The San Francisco 49ers will begin the month of October by hosting the Buffalo Bills at 1:25 p.m. PT, Sunday, October 7, at Candlestick Park. The game is set to be televised on CBS and heard locally on both KGO 810 am and KTRB 860 am ESPN Deportes.
This season, the 49ers will introduce many new features on game day geared towards making the overall fan experience even stronger. A list of some of the new features at Candlestick Park, as well as this week’s pertinent game information, is located below.
The 49ers would also like to alert their Faithful Fans that the lower escalator at the Verizon gate will not be working on Sunday. This will affect fans sitting on the North Side of the stadium in even-numbered Lower Seating sections 26-44. The 49ers apologize for any inconvenience this may cause their Faithful Fans.
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT THIS WEEK’S 49ERS GAME
Game Day Traffic Advisory – Parking lots to open earlier than usual, just this week
The sold-out game is part of a busy weekend in Bay Area sports and major events, and therefore severe traffic delays are anticipated throughout the surrounding areas. The 49ers urge all fans to take public transportation and/or carpool to and from the game.
An exception to the 49ers standard parking procedures to account for the expected severe traffic delays. The Candlestick Park parking areas will be opened at 8:30 a.m., just for this week.
For a complete Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) schedule, please log on to www.bart.gov/
The 49ers Salute the Fleet
The 49ers are pleased to partner with the Fleet Week Organizing Committee for a 49ers Salute the Fleet Celebration to salute our nation’s service men and women. Game entertainment will showcase members of the Fleet.
San Francisco Fleet Week is aimed at drawing attention to Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Response Preparedness while taking an annual opportunity to host and thank the young men and women of the Naval Services for their selfless devotion to duty in safeguarding our country.
One hundred ticket to the game were donated to servicemen & women courtesy of BDA, the Merchandise Agency of the 49ers.
For more information about Fleet Week, please log on to www.fleetweek.us
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
As part of the NFL’s A Crucial Catch campaign, the 49ers will recognize Breast Cancer Awareness Month through various elements during the game.
- On-field pink ribbon stencils, in-stadium A Crucial Catch wall banners, pink goal post wraps in both end zones, special game balls with pink ribbon decals, pink kicking tees, pink coins used for the coin toss, pink sideline caps, pink ribbon pins, pink equipment and apparel for players coaches, game officials, and cheerleaders
- A ceremony at halftime will honor 60 breast cancer survivors, which will begin with a PSA featuring 49ers players and family members, and others affiliated with the 49ers who have been affected by breast cancer
- Throughout the game, the video board will share breast cancer facts and statistics provided by game sponsor UnitedHealtchcare and Stanford Women’s Cancer Center
- Visit http://www.NFL.com/pink to learn more about breast cancer awareness, player initiatives, and about how early detection is the key to prevention
Gameday Entertainment and Features
- Sunday’s pregame entertainment will include a flyover by the USAF Heritage Flight Program and a performance by The 49ers Gold Rush; Sourdough Sam, and Niner Noise
- The national anthem will be sung by Chief Hull Technician Eugene Lee, who is currently stationed aboard USS MAKIN ISLAND in San Diego, CA.
- Halftime entertainment will feature 20 new recruits from Central and Northern California taking their official Oath of Enlistment to the United States Military conducted by hometown hero Captain Bill Byrne.
- Halftime will also include a number of events to heighten public participation in Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- 49ers Faithful are encouraged to bring their AAA cards for a chance to win free gifts during each game this season
- Following a 49ers victory, coupons for two free tacos courtesy of Jack in the Box will be available upon exit
- Fans exiting through the Grand Plaza area will receive a sample package of Blue Diamond almonds while supplies last
- Be sure to check out all 49ers partner booths such as Sports Gallery (JinkoSolar Gate), U.S. Bank and Bud Light (Bud Light Plaza) and Verizon, Great America and KGO Radio (Verizon Gate).
UnitedHealthcare Healthy Food Drive
Don’t forget to bring your non-perishable food item for the UnitedHealthcare Healthy Food Drive.
- Collection bins will be located at Gate A, Bud Light Plaza, Verizon Gate, and all other gates throughout the stadium.
- UnitedHealthcare’s mission is to help people live healthier lives by providing people of all ages access to quality, cost-effective health care, utilizing the latest technologies and innovations to simplify the consumers’ health care experience, and helping to make our nation’s health care system work more efficiently.
Posted in Announcements | Comments Off