Harbaugh: “You feel for them all”

Posted by Taylor Price on September 3, 2011 – 5:55 PM

As a former NFL quarterback with 15 seasons of playing experience under his belt, Jim Harbaugh has seen his share of cut-down days.

So to be expected, the 49ers head coach felt compassion for the 26 players released by the team on Saturday.

“You feel for them all,” Harbaugh said on a conference call. “They worked really hard.”

Harbaugh noted that although those 26 players didn’t make the final roster, they benefitted from gaining quality experience in training camp. He especially felt for the players who’ve previously been on the 49ers roster.

Perhaps the most important news of the call touched on Harbaugh’s former position.

The 49ers coach said it’s possible the team could bring in a third quarterback to add to the group of Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick. “I anticipate there will be one in the building, practice squad or other,” he said.

If the 49ers elect to utilize two quarterbacks on the roster, they’re well aware of it what it means.

“Any team that carries two quarterbacks at this time,” Harbaugh said, “You’re rolling the dice and we understand that.”

The 49ers have two fullbacks and two tight ends, but rookie Bruce Miller will be the backup fullback and third tight end, Harbaugh said.

It appears a different backup in the backfield has been determined, too. Rookie Kendall Hunter will serve as Frank Gore’s understudy, ahead of second-year runner Anthony Dixon.

Gore was also mentioned by Harbaugh, when the coach discussed Saturday’s team meeting.

Gore and linebacker Patrick Willis were elected team captains, representing the offensive and defensive units respectively. Based on a vote by their teammates, each player was acknowledged in the meeting where they spoke in front of their teammates.

“The mood was good with the squad when we met today,” Harbaugh said. “Patrick and Frank Gore summed it up – it starts right now getting ready for Seattle and that’s the mood. It’s serious and they’re ready to get going.”

Harbaugh said two of those players eager to play, undrafted defensive linemen Demarcus Dobbs and Ian Williams, made it hard on the coaching staff for them to say goodbye and release the talented linemen.

“They had good upside,” Harbaugh said. “They were men who earned their way on to the roster.”

The inclusion of special teams players like linebacker Blake Costanzo and rookie safety Colin Jones wasn’t as difficult of a decision to make. With respected coordinator Brad Seely on board to coach special teams, there’s been a clear commitment by Harbaugh and his staff on winning the third phase of the game.

“That’s a sign we want to be strong on special teams,” Harbaugh said.

Tags: , ,

78 Responses to “Harbaugh: “You feel for them all””

1. By MIke on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

They need to make Anthony Dixon.the number two RB

2. By IHOP on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

You know, u wouldn’t need to “roll the dice” if you didn’t sign one of the absolute WORST choices at QB out of free agency, I mean seriously Culpepper might not be fantastic but he would’ve made a decent backup and hell who’s to say Favre is above coming out of retirement again. SMH… SMH

3. By leeznutz on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

How the hell do you get rid of dobbs who was a beast inside?

4. By Jim on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

@leeznutz They did not cut Dobbs.

5. By romes on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

umm didnt get rid of him…these are usually great articles but you usually have to read them first…

6. By Fail on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Really Harbaugh????? Kaepernick is a huge fail McCown Did better in 4 mins of play than what he did in the full pre-season……. After that decision i believe anyone could make it as a niners coach.

7. By Jim on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

The way the article reads it does sound like they cut Dobbs even though everything else says he made the 53. Confusing.

8. By JR Baca in New Mexico on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A GREAT SEASON, COACHES KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. THIS IS ALEX SMITH’S SEASON, HE HAS BEEN GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY AS STARTING QUARTERBACK OF OUR TEAM AND I BELIEVE THAT HE IS GOING TO ACHIEVE HIS PURPOSE FOR HIS LIFE WITH A NEW AWESOME COACH IN JIM HARBAUGH, ALEX IS GOING TO SHINE THIS SEASON. THE DEFENSE LOOKS REAL GOOD THE O-LINE IS DOING MUCH BETTER, IT IS GOING TO BE AN EXCITING SEASON FOR ALL OF US 49ER FANS. LETS STAY POSITIVE AND SUPPORT OUR TEAM. GO 49ERS, WEST COAST OFFENSE ALL THE WAY>>>>>>>

9. By time2speakup on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Amen JR Baca. Venting and Blogging are both all good. And right up to this minute, everybody with a negative bone in their body have chimed in on areas/players they did not love. OK – Negative Neighbors, you’ve had your say. You have been oh so orginal, innovative and informative (Right!). Thank you. Now please, like JR said, let’s show the world how locked in and together we are as Niner Faithful and send out nothing but positive vibes – win lose or draw. This is our team! Go Niners!

