49ers to Host 8th NFC Championship

Posted by Taylor Price on January 19, 2012 – 7:26 PM

The 49ers Faithful get to “Rock the Stick” one last time in this magical season.

The 49ers host the New York Giants at 3:30 p.m. at Candlestick Park for the NFC Championship. U.S. Bank FlexPerks & Derby of San Francisco are the 49ers postseason game sponsors.

The game is sold out and will be televised nationally on Fox. The winner will represent the NFC in Super Bowl XLVI on February 5 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

To accommodate early patrons, all parking lots gates will open at 11:30 a.m. and Candlestick Park entry gates will open at 12:30 p.m. The interactive Grand Plaza opens at 12:30 p.m. and the AFC Championship game will be displayed on all TV monitors in the stadium. The only way for 49ers fans to get tickets for the NFC Championship game is through the NFL Ticket Exchange powered by Ticketmaster.

EARLY BIRD FANS GET 50% OFF CONCESSIONS

The 49ers want to create the best home field advantage in the NFL. As an incentive for fans to be in their seats by kickoff, many concessions stands at Candlestick Park will offer up to a 50% discount between 1:30-2:30 p.m. before Sunday’s game. The offer is good for food and non-alcoholic beverage purchases at the permanent concession stands only. The discount does not apply to the Grand Plaza food trucks or other specialty vendors at Candlestick Park. Fans are encouraged to come early and be loud from kickoff through the final play of the game. Visa is accepted at all Candlestick concessions stands.

RALLY TOWELS

All fans will receive a “Rock the Stick” rally towel when they enter the stadium courtesy of game sponsors U.S. Bank FlexPerks & Derby of San Francisco.

MUSICAL ENTERTAINMENT TO FEATURE GRAMMY WINNER BRAD PAISLEY

Country superstar Brad Paisley will perform at halftime. The guitar aficionado and songwriter extraordinaire has had 20 No. 1 hits, 3 Grammys, 14 Academic of Country Music awards including a record-breaking five consecutive Male Vocalist of the Year awards and 14 Country Music Association Awards including Entertainer of the Year in 2010. Pregame musical entertainment will be provided by Bay Area rap sensation Bailey.

NATIONAL ANTHEM

The 49ers welcome Tony and Emmy Award winner Kristin Chenoweth to sing the national anthem before the NFC Championship game. A singer and actress, she won a Tony Award in You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown. Chenoweth created popular television roles on hit shows Glee, Pushing Daisies and The West Wing. She won Emmy, Screen Actors’ Guild and People’s Choice Award nominations for each of those programs. In 2009 she won an Emmy for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series in Pushing Daisies. Chenoweth has a dozen movie roles to her credit.

FANS ENCOURAGED TO USE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION

The 49ers and the SFMTA encourage fans to arrive early in order to avoid pregame congestion. Motorists should expect very heavy traffic and delays on the westbound Bay Bridge and in both directions of U.S. 101 leading to Candlestick Park for at least three hours before the start of the game. Traffic will also be congested on the eastbound Bay Bridge and in both directions of US 101 for at least three hours after the end of the game. Fans attending the games are encouraged to take public transportation. For more information, go to sfmta.com/football.

FANS WARNED ABOUT COUNTERFEIT TICKETS

The only way to guarantee authenticity of tickets is to buy through reputable vendors such as the NFL Ticket Exchange powered by Ticketmaster. Fans are urged to review the tickets or know the source before purchasing from second-hand or non-official sources. Here are some tips to help fans make sure they are getting authentic NFL tickets:

(1)    BEWARE of buying tickets from anyone selling them on the street or in front of the venue. Scalpers are typically unregulated, unlicensed ticket sellers, which leaves you unprotected from fraud, including stolen and counterfeit tickets.

(2)    BEWARE of buying tickets from unsecured Internet sites. Online auction sites, classified sites, and unofficial ticket resale sites can be risky business. Buyers have no concrete proof that sellers have the actual tickets and could be scammed out of a significant amount of money. Make sure that the Web site has proof of the tickets.

