New Stadium Aerial Photo Gallery

Posted by Alex Espinoza on November 9, 2012 – 11:59 AM

Less than seven months since the historic groundbreaking ceremony in April, the new Santa Clara Stadium steel structure is already nearing completion.

Recent photos taken via helicopter reveal the construction progress on a grand scale. View the photo gallery here.

The future home of the San Francisco 49ers is rising rapidly next to team headquarters, as precast concrete has now been installed to house seats for the 2014 season. Team President Gideon Yu has witnessed the new stadium being built from the ground up and is looking forward to the next chapter of the proud franchise.

“It’s incredible. I’ve been here now for almost two years, about a year and a half, and it was still then a dream that we’d get this done by ’15, not 2014,” Yu said. “And so by the time we got the financing done and now we’re six months past the actual groundbreaking, it’s amazing to see how fast this thing comes up. Think about this – 80 percent done with the steel in sixth months – that breaks all sorts of crazy records set by our (construction) team that’s already doing this.”

Tags:

10 Responses to “New Stadium Aerial Photo Gallery”

1. By bow53 on Nov 9, 2012 | Reply

its getting there………….

2. By Rich wang on Nov 9, 2012 | Reply

How can I buy tickets to the new stadium?

3. By Vortex on Nov 9, 2012 | Reply

Simply beautiful

4. By 49er Bill on Nov 9, 2012 | Reply

I think I just popped a semi. Build baby build!

5. By Kenny on Nov 9, 2012 | Reply

Eagles fan from SoCal here and I cannot wait until this stadium gets built so I can drive up there and view the stadium whenever my Eagles come by. CANNOT WAIT!!!

6. By Jack on Nov 9, 2012 | Reply

It’s looking great!

7. By markofetti on Nov 10, 2012 | Reply

great that the new building is going up. greater that those men have work. doing great work. thanx santa clara

8. By E Gates on Nov 11, 2012 | Reply

Wow can’t wait for this new stadium. The 49ers deserve it . Go NINERS

9. By E Gates on Nov 11, 2012 | Reply

I will fly from jersey to the new stadium to see them play.cant wait

10. By zevo49 on Nov 12, 2012 | Reply

SORRY FOR THE UPPERCASE LETTERS BUT I HAVE BAD EYES. HERE IS MY ONLY CONCERN ABOUT THE PROGRESS AND THE RAPID MOVEMENT OF THE STADIUM COMPLETION, THE SAFETY OF ALL AT THE STADIUM FROM WORKERS TO FANS WITH SAN FRAN BEING EARTHQUAKE HELL, ARE WE FOLLOWING ALL THE SAFETY GUIDELINES ACCORDING TO SPECS. WHO IS THE SAFETY TEAM DIRECTOR AND HIS STAFF AND IS ALL PRECAUTIONS BEING TAKEN TO ENSURE THAT THE STADIUM IS GOING UP PAR TO CODE AND THAT WE CAN ALL BE SAFE WHEN WE ENTER THE STADIUM. MY SON AND I WILL BE FLYING OUT FROM GROTON CT NEXT YEAR FOR 1 GAME AT THE DEPARTING OLD (STAD) AND 1 GAME IN 2014 AT THE THE NEW DREAM STADIUM AND I DON’T WANT TO GO THROUGH WHAT THE COWBOYS DID AFTER THEIR STADIUM OPENED FOR THE FIRST TIME….GOOD JOB NINER’S ON GETTING A NEW STADIUM THAT IS LONG OVER, OVER DUE…..NOW I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE NEW UNIFORMS TO OPEN THE NEW STADIUM……..1 LAST THING IS WE GOT TO SEAL THE DEAL ON #38 FOR HIS REMAINING CAREER IN SAN FRAN……CUT AND DRY….BOOK-IT-YORKIE-HARBAUGH AND BAALKE. GOLD STONE HITTER IS A BEAST ON DEFENSE. GOLD STONE IS A RONNIE LOTT STUDENT AND EVEN THOUGH HE DOESN’T HIT AS HARD AS LOTT IT IS HARD TO TELL THEM APART.