Tickets for the San Francisco 49ers “Fan Fest” Presented by HP at Candlestick Park on August 12 are now on sale to the general public. Note: Due to high demand, we’ve released 4,000 additional tickets.
Due to construction of the new Santa Clara Stadium at the team headquarters, this will be the only public practice for fans during training camp this year. The event will be from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Children ages 12 and under are free and do not require a ticket. All other tickets for the event are just $5 each. Proceeds benefit the 49ers Foundation and its mission to keep kids “Safe, On Track and in School”.
Fans get an up-close experience with their favorite team and watch a live practice. This marks the second straight year Candlestick Park will host Fan Fest, which is presented by the 49ers technology partner, HP. Nearly 8,000 fans attended last year’s event.
Prior to the practice, the 49ers Faithful can enjoy many activities in the Grand Plaza at Candlestick Park, the premier pregame entertainment destination. The Grand Plaza, which has more than 100,000 square feet, provides fans the perfect venue for pregame hospitality activities to enhance the entire game day experience.
The first 500 kids, ages 7-14, will have the opportunity to participate in youth football drills on Bill Walsh Field.
Among the many activities include:
- The Grand Plaza will host food trucks, live music, a sports bar and various 49ers partner booths.
- New 49ers merchandise.
- A chance to see the five 49ers Super Bowl trophies, Super Bowl Rings and other rare memorabilia in the 49ers Museum.
- Kids can participate in games and drills to test their skills in the Kids Club area.
- Meet the 2012 49ers Gold Rush team and 49ers Alumni.
- The day will conclude with Coach Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers conducting a practice followed by an autograph session on the Candlestick Park field.
ABOUT THE GRAND PLAZA
The Candlestick Park entrance gates were reconfigured in 2011 to create the Grand Plaza, which is made up of the JinkoSolar Gate, the Bud Light Plaza and the Verizon Gate. Inside the Grand Plaza, fans will find a 49ers Museum, women’s only merchandise store, outdoor sports bar and entertainment stage in the Bud Light Plaza, food trucks and a “kids zone” with kid-friendly booths and activities.
Posted in Announcements | 27 Comments »