Morning Tailgate: May 8

Posted by Taylor Price on May 8, 2012 – 9:56 AM

The 49ers three-day rookie minicamp begins on Thursday and first-round draft-pick A.J. Jenkins will be in attendance. The Illinois wide receiver’s decision to attend was confirmed by his agent to multiple media outlets. But now there’s a question of who will be throwing the passes to the talented vertical threat.

Jenkins was scheduled to walk across the graduation stage to receive his sports management degree on Mother’s Day, but has since changed his mind. Instead, the No. 30 overall pick will join his 49ers teammates when rookies report. However, the 49ers are without a rookie quarterback on the roster that can participate in the camp.

More on the 49ers quarterbacking options, LaMichael James’ draft day experience and the latest team headlines can be found after the jump.

Matt Barrows of The Sacramento Bee examines the 49ers possibilities at quarterback for rookie camp. The team can either sign an undrafted rookie in time for the camp, or rely on the likes of coach Jim Harbaugh and assistant athletic trainer Nate Breske, a former quarterback in his own right.

Eric Branch of The San Francisco Chronicle passes along the Twitter conversation between 49ers Hall of Fame wide receiver Jerry Rice and Jenkins, the team’s newest wideout. Rice has offered to take Jenkins to his legendary training hill to get him ready for his first NFL season which the young wideout has since accepted.

Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com writes that Jenkins will move to the Bay Area permanently on Thursday and will begin working out daily at the 49ers training facility.

49ers second-round draft pick LaMichael James is one of 11 rookies profiled on NFL Network’s “Everything to Prove” series. Along with the likes of Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III, James’ draft day experience is documented (around the 4:50 mark), complete with footage from his draft day party. The Oregon running back was invited to New York City for the draft, but decided to stay home in Texarkana, Texas. “I felt like I should stat at home and contine to be the person I am today,” James said in the video. “I don’t need all the hype, I don’t need all the cameras and all the fame, I really don’t need all of that. I’m here to play football. I’m a professional football player.”

Lastly, two of the 49ers veteran running backs were featured in our Football School coverage on Monday. 49ers all-time rushing leader Frank Gore said he’s got plenty left for his eighth season in San Francisco. Meanwhile, fellow 2005 draft pick Brandon Jacobs is having no trouble acclimating himself with his beloved childhood team.

The veteran 49ers longsnapper’s annual football camp is taking place this Saturday in Phoneix, visit’s Brian’s official website for more information.

Tags: , , , ,

69 Responses to “Morning Tailgate: May 8”

1. By the fanster on May 8, 2012 | Reply

these so-called football experts crack me up,,after giving the 49ers a b+ draft grade,,they are of the opinion that seattle or arizona will win the division,,now granted seattle has a tough defense that always plays us hard,and they have a very strong running game,,arizona and the rams can make the same claim,,stout running game and defense,,the rams have bradford and he looks like he will be a very good qb form them for years. seattle doesnt know who will be the qb this year,,arizons has their own qb issues,,leaving only the 49ers and rams with clear #1 starters at the qb position,,I think the rams are going to be our toughest opponent this year,,jeff fisher will get that team ready to play,,,cortland finnegan will bring his nastiness to an already tough defense,,,the division battles this year are going to be epic,,

2. By Basil on May 8, 2012 | Reply

Rams Fisher, I agree with ya! and if ‘They’ think that some other team is going to win the NFC-W? Then we shouldn’t hear this WEAK nfc-w crap, I say! fanster The Tank and a few others will have something about that, eh?
    BTW who are ((THEY?))

3. By the fanster on May 8, 2012 | Reply

they would be jamies dukes,and tom waddle of nfl network so their credibility,even thought they are FORMER players,,leaves alot to be desired,,but the one thing I do agree with that they said is that every team in the NFC west has a tough defense,,

4. By rjdniner on May 8, 2012 | Reply

Me I had a good laugh watching all that ,nfl network to get that big money they got to say something.

5. By Basil on May 8, 2012 | Reply

So they give us an B+ cool thats fair, in my book! But so then they give other teams in the NFC-W what A, A-?

