Candlestick Park, home of the five-time Super Bowl champion San Francisco 49ers, has one Saturday kickoff slated for 2011. However, the participating teams won’t be from the NFL, but from college football.
On Saturday, Sept. 3, the California Bears host the Fresno State Bulldogs in a game being dubbed as, “The Battle By the Bay.”
Tickets for the general public are on sale and can be purchased here. Kickoff is set for 4:00 p.m.
Motorists should expect delays on all bridges and freeways leading into San Francisco for at least two hours before the start of the game and for at least two hours after the end of the game. Fans attending the games are encouraged to take public transportation.
For more information, please visit www.sfmta.com/football.
Muni offers several ways to get to Candlestick Park from locations throughout San Francisco. This Saturday there will be two Muni Express routes and two Shuttles. Special service and special event price will start at 1 p.m.
The Muni Express route is Special Event Fare Service
• Adult fare: $12 roundtrip
• Youth/Senior/Disabled fare: $10 roundtrip
• Muni monthly pass, Passport or CityPass Special Event Add-on fare: $8 roundtrip (adult and discount pass holders)
The Candlestick Shuttles are regular fare service, $2 adult per trip and $.75 for youth/senior/disabled per trip.
In order for Clipper customers with a monthly pass to obtain the add-on fare discount, at least $8 in cash value must be loaded to their Clipper cards prior to boarding the special event Muni service.
Customers can load their cards online at http://www.clippercard.com (please allow at least five days for processing), or at one of the participating Clipper vendors or ticket vending machines in a Muni Metro station. Please go to http://www.sfmta.com for fare details.
For service to and from the game, T Third customers should transfer at the Gilman/Paul station to the 87 Candlestick Shuttle, which operates directly between the station and Candlestick Park.
On Saturday, Muni customers may purchase their fare in advance. SFMTA staff will sell Muni fares from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the following locations:
• Balboa Park BART Station
• Sutter Street/Sansome Street
• 75X Candlestick Express – from Balboa Park BART
• 79X Candlestick Express – from Sutter and Sansome
• 86S Candlestick Shuttle – from Bacon and San Bruno
• 87S Candlestick Shuttle – from Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
• 75X Candlestick Express – to Balboa Park BART
• 79X Candlestick Express – to Kearny and Sutter
• 86S Candlestick Shuttle – to Bacon and San Bruno
• 87S Candlestick Shuttle – to Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
Fans traveling on BART can connect to the 79X Candlestick Express, which starts near the Montgomery Station or the 75X Candlestick Express near the Balboa Park Station. AC Transit customers to the Transbay Terminal can either take the 79X Candlestick Express bus or the T Third light rail train.
Posted in Announcements | 17 Comments »