(3)    DO NOT use cash. Use a credit card or another secure type of payment. Make sure the site offers a fully secure ordering process and utilizes state-of-the-art technology. Confirm that the company you are purchasing from offers a customer guarantee as well as a refund policy.

(4)    DO verify the location of the seats on a seating chart so you know exactly what seats you are purchasing.

46 Responses to “49ers to Host 8th NFC Championship”

1. By Viet Le on Jan 19, 2012 | Reply

I wish I could be at the game, but I will be rooting for the 49ers throughout the whole game, even if we’re down!

2. By alex_fn_smith on Jan 19, 2012 | Reply

oh man, im so psyched! win or lose this is gonna be a great game…its been a great season,and you know what the sad part is?…we can only get better

3. By alex_fn_smith on Jan 19, 2012 | Reply

nobody thought we’d make it this far…nobody thought wed beat the lions when they were undefeated…we did. nobody thought wed beat the giants last time we played…we did,nobody thought wed beat the steelers on monday night….we did,a season full of hard work,proving people wrong,broken records,tears of joy! its been one hell of a ride

4. By alex_fn_smith on Jan 19, 2012 | Reply

so just incase we do lose(fingers crossed) i would just like to get down on my knees and bow to you guys,for making me and all of the faithful 49er fans very very happy,for giving us hope,for having something to be proud of,and having something to look forward to

5. By alex_fn_smith on Jan 19, 2012 | Reply

i wanna apologize to alex smith for turning my back on him last year,and giving up on him. and i would like to thank him for proving me wrong,and humbling me,and making me believe in him once again

6. By alex_fn_smith on Jan 19, 2012 | Reply

i would like to thank david akers for giving us 3 points from places where we would have punted it away in the past. i would like to thank andy lee and our special teams for pinning offenses against the wall so many times.i would like to thank jonathan goodwin for filling a void that weve had for a few years,and i would like to thank kendall hunter for taking some of the load off franks shoulders

7. By alex_fn_smith on Jan 19, 2012 | Reply

i would love to thank justin smith and our entire d-line,and aldon smith for coming along and giving us what weve been missing(taking nothing away from our other linebackers)because having depth helps out a lot too,very important!and i would like to thank navorro bowman for taking a lot off of patrick willis’ shoulders

8. By alex_fn_smith on Jan 19, 2012 | Reply

also would like to thank our awesome o-line and the improvements they made throughout the year,and how hard theyve been working protecting alex and also running downfield before gore does! you guys are amazing! as well as both of our fullbacks,and of course the secret weapons of our offense the 2 headed monster that is our tight ends VD & DW,keep tearing it up!

9. By alex_fn_smith on Jan 19, 2012 | Reply

and also our corners have been doing a great job,but i would mostly like to thank our safeties goldson and whitner for teaching me just how IMPORTANT safeties are….because we havent had playmaking safeties in a while either,not since parrish and bronson

10. By alex_fn_smith on Jan 19, 2012 | Reply

also our receivers….keep doing your thing guys,i know its been tough fighting through injuries but your suffering isnt going un-noticed,we’re all watching,appreciating,and loving! and of course i would like to thank the man responsible for bringing it all together,mr. “coach of the year” jim harbaugh! now go out there and shrink those giants! WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US…. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOBODYYYY!!!!!! gooooooo 9ers!!!

11. By bobby on Jan 19, 2012 | Reply

I would also like to say sorry to Alex Smith.Sorry and cograts for an awesome season.Had me on the edge of my seat.Only 5 picks who was better,ahh nobody.

12. By Ftgambit on Jan 19, 2012 | Reply

A toast to the original Tebow, Alex “honeybadger” Smith well played season

13. By Rick in Round Rock on Jan 19, 2012 | Reply

I am so F@!:$ pumpped cant wait till sunday . Like mr Fan says Win or Loose who ha it better than us? NOBODY
    Alex Smith I have always had faith in you buddy I am so happy for you . Now let go out there have fun light up the score board!
    Lets beat the G-men
    GO NINERS BEEN AN OLD NINERFAN SINCE I WAS A KID BACK IN TO MONTANA DAYS I HAVE STUCK WITH IT THRU
    THICK AND THIN ITS FINALLY HERE I AM ENJOYING EVERY SECOND OF IT!!!!
    GO NINERS

14. By Cindiloo on Jan 19, 2012 | Reply

Niner fans are the BEST!!! So excited for this game!!