Okay Zona! They will test our Defense for sure they got Better at WR in the draft. like they needed too! But I question their QB

Seattle! aaahh I don’t know, but they do have one hell of a RB thats for sure. QB I don’t know he played what? one NFL game. and looked great, ‘But GB has lot of talent at WR’

Rams! aaah again I don’t know lot of holes too fill I have a lot of respect for Fisher, (out of the 9ers camp) but even at that you need talent, they have some but their young?

Time will tell we’ll see!

6. By Basil on May 8, 2012 | Reply

Super Bowl 2013 Odds: Early Predictions for All 32 NFL Teams

The San Francisco 49ers took a big step forward during the past season under first-year head coach Jim Harbaugh, which is why I’m not surprised at their opening odds.

I believe that many sports books will try to entice action on the 49ers this season, as they don’t expect a another run to the NFC Championship Game next year.

A wait-and-see approach unless you live in the Bay Area.

Super Bowl Odds: 16-1

9ers came in at 23.

7. By the fanster on May 8, 2012 | Reply

I live 25 mins. from candlestick,,

8. By Micah on May 8, 2012 | Reply

honestly I don’t know what these professional critics are thinking some of the time. When you look at the NFC West and the teams drafts, what do we really see? That we added exactly what we need… Speed, Explosivness, A Threat!! We got that through A.J Jenkins and LaMicheal James no doubt. We got exactly who Harbalkee wanted in every round and we did this while trading back and stockpiling extra picks for next years draft. We came out of the draft with all the players we wanted and addressed all the “needs” that the critics said we had to address, we got great value throughout the draft, and we came out with I think its 3 more picks for next years draft that we didn’t have before. Now how can they say Arizona, Seatle, or St. Lois had an better of a draft than our Niners. Our GM/Coach are the best in the business and are gonna take us back to our dynasty days and start a new current Niner Tradition.

9. By Basil on May 8, 2012 | Reply

23 Mins for da-stick bro! da-stick, eh?

10. By Micah on May 8, 2012 | Reply

Fanster I hate you!!!!! Just kidding buddy Im just jealous I live in Wisconsin an hour from Lambeau Field but not for long!!!! Fanster I hope i’ll be living somewhere in Santa Clara or close by the time the new stadium opens and hopefully will be cooking for my team!!!!! Thats my dream!!!

11. By the fanster on May 8, 2012 | Reply

good article on byham,,on an earlier morning tailgate blog a month ago some guy said byham had a great year for us b4 he got hurt,,I told dude byham got hurt in training camp,,,he didnt believe me,,,well,there is my proof,,2 days into camp byham got hurt

12. By the fanster on May 8, 2012 | Reply

I know this about byham,,,dude is a rhino at run blocking

13. By the fanster on May 8, 2012 | Reply

if he can show some real development this off-season,,and a flair for catching the ball,,I hate to say it,,,we may have a hard time signing delanie walker next year,,d-laine can start for any team,,,and he knows it,,,to keep him may cost too much

14. By the fanster on May 8, 2012 | Reply

hey micah,dont hate too hard,,10 home games a season,,25 bucks to park each game,,250 bucks a season to park,,10 tailgate parties,,100 bucks each game for supplies,,,1000 bucks a season for tailgating,,500 bucks for season ticket x4,,2000 bucks for season tickets,,,grand total,,thats 3250 bucks a season,,winning a super bowl in 2012,,,PRICELESS!!!

15. By the fanster on May 8, 2012 | Reply

the last 10 years of losing have been very hard to do,,,going to EVERY game,,the tailgating doesnt change,,that was the best part of sunday afternoons,,,harbaugh and baalke have changed all that,,we finally have hope,,,we look forward to going into the games,,instead of leaving at the start of the 4th quarter,,those of you who go to games know how hard it is to get outta the ‘stick if you stay till the final whistle,,during all the losing years it was easy to do,,,but now,,,anyone caught leaving early is labled a traitor,,I LOVE IT!!!

16. By jeromy on May 8, 2012 | Reply

thats great that Rice will be tutoring Jenkins, hopefully that hill training will help him grab all the lowballs, Crabtree should be begging to be involved in anyway he can, if he doesnt step it up this year, bye bye

17. By jeromy on May 8, 2012 | Reply

now if we can just get Montana & Young to spend the whole summer with Alex(12 hours a day) its superbowl baby!!!!