10. By Dave on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Hello, I have a question they didn´t mentioned what happened with the other rookie the CB Curtis Holcomb, I don´t know if he made the final 53 roster?, or will be in the practice squad?.
    Thanks and have a great year niners.

11. By willie nelson on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Now is the time to trade Craptree, ops, i mean Crabtree.

12. By missouri 9er on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Hopefully a few of these guys can be put on the practice squad. I would hate to be the one to tell some of these guys they didnt make it, TOUGH decisions but you gota trust the staff.

13. By JR Baca in New Mexico on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

IT’S ALL ABOUT THE LOVE OF THE GAME AND IT’S ALL ABOUT THE LOVE OF OUR TEAM. 36 YEARS AS A 49ER FAN IN NEW MEXICO WHICH IS A DALLAS COWGIRL AND DENVER BRONCO STATE. IT IS SO SO COOL WHEN THE 49ERS BEAT THESE 2 TEAMS. WE AT NEW MEXICO NINER NATION, WE GET TOGETHER AT OUR LOCAL SPORTS BARS AND RAZZ BRONCO AND COWGIRL FANS.

GO 49ERS>>>>>>>

14. By David on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Get Rid of dobbs?????????????? wow. Who is showin better??????

15. By David on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

I rep Niners BIG time like we should. Im on the So. Cal. Peeps, When are team see’s this talent like dobbs makes me truly wonder. Wher is that faithful knowledge of what is what. Coaching that is.

16. By Texas 9er on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

I hate Philip Adams was cut. I think he’s got some skills at db and returning punts. Guess he didnt get enough chances to prove himself.

17. By NINERFAMILY4LIFE on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

I strongly believe that under coach Harbaugh Alex is going to shine like a new DIME. He’s always had it in him he just got off to a rough and I mean rough 5yrs but for him to hang in there and continue to compete despite being thrown under the bus by Fans as well as the media says a lot about the man and the Professional. I said it before that, “Alex will breakout and when he does I hope he’s wearing a 49er jersey”. Look, I’ll sum this up. All the weapons are go! It’s Our Time…………GO 49ERS!

18. By THENinerFAN on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

9ers! Haters shut it. Our boys will knock you in the mouth come game day. Win, loose, who cares, game day baby. To rebuild our team, we have to start somewhere, and this is that place. Coach is worthy of that title, unlike the last few. Get on the field and show them what West Coast is about. Niners for life.

19. By abe37 on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

I am SOO hopeful that the niners will do a great job this season… Our defence will come together and put up some points themselves.. They are my fantasy Defense!! the offense will start to gel well as the O coordinator will expand the offense and throw more plays out there.. Great season ahead of us Niner Nation!! no matter where u are in the nation (im in san diego) we have to support our team every single time they go into battle!!!

Now that Ziegler unfortunately got released the #17 is available.. I wonder if Braylon is gonna get it?

20. By abe37 on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

oh and im glad to see that Kendall Hunter will be #2 behing our beast of a running back Frank Gore… Thta can be a great 1-2 punch!! I may even pick Hunter up on my fantasy!!

21. By dimndinthruf on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

YES YES YES!!! Let’s go Niners one at time and take them all down!! Starting with seattle…Let’s show the media who will actually win the NFC west; St. Louis…(Seriously) I DON’T THINK SO. we may be a young team and under a new coaching staff, but if you look at games two and four of the preseason; our O-line can protect…they just have to keep it up for the whole season.
    Alex needs to get with his receivers and TE’s to get the timing down not just in practice. Accuracy… kind of a big thing in the NFL when you’re a QB.
    Yeah…kind of a blow I would imagine to Anthony Dixon, but we all watched in preseason KH is a little better. Well, Iam looking forward to some really good games (nail biters or blow outs) this season.
    I know Harbaugh has something up his sleeve. I can’t wait…

God Bless, everyone. Remember take care not to eat too much junk so you don’t have a heart attack and miss some damn good football!!!! Go 49ers!!!!

22. By will from the city on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Glad to see so many positive niner fans and all those negative doomsayers silenced by the win over san diego. We need to mature as an offense and defense. By mid season, look out nfc west opponents.

