On the Phone with Spagnuolo and Laurinaitis

Posted by Alex Espinoza on December 28, 2011 – 5:54 PM

The Rams will try to play the role of spoiler on Sunday when they host the 49ers for the regular-season finale. The last time these two teams met in Week 13, the 49ers handed St. Louis a 26-0 shutout at Candlestick Park.

But as members of the Rams (2-13) told the Bay Area media during conference calls on Wednesday, they don’t want to leave a bad taste in their mouths heading into the offseason.

“If we can get this ‘W,’ it definitely gives us some momentum to end this season a high note,” Rams linebacker James Laurinaitis said. “Nobody wants to end the season on a losing note.”

St. Louis quarterback Sam Bradford was sidelined due to injury in the Week 13 matchup and it’s unknown if the franchise signal-caller will be under center on Sunday. Bradford (ankle) didn’t practice on Wednesday and would be replaced by Kellen Clemens in the starting lineup.

Though there is no postseason in sight and his team is set to face the NFC West champion 49ers, Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo said his team will keep the same approach.

“The same as the other 15 (games),” Spagnuolo said. “We’re trying to win a football game – and in this particular case against another good football team. Obviously, (coach) Jim (Harbaugh) and the 49ers have done a great job there. We think it’s a great challenge; it’s a division game.

“The one thing about playing the last game in any situation is that it’s nice to have if you can find a way to win the last game because it carries into the offseason.”

As Spagnuolo also noted, the NFC West stepped up its level of competition this year, featuring three teams that stayed in the playoff picture until nearly the end of the season. But no team has it better than the 49ers (12-3), who are one win away from securing the NFC’s No. 2 seed and a first-round bye.

Even though his team is sitting in the cellar of the division, Laurinaitis said he thinks the Rams will have a fighting chance on New Year’s Day.

“All the guys in our locker room are extremely competitive,” Laurinaitis said. “Especially when you’re playing the San Francisco 49ers – there’s just something special about that game. It’s a physical game; we know they’re going to be pounding the ball. We have to be ready to go.”

Click here to listen to Spagnuolo’s Conference Call

Click here to listen to Laurinaitis’ Conference Call

60 Responses to “On the Phone with Spagnuolo and Laurinaitis”

1. By 49ers4ever on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

> Laurinaitis said he thinks the Rams will have a fighting chance on New Year’s Day
    oh yeah, taht worked out really well last time we met…

2. By SERGIO BARRAMEDA on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

GO NINERS

3. By JR BACA, NEW MEXICO SAN FRANCISCO 49ER on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

GO 49ERS, LETS END THE REGULAR SEASON WITH A SHUTOUT/BLOWOUT, PLAY YOUR BEST BUT STAY HEALTHY EVERYONE. THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA, NEW COACHING STAFF, NEW TEAM. WHO EVER THOUGHT THAT WE WOULD BE 13 AND 3.

GO SAN FRANSISCO 49ERS, LETS END IT STRONG AND BLOW RIGHT THROUGH THE PLAYOFFS AND HEAD TO THE SUPERBOWL>>>>>>>GOD BLESS OUR 49ER TEAM

4. By NinerFanFromTonga on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

At this point of the season, I am confident that the 49ers will not only win against the Rams, but who ever we face in the playoffs, we will find a way to win. Packers and Saints to go to the Super-Bowl, and who ever the AFC brings to the party. They are all beatable by our team, Steelers, Ravens, or the Patriots. We are going to just bring it to them every game and every down. Isn’t it fun to be on the winning track again? Just gotta love it.

5. By LOtt Moafanua on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

I love the 1st post. Im on the same tip and looking forward to see our Niners blow thru this like the other post mentioned —–then off to the Main Event “Superbowl Baby”! Lets get em Niners… Blessings to ALL Niner Nation and have a Happy New Year!

6. By Jose on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

Niners will have to focus on the Rams game because I don’t doubt them bringing out the trick plays and trying to beat us.