18. By the fanster on May 8, 2012 | Reply

JEROMY,THE PACKER,,COWBOY LOVING A$$HOLE OF THE MORNING TALIGATE BLOG

19. By the fanster on May 8, 2012 | Reply

you are no fan of this team,,I know thousands,yes thats right,thousands,of 49er fans who,like you,dont particularly like alex smith,,BUT,,because they are REAL fans,,hope for him to do the best he can,,,not constantly spew individual hate filled opinions and cast them at alex,,,if you are truly a fan of this team as you say you are,,prove it,,by not saying anything derogatory about alex,,in fact,,dont talk about him at all,, talk about some other spots on our team,,the right guard battle coming up in training camp,,the battle for punt returner,,wr’s spots,,,talk anything 49er football aside from alex,,there are too many positives on this team for a REAL fan not to be able to engage is psitive talk concerning anyone other than alex smith,,,I’ve called you out,,,now back it up–

20. By Hmrhead on May 8, 2012 | Reply

So because you dont agree with a decision the coach or gm makes, that makes you not a fan?

21. By Hmrhead on May 8, 2012 | Reply

Although i think these other guys are idiots for trashing alex, i do believe they are right. The man has given us everything he could. He’s all heart. But that doesnt change the facts that he is a mediocre qb. Yes, you can win a SB with a mediocre qb when your defense is dominant, but history shows it’s very difficult to accomplish. In the past 25 years, there have been 3 teams that won the SB on their defense alone. Chicago, TB, and Baltimore. They wer all built the same. Premier run defense, premier special teams, a qb with limited turnovers.

But what happens if Justin Smith or Carlos Rogers goes down with an injury? We arent as dominant. At that point, can our offense carry the load to victory? With alex at qb, we all know the answer is no. Yes, he can win some games, but is he capable of beating the dominant teams in the NFC on a consistent basis? Absolutely not.

There’s a reason we targeted Manning. I dont know if Kaep is the answer. But if he isnt, then we need to find one fast. Because we are going to waste a dominant defense because we just wont move on from alex because we all love his heart. Look at Baltimore. Easily one of the most dominant defensive runs of our generation and they have one SB to show for it. All because of their qb play.

22. By the fanster on May 8, 2012 | Reply

hmrhead,,that may be one of the best posts I have read on these blogs,,well put,,I myself have said all along we need to find our long term solution at qb,,alex,at this point of his career,,is not the long term answer,,we didnt take a qb in this years draft,,so that leads me to believe that coach harbaugh may think he already has his guy on the roster,,,or,,someone coming out next year,,,either way,,,I think you and I know that if we dont win it all this year,,alex is gone,,yeas,,,we need to fix the qb problem ,,,FAST

23. By DYENNY on May 8, 2012 | Reply

WE HAVE MADE SOME GREAT FREE AGENT COLLEGE GUYS / CB FROM KENTUCKY ANTHONY MOSELEY/ KOURTNEI BROWN OUT OF CLEMSON IS A BEAST THAT GOT DOUBLED TEAMED LAST YEAR./. / AND WR CHRIS OWUSU STANFORD WILL ALL SEE ACTUAL PLAYING TIME AT THE END OF GAMES THIS YEAR . //// HEY AND IM GLAD THEY DONT PICK US TO WIN THE DIVISION OR ANYTHING ELSE , I LOVE IT ! DONT YOU KNOW WE DONT HAVE A CHANCE .LOL. WE ARE IN PERFECT POSITION BRING IT OOOONNNNNNNN.