15. By dr dan on Jan 19, 2012 | Reply

if it’s “rock the stick” why have a country dude sing at halftime?!?! odd! go niners!!!!!! rock the stick with “the bone” 107.7fm.

16. By missouri 9er on Jan 19, 2012 | Reply

I am out of my mind JUICED for this game its all i’ve thought about all week! This has been worth the wait, hope we Destroy the Giants! Ready to go CrAzY on gameday! Wish I Could be at the game, everybody there make some noise for me! GOOO NINERS!!!!!!!!!

17. By Wikipedia_Surfer on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

The 49ers are hosting its 9th NFC Championship game, not 8th. We won in 81, 84, 89 & 85, but lost in 70, 90, 92 & 97. The 2011 season marks the 49ers 9th Championship game with home field advantage.

18. By CHRIS on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

come too far to lose now. We beat the Saints, now we have to FINISH. we cant let no 9-7 team come into our house and win.

49ers need to come out and DOMINATE.

#6 baby!
    ultimate redemption for a maligned franchise and a maligned QB.

WHOOOOOOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US!?!

19. By Trevor Colgan on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

Hey, hey,

Greetings from a Niners fan all the way over in Dublin, Ireland. Have been part of the faithful since the Team of the 80′s taught me to love the game. Am so proud of the amazing job done by the players and coaches this season. Will be watching on Sunday (Monday morning for us in Ireland) and just now the team will make us proud.

LETS GO NINERS!!!!!

20. By Devynn on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

I just want to thank My Niners for demonstrating what this team is capable of accomplishing. I would also like to that Alex Smith for being the quarterback that I knew you were capable of being since you were drafted.

21. By Tony Munoz on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

I can not believe they are not opening the parking lots till 1130. That is crazy

22. By 9er9er on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

Was there any doubt? I had faith that the 49ers was gonna win and Alex was going to have a big game vs the Saints but for him to turn into Joe Montana/Steve Young on those last to TD drive was so unreal. GO NINERS!!!

23. By PAninersfan on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

i want to say that i am so proud of alex smith, TEAM, and the coaches. what i seen from alex ( an the team ) when we played the saints, alls i got to say about that is YOUR ON FIRE BRO!!!!!!! i believe that he is going to come out an tear it up sunday. the D will do what they do and alex is going to come out an answer with a TD. no field goals. WE WILL BE TALKED ABOUT NEXT YEAR WITH RESPECT!!!!!!! we (the niners) deserve it. go an get the 6th ring guys!!!!!! NO ONE HAS IT BETTER THAN US!!!! NOOOOO ONE!!!! lots of love goes out to the team and the true fans. god bless

24. By PAninersfan on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

o an i will man up an say it, but when you (davis) scored the game winning TD. i was crying with you bro, and thats no BS. LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU GUYS!!!!! im so happy for you guys. you deserve this. god bless!!!

25. By Eric Wright Fan21 on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

I would like to thank all of the pundits and experts who keep saying that we really cant win these big games, especially Mark Schleroth and Teddy Bruschi who both recently picked the Giants and Pat Kirwin, Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, Jimmie (How bout them Niner’s) Johnson and the scores of other experts who have etched into stone the 49ers destiny with their ugly east coast bias and who keep denying the 49ers what is rightfully theirs…………REDEMPTION.

26. By CakeWalk on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

I don’t know about the rest of you but I’m so very humbled to see this team, especially Alex Smith, Vernon, and Frank Gore, who have endured so much over the past several years, make it into this NFC championship game. What a remarkable achievement. Win or lose, I want to hear the experts gushing over Alex Smith after this game and how he outdueled yet another “elite” quarterback.

