• Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 9:00 PM - 9:30 PM PDT The Fiahtful Episode 1 "The Faithful" is a documentary series by 49ers Studios that is truly for the fans because it is the fans. Narrated by two-time Super Bowl champion Dwight Hicks, the show will take fans on journeys into the lives of the greatest 49ers stories that need to be told.

Throwback Thursday: 1990 Title Game

Posted by Taylor Price on November 29, 2012 – 2:16 PM

With 10 regular season games left to play at their historic stadium, the San Francisco 49ers are asking their Faithful fans to vote all month long on their favorite memories at Candlestick Park.

One of the moments to choose from involves this week’s opponent, the St. Louis Rams, who faced the 49ers in the 1990 NFC Championship game when they were known as the Los Angeles Rams.

San Francisco won that game 30-3 in front of 64,769 fans at Candlestick. Two-time Super Bowl-winning coach George Seifert’s first conference championship victory saw future Hall of Famers Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Ronnie Lott all contribute in a lopsided win over the Rams.

Los Angeles scored the game’s first points and then proceeded to watch the home team score 30 unanswered points.

In the process, San Francisco intercepted Rams quarterback Jim Everett three times on the day. Lott, Tim McKyer and the team’s current VP of Football Affairs, Keena Turner, all recorded interceptions in the win.

Offensively, Montana continued his dominance against the Rams. He completed 26 of 30 passes for 262 yards and two touchdowns.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE CANDLESTICK MOMENTS.

Tags: , , , ,

6 Responses to “Throwback Thursday: 1990 Title Game”

1. By matthew bacos on Nov 29, 2012 | Reply

My favorite Candlestick moment was ironically the Beatles’ final concert on
    Monday, August 29, 1966.

2. By Tania on Nov 29, 2012 | Reply

1994 Championship game…being born & raised in Dallas,Tx and being a DIE HARD NIner fan for over 30 years,seeing the Cowgirls get beat so soundly and then the Niners went on to win their 5th SB Ring on my Birthday against San Diego…LOVE IT!!

3. By J.Maz on Nov 30, 2012 | Reply

I’ve been to “The Stick” three times and my favorite moment when i was there was back in 2011 when we played the Giants in November. We won, but at the end it was 4th and goal, giants were going for it to tie it up, Eli throws the ball and its batted down by Justin Smith. Loved it b/c i can’t stand the Giants.

Favorite moment when i wasn’t at the stick, 2011 NFC Divisional game against the Saints, #11 to #85 for the TD. Need i say more?!

4. By mark wilson on Nov 30, 2012 | Reply

I became a 49er fan in 1986 when they had 2 super bowls under there belt as a franchise.. The early games of my niner fan days are special. The 1989 January victory over the vikings in the NFC Divisional playoff game where Roger Craig breaks off a big run for a TD was my favorite because I went into the game pessimistic after losing to the Vikes the previous year when we were heavy favorites. This installed my faith in NINER football and I have been a faithful fan since then.

5. By Tom in NJ on Nov 30, 2012 | Reply

LONG TIME NINERS FAN! I think it would be cool if the players wore 94 uniforms for rest of the year! or during playoffs! Not for nothing other then inspiration for achievement and to honor the 94 players, coaches, staff owner etc. !

6. By nick lambusta on Nov 30, 2012 | Reply

i live in new jersey went to the stick once in 96 nimers lost to cowboys that sucked still love my 9ers hope to get there again and the new stadium also