24. By the fanster on May 8, 2012 | Reply

but all the alex bashing by these idiots is wayyy old,,,as real fans we should be talking about the positives,,not beat the negatives to death,,I wanna talk positive about my team,,,I know all to well whats arong with our team,,,im a long time season ticket holder,,and have had enough of the bad,,,dont need to re-live it or be constantly reminded of it,,,ya know,,

25. By DYENNY on May 8, 2012 | Reply

I DONT AGREE AT ALL ABOUT ALEX / ///YALL ARE GONNA TELL ME THAT IF WE GO 13-3 AGAIN AND LOSE IN THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME BECAUSE OF SPECIAL TEAMS WE SHOULD CUT ALEX . YOU BUNCH OF BENADICT ARNOLDS . YEAH THEN WE CAN START JOSH JOHNSON OR KAPPERNICK ./ OH AND JUST SAVE THE COMMENTS ABOUT DRAFTING A ROOKIE TO START THE NEXT YEAR/ MAYBE YALL WANT TO BRING IN BRETT FARVE YOU ARE A BUNCH OF FAIR WEATHERED FANS I HOPE YALL DONT WATCH A GAME THIS YEAR

26. By jeromy on May 8, 2012 | Reply

yes dyenny, anyone but Alex “im a buster”Smith well said buddy

27. By jeromy on May 8, 2012 | Reply

if not for the special teams & defense we wouldnt have made the playoffs.

28. By gary potter on May 8, 2012 | Reply

1 last remark to you clowns. IN BAALKE & HARBOUGH WE TRUST GET IT? if he says Alex is starter support him or get hell off blog

29. By rjdniner on May 8, 2012 | Reply

Let’s see what happens when we start playing the schedule, those first 4 games then well find out how good we are ….do I dare say it …in HARBOUGH WE TRUST …..

30. By the fanster on May 8, 2012 | Reply

dyenny,,you jump to conclusions too fast my friend,,MAYBE YOU DIDNT SEE CLEARLY THE WAY WE GOT TO 13-3,,so heres a refresher course,,,ALOT of field goals,,ALOT of defense,,,ALOT of running the ball,,if we go 13-3 again and we suck in the red zone again due to whatever reason,,,and not win it all,,your crazy to think we wont make a change,,,and its clear we need better qb play,,,period,,,to not admit that is stupid,,your putting words in my mouth with your banter,,,I have gone to EVERY game since 1997 and have earned the right to want better qb play from alex or anybody else,,,alex struggled and played good at times last year,,,alex clearly had control issues all year,,,to call me a fair weather fan is absurd,,have you endured going to all the games during all the losing seasons? I have,,,fair weather fan,,ridiculous,,

31. By jeromy on May 8, 2012 | Reply

heil (potter) hitler, Baalke & Harbaugh wanted better, just couldnt get him, SO YOU GET OFF MY SITE PUNK, THIS SITE IS FOR TRUE FANS, NOT ALEX LOVING KOOKS, HE IS A NEVER HAS BEEN, YOU GET OVER IT

32. By the fanster on May 8, 2012 | Reply

I have made it quite clear that I support alex,,am I happy with the way he has played the last 7 years,,,of course not,,who would,,its only in this last year we saw a vast improvement from the guy,,some of short term memory’s are bad ,,most all of my posts show that I support our qb no matter who it is,,,look at may 7th 4th and go back even further,,,to call me benedict arnold or clown is way outta line,,,In harbaugh and baalke we trust Is my motto gary potter I have been posting for 2 months and others on this blog can tell you that,,,wow,,,Im one of the biggest 49er fans ever,,you guys should pay a little more attention to what I post before you start throwing darts at me,,,

33. By Basil on May 8, 2012 | Reply

Wait a minuted, hold on there! Myself I believe Alex can do all of that, “With alex at qb, we all know the answer is no.:” No we all don’t know, speak for your self pal!! That being said who the hell could win under either of those to coaches. What are Nolan and Singletary doing now, are they Head Coaches? Its just good to see you all have confidence in good old Alex, but hey we have our options, and thats what this place is for!
    And fanster is right about Jerkome, he and seven/eleven something. we had a great season and they keep coming with reason how Alex screwed up the season. Talk the same BS over and over, we lost 3 game ‘3’ and each one in one way or an another, its Alex’s fault!
    good post fanster!

34. By Basil on May 8, 2012 | Reply

gary potter: right ON! YES OR Spot ON if you will!
    Support him or get the hell out!

35. By rjdniner on May 8, 2012 | Reply

Jeremy…… What position did you play in football?