7. By rjdniner on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

REMEMBER AT ONE TIME WE WE WERE IN THAT SITUATION , NOT ANYMORE . THIS WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO SEE HOW THOSE WR ARE GOIN TO DO NEVER KNOW MIGHT BE A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH. .
    13-3 AND 1ST ROUND BY , NINERS

8. By Basil on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

I think we’re gonna have to dig deep ,, real deep!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

9. By imuaNINERS on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

when i think back on the NINERS – RAMS rivalry, i see KENNY NORTON and ERIC DAVIS boxing the upright pads, remember that?!! SHUT OUT would be a heck of a regular season ending (in they’re house), stay tuned NINER FANS!!! And hats off to the MIGHTY 8, should have been more…

10. By Basil on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

TO wants to be a NIner! why not? we could cut him a fast as we sign him! >>> http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1000736-san-francisco-49ers-donte-whitner-would-vouch-for-terrell-owens-would-you <<<
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

11. By Basil on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

I was surprised 8 players made the pro`bowl seems to me that, that award usually comes the second yea? and a question can a rookie make it to the pro`bowl? if so I would have thought Aldon Smith might have made it? IMHO
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

12. By Basil on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

Pro’s & Con’s signing Smith long term ..you be the judge ?

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

13. By Basil on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

rjd I believe it was in Bill’s Book the ! {Building of a Championship}
    I want to find out as much as you’d like to know, so I’ll have to get the book and read, not a bad thing really. Anything by Bill is GOOD!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!
    Thing is we see his influence on the field every nfl game, I miss him!
    peace out!

14. By SF49ERS on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

Since Montana era I’ve never betrayed my FunkyNiners.. Montana, Rice BEST EVER..Superbowl is our GOAL, here we come.

15. By seven years with Alex on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

wow guys take a break from the lines. The teams going to the play offs have actual QB’s that can throw for more than .85% TD’s a game …yes alex can not keep up with even back ups on several teams ….even the rams. The fact is this every week you guys call for a blow out well it wont come from the air and the running game is suffering because of it.

16. By seven years with Alex on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

teams are aware of alexs problems all of em and are stacking the line to stop the run dareing alex to drive the ball by throwing and well ….bunch of field goals and yeah ackers set a huge record so there you go

17. By seven years with Alex on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

when the qb cant score td’s in the playoffs yeah they dont win. name a team where they did nothig but kick field goals and went anywhere ….who cheers a qb that cant throw a td in the NFL. since when does a QB stay in the league when they cant throw td.s. sad day when you wake up and have to cheer for fg’s .

18. By seven years with Alex on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

our defense is getting the short end of the stick this season because they are getting turnovers and makeing great plays and holding teams to 7 points or less in first half of games and all those turn overs and all those stops went for about 4 td’s a;; together the rest were blown drives and or dare i say it FG’s. wake up people the qb play is average at best …this ios the NFL a QB’s league a touchdown league ….i mean if we wanted to see someone kick to score we would watch soccer

19. By Basil on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

Well, Well if it isn’t year Bitceh, you get tossed from under your rock?
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

20. By Basil on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

The two things I don’t like about you fitch ,,, is your face!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

21. By Basil on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

You know fitch you could be a nice guy ,, if you’d just go away, eh!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

22. By bojo49ers on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

lets get this win and hopefully everybody will come out healthy in this game, so will come out strong and dam ready in the playoffs…”NINERS BABY!!!!

23. By hey, were going to try to do better on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

well this rams game should be a blow out but the games that should have been blowouts this year have come out to be too close for comfort. We cant lose this game. playing on the road is not a good thing for this offense. No excuses get er done and finsih this season at least strong.

