The 49ers fell to 8-3-1 after Sunday’s 16-13 overtime loss at St. Louis on Sunday afternoon. 49ers Public Relations presents the following game notes from the Week 12 matchup.
- LB Aldon Smith tied the 49ers single-season sack record, bringing down Rams QB Sam Bradford, giving him 17.5 sacks on the season.
|49ers Single Season Sack Leaders|
- Smith now has 31.5 career sacks. He surpassed Hall of Fame DE Reggie White (31.0) for the most sacks by a player in the first two years in NFL history.
|Most Sacks In First Two NFL Seasons|
- Smith leads the NFL this season with 17.5 sacks.
Justin Tallies Another:
- DT Justin Smith sacked Rams QB Sam Bradford, giving him 3.0 sacks on the season and 75.5 sacks in his career. Since joining the 49ers in 2008, Smith has tallied 32.0 sacks, ranking t-6th in franchise history (DE Andre Carter).
Gore Closes In On Rushing Touchdown Record:
- RB Frank Gore rushed for 58 yds. and 1 TD on 23 carries. Gore’s 1-yd. TD run marked his 6th rushing TD of the season and 49th of his career. He trails just RB Joe Perry (50) and RB Roger Craig (50) for the most rushing TDs in franchise history.
|Most Rushing TDs in 49ers History|
- Gore now has 59 career TDs (49 rushing; 10 receiving), ranking t-5th in franchise history for the most career TDs.
|Most TDs in 49ers History|
Crab Tops Century Mark:
- WR Michael Crabtree tallied 7 recepts. for 101 yds., marking his 2nd 100-yd. game of the season and 5th of his career.
Kap Rushes For Career High:
- QB Colin Kaepernick rushed for 84 yds. on 9 carries. His 84 yds. rushing are the most by a 49ers quarterback since Steve Young rushed for 102 yds. vs. NO (12/23/90).
Vernon Reaches 100:
- TE Vernon Davis played in his 100th NFL game.
Making His Debut:
- LB Michael Wilhoite made his NFL debut.
Extending Their Streaks:
- TE/LS Brian Jennings has now played in 204 consecutive games.
- DT Justin Smith has now started 183 consecutive games, dating back to his rookie season in 2001. Smith’s consecutive start streak ranks 3rd among all NFL players, behind Ronde Barber (211) and London Fletcher (194)
- TE Vernon Davis has now started 87 consecutive games, which ranks 3rd in the NFL among TEs behind Tony Gonzalez (98) and Jason Witten (94).
- C Jonathan Goodwin has now started 66 consecutive games, the 5th most among centers.
- K David Akers has now played in 117 consecutive NFL games, the 3rd most in the NFL among kickers.
- P Andy Lee played has played in 140 consecutive NFL games, 3rd most among NFL punters.
Posted in Announcements | 16 Comments »