49ers Promote Hastings to Active Roster

Posted by Scott Kegley on December 31, 2011 – 11:03 AM

The San Francisco 49ers have promoted WR Joe Hastings to the team’s active roster from the practice squad.

Hastings (6-0, 185) originally signed with the 49ers as an undrafted free agent on July 27, 2011. He was released following training camp and was signed to the 49ers practice squad on September 4.

A 24-year old native of Wichita, KS, Hastings starred collegiately at Washburn University where he played in 35 games (14 starts), and hauled in 119 receptions for 2,033 yards and 17 TDs during his career.

Hastings will wear No. 13.

Posted in Breaking News, Transactions | 34 Comments »

34 Responses to “49ers Promote Hastings to Active Roster”

1. By T.Woods on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

I Have No Idea Who This Guy is .. I Just Hope He Can Catch Because We Really Don’t Need Him But Just 4 This 1 Game. We Get This Buy Bout Time The Next Game Comes Around Ted and Kyle Will Be BacK… But We Need This 1 Game!!

2. By John Wayne 49 on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Get em Joe! I love Harbaugh keeps it in the family and promotes hard work by achieving success.

3. By Noah Clair on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

good luck

4. By Janell and Ed on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Way to go JOE!!! Topeka will be rooting for you.

5. By Ron Johnson on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Lets Go G.I. Joe! Lets see that Kung Fu Grip!

6. By jerome on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

do your best man

7. By Jon on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

I think T.O. would be a better red zone threat. For sure Owens would draw double coverage. Hastings my be a great practice player but we need experience for the playoffs.

8. By slick49 on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Great news ! Joe, go get the ball !

9. By rjdniner on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Hard work always pays off /diamond in the rough /
    congradulations

10. By ninersalltheway!!!!!!! on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

he has good hands,i bet he does good cant wait to watch and see. GO 49ers!!!!

11. By cage on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Aim lower Alex, you’ve got the shortest receiving core in the game. LOL just kidding.

12. By JR BACA, NEW MEXICO SAN FRANCISCO 49ER on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

NINER NATION IS SUPPORTING YOU 100%, TIME TO SHINE>>>>>>>

LET’S BLOWOUT THE RAMS TOMORROW

GO SAN FRANSISCO 49ERS>>>>>>>13 AND 3 TOMORROW>>>>>>>

13. By hey, were going to try to do better on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

sure thing love the promotion from within and a good receiver

14. By Amit408 on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

GOOD JOB JOE!

I HOPE YOUR HUNGRY!

LOVE THE EXAMPLE COACH JIM IS SETTING, WE DON’T NEED TO LOOK AROUND, WE PROMOTE WITHIN, AND THOSE WHO STICK WITH US AND WORK HARD, WILL GET A CHANCE. THIS MIGHT BE THE BIGGEST GAME OF YOUR LIFE, GO START A LEGACY!

LAST I HEARD GUYS NAMES JOE DID PRETTY WELL ON THE NINERS, LUCK’S ALREADY ON YOUR SIDE.

GO GET EM JOE!

15. By Mike on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Great move!! All that talk about TO was scaring me!!

16. By sidebite3 on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

just give it all yougotandthings should work for the best good luck

17. By EZ in Sac on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

I LIKE THE POSITIVE MOVE..BEEN THERE ALL SEASON ..EARNED IT THE HARD WAY….TOO BAD T.O. HAS ISSUES ..WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD ADDITION WITH SKILLS… GO NINERS…LOOKS LIKE #6 SB..
    FEELS GOOD…

18. By EZ in Sac on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

OUR OWNWEST COST WES WELKENS…OH YEAH!

19. By bruce on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Hastings looks alot more like a younger Ed Mcafferty than a Wes Welker to me ? Which wouldn’t be a bad thing of course.

20. By VAninerfan on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Thought Joe should have been on the team from the beginning of the season. Welcome Back.

21. By SAMUEL on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Good luck Joe Hastings! Would’ve been nice to find a veteran to fill that void for the PO’s coming up. Going to need that experience against the other elites!! How much of headache TO would’ve cause during the playoffs really? Now? Alex Smith needs that type of Veteran Player to help make things easy for him. I like Alex Smith and I want him to have the best help he can get! Go Niners! Lets get #6!

22. By casey lough on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

I’m from Wichita. Its cool to see someone play on the active roster it would be amazing to see him score.

23. By Clutch on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Congratulations! Wear that 49er jersey proudly.

24. By NinerFanFromTonga on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

I have a pretty good feeling about this young man…..Good luck to you, and to the 49ers team as a whole….lets get it done in St. Louis…gooooooNiners

25. By InHarbaughITrust on Jan 1, 2012 | Reply

I like the move – and this was what I think everyone should have expected. Harbaugh hasn’t given us a reason to question his judgment one bit yet – so no reason to doubt him now!

26. By pekelo44 on Jan 1, 2012 | Reply

welcome aboard j.h.

27. By bill walsh on Jan 1, 2012 | Reply

Leggo 49Erz

28. By banger on Jan 1, 2012 | Reply

Need all the help alex can get lord knows akers cant do all the work hahaja

29. By tony hallerman on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

jim always seems to have something up his sleeve, good luck joe and 49ers

30. By Scott on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Good to see a local guy getting some time!!
    Hastings was a BEAST at Washburn!

31. By v j narayan on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

WE NEED T.O. HES GOING TO BE A GOOD FIT FOR 49ERS.HES TALL AND STRONG AND HE WILL BE GREAT THREAT TO OTHER TEAMS LIKE NEW ORLEANS. BUT ONE THING THE 49ERS WILL NOT BATTLE NEW ORLEANS. 49ERS NEED T.O. AND A GOOD TIGHT END IN PLACE OF DELAINE WALKER. THIS WILL MAKE OTHER TEAMS THINK TWICE PLAYING 49ERS.

32. By Tarcules on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

YES AT THIS POINT WE NEED T.O.,.Really we are gonna put a Rookie that never ran a NFL route in the PLAYOFFS? Williams and Ginn should be back. At face value this is what I think,…then again our coach is JIM HARBAUGH and I know he has a plan! GO NINERS!!!!!

33. By Charles Hann on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

I hope Ginn and Williams will be healthy for the playoffs, and i cant wait to get morgan back for next season but, why not bring T.O. in for the playoffs? He isnt getting any other offers and we could use the experience just for the playoffs. Idk I have alot of faith in Harbaugh though and cant express my gratitude enough for what hes done here.

34. By JR BACA, NEW MEXICO SAN FRANCISCO 49ER on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

T.O. THE BALL DROPPING DRAMA QUINN, WE HAVE GREAT WR’S, LETS USE WHAT WE HAVE, WHY SPEND THE MONEY, WE HAVE BEEN WINNING GAME, COACH HARHAUGH HAS THE ANTIDOTE OF WINNING GAMES AND KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING, THE MAN WITH MANY PLANS AND TRICKS UP HIS SLEEVE.

GO>>>>>>>SUPERBOWL BOUND 49ERS>>>>>>>GREAT TIME TO BE A 49ER FAN>>>>>>>