• Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 9:00 PM - 9:30 PM PDT The Fiahtful Episode 1 "The Faithful" is a documentary series by 49ers Studios that is truly for the fans because it is the fans. Narrated by two-time Super Bowl champion Dwight Hicks, the show will take fans on journeys into the lives of the greatest 49ers stories that need to be told.

Twitter Talk: 49ers Childhood Memories

Posted by Taylor Price on May 11, 2011 – 9:52 AM

Oh, the joys of Twitter. Where else can people from all walks of life comment on the exact same thing and still put their personal touches on the topic? It’s a running conversation and we’re happy to participate in the dialogue.

So when Tuesday’s top trending Twitter topic happened to be #ChildhoodMemories, we asked our Twitter followers to share their favorite #49ers #ChildhoodMemories with us.

The responses were overwhelming, but we selected a few of the most memorable replies from our followers. Throughout the offseason we’ll post the top fan replies in a new reoccurring blog post we’re calling, “Twitter Talk.”

Here are some of the top #49ers #ChildhoodMemories we received:

Feel free to chime in with your favorite memories of the San Francisco 49ers in the comments section of this post.

9 Responses to “Twitter Talk: 49ers Childhood Memories”

1. By DJL on May 11, 2011 | Reply

I was 8, was the first professional sports game I ever saw. Baltimore Colts vs. SF 49’ers, Johnny Unitas vs John Brodie. Lenny Lyles ran back a kickoff for a TD, and had another long return. The 49’ers were running the shotgun, and blew away the Colts that day, 34-10, last game of the 1960 season, in Kezar Stadium. Dad brought his new regular 8 movie camera. When Lyles ran his TD back, what the movie shows is the back of the guy’s head in front of us!

2. By Gary M on May 11, 2011 | Reply

I was almost 4 and my dad walked me across the street to GGPark at the Polo Field where the first 49er team practiced. Got to meet Frankie Albert, Norm Standlee, and the rest. Met Buck Shaw. Saw my first game in 1947 vs. the Brooklyn Dodgers and saw what had to be one of the greatest games of all-time in 1949 when we lost to the undefeated Cleveland Browns, 31-28. Had to wait another 32 years to see us win a championship. Patience pays off.

3. By Old timer on May 11, 2011 | Reply

I lived around the corner from the headquarters in Redwood City, and met YA Tittle, RC Owens, and the older players, love the niners for over 50 years

4. By Brad Baker on May 11, 2011 | Reply

“The Catch”. That was the defining moment for the SF Team of the 80’s and the Team of the 90’s to finally beat Dallas in the NFC championship and to achieve an incredible winning record and dominance for a 20 year period. I can remember watch the catch and absolutely losing my mind because I knew the Niners were going to the Super Bowl for the first time!!! Talk about an adrenaline rush!

5. By jon on May 11, 2011 | Reply

Steve young to Owens with number 8 having 8 seconds left on the clock in the wild card game against GB to Owens….. I was so sick that day i did not even cheer once during that game or even get out of bed….. after that play i was running every where screaming and yelling the niners won. What a great mamory

6. By HW1 on May 11, 2011 | Reply

Watching that 88, 89 niner team rip through the NFL, i would put that football team up against any team in football history and they would have beat them hands down! Bill retired and that offence became wide open! just a thing of beauty!

7. By HW1 on May 11, 2011 | Reply

Montana, Rice,Taylor,Craig,Rathman,Jones, just a thing of beauty! the defence was just as good! simply the best.

8. By Randall on May 12, 2011 | Reply

I became a 49er fan in 1950 when I was ten. The Alley Oop to RC from YA was one of my favorite memories.

9. By Fred R on May 14, 2011 | Reply

When Steve Young threw Touchdown to T.O. to beat Greenbay and Terrel started crying . Cheering on the sideline watching Bret Farve’s family shake their heads as we celebrate…epic