Report: Kaepernick Had Minor Surgery

Posted by Taylor Price on May 13, 2011 – 2:12 PM

According to 49ers beat writer Matt Barrows of The Sacramento Bee, rookie 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick had a minor surgical procedure on his lower left leg following the 2011 NFL Draft.

Aware of the procedure, the 49ers issued this statement on Friday:

“The 49ers are aware that Colin Kaepernick underwent a procedure to address a pre-existing injury and were fully aware of the injury at the time of the draft. The 49ers have no concerns regarding his health and are confident that he will be ready for the 2011 NFL season.”

Tags:
Posted in Announcements, Breaking News | 21 Comments »

21 Responses to “Report: Kaepernick Had Minor Surgery”

1. By Travis Kooi on May 13, 2011 | Reply

Minor surgery on his lower lef huh? I thought there was no such thing as minor surgery? What’d they do, clip his toenails?

2. By Travis Kooi on May 13, 2011 | Reply

Lower leg not lower lef, dang phone!

3. By Steohen Jones on May 13, 2011 | Reply

he going to be fine as long as its not his knee lol

4. By Mike on May 13, 2011 | Reply

Left leg…must have had a Democratic pus pocket removed

5. By JJ on May 13, 2011 | Reply

So?

6. By JR Baca in NM on May 13, 2011 | Reply

HE WILL BE FINE, AND IF NOT, WE HAVE ALEX S.,I HAVE FAITH IN HARBAUGH AND HIS COACHING STAFF. THEY ARE GOING TO TURN OUR TEAM AROUND AND THEY WILL ACHIEVE GREATNESS THIS SEASON! GO 9ERS>>>>>>>>>>

7. By SKYBAY on May 13, 2011 | Reply

It is good to know that they knew about it at the draft, and still they picked him high. I’m with JR Baca, believing that Harbaugh will make our QBs functional and a threat. Then we get a rush, we hope, from Aldon. I wanted a DB, but any DB looks good when the QB is under pressure. At least we got some O-lineman last year and once the O-line gels, we could have a QB with time to throw. When QBs have time, they make the WRs better, and no one is better than our TE anyway. With the added breakaway RB threat in the draft, we could actually have a diversified offense. Fantasy scenario: A Smith gets better, then Kaepernick takes over for the greatness, next year.

8. By 49er$4life on May 13, 2011 | Reply

hope he could do something for our team this season

9. By Professor Dano Kraig Fernandez, MJA on May 14, 2011 | Reply

Am not worried about Colin. He is a tough kid. Especially a kid from my alma mater and co-alumni member. Get well soon, Bo or Colin…

10. By Pastor Bone on May 14, 2011 | Reply

THATS RIGHT JR!
    INCIDENTALLY ARE YOU ANY RELATION TO ADAM BACA FROM NM?

11. By Pastor Bone on May 14, 2011 | Reply

GO NINERZ!

12. By looper49er on May 14, 2011 | Reply

We got alex is right.. we just need to get the the ball to our play makers ie vernon davis and we will be fine.

13. By Bubba Rafalowski on May 14, 2011 | Reply

alex simth really there is no get back for that kid HARBAUGH is a hell of a coach but to put alex in the win situation is a laughing matter in it’s self colin we can win with so get him started! asap

14. By miggy auburn on May 14, 2011 | Reply

even if it is serious so what! I can’t believe niner fans believe this guy is our savior before he is even in camp!

15. By Stevie Mac on May 15, 2011 | Reply

I agree with JJs “So?” statement.

This means nothing regardless of age or whatever. Apart from maybe his last 2 years, look at the amount of injuries etc. that Brett Favre went through.

He was probably asked by the 49ers staff to get it sorted – wise move IMHO

16. By ag on May 15, 2011 | Reply

Alex S? We can do with out him he isnt that great of a QB.

17. By aaron on May 16, 2011 | Reply

well it will be ok he will a year to recover . right OWNERS

18. By gio on May 16, 2011 | Reply

alex smith is going to doogg

19. By kenton edenfield on May 16, 2011 | Reply

Really niners fans………lets get serious. I still am not making a quick judgement on HARBAUGH or our QUATERBACK situation saying that he knows what he’s doing……..I THOUGHT THAT ABOUT SINGLETARY, NOLAN AND MARIUCCI AND WE HAVEN’T SEEN THE PLAYOFFS BUT ONCE OUT OF ALL THREE COACHES…………I AM A REAL NINERS FAN………..lets wait and see.

20. By Steve from st. Louis on May 17, 2011 | Reply

I love my 49ers. I want alex smith at qb he has had 4 different offence in the last 5 years and if he gets this playbook and the pertection he has the chance to make the playoffs and yes st louis boy and i hate the rams go 9ers!!!!

21. By Gunny Guenther on May 19, 2011 | Reply

Can Alex Smith leagally draw “unemployment from the bench?”……I’m just wondering :) Cause that could happen- I believe he’s done it 6 years now-LOL :) Let’s try the NEW kid !!! Go # 2 Collin K – maybe hes another Sam Bradford (RAMS). I’d be willing to give it a shot aaaaaanythings better than ALEX (Again). -Gunny