36. By Niner from the cradle 2 the grave on May 8, 2012 | Reply

@dyenny i couldnt agree more… The only thing worse than the alex bashers are the fake alex supporters!!!!!… I swear everyone is such a fan that they dont realize how much we really have sucked!!! The one year Alex has a good team and a sound front office he goes 13-3 almost to the SB and he still gets disrespected.. @Fanster u keep calling for the alex bashing to stop… but basically say he sucks yourself… so what do u want the bashers to lay off for??? U basically agree with them!!! EVERYTHING STARTS FROM NOW!!!! Whoever doesnt produce to their same level of performance of last year then there is reason to bash someone.. People talk like since Alex has been there its been an ideal situation… A year ago Eli Manning was mediocre too… Now all of a sudden he is elite… I hope with the new wr corps alex throws the ball all over the field so the bashers and the fake supporters can shut up!!! Sure he hasnt been the one man savior, but how many QBs are??? We finally have a GOOD team going into its second year together we dont even trully know what we got till we see how they perform this year.. Not only Alex, EVERYONE!!! Can they do it again is the question.. Not what anybody has done in the past!!! Like we have just had this great team and Alez was the one holding us back.. STOP IT!!! Truth is we dont know what we got because if last season didnt come as somewhat of a shock for everyone in niner nation your lying!!! Even players said it was a couple games into the season when they started to feel they had something special!!! I hope alex not only wins the SB but has pro bowl season so all the bashers and fake supporters have to look stupid and act like they never had a bad word to say about alex!!!… #9er 4 Lyfe!!!

37. By jeromy on May 8, 2012 | Reply

I played 49er fan, ever since i was 12

38. By ELEVEN YEARS WITH ALEX on May 8, 2012 | Reply

hehe alex have a probowl year he didnt even get comeback player of the year or get the nod for the probowl even though the alex jock chomping fans say he is the best thing nad you do ……..alex even himself knows it because he finally after 7 years figured out his mechanics suck ….wow maybe in another 7 years he will figure pout how to throw the ball down field to keep the safeties back or even learn to look 1 off …he telegraphs ….and is detremental to the team as a leader in the QB position ….i mean come on he has everyone come out arm in arm 2 years ago and the seachickens killed us.

39. By Basil on May 8, 2012 | Reply

Good post Bro, but no! They’ll still think Alex stumbled int it!
    And yes last season I was waiting for the other shoe to drop,
    But I still say that had we just tried to SignTO, we could had e won the whole thing! But that was the, and this is now.
    On with the show good health to ya.
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!
    PS: you check anyone of my posts on Alex and you’ll see I have high regard for Alex Smith as a QB, And as pour QBI and I stand by that!

40. By jeromy on May 8, 2012 | Reply

Just like every year, I will start off really hoping that he plays well, hope he doesnt do the same old same old, i want him to walk out & look like hes not scared, i want him to play with confidence, just like i have wanted every year, but there comes a time when you stop beleiving in fairy tales, the good thing is that he will be replaced if he starts to stink it up again, & after just one or two good games from any of the other QBs, we will never look back & he will no longer be the subject of this blog

41. By ELEVEN YEARS WITH ALEX on May 8, 2012 | Reply

thank you jeromy for expalining why alex is allready a forgotten ……..what …you guys are bashing rookies and 2-3 year guys for their performance and yet alex can troll along grabbing millions of dollars for nothing and yet you want this guy and that hey guess what the niners paid 100 million dollars to alex so far …so yeah cant get anyone good when your highest paid garbage QB leaves no room to get anyone else on the team …and i hope yes when he fails to move the offense he will be removed from the team and we can move on to victory

42. By Basil on May 8, 2012 | Reply

“he will be replaced if he starts to stink it up again” ? ?

“you guys are bashing rookies and 2-3 year guys for their performance ” seem what rookies play ? ?

“replaced if he starts to stink it up again,” when did he do that?

“hey guess what the niners paid 100 million dollars to alex so far” None never happened Dummy !

“I played 49er fan, ever since i was 12″ that night be next year!

now is anybody here going to tell me jerkOme and seven/eleven aren’t the same jerk?

hey jerOme and seven/eleven yeah right not the same, ?wondering could we hook up for lunch

43. By Basil on May 8, 2012 | Reply

I know this is what you want 3 names, and I should be smarter then to fall for your BS. So I’m gonna to try to not see or read you post, because I think your poison to this blog! Chow !