23. By pekelo44 on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Congratulating all the players, coaches, and personal for giving everyone a great preseason. I am looking forward to all the games we play this season and especially the conference. I am sure everybody will watch closely to our team. I cannot wait till the season operer against the seahawks, it should be a real good one at home. Go Faithful — Get em NINERS

24. By Richard on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Here We Go!! It’s Time i really don’t need to say much but its our time 9ers our schedule favors us we can accomplish our goal this team will rise this team will win no doubt in my head lets just go out and play to win… time for Operation Shock an Awe sick of reporters and so called “fans” down talking our team lets roll

25. By Crowebar on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

I am looking forward to a great season. We have a great short game defense. Shoot, maybe we can sign the Bears LB (don’t want to name names from other teams) that’s upset about his contract there and really beef it up. Our secondary is coming together and may be good by half way through the season. We have awesome offensive weapons on offense with Crabtree, Davis, Edwards, Gore etc… All we need is a half-way decent QB and we would dominate the NFC, let alone the NFC West. Alex Smith has had 7 years and done nothing even halway respectable, I’m sorry, people can whine about different Coaches etc… by now he’s either good or he isn’t and he isn’t. If we were to release him today there are 31 other teams out there that don’t want him. I love the 9ers and will root for them til I die, but PLEASE – release A. Smith and get ANYONE else. Troy Smith WAY out performed him last year, why did we release him? I just don’t get it….. Still think the 49ers will take the WEST, we would take the NFC if we would replace Alex.

26. By Gary MO 9er fan on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Hope some of those guys make the practice squad????
    Wish I could go to a game or two, but living in MO
    just can’t do it maybe a lamps game. GOOOOOO 9ers

27. By Matt on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Seattle is having problems with their o-line lets hope that Aldon Smith gets to play in that game. Looks like it should be an easy win for the 49ers…Just don’t mess it up

28. By AlexMcD32 on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Here’s something that hasn’t happened this year once….How about all the true 49er faithful let the coaching staff and front office do their job while we do ours and show our un-relentless support. This whole off-season I keep seeing negative stuff about our staff and front office. And in free agency they were just being patient and eventually made really good decisions and then all the talkers had that thrown in their face…maybe at theend of this season the same thing will happen.

29. By CT49ER on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Win or lose this season its nice to see both the fans and players enthusiasm under coach Harbaugh. I am excited to watch this team develop back into a WCO powerhouse. Go Niners!

30. By faithfulmeister on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Tough moves, mostly good moves. However, notice we only have 3 OT on the roster. If Davis or Staley go down – and they usually do – we’ve got Boone. And if he goes down, . . . . we’ve got . . . no one . . . except moving Snyder to tackle again. I like the guard positions but we need more depth at tackle. Better to give up yet another WR than OT. GO NINERS !!!

31. By tom in nj on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Congrats to all 53!Like keeping Dobbs! He couldn’t get blocked in San D!..Reuland I thought was nick named “Novacek”.. How he not make cut if thats so? I c 2x pro bowl safety Mariweather was cut by Pats…BE good addition!GO NINERS!

32. By JR Baca in New Mexico on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

I PRAY NO ONE GOES DOWN!

33. By Red&Gold 4 life on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

I was a little stunned to see Wraggae cut, but we must move on, and I must say I am shocked by the performance Kendall Hunter put on for a rookie. The guy hits the hole like umm let me see FRANK GORE. This could be a nasty backfield tandem. And now that preseason is over, Harbaugh can show all of us die hard fans what kind of attacks he has in that playbook. GO NINERS. BEAT THE S#!* OUT OF SEATTLE.

34. By irvin on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

WHAT THE HECK ARE U DOIN COACH U R ROLLING THE DICE .WHAT THE HELL .WHAT HAPPENS IF U CRAP OUT ?ANOTHER LOSIN SEASON .DIE HARD NINER FANS ARE GETTING IMPATIENT AFTER ALL ITS BEEN 9YEARS

35. By Hank47ca1 on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Being a 49er fan since ’77 it’s patience, perseverance, faith and trust! Every team goes goes through every phase and makes it’s mistakes. Maybe if we (True 49er fans) would quit having a negative attitude every year because we didn’t go to the SB or smash every team we play maybe we would all enjoy “THE LOVE OF THE GAME” and that’s what we all truly want! To enjoy Football as a part of our life with the violence, trash talk, and that negative stuff! That is all part of of our “humaness” so lets enjoy it as its given to us!! May God Bless us all, keep the players safe, and enjoy another great season win or lose.

