Statement on Head Coach Jim Harbaugh

Posted by Taylor Price on November 15, 2012 – 11:46 AM

The San Francisco 49ers have released the following statement on head coach Jim Harbaugh:

“Coach Harbaugh is not at the facility today under doctor’s orders. He is having a minor procedure done at Stanford Hospital today for an irregular heartbeat. We anticipate that he will be back at the facility tomorrow, but do not have any further information to share at this time. Assistant head coach and special teams coordinator Brad Seely will be overseeing today’s practice and meetings. When more information regarding coach Harbaugh is available we will pass that along.”

30 Responses to “Statement on Head Coach Jim Harbaugh”

1. By adrian faragher on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

Like coach harbaugh tremendously hope its not too serious and he is figjting fit soon manxman and 9ers fan

2. By Samuel on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

Reblogged this on But at the end of the day… and commented:
    Praying that coach gets back soon.

3. By Sean on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

I hope he’s doing better!

4. By ninerfaningb on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

Get well fast coach!!

5. By Tyrell on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

Get well soon Coach Harbaugh Health comes first. Just like the Colts owner said. GOD . FAMILY. FOOTBALL. In that order. Once again Get well soon.

6. By fullmetalmikey on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

Get well soon, Coach Harbaugh!

7. By johnks44 on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

You are the 49ers Coach, the best in years and years to come; thank you for taking care of yourself for all your family, friends and fans ! We are praying for your speedy recovery and return to the NFL wars . . . get the rest you need !

8. By Mike G on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

I hope he’s doing well but honestly, who is surprised by this? The guy is a mad man.

9. By Bob Hutchinson on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

Prayers for you Captain. I live in NH and I am 38 and had a heart attack in March. You and your family are in my prayers and heart. I hope your heart will be mended. I am a 49er FAITHFUL since 1980 and will always be. Prayers with the healthy and safe return of our Alex Smith as well.

10. By Mike Bartkowski on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

I also want Coach Harbaugh to take the rest he needs, we need him to be healthy going forward. I am going to say a prayer for him tonight that everything goes well for him and his family.

11. By James on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

Mike G,

He may be a mad man, but he’s OUR mad man! I’ll be praying for you Coach, take care of yourself so you can be with us for the next decade at least.

12. By Kathy Mullins on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

Thoughts and prayers with Coach Harbaugh. I know he will be just fine.

13. By Sione Tau on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

Get well soon Coach. Our prayers are with from Melbourne Australia. I’ve been 9ers fan since the 80’s. I use to live Mateo and to school at Bayside Middle school. God Bless you & your family through this time of trial Coach. Who’s Got It Better Than Us? NoooooBody!!!

14. By Randy K. on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

No wories mates! I have atrial fibrillation too, it’s not really that big a deal. Three different possibilities: electro-cardioversion, where they shock you back into rhythm, or cauterizing the central tissue of the heart through the artery, outpatient treatment only, or just leaving it alone and using only medication to treat or regulate the heartbeat and thickness of the blood. Most of us eventually, are just put on medication after afew cardioversion treatments. Again not that big a deal.

15. By Sione on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

yo mate! thanks for the 411 but in Coach Harbaugh’s case he be yelling week in week out. Very emotional guy with his players, coaches, and refs. Just watch him on game days and I can imagine he does the same in practice.

16. By Larry Throneburg on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

Take care Jim. I’m pretty sure I remember coach Ditka saying you were the toughest player he ever coached………..but I know you’ll listen to the docs. Gina and I wish you the best!

17. By gary potter on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

i believe the procedure is what i had. they put you out and use a defilibrator not sure of the spelling, most of time only takes 1-2jolts to get the heart beating normally. if this is it he should be allowed to go home this evening. good luck coach JH

18. By jasonxflash on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

May God heal you soon.

19. By Jeff on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

As a fan of the 49ers my prayers go out to Alex and to “The Head Ball Coach” Coach Harbaugh but even more so my prayers go out to them as a person. Coach thank you for making me remember the good old days of 49ers football. Get healthy soon. 49er fan for life!!!!!

20. By Julie on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

Wishing you the best; take care of yourself as your family and fans want you around for a long, long time!

21. By Ted on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

I hope everything is OK,best wishes Coach!

22. By trueninerfan49 on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

God bless u coach and all the other’s having any condition.Football is so important to us all but your health and other’s health is much more important.
    You take care coach, there is none better then you and i know stanford has awesome doctors, I live very close to memphis tn, was born and raised there so a true niner fan i am, I know here in memphis we have the med and St jude’s hospital, so I know your in great hands and please don’t stress coach your men will get the job done…..take care coach can’t wait to see you on the sideline.
    Go Niners Red and Gold…..And coach nobody has it better then us…were blessed to have such a great coach and orginization.

23. By alexfnsmith11 on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

hmmm…..no………….its football,family,then god

24. By chuck corona on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

coach harbaugh i’m sure you’ll be fine.Your tough….I’ll post a extra sign,for good measure. lol.

25. By mullerfaithful49ers on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

coach u are in are prayers and hopeing everything goes well missing ya already

26. By Albert on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

Coach..we the fans wish well! Your the Heart and soul of this team! Hope you come back soon..need ya coach!

27. By JPEREZ on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

Get well soon coach!

28. By WILLIAM G.O'NEILL JR on Nov 16, 2012 | Reply

COACH HARBAUGH. WISH YOU A SPEEDY & FULL RECOVERY.
    THERES A DR LAWRENCEI.ZAROFF WHO TEACHES AT STANFORD. WELL DR. ZAROFF PERFORMED OPEN HEART SURGERY IN 1962 50 YEARS AGO IN BOSTON.I WAS 23 THEN. NOW 74 YEARS OLD & STILL GOING STRONG. I WOULD RECOMMEND DR.LAWRENCE I.ZAROFF AS A CARDIOLOGIST FOR YOU.HE’S THE BEST.

BILLY O’NEILL JR.

29. By songdog on Nov 16, 2012 | Reply

Thank You coach Harbaugh for bringing the 9’ers back to relavince. Now is the time to take care of yourself for your family. You have built a good staff and I am confident that they can continue what you have started, so take however long you need for a full recovery.

30. By bigearl on Nov 16, 2012 | Reply

Coach Harbaugh our prayers for your health and speedy recovery is with you , hope to see soon on the field , miss you on the practice field.