The San Francisco 49ers will host the Seattle Seahawks for Thursday Night Football at 5:20 p.m. PT, October 18, at Candlestick Park. The game is set to be televised on the NFL Network, nationally, and on ABC7, locally. The matchup can be heard locally on both KGO 810 am and KTRB 860 am ESPN Deportes.
A list of some of the new features, as well as this week’s pertinent game information, is located after the jump.
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT THIS WEEK’S 49ERS GAME
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
As part of the NFL’s A Crucial Catch campaign, the 49ers will recognize Breast Cancer Awareness Month through various elements during the game.
- Visit http://www.NFL.com/pink to learn more about breast cancer awareness, player initiatives, and about how early detection is the key to prevention
Gameday Entertainment and Features
- The 250-member Homestead High School Marching Band will perform prior to the game. Under the direction of John Burn, and founded in 1963, the Homestead Marching Band has performed at events and venues, such as the 2011 Marcy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and Carnegie Hall in New York City. Famous Homestead alumni who performed in the award-winning band include Steve Wozniak, Steve Wozniak and Dan Gordon, founder of Gordon-Biersch Brewery and Restaurants.
- The national anthem will be sung by Jewels Hanson, who was a National Finalist in the Colgate Country Showdown, the world’s largest country music talent search. Jewels has opened for country greats Toby Keith, Joe Nichols, Tracy Byrd, Blake Shelton, Dierks Bentley, Miranda Lambert, Trace Adkins, and many more.
- For halftime entertainment, the 49ers, in cooperation with the Bay Area Sports Organizing Committee (BASOC) and The Northern Californian Olympians (NCO), are pleased to celebrate Northern California Olympians. Over 50 Olympians will take the field as we help welcome home several local heroes.
- As part of the tribute to the Olympians, fans will enjoy a performance by VOENA, Voices of Eve N’ Angels choir. VOENA is a multi-cultural choir featuring 130 children from ages six to 18, who perform in more than 20 languages. Their angelic and harmonious a cappella voices have captivated audiences around the world, most recently at the 2012 London Olympics.
- Thursday Night Football rally poms will be given to fans upon arrival
- 49ers Faithful are encouraged to bring their AAA cards for a chance to win free gifts during each game this season
- Following a 49ers victory, coupons for two free tacos courtesy of Jack in the Box will be available upon exit
- Make sure to check out our 49ers partner booths in the Grand Plaza such as Sports Gallery, Geico, & Great America in the JinkoSolar Gate, The Bone, U.S. Bank & Bud Light in the Bud Light Plaza and Verizon, CSNBA Sportscaster booth and KGO Pre-Game Show broadcast in the Verizon Gate
- Before entering the gates, don’t forget to visit the Coke Mobile Music Experience, where you are the DJ and can choose your favorite tune via the on-board playlist and keep the music action pumping. Also, enjoy the Coca-Cola Ice bar with tasting experience and test your spinning’ skills at the DJ Hero gaming station.
Posted in Announcements | 3 Comments »