44. By Basil on May 8, 2012 | Reply

“I think you and I know that if we dont win it all this year,,alex is gone,,yeas,,,we need to fix the qb problem ,,,FAST” Really?

I’m not back stepping from what I’ve said about our QB. I’m backing him all the way. you find any of my post and its clear what I’ve said and what I think, chow

45. By jeromy on May 8, 2012 | Reply

Basil you are a moron

46. By jeromy on May 8, 2012 | Reply

if there is any doubling here its the three guys who try & claim Alex is good and the answer for this team, probably all three are Alex, anyone with a brain can look at the constant groundballs, happy feet, and basic “scared like a little girl” behavior & see that this is not a good QB, so keep defending yourself, Alex

47. By the fanster on May 8, 2012 | Reply

@ cradle to the grave,lets see ive have said over and over i support the qb of my team,, no matter who it is,,i have said that alex has struggled most of his career,most would agree with that,,,i have said that if we dont get better play from the qb spot,,we need to make a change,cause we wont be able to keep this championship calber defense togther,too long,does anyone disagree with any of that,,i have said that alex should play better with another year in romans system,,for the last 10-12 years I have wanted better qb play,,where did I ever agree with the hate spewed towards alex by jerkome and 11 years?,,being critical is one thing,,but ive never bashed alex in the manner thos two so often have,,,and yes,,if alex struggles through out this year,,what,,,you cant see coach harbaugh maybe wanting to make a change,,to better the position?,,isnt that what we 49er fans have been clammoring for the last 10 years? and if alex takes us to the super bowl and throws for 4,000 yards and 35 td’s I will be happy,,I have asid over and over and over I support whoever is throwing the ball for us,,that doesnt mean I have to be happy with the way he does it,,but I dont root for him to fail,,I spend a fortune each season,,to see the team win..no matter how alex does it,,fine but when he struggles i will point that out as well,,I DO NOT AGREE WITH THOSE TWO CLOWNS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM,,

48. By the fanster on May 8, 2012 | Reply

I support my team,and that means the qb spot as well, up untill last year everyone was calling for alex smith’s head,,of cousre I want to see the guy succeed,,,I dont wanna see him fail,,that means the team is failing,,,and that is what jerkome and 11 years are rooting for,,,not me

49. By the fanster on May 8, 2012 | Reply

I am no fake supporter,,I support my team,,alex is part of the team, i see things for what they really are,

50. By missouri 9er on May 8, 2012 | Reply

I’m getting into the Alex conversation late but; Alex will FINALLY be able to show everyone who he really is this year be that great, mediocer, or bad. WHY?Because of finally having some continuence in (A) an offensive play book (B) a good coaching staff (C) offensive weapons and (D) some success thus some confidence. A while ago someone mention how rare that a dominate defense can carry a team to a SB, thats true. But they also mention how we targeted Payton and as good as he made the colts offense he only has ONE (1) SB title to show for all hes done. Anyone who thinks a Great QB = SB title is an idiot!!! Any SB multi-title team has had 3 basic things (1) A really good team from man #1 thru man #53 (2) Great coaching and (3) a little luck. NINERS FOR LIFE!!!

51. By gary potter on May 8, 2012 | Reply

jeromy: i should turn you over my knee a swat you real good then wash your mouth with soap. you are a full time jerk. you are not in the least a 49er fan. you and 11 are probably 1 in same if not both jerks. i will get off blog when you do.

52. By NINERSS ALL DAYYY on May 8, 2012 | Reply

Guys I support the team all the time through thick and thin…I also am supporting Alex he is our QB and ill back him up as long as he holds that title…but im not going to sit here and say he is “one hell of a QB”!! He is a solid qb who will go out there and make the plays neccessary…he does not have the extreme athleticism or big arm…he is Solid he is not elite he is just Solid!!! I dont know how else to explain it….just cause someone tells the truth does not make them any less of a fan

53. By NINERSS ALL DAYYY on May 8, 2012 | Reply

I also want to say I am by NO MEANS defending Jeromy he is still an idiot in my book too!!!!