36. By Hank47ca1 on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

OOPS! I meant WITHOUT THE VIOLENCE typo error

37. By Hank47ca1 on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

go niners!

38. By Dago on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

@leeznutz Dobbs was not released, it say he was one of those players that made it hard for them to say goodbye and release in other words they kept him.. check the roster he’s still on there and the players that have been cut (Ziegler, C. Taylor etc.) are not on there anymore

39. By 49ersbestfan on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

i hope ronald johnson and phillip adams make the practice squad

40. By 49ersbestfan on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

ok harbaugh even tho i dont like the alex smith guy at qb! all i can do is hope you know what you are doing and believe in your caching all im asking is please dont let us down! Either we are the worst team in the league or playoff bound no more middle of the pack non playoff teams lol

41. By ninersallday on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

TO IHOP- its fans like you that we dont need. Theres a reason he is the coach and you are not. So when alex smith starts putting up good numbers and winning games, you and allll your other fake fans need to just find a new team.

Niners all day

42. By ninersallday on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

i wanna change my last comment and just direct it to ALL the FAKE 49er fans. im start writing the names down and when we start winning when you try to post how faithful you have been, BAM! thats when ima get ya.

Niners all day

43. By Andy Firth on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

I am living in New Zealand now and am a huge 49er fan after living in San Jose a good part of my life. I do agree we need a good QB but if Alex Smith has been given the reins then its been for a reason in that coach sees something in him that made his mind up that he was the best man for the job.So lets just go out and support our team and take one game at a time Seattle. Go Niners!!!!!

44. By John L on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

It is game time baby. Let’s roll niners. Everyone leave the coaching to Harbaugh.I like what the guy has done. If he trusts Smith at this point then I have to go with his feeling. He knows more about what is happening with the team then the rest of us do.

45. By JR Baca in New Mexico on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

irvin, stop being a downer fan, stop looking at the past, the past is dead, you can never go back to it and who wants too. Lets be positive and back our team 110%, Harbaugh knows exactly what he is doing. It is niner time. Our team is going to be awesome this year. The season has not even started yet and you say it is going to be a losing season. Well the majority of TRUE niner faithful fans would agree with me that the 49ers are going to be awesome this year. Have faith in our coach and in our team especially Alex Smith, he is going to do great things this season. Have fun with it, it is a new season with some new players. Lets support our team, no negative junk!

Go 49ers>>>>>>>SuperBowl Bound>>>>>>>

46. By David Whitaker on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Watch 9ers faithful, Alex and our new choaching staff takes us to thr SB and win our 6th

47. By cardsrule11 on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

HARBAUGH IS A F*** JOKE HE ISNT GOING TO MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE FOR THE SH*TTY NINERS LAST PLACE THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PROBABLY HAVE WORST RECORD IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

48. By cardsrule11 on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

ALEX SMITH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?! IS THE SHI*TTIEST QB TO EVER BE DRAFTED NUMBER1 HE IS WORST THEN JAMARCUS RUSSEL!!!!!AND HE IS STILL THE STARTER FOR THE NINERS?!?!?!?!?!?! ENTIRE ORGANIZATION SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

49. By dimndinthruf on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

I love to see the enthusiasm we have as niner fans. We will definitely win more than 6 games. Believe me I, just as much as you guys want to see us in the SB but, I think it might take til next year to get there.
    I am very impatient to see what HARBAUGH and the staff have planned.
    Win or lose…Win though, I will be watching til the very end. I made the mistake of stopping a recording when we played Carolina and T.O. was with us and we came back and won the game, Just say’n we’re never out of it; that’s the way it was last year in most games with Coach Sing. I believe (no disrespect to Coach Sing) we have a better staff and plan to win from now on.

50. By HW1 on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Great job guys, everything looks good with the exception of dept at tackle and letting go Zeigler! Go niners and Go Alex Smith! build on ur confidents and tell ur O-line that they need to get it together or we will have no shot! should have the best line in football, all these #1s and #2s

51. By HW1 on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Coach you may not like this but you really oft to think about swiching both Staley and Davis around! Staleys better on the right side, if not our QBs will have a long season picking themselves off the ground! that does not bolt well for confident! we will have a bunch of scared QBs! 4real!