27. By April on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

SUPER Excited!!!! Been in stuck in bronco :( land for a while now.. I have always Stuck with my sf Niners Through thick and THIN!! GOOO!! NINERS
    iTS TIME !!!! c U AT THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!! iTS BEEN WON HELL OF A YEAR!!

28. By Eric Wright Fan21 on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

Yeah elite my foot, that blue blooded, egomaniac qb playing in NY, thinks he is gonna be able to bring out his gun- slinger mentality into our house! He is a legend in his own mind. He is gonna get greedy trying to throw balls in there that are covered by our Defense and his 4th quarter magic is gonna turn into a 4th quarter nightmare! Beware the beast Eli, Justin Smith is coming for you and when he gets there my prediction is …………..PAIN.

29. By Herbert Endo on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

I have followed the niners since the days of Frankie Albert, Beals, Soltau (on radio), Montana, Young, etc; watching this year’s team play on t v has been a pleasure. Good luck this Sunday. Aloha

30. By jason on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

tailgating dialed back to 4 hours instead of 5? boo

31. By jorge rodriguez on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

real talk to all the 49ers faithful that have believed in alex smith!!even wen booed by the candle stick crowed he stuck wit the team and has us in position for another nfc championship title…..do ur thing alex and show all these analyist y u were drafted number1!!!!!GOOOOO NINEERRRSSS!!!!

32. By 49er Joe on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

NIIIIINERS…GREAT SEASON, AND WE AINT DONE..WERE GETTING OUR 6TH LAMBARY TROPHY AND ALL THE PLAYERS GET THEIR RINGS…WELL DESERVED FELLAS….GO NINERS

33. By ogre on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

~”A man does what he can until his Destiny is revealed to Him”. I’m usually a “smash mouth” kinda guy (so our Defense makes me feel warm & fuzzy). Usually
    not pyschic out games, BUT there does seem to be a fitting irony. For years the 49ers have been disregarded (in part for their play) more so because of years gone by success. This does seem like Redemption! Jed, Trent, and Jim have brought together this franchise, this team, this FAMILY. That Family strongly involves the Fans. We are in this together (I believe this and that most quality NFL teams are likewise). Something uncanny about Jim’s Coaching staff organizing and disciplining the already existing talent there. The free agents and hard work ha paid off. Still, something very special about; bottom of the barrel-coaches &
    coordinators everywhere, fans really disheartened , record 6-10. Then comes a metamorphisis to where we are now. It is breath-taking, it is unpresidented, storybook stuff. AND IT IS HERE NOW!!!!!!!!!! THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ers AT CANDLESTICK ON SUNDAY FOR THE RIGHT TO GO TO THE SUPER BOWL. If ever there was a time for heros ?…………………..
    Front Office/Team/Coaches GOD BLESS YOU ALL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE GIVEN. WHO’S GOT IT BETTER THAN US? NOBODY. GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. By D-Man86 on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

ITS GONNA BE THE 49ERS AND RAVENS IN THE SUPER BOWL

35. By Hermie on Jan 20, 2012 | Reply

At this point the 9ers still are not getting a lot of respect and won’t until they win the SB (if they). I don’t mind as I believe it can only be motivation for them. They will be underdog’s if they play NE and be even with Balt.!! If the 9ers make it to the SB…I believe they will “roll” over the Patriots and it will be a nip-n-tuck game with the Ravens!!

The Ravens “D” schooled our O-line in the 1st game!! I believe that can be different in 2nd meeting!

27-21 9er victory at the Stick!!! Baltimore will get to Brady and win…if they don’t they will lose!!

Would love to see the brother rematch and being a “younger” brother myself… want to see that Jim learned more from the 1st game than his brother did!!

36. By tony hallerman on Jan 21, 2012 | Reply

it was wrong for mike singletary ot bench alex smith, well it just goes to show there is something in alex so glad he is the starter again and my hats off to the staff and the rest of the players, good luck 49ers i am with you 100% of this special game would like to see you play in the superbowl.i know you will play your hearts out.

