#Vote49ers to the 2013 Pro Bowl

Posted by Taylor Price on October 23, 2012 – 10:41 AM

It’s officially voting season for NFL fans.

As of early Tuesday morning, polls are open for fans to select players to the 2013 Pro Bowl, set to be played on Sunday, January 27, 2013 from Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Vote as many times as you’d like from now until Dec. 17. The results will be announced Dec. 26 at 4 p.m. PT on NFL Network’s “Total Access.”

This year, the San Francisco have many deserving candidates worthy of inclusion on the Pro Bowl roster.  Eight players represented the 49ers in last season’s All-Star game. Currently, 13 players have Pro Bowl experience (David Akers, Leonard Davis, Vernon Davis, Dashon Goldson, Jonathan Goodwin, Frank Gore, Brian Jennings, Andy Lee, Randy Moss, Carlos Rogers, Justin Smith, Joe Staley and Patrick Willis).

The AFC and NFC All-Star squads are based on the consensus votes of fans, players and coaches. Each group’s vote counts one-third toward determining the 43-man rosters that represent the American Football Conference and National Football Conference in the Pro Bowl. NFL players and coaches will cast their votes on December 20-21.

The NFL is the only sports league that combines voting by fans, coaches and players to determine its All-Star teams. It was the first professional sports league to offer online all-star voting in 1995.

Last year, Staley put together a classic episode of “The Joe Show” with several NFC standouts.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

22 Responses to “#Vote49ers to the 2013 Pro Bowl”

1. By valerie freeman on Oct 23, 2012 | Reply

I would love it a lot if Davis, Crabtree, and Davis to make it!! Goooo 49ers!!

2. By Brenda Moore on Oct 23, 2012 | Reply

I would like to nominate Jonathan Goodwin

3. By beth on Oct 23, 2012 | Reply

I would liket to nominate Vernon Davis, Patrck Willis, Alex Smith,Frank Gore, David Akers, Kendall Hunter, Terrelle Brown , Carolso Rogers and Dashon Goldson

4. By Mario J on Oct 23, 2012 | Reply

Would like to nominate our QB that will take us to the Super Bowl….Scott Tolzien. We have got to get him in more often then Camperneck. This kid is going to be good if we give him more time.

5. By Real 49er fan on Oct 23, 2012 | Reply

Am I the only person that thinks Iupati deserves to go to the pro bowl??? Geez that man is a beast…hands down the best LG in the NFL!!!!

6. By JParker on Oct 23, 2012 | Reply

I nominate Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman

7. By JParker on Oct 23, 2012 | Reply

Mario, you are so right about Tolzien. The kid is a very good field general with the most accurate arm of the three QB’s. He is perfect for the West Coast Offense. He is also very cool under pressure. What’s also very cool is he wore Joe’s number 16 when he played for Wisconsin.

8. By Mario J on Oct 23, 2012 | Reply

JParker, I’m happy to see that I’m not the only one to notice talent. I don’t always agree with Harbaugh, but if you are going to use 2 quarterbacks to shake things up, why not add another dimension with Tolzien. Time will tell. Let’s just hope we can get back to a more dominating team that can score in the red zone, and not just from beyond.

9. By Mario J on Oct 23, 2012 | Reply

On the topic. I would like to see the Smith Brothers go. Both Aldon, and Justin. Then my man Patrick. Next, if they can, Gore and Hunter. I’d like to see that right there.

10. By Michael T on Oct 23, 2012 | Reply

I will like to nominate Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, and Patrick willis.

11. By nishaw on Oct 23, 2012 | Reply

JUSTIN SMITH

12. By bow53 on Oct 23, 2012 | Reply

PATRICK WILLIS

13. By rjdniner on Oct 23, 2012 | Reply

Jrparker and Mario there is a lot of 49er fans that feel the same way, Alex is the QB until further notice, I nominate all 5 guys up front …..offensive line ….

14. By ThunderCloud21 on Oct 23, 2012 | Reply

V. Davis, J. Staley, J. Goodwin, Boone, M. Iupati, M. Crabtree, F. Gore, J. Smith, Aldon Smith, N. Bowman, P. Willis, D. Goldson, T. Brown, D. Akers, A. Lee

15. By bow53 on Oct 23, 2012 | Reply

my main man NAVARRO BOWMAN…..

16. By 49ers united on Oct 23, 2012 | Reply

v.davis, p.willis, f.gore, r.moss, d.akers and j.smith. (not a lupati fan)

17. By Adam on Oct 24, 2012 | Reply

I would like to nominate the entire starting Offense and defense! They all deserve a pro bowl in my opinion because of how hard they work. Good job Niners keep it up, you are doing great!

18. By jared on Oct 24, 2012 | Reply

Gore, Davis, Crabs, Boone, J. Smith, Aldon.S, Willis, Goldson, A. Lee.

19. By Rick N on Oct 24, 2012 | Reply

Ahmad Brooks, Patrick Wills, Smith BROS all three, the beast Gore, Vernon D Kyle Williams,mainlly, but in truth the whole team should be there, cuz they are all playing great beccause they are a team, if we elect the whole team the NFC will not be there because the 49ers will be at the SUPERBOWL and winning it.

20. By Brenda A on Oct 24, 2012 | Reply

I would like to add Delany Walker.

21. By Mohd Zaki on Oct 25, 2012 | Reply

I’ll vote for Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowman, Frank Gore, Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Vernon Davis, M.Iupati, Dashon Goldson and Donte Whitner.

22. By Jason La Fond on Oct 25, 2012 | Reply

I would like to nominate the entire 49ers team. Why? Because not only are we a TEAM but seriously, who’s got it better than us?? NOOOOOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!