24. By seven years with Alex on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

same old story everyone crossing their fingers and saying what everyone says and thinks they need to say….oh team win it for the prez or my grand son or my best firend bet me …or plane old win so i can razz my buddy….all good reasons and yeah i say woot for em all. Yet the games have yeilded nothing but 7 years and still a filed goal kicker has the scoreing kudos ….yeah for another game where the kicker outscores the QB. oh and the kicker makes like 100,000. the QB $1,000,000. kinda funny huh well that what the rest of the league is doing laughing at us

25. By 49ers4ever on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

seven years with Alex, they won’t laugh anymore after Feb., 5th…

26. By rjdniner on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

SEVEN YEARS . YOU ARE A TRUE BUTT HEAD

27. By JR BACA, NEW MEXICO SAN FRANCISCO 49ER on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

By SEVEN YEARS WITH ALEX on Dec 30, 2011

My same old story, crossing my fingers and hoping that my hole wont cave in so that I could continue to run my mouth and saying that everyone is right about Alex Smith. I need to say….go team win it for me or my grand son or my best friend and then they would say again and again that I don’t know a thing about football and that I need to stay in my hole …or build a plane old wing next to my hole for my other Alex hater buddies so that we can razz the true 49er faithful from down here….all for a good reason because I SEVEN YEARS WITH ALEX am an idiot and don’t know a thing about the game of football and yeah i say that I will root for em all. Yet we are winning and I 7 years with Alex continue to wine like a little baby and still our filed goal kicker is doing awesome ….I just want to say Alex your the man, best QB in the NFL ever and I SEVEN YEARS WITH ALEX will continue to be an idiot and I truly no nothing about the game of football. Well back to my hole, I’m speechless, enough talk about how great a team we have and Alex Smith the best QB ever to step into the field. I truly need help, I don’t know what is wrong with me. help, help me I’m an idiot.

GO ALEX, GO TEAM, BLOWOUT THIS WEEKEND 13 AND 3

28. By Basil on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

7year _itch “The teams going to the play offs have actual QB’s that can throw for more than .85% TD’s a game” thats the dumbest thing you’ve said to date.
    Lets try that with Brees ….. 2011
    Att 622 ,, Comp 440 pct 70.7 .. 41 TD’s >http://www.nfl.com/player/drewbrees/2504775/profile&lt;

29. By Basil on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

“when the qb cant score td’s in the playoffs in the playoffs yeah they dont win.”
    QB’s don’t score many TD, now do they?

“teams are aware of alexs problems all of em”
    I can name 12 teams that didn’t do much about`em!

“name a team where they did nothig but kick field goals and went anywhere”
    Ravens! won the super bowl, and they went 5 games without scoring an offense TD

“.i mean if we wanted to see someone kick to score we would watch soccer”
    1. a TD is only 6 points, 2. a lot of games are won by a FG. most OT game are!

now out your brains back in your head, and go to bed!

30. By Basil on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

“yeah for another game where the kicker outscores the QB”
    kickers always out score QB’s

31. By rjdniner on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

JR BACA AND BASIL Iam thankful we have Akers and Lee
    Inever heard of the kicker and punter from the same team going to the pro bowl.

32. By Basil on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

rjd neither have I, and I’m really sorry that Reed treated him so poorly, that was just plan nasty. But he’s part of our Niners family now and we all love him! And I’m glad that his daughter is okay, I thought Reed was a better man then that? Turns out he’s a dirty SOB and I hope he loses his job, I know that makes me seem like a small person, and I don’t wish that often, but the guys a pig!!!
    rjd …… your right both are very special,
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS

33. By JR BACA, NEW MEXICO SAN FRANCISCO 49ER on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

GUYS, I HAVE A GREAT FEELING ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS, I JUST FEEL THAT HARBAUGH LEFT THE BEST FOR LAST, A BLOWOUT ON SUNDAY WOULD BE GREAT TO END THE REGULAR SEASON AND ENTER THE PLAYOFFS STRONG.
    THE BEST IS YET TO COME FROM OUR TEAM.

