Morning Tailgate: July 18

Posted by Taylor Price on July 18, 2012 – 9:20 AM

The offseason is almost over for the San Francisco 49ers – #Camp49 is just eight days away. (Not like we’re counting). For most of the summer, much of the conversation regarding the team has been centered around the improvements made at the wide receiver position and the expectations for the likes of Randy Moss, Mario Manningham and A.J. Jenkins.

On Tuesday, however, CSNBayArea.com’s Matt Maiocco shared a different topic worth discussing – the team’s 2013 opponents – which are known due to the league’s rotating schedule. In 2013, the 49ers will host the Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, as well as a team from the NFC North and all three NFC West rivals. On the road, the team will face the New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, a team from the NFC East and all three NFC West division rivals. The NFC North and NFC East opponents will depend on how the 49ers fare in 2012.

More 49ers headlines can be found after the jump.

Maiocco discusses safety Dashon Goldson’s long-term future with the 49ers in a recent mailbag post.

Matt Barrows of The Sacramento Bee shares information on which key 49ers players are under contract through 2013.

Barrows also discusses Moss’ potential impact on San Francisco’s wideouts.

49ers.com’s offseason coverage continued with a camp preview on the 49ers safeties and a “Meet the Gold Rush” video featuring 2012 Pro Bowl representative Carmen.

The 49ers are soon to welcome another “Good” addition to the family. Congrats!

Tags: ,
Posted in Morning Tailgate | 29 Comments »

29 Responses to “Morning Tailgate: July 18”

1. By Dan E. on Jul 18, 2012 | Reply

Congratulations Goodwin Family !!!

2. By rjdniner on Jul 18, 2012 | Reply

Finally, and hopefully, I can watch the team in Jacksonville, FL. if that schedule they predicted stay’s the same for 2013 .And aging congratulations to the Goodwin family .

3. By # 1 D-FENSE 2012 on Jul 18, 2012 | Reply

yup that means you only get to see 2-3 games a year,living outside the 49ers television market.

4. By rjdniner on Jul 18, 2012 | Reply

Just knowing that they won is fine by me and I can still get the NFL ticket if I chose too, and if that schedule does turn out that way. I’ll get my ticket real early and I won’t have to worry about ticket scalpers.

5. By Spokaneninerfan on Jul 18, 2012 | Reply

RJ go to the game….nothing like it! Glad your a niner fan bro. The world could use more GOOD in the world! congrats Jonathan and Family. If any of the players are reading these, we are so ready to see you guys hammer who ever gets in our way! 8 days……WOW.

6. By # 1 D-FENSE 2012 on Jul 18, 2012 | Reply

rjdniner = stupid,lame as$ posts

7. By # 1 D-FENSE 2012 on Jul 18, 2012 | Reply

I hate when people claim to be loyal fans but constantly prove that they stopped paying attention during the late 90’s and 1st 8 years of the 2000’s,,there is no room for them within this current 49ers fan base, constantly ranting and raving about the bill walsh days and not knowing $hit about anything else untill singletary got hired is no great fan in my book if you quit one the team once youll do it again

8. By rocky on Jul 18, 2012 | Reply

Congratulations to the Goodwin family! !!

9. By natedawg on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

Congrats to the Goodwin Family!

Hey does anyone know anything more about the Goldson contract? I know that he was given the one year franchise tag, but he still hasn’t signed.

I really hope this doesn’t affect anything for the season, we need to keep our defense focused for the upcoming season!

10. By rjdniner on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

1def, There are 49er fans that are more informed about the team then you will ever be, and they don’t have to come on the blog to prove it .so your saying you’ve only been following the team for a SHORT PERIOD OF TIME ..Have a nice day.

11. By # 1 D-FENSE 2012 on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

rjdniner,youir an idiot and nothing you post,say or comment will not lessen that fact,I know how long I have been a 49er fan unlike yourself and your attempt at being sarcastic is a lame as your posts

12. By John on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

Congrats Mr & Mrs Goodwin.
    I love my 49ers since I could understand football. 1972.

13. By # 1 D-FENSE 2012 on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

RJDNINER=stupid,dumb,lame,un-informed,grammar-less,un-intelligent,and NOT a real fan. your lack of knowledge concerning the 49ers proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that your a fair weather fan, and soon as the 49ers started sucking you started rooting for the jaguars,DONT EVEN BOTHER TRYING TO LIE ABOUT IT
    when this morning tailgate blog started this year,thats all you talked about was mark brunell,and toni boselli and fred jackson,YOUR A LIAR!!! YOU WERE COMPARING THE LATE 90’S 49ER TEAMS TO YOUR JAGUARS,,WE DONT NEED FAKE AS$ FANS LIKE YOURSELF,,GO BACK TO ROOTING FOR YOUR JAGUARS AS$HOLE!!