52. By Jose on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

I can’t believe they cut Wragge, Rueland, P. Davis, Ziegler and R. Johnson hopefully they’ll join the practice squad. I can’t wait until next Sunday to see the team run the real playbook that Harbaugh didn’t want to show any of our opponent’s during preseason. I have confidence that our team will win the West because we have the better offense and defense in our division .

53. By Johnny on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Well, I hope we can have a great year, it´s just a matter of time, by the way…. someone can tell me if the other rookie CB Curtis Holcomb continue in the 53 roster, or he will stay in the practice squad?,
    And go niners this is our year for making great things.

54. By Hank47ca1 on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Being a Niner fan since ’77, you’ve pretty much seen all of it,the changes of ownership, the mistakes, the drafts we think should of been done,etc., etc. But all in all it comes down to just in enjoying the “Love of the Game”. Too much, lately every sport has come to being marred by trash talk and, hence I say VIOLENCE(i.e Dodger incident, niner/raider game.) and who is to blame? US the fans, it’s just plain stupidity that someone would be beat to brain damage over a few words of talk even if it a bad comment to your team! It’s just a game! We need to go back and remember we get together for these to enjoy light hearted competition and enjoy time away from our day to day grind and enjoy our team (win or lose) God Bless the Players may they be kept safe as possible (the game is violent enough) and we as fans should remember we are ALL U.S. CITIZENS AND NEED TO ENJOY as it is a game.If your a REAL fan you the whether we go to the S.B. or we win every game. . .OR NOT! God Bless everyone, and GO NINERS!!

55. By JR Baca in New Mexico on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

YOU GOT IT JOSE, THEY ARE MUCH BETTER ON BOTH SIDES, 6 TIME CHAMPIONS…….GO SF49ERS>>>>>>>

56. By cardsrule11 on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

LOL NINERS ARE GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NINERS GOING LAST IN THE DIVISION THIS YEAR AND MORE THEN LIKELY HAVE WORST RECORD IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!CARDINALS GOING TO WIN DIVISION AND GO BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

57. By cardsrule11 on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

6 TIME CHAMPS YA LIKE 100 YEARS AGO HAVENT DONE NOTHING IN LAST 15-20 YEARS NINERS ARE A JOKE OF AN ORGANIZATION!!!!!!!!!!!

58. By Tarcules on Sep 5, 2011 | Reply

wow,…. this page is so much better than my drama Facebook page! I love reading all the comments, thanks guys n gals and JH! As for our Niners,….. Our expectancy is meeting up with our reality” WE ARE LOOKING GOOD!! GO NINERS !!

59. By raymond on Sep 5, 2011 | Reply

lets the season begin then go from there because u do remember the opener last season, right.

60. By cardsrule11 on Sep 5, 2011 | Reply

49ers are garbage! 5 time champions like a 100years ago you guys are never going to make the playoffs again you have a garbage headcoach garbage qb and garbage owner! cardinals taking the division AGAIN and going back to the superbowl AGAIN!

61. By JR Baca in New Mexico on Sep 5, 2011 | Reply

DON’T LOOK AT THE PAST RAYMOND, STAY POSITIVE, IT’S A NEW SEASON AND AN ALMOST NEW TEAM!

go 49ers>>>>>>>

62. By ny49er on Sep 5, 2011 | Reply

we are not solid at quaterback! and the o-line needs to be at its peak,we cant afford for any of these guys to get hurt and if they do we got problems

63. By ny49er on Sep 5, 2011 | Reply

i knew signing a bum like mc clown was a bad idea,if all else fails get culpepper if he is still available!

64. By JR Baca in New Mexico on Sep 5, 2011 | Reply

NY49ER WE ARE VERY SOLID AT QB, ALEX IS GOING TO DO GREAT, THIS BLOG NEEDS TO STAY POSITIVE, WE NEED TO SUPPORT OUR TEAM AT ALL TIMES. DO YOU EVEN KNOW THAT WE PICKED UP QB SCOTT TOLZIEN FROM THE CHARGERS? COACHING STAFF KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE DOING. ALEX HAS DONE MUCH BETTER THAN MOST OF YOUR BETTER QUARTERBACKS IN THE NFL.