GO SAN FRANSISCO 49ERS>>>>>>>SUPERBOWL BOUND>>>>>>>13 AND 3 ON SUNDAY>>>>>>>

34. By Basil on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

coach has to find someone to take over V Davis’s blocking chores, we need a catching TE to help Alex as much as another blocker, set up more rolling plays, faster stuff yeah we needs us some yac, yeah lots of yac, eh?
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

35. By Basil on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

we win sunday everybody gets rested up, coaches get more time for game planing, but you can believe the rams will go for broke it doesn’t matter to them this is their last game, we know the feeling, eh?
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

36. By Basil on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

Man I really miss the LA Rams, that was a lot of fun in those days!
    Dogers Giants! … Rams Niners! Man I loved to hate the Rams, they use to take our lunch money man — then! their was Joe and life changed in ‘THE’ City that was a lot of fun at Kezar.

“I caught two alley oops that Sunday — one to beat the Rams with 2 minutes to go,” RC Owens said! yes sir lots of niner history!
    nice read on RC OWENS!
    >>>> http://www.mantecabulletin.com/archives/12914/ <<<<

37. By Basil on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

Seahawks Player Fined for Hit that Left Williams with Concussion;
    $7500 that was a real cheep shot should have been more IMHO

“Former 49ers player Michael Robinson was penalized on the play, but Seahawks special-teamer Adrian Moten was fined by the NFL for unnecessary roughness”

38. By rjdniner on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

BASIL , What did Reed do to Akers and what happen to his daughter .I just bet that players that left the niners are wishing that theyed stayed .But nobody saw this coming 12-3 soon to be 13-3 . JR BACA That WR they promoted to active roster just might be that diamond in the rough, ya never know Rams game good time to find out .

39. By Basil on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

rjd: “Eagles kicker David Akers learned shortly before the wild-card loss to Green Bay that his daughter needed to undergo surgery — possibly for cancer.” she’s okay but here you go!

“http://www.bing.com/search?q=Akers+daughter+in+Phily+sick+%3F&form=APMCS1″

through it all OUR guy Akers took the high road, what a MAN!
    let me know if you get through ?
    peace out

40. By matt on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

seven years wuth alex, you continually show your lack of basic understanding of foot ball. Further, each and every week it is proven you know nothing. Each week you spit out stats that are unrealistic or not indicative of good quarterback play. You hat the the man Alex Smith. And you disagree with the organization that is signing him to a substancial extension. You disagree with all the other players on this team that is behind Alex Smith and look to him as a leader. You don’t really like the 49ers. You arn’t being constructively critical. Your rediculous and uneducated comments of false statistics (I.E. 85% td numbers, Kickers don’t get more points than good QBs, etc.) put you beyond a fan who is critiquing his team. You don’t like the 49ers. LEAVE! Don’t show youre idiocy any more. Go away for your own sake.

41. By matt on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Further, every week A Smith makes plays that you either are incapable of seeing because of your ineptitude of the sport or incapable of seeing because of your hate. Every week, you look more and more rediculous by Smith’s play alone. You don’t see his talent. And you don’t see the coaches honing in his skillset using his talent. You’re lost in your hate. You have nothing left but to post more and more comments clouded in foolishness and stupidity. We all felt sorry for you. Well, most did in the beginning. But now you’re getting what you deserve. . . You’re a troll and a true self-dilluded fool.

42. By Bay 49ner on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

I can’t believe how many haters there still are. 13 and 3 and still no respect for Alex Smith. He might not be a Rodgers Or a Brees or Brady but those guys are gonna be in hawaii in a few weeks Alex is going to be the uninvited super bowl winner.

43. By Basil on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Akers played with these worries on his mind.

“Two days before the game, the Eagles excused Akers from practice as doctors conducted a two-hour MRI and then an ultrasound exam on Halley. Doctors said that Halley had a growth on an ovary, and that it possibly was malignant. On Monday, the day after the playoff game, the family and doctors would reconvene to discuss surgical options.”