14. By # 1 D-FENSE 2012 on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

it really bothers me when fake fans like rjdniner-dummy try to say they have followed the 49ers through the down years when it is quite apparent he stopped following the 49ers after mooch split. without wikipedia and the mainstream media he wouldnt know squat about the 49er teams since mooch or this current squad, im a 3rd generation 49er fan with season tickets handed down from my grandfather, to my father ,to me, I can spot a fake fan anywhere and rjdniner-dummy is an easy one to spot

15. By rjdniner on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

Hey 1 def how do we know if you’re telling the truth about you we can’t .have a nice day

16. By # 1 D-FENSE 2012 on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

hey rjdniner fake fan,I dont need to lie unlike yourself,,take your have a nice day and shove it up your as$

17. By # 1 D-FENSE 2012 on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

YOU YOURSELF RJDNINER-FAKE FAN SAID EARLIER THIS YEAR ON THIS VERY BLOG TO THE FANSTER THAT AFTER THE MOOCH YEARS YOU STARTED PAYING ATTENTION TO THE JAGUARS WHO HAD NEW FOUND SUCCESS AND BECAUSE THE 49ERS WERE SUCKING YOU COULDNT GET ANY NEWS ON THEM FROM THE MEDIA!!!!!WHAT ABOUT THE INTERNET,,YOU COULD HAVE FOLLOWED THEM THAT WAY,,LIKE YOU DO NOW!!! BUT NO,,,YOUR A QUITTER WHEN THE GOING GOT TUFF AND NOW THAT THE 49ERS ARE DOING GOOD AGAIN,,YOU JUMPED RIGHT BACK ON THE BAND WAGON,,,,,,,I HATE FAKE AS$ FANS!!!!

18. By # 1 D-FENSE 2012 on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

HEY RJDNINER-FAKE FAN,WHAT ABOUT YOUR LIE ABOUT YOUR PRO BOWL PROGRAM?? DAVE G. BUSTED YOU OUT ON THAT ONE!!! YOU COULDNT EVEN GET THE NAMES OF THE 49ERS STARTERS IN THE GAME
    AND WHEN YOU GOT BUSTED OUT IN THE LIE YOUR REPLY I BELIEVE WAS,,” OH,THAT WAS ANOTHER PRO BOWL,,DUDE YOU CANT EVEN KEEP YOUR LIES STRAIGHT,,ABOUT JUST GOING AWAY BEFORE YOU PROVE EVEN MORE HOW MUCH OF A FAKE AS$ FAN YOU ARE!!!

19. By rjdniner on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

1def There you go aging caring on as if someone took some of your baby toys away.

20. By # 1 D-FENSE 2012 on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

MAN,,,I HATE FAKE AS$ FANS,,THEY QUIT ON THE 49ERS WHEN THE TEAM WAS GOING THROUGH WHAT MY TAILGATING BUDDYS AND I CALL “THE LEAN YEARS”,,AND NOW WITH THE NEWLY FOUND SUCCESS OF THE TEAM UNDER HARBAUGHS WATCHFUL EYE,,THEY WANT TO TRY AND ACT LIKE THEY HAVE SUPPORTED THE TEAM THE WHOLE TIME. A REAL FAN STICKS WITH THE TEAM THROUGH THICK AND THIN!!! RJDNINER-FAKE FAN YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE FAKE AS$ FANS!!!!

21. By # 1 D-FENSE 2012 on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

rjdniner-fake fan,,there you go again trying very hard at sarcasm only proving once again that you cannot complete a sentence without making at least 2-3 spelling errors and saying something sooooo lame that one can only laugh at you!

22. By # 1 D-FENSE 2012 on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

the $hit you post makes no sense,,,,,AT ALL!!!,,,do you even see how stupid you make yourself look?? really,,you should just stop replying to my posts,at least that way ONLY YOU will make yourself look stupid

23. By lady niner on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

i remember clearly the posts rjdniner made about his pro bowl program,and it seemed very clear to me the guy was lieing about it. and you are correct about his comments concerning his jaguar following because of the play of mark brunell i cant comment on too much of what you have posted # 1 d-fense but there have been many time where it seemed that rjdniner was not telling the truth.just a womans opinion rjdniner,sorry hun but if your going to lie about things you should really take care so they dont come back on you.im only commenting on what i myself have read

24. By rjdniner on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

1def . HAVE A NICE DAY

25. By rjdniner on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

LADYNINER .YES I went to a Jags game the 49er where playing them in Jacksonville. I have always been a 49er fan and one time they were playing in the GA Dome couldn’t get to that game. If I could find away to put the picture and signature of bill Walsh on the blog I would, to prove that I have the 84 pro bowl program. Believe what you want to believe on a blog,

26. By # 1 D-FENSE 2012 on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

big deal rjdniner-fake fan, you only went to the game because it was your beloved jaguars playing,,your a fake-as$ fan who quit on the team when they were struggling and jumped on the bandwagon when they started winning again your own previous comments say thay very thing,you should try harder to keep track of your lies,,

27. By # 1 D-FENSE 2012 on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

dude,your still glossing right over your lies,your not even man enough to admit you were lying about the things you say,,PATHETIC!!! DOES YOUR LYING ABOUT STUFF MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF OR SOMETHING?? DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL SMART?? WHICH YOU QUITE OBVIOUSLY AREN’T

28. By lady niner on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

@ rjdniner: I only know what I have read hun’ and you have many times stuck your foot in your mouth. I think you would be better off just not replying to # 1 d-fense’s posts. it seems like everytime you try and exchange verbal jabs with him you make yourself look even more silly. and like I made mention before,if your going to lie or boast about things,make sure no one can call you on it.and I myself have seen some of the things you have posted that weren’t quite true

29. By Basil on Jul 19, 2012 | Reply

Well as soon as preseason starts maybe things will get back to football, myself I can’t wait for it to began, on with the show!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!