54. By j-meezy on May 8, 2012 | Reply

Alex smith is our team’s QB! We as Niners fans should Support him, not continue to throw him under the bus… He’s our starting qb, and we should stand by his side, after all, he is wearing the red and gold too. Anyone who wants Alex to fail, wants us to fail. I hope he has a pro bowl year so we don’t have to endure another year of hearing people blame Alex smith for everything. In the losses we had last year, It’s not like he lost the game for us. And he sure didn’t look scared in the saints game, in fact, in my opinion, he was the reason we won the game

55. By rjdniner on May 9, 2012 | Reply

Fanster…. I got a feeling someone is going to take that phrase you use and market it in t -shirt and hand held signs for this upcoming season …

56. By Basil on May 9, 2012 | Reply

“Alex Smith is one hell of a QB” missouri good post!
    fanster I have never read you bash Alex, that a fact! Hey guys
    jerkOme and his alter ego have us bashing each other, IMHO
    we’d do better to just not read then, its always the same BS anyway,eh!
    Look how may really good QB’s haven’t made it to the SB, nor won it?

57. By rjdniner on May 9, 2012 | Reply

Basil I agree ive never seen on his post any thing negative about ALEX

58. By Basil on May 9, 2012 | Reply

I could see no reason to get Payton, none at all! I thought it better to spend that money on getting talent, Payton can make a WR look good ,, then crabtree would look good?
    O-Line takes the longest to come together, this being their third year together? I look forward to see their play this year. And I hope the R-Gaurd replacement Looney(?) fills in well for us!

ps: also if you reread any of my posts you’ll see my Mac, doesn’t catch all my spelling errors, he he :)

59. By rjdniner on May 9, 2012 | Reply

Heaven forbid an injury should accord, and C.K has to step in at least he’s had a year to get ready more then Alex had. I pray it doesn’t happen

60. By Basil on May 9, 2012 | Reply

rjd: how do you feel about not paying attention too jerkOme and his alter ego? (he?) has us bashing each other, not healthy we should be Solid with each other, we’re all Fans!

Heres the deferents, last year I read fans posting: Alex I didn’t believe in you But you’re winning me over keep it up, OR
    great win Alex. Then theres ‘Alex WE won in spite of you’

61. By Basil on May 9, 2012 | Reply

hey Alex one tough Dude But should Alex get hurt, next Player has to step up. But hey lets not talk like that, eh? ouch !

62. By rjdniner on May 9, 2012 | Reply

Alright I won’t .

63. By rjdniner on May 9, 2012 | Reply

All that bashing I just start to laugh at it ,.in that video they show them hitting a tire with a sledge hammer Ive done that at cross fit .

64. By rjdniner on May 9, 2012 | Reply

Don’t answer him that how you keep a Moran in suspense I know it’s an old saying but it apples to him ,, jeromy

65. By Basil on May 9, 2012 | Reply

rjd, back up and reread some posts, how much football and how much bashing, myself included.
    It all begins right here, as some say one post at a time, he he:)
    Chow!

66. By Basil on May 9, 2012 | Reply

I guess the next things to look for is signings? And I hope these guys realize just how important it is for them to get into camp. And this year more so because we have talent and it will be hard for some to even make the team, so they need ever rep they can get, I hope their agents are that smart and see that?

67. By Basil on May 9, 2012 | Reply

“Duplicate comment detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that!” hmmm just don’t understand this?

68. By Basil on May 9, 2012 | Reply

fanster is right it does take a while to repost, whatever the term
    is? Now Basil heads out to start ‘deere John’ and get his butt to work, and scoop horse poop up, life is good this season more so!

69. By niner fan on May 13, 2012 | Reply

To all the people that say Alex Smith won’t do good this season and he got lucky last season. Do you not see the weapons he has Mario Manningham, Jenkins, Moss, Crabtree and Davis. Also if he isn’t having a good day that game then we can just run are powerful running backs. That is Gore, LaMicheal James, Jacobs and Hunter. And just to add are now powerful offense is are amazing defence.