“They used the word tumor or cyst or growth,” Akers told Fox. “And you’re like, ‘OK, what does that mean?’ Cancer is what that means. . . . You just think about your little girl. I think for me as a father it was harder than for her mother, because you think of her as ‘Daddy’s little girl.’”

Akers “In this position, no matter what, you have to be able to put [your personal life] aside for those few hours and go do your job,” Akers said. “There are so many people depending on you, other players who have put everything in, the coaches, the fans. . . .”

“The news makes even more surprising — and disappointing — the decision of coach Andy Reid to cast blame on Akers for missing two field goals during the eightfive-point defeat. “We can all count,” Reid said. “Those points would have helped.””

“Halley Akers later was diagnosed with cancer, but doctors believe that the surgery successfully removed all of it. She left the hospital once day after the surgery, and she’s doing well”

to play Akers with that information, then to put blame on him, is what do they call ,,,,
    Blame Transference from himself for being a stupid cold heartless SOB!

Like I said couple of post back ,, Akers is part of the Niners family now, and never will he or his Family be treated like that again!

sorry But I get protective of our Family !

44. By JR BACA, NEW MEXICO SAN FRANCISCO 49ER on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Akers reveals that daughter had malignant tumor

David Akers missed two make-able field goals in the in a playoff loss to the Packers two days after learning of his daughter’s illness. (AP)

Sunday, January 30, 2011
    Posted: 6:05 p.m.

After the Eagles’ 21-16 playoff loss to the Green Bay Packers, in which kicker David Akers missed two field goals, his teammate Quintin Mikell hinted that Akers had been dealing with a personal issue that may have affected his performance.

David’s been great kicker for a long time. He’s gone through a lot this week and he has some stuff going on, and for him to even be out here was big,” Mikell said. “I love Dave and he fought through a lot today and this week. I’ll just leave it at that. That was where it was left until Sunday, when the Philadelphia Inquirer reported the off-the-field issue Akers was dealing with concerned his 6-year-old daughter Halley.

Just two days prior to the Eagles’ wild-card match up, Akers was excused from practice and took his daughter to Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania, where doctors – after a two-hour MRI exam – disclosed that his Akers’ daughter Halley had a cyst on her left ovary that needed to be removed.

The day after the loss, doctors told Akers and his wife Erika that it would be in their daughter’s best interest to remove her entire left ovary. The growth was forcing the ovary to pump estrogen into her body.
The ovary was removed and Halley left the hospital a day later. The tumor turned out to be malignant, but early tests showed that doctors removed all of it. Halley will undergo monthly blood tests for the next year, then periodic testing after that. In this position, no matter what, you have to be able to put [your personal life] aside for those few hours and go do your job,” Akers told the Inquirer. “There are so many people depending on you, other players who have put everything in, the coaches, the fans. … I feel like I can play through anything, but I didn’t play well enough, so maybe that had something to do with it.
In the loss to the Packers, Akers missed field goals of 34 and 41 yards and the Eagles lost a winnable game by six points.
    We can count,” head coach Andy Reid said after the game. “Those points would have helped.” According to the story, that comment hurt Akers, and he doesn’t expect to return to the Eagles next season. That would mean for the first time since 1999, the Eagles would have a new placekicker. Akers first tried out for the Eagles in 1998 before signing on Jan. 12, 1999 – the day after Reid was named head coach. Akers is one of three players – Mikell and center Jamaal Jackson are the others – remaining from the 2004 team that reached the Super Bowl. The five-time Pro Bowler is the franchise’s all-time leader in regular-season games played (188) – he broke Brian Dawkins’ record this season – and postseason games (19), points (1,323), field goals (294) and extra-points (441). It was really cool being on the [NFL] All-Decade team, so that and this one would mean the most,” Akers said shortly before breaking Dawkins’ record. “Because it’s longevity. It just shows what hard work and perseverance and consistency mean, that I’ve been able to maintain for a while. It’s been a roller-coaster ride. There’ve been some ups and downs, but to be able to stay here throughout, that’s big.