65. By TP on Sep 5, 2011 | Reply

SHUT YOUR MOUTH!! YOU SOUND SO STUPID!! “OH ALEX IS GOING TO GREAT! EVERYONE NEEDS TO STAY POSITIVE” HE HASN’T BEEN GREAT EVER! I DON’T CARE ABOUT RED ZONE PCT’S OR WHATEVER. THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT ALEX DOES NOT WIN GAMES! WE ARE THE 49ERS AND WE BELONG IN THE PLAYOFFS AND NOT IN THE TOP 10 IN THE DRAFT!! WE WILL NOT WIN PLAYOFF GAMES WITH THAT JOKER PLAYING QB! FACT!! I KNOW HE IS NOT THE WHOLE PROBLEM BUT HE IS NOT THE SOLUTION EITHER! YOU THINK IM THE ONLY ONE WHO WANTS HIM GONE? HOW ABOUT THE 50,000 FAITHFUL WHO GREET HIM WITH BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?? I WILL NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BASHING HIM UNTIL HE IS NO LONGER A 49ER! THEN I WILL CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

66. By JR Baca in New Mexico on Sep 5, 2011 | Reply

TP YOU DON’T TELL ME TO SHUT MY MOUTH, KISS MY A_ _ AND GO FIND ANOTHER TEAM TO CRY ABOUT, YOU ARE A LOOSER, YOU ARE NOT A TRUE 49ERS FAN, YOU ARE A CRY BABY. ALL YOU ALEX HATERS ARE GOING DOWN THIS SEASON. THIS BLOG HAS BEEN POSITIVE TILL YOU SHOWED UP. GO JOIN THE RAIDERS, WE DON’T NEED YOUR NEGATIVE GARBAGE. YOUR STUCK IN THE PAST. ALEX IS GOING TO BE AWESOME THIS SEASON, AND MILLIONS OF TRUE 49ER FANS WOULD AGREE WITH ME. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TO YOUR HATE YOU STUPID S.O.B.

67. By Lynn Gruchow on Sep 5, 2011 | Reply

Attn Irvin & JR Baca

I agree pretty much with what JR Baca has said in his two posted comments. Especially in his comment to Irvin. Stop all the bickering about what decisions were made. Keep in mind that the coach has said all positions would be open to competition, and rememeber that it looks like he kept the ones who scrapped the hardest and had the most potential long term for the team. yes, I too have had problems with the play of Alex Smith, but occasionally he played splendidly. I really hope coach called this one right, but we did not have much else to work with without giving up a lot. Let’s keep the faith and support these guys. Even the O’ line who were mostly new last year is now more seasoned. We have increased speed and athletic ability in the backfield, and coach has improved the overall attitude of the team. Go 9′ers. Give the media something to chew on this year. We all deserve to have a good year. Irvin said it correctly. 9 years. Way too long.

68. By realfaned on Sep 6, 2011 | Reply

Every year is the same thing the team does good you praise them, the team does bad you want to change everything and put them down. Blab blab blab whatever keep posting because that is what this site is for, but in the end it’s always the same fact that Alex Smith will never be a franchise QB, and will not sell tickets to the new stadium.

69. By TP on Sep 6, 2011 | Reply

you dont phase me with your B!TCH T!TS you fat slob. keep your love for alex going while eating cheetos and picking boogers. retard. go kiss alex smith on the nut$

70. By JR Baca in New Mexico on Sep 6, 2011 | Reply

WOW TP, YOU JUST DESCRIBED YOURSELF, YOU DON’T LIKE ALEX JUST LEAVE, GO FIND ANOTHER TEAM TO CRY ABOUT. YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP, ANGER MANAGEMENT IS WHAT YOU NEED. YOU DO NOT KNOW A THING ABOUT FOOTBALL, ALL YOU DO IS CRY, CRY AND CRY. ALEX IS GOING TO SHINE THIS SEASON WITH A GREAT COACH IN JIM HARBAUGH. THE WHOLE TEAM IS GOING TO BE GREAT THIS SEASON. YOU STILL DON’T GET IT, THAT IT WAS NOT ALL ALEX SMITH’S FAULT THE PAST 7 YEARS. HE HAS HAD BAD COACHING THROUGHOUT THOSE SEVEN YEARS. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO SAY WHEN ALEX TAKES US TO THE SUPERBOWL TP? WE ALL HOPE YOU SAY THAT YOU WERE WRONG ABOUT ALEX. WE ALL GET MAD WHEN THINGS DON’T GO THE WAY WE WANT THEM TO, BUT WE GET OVER IT, WE DON’T HOLD A GRUDGE. HAVE FUN WITH IT, CALM DOWN, TRUST IN OUR NEW COACHING STAFF. FORGIVE ME FOR SAYING THE WORDS THAT I SAID TO YOU TP, WE NEED TO GET ALONG AS FANS AND SUPPORT OUR NEW AND IMPROVED TEAM. WHEN OTHER TEAMS COME TO READ OUR BLOG, THEY WILL SAY “WOW THESE 49ER FANS ARE POSITIVE AND GET ALONG WELL”. ANYWAY I HOPE THAT WE ALL COULD SUPPORT OUR TEAM AND STOP THE NAME CALLING, WE ARE ALL ROOTING FOR THE SAME TEAM THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS, THE BEST NFL TEAM EVER. EVEN BETTER THEN PAST 49ER TEAMS. LET’S ALL GO FORTH AND BE ONE FOR OUR TEAM.

