The 49ers suffered their first defeat of the 2012 season on Sunday when they fell 24-13 in Minnesota. 49ers Public Relations presents the following game notes from the Week 3 matchup.
Climbing the charts:
- WR Randy Moss caught 3 passes for 27 yds., moving him into 4th place in NFL history for the most receiving yds.
NFL All-Time Receiving Yards
Another Franchise Record for Gore:
- RB Frank Gore’s first carry of the game was the 1,687th of his career, surpassing RB Roger Craig and giving him the most rushes in 49ers history.
All-Time 49ers Rushing Attempts Leaders
|1.||Frank Gore (2005-12)||
|2.||Roger Craig (1983-90)||
|3.||Ken Willard (1965-73)||
|4.||Joe Perry (1950-60, 63)||
|5.||Garrison Hearst (1997-03)||
- QB Alex Smith found TE Vernon Davis on a 1-yd. TD pass in the 3rd qtr. The duo has now connected on 4 of Smith’s 5 TD passes on the season.
- Smith has now thrown 30 of his 73 career TD passes to Davis (41.1 pct.), which is the highest pct. among all active teammates.
- This marks the 5th time in Davis’ career that he registered a TD in 3 straight weeks, and the first time to start a season.
- Davis has now hauled in 4 TDs on the season, ranking 1st in the NFL prior to the afternoon games.
Big Day for Bo:
- LB NaVorro Bowman notched a career-high 18 tackles, according to the gamebook statistics.
Knocking It Loose
- The 49ers defense forced two fumbles on the day, recovering both.
- LB Ahmad Brooks jarred the ball from Vikings RB Toby Gerhart for his 8th career FF late in the 4th qtr. The fumble was recovered by LB Patrick Willis, marking his 5th career FR.
- S Donte Whitner notched his 5th career FF in the 4th qtr., as CB Carlos Rogers registered his 4th career FR.
- WR Kyle Williams finished the day with 2 KOR for 144 yds., setting a career high.
- Williams registered a career-long 94-yd. KOR to open the second half. His previous career long was 33 yds. at Sea. (12/24/11).
- Early in the 4th qtr., Williams notched a 50-yd. KOR.
Making Their Debut:
- WR Randy Moss made his first start as a member of the 49ers.
- LB Eric Bakhtiari made his 49ers debut, lining up on defense for the first time in his career.
Extending Their Streaks
- TE/LS Brian Jennings has now played in 195 consecutive games.
- DT Justin Smith has now started 174 consecutive games, dating back to his rookie season in 2001. Smith’s consecutive start streak ranks 3rd among defensive players, behind Ronde Barber (202) and London Fletcher (182), and 4th among all NFL players, behind Barber, Fletch and Jeff Backus (178),
- TE Vernon Davis has now started 78 consecutive games, which ranks 3rd in the NFL among TEs behind Tony Gonzalez (89) and Jason Witten (86).
- C Jonathan Goodwin played in his 151th career NFL game. He has now started 57 consecutive games tied for the 5th most among centers.
- K David Akers has now played in 108 consecutive NFL games, the 3rd most in the NFL among kickers.
- P Andy Lee played has played in 131 consecutive NFL games, the 4th most among NFL punters.
Posted in Announcements | 4 Comments »