“I’m not a big stat guy, but when somebody wants you for that length of time, it just means a lot.”

Akers was named to the NFL’s all-decade team after leading the league with 1,169 points from 2000-2009 (he still leads the league in points this century with 1,312). By scoring 143 points this season, he became the first player in NFL history with four 130-point seasons.

Akers has hit 81.9 percent of his field goals and hit at least 82 percent in eight seasons. His 134 playoff points rank him third in league history behind only Adam Vinatieri and Gary Anderson.

45. By Basil on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

yeah its strange but these haters seem to be fueled by Success, they just don’t understand that the coaches have a game plan! And their seeing it, so if they don’t like it, then they should move on? Yeah I know we’ll all miss`em, maybe they could move into the under`rock motel with 7, eh?

But I do agree we need to be more aggressive or more creative in the red`zone, because as good as or defense is (weakest part being the secondary?? imho) they will need more help against the likes of a rogers or a brees and hopefully we play one or the other or both?

But first things first, we have to beat the rams, with a wounded team, and it may not be as easy as a lot of us think?

We been hearing this all season, “this game will be the test”

Will Alex be able to play against a real team without Gore, well we did that ‘Giants’ we beat the Steelers, Thing about these haters is their always willing to give Alex some blame but never any credit! The real fans have said Alex you have won me over. Those are Fans real Ninerfaithfuler’s is
    that a word? anyway on with the show and a Happy New Year to ya all!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

46. By Basil on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Then Akers paid for a billboard thanking the fans for supporting him for 11 years, this man is a stand up guy, and i’m sorry he had to go through that! But very happy he and his Family are part of our Niner Family!

47. By rjdniner on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

JR BACA AND BASIL . That was great thank you both .

48. By JR BACA, NEW MEXICO SAN FRANCISCO 49ER on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

YOUR WELCOME BRO, GREAT GAME TOMORROW

GO 49ERS>>>>>>>13 AND 3 TOMORROW>>>>>>>THE NFC # 2 SEED AND FIRST-ROUND BYE COMING TOMORROW>>>>>>>

LETS STAY HEALTHY TEAM

49. By Basil on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

the guys a pig in many ways, he and Vicki make a fine pair as far as I’m concern, so be it!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

50. By seven years with Alex again on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

lol really wow giants game was won by the defense ….or did you forget one of the last plays of the game same with the steelers oh and yeah not a real win with crippled roths in there and still we almost lost again but defense pulled out another great play and saved alex

51. By seven years with Alex again on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

ya know what i hope Alex gets a shot at freeagency and lets just see if anyone will sign him if not im sure for the league minimum again they will use him as a back up. Face it if he is so good why is he not in probowl if he is so good why no signing rumors of how much or anyother teams looking to snatch him up. yeah we have had to deal with his lack of skills for so long no he plays mediocre and the alex lovers jump with glee.

52. By Basil on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Rams game they have nothing to lose, they’ll try everything they can to win and Fu%k up our #2 seeding and week off, so I ask you why are they so vindictive against us … eh?
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

53. By JR BACA, NEW MEXICO SAN FRANCISCO 49ER on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

SEVEN YEARS WITH ALEX AGAIN, YOU ARE NOT A 49ER FAITHFUL, ALL YOU DO IS CRAP ON OUR TEAM, GO BACK TO YOUR HOLE AS$ HOLE, A WIN IS A WIN, NO MATTER HOW ITS DONE, OFFENSE AND DEFENSE HELP EACH OTHER OUT, ITS A TEAM GAME. EITHER STOP CRAPPING ON OUR TEAM OR LEAVE THE BLOG. ALEX SMITH OUR 49ER QB IS HERE TO STAY!!!!!!!

