49ers Add LeGree to P-Squad

Posted by Alex Espinoza on November 15, 2011 – 5:36 PM

The San Francisco 49ers announced that they have signed S Mark LeGree to the team’s practice squad. The team also released WR John Matthews from the practice squad.

LeGree (6-0, 210) was originally a fifth round draft choice (156th overall) by the Seattle Seahawks in the 2011 NFL Draft and was later released following training camp. He then was signed to the Arizona Cardinals practice squad on 9/21, and later released on Oct. 5.

LeGree, a 22-year old native of Columbus, GA, starred collegiately at Appalachian State where he was a three-time All-American, notching 198 tackles and 22 interceptions. He was a teammate of 49ers rookie G Daniel Kilgore.

Matthews had been signed to the 49ers practice squad on Oct. 4.

11 Responses to “49ers Add LeGree to P-Squad”

1. By INJHWeTrust on Nov 15, 2011 | Reply

Hmm he was on both SEA and AZ, very strategic Harbaugh.

2. By John Wayne 49 on Nov 15, 2011 | Reply

Get em Mark!

3. By Sue Naff on Nov 16, 2011 | Reply

This is one FINE young man and AWESOME football player! WAY TO GO, MARK! I’M OVER-THE-TOP PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!

4. By Doug on Nov 16, 2011 | Reply

I’m glad his parents didn’t name him Simon.

5. By Jay on Nov 16, 2011 | Reply

YESsss, another good db! I hope he gets activated this season as a DB, R.smith is getting burned every play, smith should consider playing in special teams. Guys vote for the 9ers to be in the probowl!!!

6. By Somebodyelse on Nov 17, 2011 | Reply

Jay, I not only plan to vote for the Pro Bowl, I have just purchased tickets yesterday, so I can root for the niners that are voted in. Go niners. I wonder how many will make it this year? Will it be like the old 90s where the NFC team was mostly Niners and Cowboys? I could see an NFC team of SF and GB players. My only gripe is that due to his last six seasons, Alex will get snubbed even with his excellent play this year. Regardless, Go Niners! Its Superbowl or Bust just like it used to be!

7. By jrparker on Nov 17, 2011 | Reply

He is your prototypical SS with better then average speed and good ball hawking skills. I see him being two years away from being a starter or quality backup with good coaching. Good pick up. He represents one less player we will have to draft next year.

8. By jrparker on Nov 17, 2011 | Reply

After watching film on LeGree I was left feeling a tad bewildered over Seattle and Arizona’s decision to let him go. I mean the kid has some serious talent.

9. By Jay on Nov 17, 2011 | Reply

Sombodyelse, yeah man just checking, I am getting tired of seeing all packer players ahead of the polls..(lol). its ridiculous! Jrparker, we still need to addresss wr’s and dbs in next years draft, possibly more rushers. Alex smith actually should make it to the probowl, were 8-1 cause of him!

10. By Basil on Nov 17, 2011 | Reply

Good pick up, but IHMO we need a WR! TO ???? yeah I know! but
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONINERS!

11. By tarcule on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Somebodyelse We’ll see you in Oahu 1-29-12,…was there last Probowl sporting P Willis’s Jersey even if he did not play,.. the NFL Official tailgate party is great too. I think we will have at least 6 probowlers! Who has it better than us? NOOOOOOOBODY!