37. By bobby on Jan 21, 2012 | Reply

I would also like to thank coach Harbaugh for helping all the 49er players to find their inner HONEYBADGER! Great job everybody at 4949.
    Superbowl 46 will be Harbaugh Bowl II.

38. By Basil on Jan 21, 2012 | Reply

“but for him to turn into Joe Montana/Steve Young on those last to TD drive was so unreal.” thought of that myself, good post !

The Left`coast is the best coast, we’ve played a few east coast teams, and yes we haven’t done so well, eh?

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

39. By Dan the 49er Fan! on Jan 21, 2012 | Reply

GO NINERS! Damn!. I have been a Niner fan since Brodie and Gene Washington days and l’ve seen a lot of ups and down seasons.This season and last weeks game was so SWEEEEEEEET! WOW!. I am in Columbus, Ohio but I am sure you will hear me screaming for the Niners to be Giant Killers! It has been such a long time since we have had a season like this.Harbaugh, even tho he is from that team up north is incredible. The teams attitude is so much better now and they believe they can win! Damn, I wish I could be there!
    GO NINERS…. BEAT the Giants!

40. By Mug on Jan 22, 2012 | Reply

BE QUIET WHEN THE NINERS ARE ON OFFENSE!!!

The players have to hear the play/snap count in the huddle and any audibles from the quarterback when they line-up for the play. After the play make noise and quickly be quiet before the players get back to the huddle.

@49ers Stadium/Entertainment Staff: Please make sure the cheerleaders, bands, scoreboard etc. DO NOT try to get the fans to make noise when the Niners are on offense (I witnessed this at games this season). Back in the glory days of the ’80′s the scoreboard used to remind the fans to be quiet when the Niners are on offense and make noise when they were on defense, I think it was in the programs too.

MAKE NOISE EVERY DOWN WHEN THE NINERS ARE ON DEFENSE, NOT JUST ON THIRD DOWN!

Start the noise early, as soon as the previous play is over, before the NY Giants get in the huddle to make it hard to hear the play and snap count called by the QB.

Tip: don’t yell the whole game (you’ll lose your voice), mix in pounding on seat backs, whistling loudly. etc.

GO NINERS!!! I will be living and dying with every play!

41. By jwillia49faithful on Jan 22, 2012 | Reply

MY SOUL CAN NO LONGER DENY THE UNMISTAKEABLE FEELING OF DESTINY!!!!!!! I LOVE MY NINERS!!!!!!!!

42. By alex_fn_smith on Jan 22, 2012 | Reply

oh god,i keep telling myself that IF we lose…its ok,it was a good season,its been a great ride,we’ll get ‘em next year! im so nervous its been so long since we made it this far,i forgot how to act. i just dont want the season to come to an end…not like this…not against the giants

43. By alex_fn_smith on Jan 22, 2012 | Reply

im not gonna hear the end of it living in connecticut…im gonna have to hear them bragging on the radio,on tv im gonna have to see them on the newspapers…we r e a l l y need to win today. go,why! out of all of the teams,why are we facing the giants,why couldnt it be the packers,eagles,bears,anybody but the giants. god help me

44. By ogre on Jan 22, 2012 | Reply

~TO BE THE BEST YOU’VE GOT TO BEAT THE BEST! HONEYBADGER HARBINGERS. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

45. By ogre on Jan 22, 2012 | Reply

~better yet: HARBAUGH’S HONEYBADGERS? YA THINK? GO NINERS!

46. By Eric Wright Fan21 on Jan 23, 2012 | Reply

Incredible year, Incredible defense,Incredible coaching. We are gonna come back tougher and meaner next year. One last thought though……..when you are on the big stage you must have a big stage players. One playmaker is not enough when you play in a title game or superbowl. Think back to all the super bowl winners, most had multiple weapons. In order to do better next year we need one more piece to the puzzle………… another PLAYMAKER!! Good luck to our Niners next year, but the most important game of all will be the NFL Draft.