GO 49ERS

54. By Basil on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Happy New Year ………………….. all!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

55. By rjdniner on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

HAPPY NEW YEAR , AND TOMOROW 2 ND SEED

56. By JR BACA, NEW MEXICO SAN FRANCISCO 49ER on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

IT’S GOING TO BE A HAPPY NEW YEAR WHEN WE BLOWOUT THE RAMS TOMORROW THE FIRST DAY OF 2012

WHAT A GREAT WAY TO START THE NEW YEAR 13 AND 3

NO ONE HAS IT BETTER THEN THE 49ER TEAM, COACHES, OWNERS AND THE 49ER FAITHFUL FANS OF THE WORLD

GOD BLESS OUR 49ER TEAM, AMEN

GO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>49ers

57. By Basil on Jan 1, 2012 | Reply

Let me be the first ………
    9er awards , me thinks!

Coach of the year …….. Harbaugh 9ers !

Defense player(s) of the year .. Justin Smith & Patrick Willis !

Defense Rookie of the year … Aldon Smith !

Enjoy your coffee with bits & pieces …..
    “After suffering a hamstring injury in the first quarter of a 26-0 win over the Rams on Dec. 4, 49ers linebacker Patrick Willis will make his return today against St. Louis. Willis will return to the starting lineup after missing the past three games.”

“Tight end Delanie Walker is out for this game not surprisingly after sustaining a significant injury to his jaw. Meanwhile neither Kyle Williams (concussion) nor Ted Ginn Jr. (ankle) practiced for the third straight day leading to the belief that neither one would available for Sunday’s season finale in St. Louis. Both Williams and Ginn”

wondered about this!
    “There’s a possiibility that rookie Aldon Smith didn’t get any fan votes for the Pro Bowl. Why? “(Back ups) aren’t on the ballot,” said Smith who is one sack away from setting a new record for rookie sacks in a season. “It makes sense.” Smith was referring to the fan ballot that only lists starters”
    If Aldon gets a sack today he will beat Jevon Kearse, Tennessee, Record of 14.5

“With Ted Ginn and Kyle Williams still sidelined by injuries, 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman acknowledged the obvious Thursday; Michael Crabtree and Brett Swain, the only two healthy wide receivers on the current 53-man ros”

on with the show …… good health to you!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

58. By Basil on Jan 1, 2012 | Reply

Good read !
    >>http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1005365-san-francisco-49ers-playoff-scenarios-5-best-one-on-one-matchups <<

59. By matt on Jan 1, 2012 | Reply

sevin years w. alwx what is your resonse now? Nearly a 100 qb rating with practise squad receivers roaming the gridiron. And do please give us the garbage that it’s agains the rams after all they did hold Breez to ZERO touchdowns. . .HAHAHAHAHAhahaa, it is so pleasant to see the hate stew in their misery. Alex Smith has contributed to us getting to the playoffs WITH A BYE. Come back haters when his next contract expires. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

60. By Basil on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

NOT GOOD NEWS @ ALL!
    “The Penn State head coach search has taken a lot of time to get figured out and has involved a number of candidates. Roman reportedly interviewed for the position a month ago and is getting another opportunity to chat with PSU. Bill O’Brien has been considered one of the lead candidates in recent days, but now Roman is reportedly a finalist for the position. According to Eric Branch, Roman was offered the Tulane head coach job earlier this year but turned it down”

“It will be interesting to see how this scenario plays out over the next week. The 49ers are preparing for a divisional round game and will be getting the game-plan set. If Roman gets the Penn State job, I would like to think he would stick around San Francisco until the conclusion of their playoffs. However, the whole recruiting process remains an issue as colleges often want guys going right away so they don’t fall behind in the process. If you follow college football a bit closer than me (which is a lot of people), feel free to throw out your thoughts on whether getting the job would mean Roman leaves town before the end of the playoffs or after.”
    I’ve also heard that Jim Tomsula ‘Defensive Line Coach’ could be in line for a collage head coaching job,
    This will not be the same team next year!