2012 49ers Fan Fest Information

Posted by Taylor Price on July 5, 2012 – 1:58 PM

Tickets for the San Francisco 49ers “Fan Fest” Presented by HP at Candlestick Park on August 12 are now on sale to the general public. Note: Due to high demand, we’ve released 4,000 additional tickets.

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS

Due to construction of the new Santa Clara Stadium at the team headquarters, this will be the only public practice for fans during training camp this year. The event will be from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Children ages 12 and under are free and do not require a ticket. All other tickets for the event are just $5 each. Proceeds benefit the 49ers Foundation and its mission to keep kids “Safe, On Track and in School”.

Fans get an up-close experience with their favorite team and watch a live practice.  This marks the second straight year Candlestick Park will host Fan Fest, which is presented by the 49ers technology partner, HP. Nearly 8,000 fans attended last year’s event.

Prior to the practice, the 49ers Faithful can enjoy many activities in the Grand Plaza at Candlestick Park, the premier pregame entertainment destination. The Grand Plaza, which has more than 100,000 square feet, provides fans the perfect venue for pregame hospitality activities to enhance the entire game day experience.

The first 500 kids, ages 7-14, will have the opportunity to participate in youth football drills on Bill Walsh Field.

Among the many activities include:

• The Grand Plaza will host food trucks, live music, a sports bar and various 49ers partner booths.
  • New 49ers merchandise.
  • A chance to see the five 49ers Super Bowl trophies, Super Bowl Rings and other rare memorabilia in the 49ers Museum.
  • Kids can participate in games and drills to test their skills in the Kids Club area.
  • Meet the 2012 49ers Gold Rush team and 49ers Alumni.
  • The day will conclude with Coach Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers conducting a practice followed by an autograph session on the Candlestick Park field.

ABOUT THE GRAND PLAZA

The Candlestick Park entrance gates were reconfigured in 2011 to create the Grand Plaza, which is made up of the JinkoSolar Gate, the Bud Light Plaza and the Verizon Gate. Inside the Grand Plaza, fans will find a 49ers Museum, women’s only merchandise store, outdoor sports bar and entertainment stage in the Bud Light Plaza, food trucks and a “kids zone” with kid-friendly booths and activities.

27 Responses to “2012 49ers Fan Fest Information”

1. By Steven on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

This sounds like the place to be August 12! Lord willing.

2. By Christine on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Allready have my tickets. Can’t wait!!!

3. By Ambetr Griffith on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Woooohooo The Griffith Family can not Wait!

4. By jose cruz on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

cant wait.. gunna b my first fanfest!!! ninerfaith baby!!!!!

5. By Christine on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Wow! will be exciting. My grandkids are going to have a balll. My son is such a big fan he wishes he could practice with them.

6. By Joel on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

This is my first time going to fan fest from Los Angeles, does any one know how much parking is on this day??

7. By Ivan on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

This is such a great event, we had the chance to go last year and it was great to see the practice and see all the kids running to the field to get autographs. Either definitaly worth going, good for the whole family. Highly recommended. SEE YOU ALL THERE. GOOOOOOOOO NINERS!!!!!

8. By rjdniner on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

So to the fans that are going, what is the # 1 signature? That everyone wants?

9. By Larry on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

Luna Family from Central Valley ready to see our 49ers 2012!!!!

10. By travis on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

perfect time for a trip back home with my daughter! CANT WAIT, all the way from texas

11. By Eddie on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

already got my 4!!!! cant wait to see the best 49ers team in years!!!!! love me some 49ers footballl!!!!!!! see you all there

12. By Joel on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

Its my first fan fest , whoever signs my football is welcome…..!!! !!

13. By VAUGHN on Jul 7, 2012 | Reply

Its my first Fan fest. Does anyone know what time the gate will open. I want to be one the first in line so my son will have the opportunity to participate in youth football drills. Thanks. GO NINERS

14. By Joseph on Jul 11, 2012 | Reply

Can’t wait, got my son signed up to play with the big dogs! hope they are ready for him! Sweeeeeeet!!!!!!

15. By manny49mms on Jul 11, 2012 | Reply

Can’t wait!!!!!! Went last year and had fun!!!! KIDS loved it!!!!!! Wish they would stay around longer so we could get stuff signed!!!! Go 49ers!!!!!!

16. By Stefanie on Jul 12, 2012 | Reply

We will be taking my kids so they can have their last few opportunities to see our Niners up close and personal. Too bad we won’t be able to afford these memories for much longer. With them charging well over 50 grand for the rights to seats we have proudly held (and paid for through the good and bad) since 1981, and tripling the ticket prices, we are being forced out once the new stadium is built. Breaks my heart.

17. By Ron on Jul 12, 2012 | Reply

Will parking be free at this event?

18. By Camila Corrales on Jul 12, 2012 | Reply

I can’t wait to go see my hot 49ers are my number # 1 in my house ill be their with my little brother ;]

19. By Miriam Mendoza on Jul 13, 2012 | Reply

My kids are really excited for this event : )

20. By Miriam Mendoza on Jul 13, 2012 | Reply

My kids are excited to be here at this event god willing and, it should be exciting :)

21. By Paula Lord on Jul 13, 2012 | Reply

Only sport in my house, but there’s the GAINTS!!!! This would be worth the drive from Carson. Going home to the CITAAAA!!!

22. By Jason Ruiz on Jul 15, 2012 | Reply

This is just the start to our Super Bowl Season and you can quote me on that to, I cant wait GO NINERZ

23. By JD on Jul 15, 2012 | Reply

First time going. Anybody know how the autograph sessions works? All the players sign??

24. By Scott on Jul 15, 2012 | Reply

FREAKIN STOKED FOR FAN FEST! Been a 49ers fan since i was like 4 years old been watching them ever since. Grew up watching the legends: Young, RICE, Jones, MERTON HANKS. Those are legendary 49ers. It’ll be my 1st FAN FEST so I’m excited. Plus, us fans get to actually see a practice and see Coach Harbaugh work his magic, along with guys like DAVIS, GORE, CRABTREE, SMITH, WILLIS. I’m a 49ER FAITHFUL FOR LIFE. WHO’S GOT IT BETTER THAN US? NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. By darline on Jul 16, 2012 | Reply

Parking is usually free, this is the first year they charged a fee for tickets. (only $5, not bad) Location change,people line up a few hours before the gates open (11:30) Since this is only 1 Day, it’s going to be crazy.

26. By Jeremy George on Jul 16, 2012 | Reply

Yea gonna be there with the homies! #YOLO

27. By Arturo Garcia on Jul 18, 2012 | Reply

Got my tickets!!!! Any 1 know about parking prices and if we can tailgate? either way we will be there!!!! Lets Go NINERS! SUPERBOWL HERE WE COME!!!!