GO 49ERS>>>>>>>

71. By ivan on Sep 6, 2011 | Reply

people learn how to read….On ian williams and Dobbs haurbaugh state those are two men that earned their way on the roster spots..!!! Duhh!!! lol..that doesnt sound like they released either of them.

72. By TP on Sep 6, 2011 | Reply

JUST BEING HONEST BACA. I DON’T SEE A DECENT QB IN ALEX AND I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT ANYONE DOES! YOU KNOW WHAT? IF ALEX TAKES US TO THE SUPERBOWL I WILL GET TIX ON THE 50YD LINE AND HOLD SIGNS THAT READ WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE. I’M A LOSER, I WAS WRONG, WHATEVER YOU WANT! BUT IF HE DOESN’T TAKE US TO THE PLAYOFFS OR GO AT LEAST 8-8 I DON’T WANT TO READ YOU SAYING THAT
    “HE WILL BE THE GREATEST QB EVER. JUST GIVE HIM A CHANCE” NEXT YEAR. HE’S HAD ENOUGH CHANCES. BAD COACHING OR NOT! IF HE DOESN’T IMPROVE THIS YEAR HE NEEDS TO GO BYEBYE!!!!!

73. By TP on Sep 6, 2011 | Reply

DAVID GARRARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

74. By JR Baca in New Mexico on Sep 6, 2011 | Reply

I AGREE WITH YOU TP IF ALEX ENDS UP DOING BAD, HARBAUGH WILL SIT HIM DOWN AND HE WONT COME BACK NEXT YEAR. BUT I HAVE A GOOD FEELING ABOUT ALEX, I THINK HE WAS GIVEN ANOTHER CHANCE, AND THIS YEAR HE HAS SOMETHING TO PROVE. THE WHOLE TEAM LET US DOWN FOR THE PAST YEARS, REAL BAD COACHING. I THINK THE ONLY COACH THAT BROUGHT TOUGHNESS TO OUR TEAM EVEN THOUGH WE DID NOT GO FAR WAS SMASH MOUTH MIKE SINGLETARY. I HAVE A REAL GOOD FEELING ABOUT THIS SEASON, HARBAUGH IS PUTTING TOGETHER AN AWESOME TEAM. WE HAVEN’T SEEN ANYTHING YET BUT HARBAUGH HAS A HIDDEN AGENDA THAT HE WILL REVEAL REAL SOON. HE IS LEAVING THE BEST FOR THE REGULAR SEASON. LETS BAN TOGETHER BRO AS 49ER FANS, AND SUPPORT OUR TEAM, NOT LIKE THAT STUPID ARIZONA FAN THAT KEEPS ON CRA_ING ON OUR TEAM. HAY cardsrule11 YOUR ARIZONA CARDINALS ARE GOING DOWN THIS SEASON, 49ERS ARE GOING TO BLOW YOUR CARDINALS OUT OF THE THE WATER COME THIS REGULAR SEASON, LOOK FOR A BLOWOUT PAL AND GO STICK TO YOUR OWN ARIZONA BLOG!

75. By Mike on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

CARDSRULE11 loser needs a life.

76. By JR Baca in New Mexico on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

Have any of you seen that motivational DVD that Mike Singletary put out? It is real good. It is called Get Coached By Mike Singletary, I keep it at my office. I have done trainings with my staff and it has changed some of their lives, it changed my life, made me a better person. I got mine at Amazon , but any popular book store might have it.

77. By chuck on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

frisco has the makings of true contender….but they need a legit general alex has proven hes not the man……..2 think we took him over rodgers!!!!!!!!! it be nice 2 see them get into the post season & play in the stick…before they move

78. By chuck on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

i want carson PALMER he is legit!!!!!!!!!