our daughter, Hannah came home from Camp Taylor this summer and told my husband that she met Colin, he was floored! He wants to be a Camp Taylor kid! What a big heart you have!!!!

11. By Joe Benson on Dec 13, 2012 | Reply

Thanks Colin Kaepernick. You are a all round special person. This article that i read really touched my heart. I am very proud of you. Thanks for being on my team. Iam a Forty Niner Fan for life. GO 49ERS!!!.