Rookies Pick Jersey Numbers

Posted by Taylor Price on May 10, 2011 – 9:50 AM

It’s not quite known which number top 49ers draft pick Aldon Smith will wear next season, but you can pre-order his rookie jersey now at shop49ers.com. However, the same can’t be said for the rest of the 2011 draft class, who have all decided which uniform numbers they will wear as 49ers.

Per the league’s uniform number rules, linebackers like Smith can wear numbers ranging from 50-59 and 90-99 in the regular season.

“It’s a big decision,” Smith said on April 29 while posing for photos on the 49ers practice field. “I have to think about it.”

Only a few numbers in his position range are currently available to Smith, but more could open up later in the summer if free agency takes place. For now, if the 49ers were to practice he would wear No. 48.

The 49ers second-round pick has made his mind up already. Quarterback Colin Kaepernick will don the No. 7 in his NFL career.

“What I did in college will not help me be great here,” Kaepernick wrote in a tweet on May 2. “It is time to start from scratch!”

To round out the other rookie uniform selections, third-round pick Chris Culliver will wear No. 29, fourth-round pick Kendall Hunter will wear No. 32, fifth-round pick Daniel Kilgore will wear No. 67, sixth-round pick Ronald Johnson will wear No. 88, sixth-round pick Colin Jones will wear No. 43, seventh-round pick Bruce Miller will wear No. 49, seventh-round pick Michael Person will wear No. 78 and seventh-round pick Curtis Holcomb will wear No. 41.

You can make a customized jersey for those players by clicking here.

17 Responses to “Rookies Pick Jersey Numbers”

1. By waxthat on May 10, 2011 | Reply

word. Numbers are only remembered if the players wearing them make plays.

2. By NinerJimFW on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Are all the players going to wear a “34″ patch in honor of Joe Perry?

3. By John Martins on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Kaepernick will lead us to Super Bowl wins 6 and 7….that is the match I want for his new number!

4. By ninerking on May 10, 2011 | Reply

I think that #88 Ronald Johnson is gonna suprise alot of people. he already works harder than Crabtree.

5. By JR on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Oh yeah! I see us having a decent season with that bum of a QB, Alex Smith. Then at some point Kaepernick will get a chance to play and take the job from the guy that just does not want IT.

6. By Angel c64 on May 11, 2011 | Reply

Alex Smith should had gone with Mike The want a B caoch, along time ago …..

7. By Michael on May 11, 2011 | Reply

Being a UCLA , I’ve seen Ronald Johnson a lot at USC (puke) and believe me when I say he’ll be starting in 2 years. STEAL

8. By Ron Vogel on May 11, 2011 | Reply

i would like to think that Bruce Miller would be honored to pick #49, and hope he plays well enough to be on the team when the season starts. In all my years rooting for these guys, Earl Cooper and Jeff Fuller did the franchise proud when they were #49.

9. By 9erShiner on May 12, 2011 | Reply

Kaepernick may become an amazing quarterback or may not at all. I will say one thing no matter how he turns out: he sure seems like a genuine guy. His comment above about shedding his collegiate number because he knows nothing he has done means anything here and that he has to ‘start from scratch’ is the perfect example. This guy has no entitlement and isn’t riding anything. He is just going to play football and whatever he gets he will earn. It’s almost…..sportsman-like? Am I allowed to say that?

10. By Alec on May 12, 2011 | Reply

I think that #32 Kendall Hunter will also suprise people. he gives just what we need and hopefully he plays like another former #32….. RICKY WATTERS!!!!!! He’s a steal for the 4th round!!!!!

11. By victor on May 13, 2011 | Reply

man all i know is that were in the playoffs!!!!!!!! this year

12. By manuel on May 13, 2011 | Reply

Fist Carmazzi then Druckenmiller, Then Alex smith and now kapernick, All QB from a trick offense that were not under center, He will not be an NFL QB and were screwed for another ten years, Their no Bill Walsh running our team now

13. By john on May 14, 2011 | Reply

Ronald johnson is going to be a surprise

14. By Sipra Corp on May 14, 2011 | Reply

The draft went well and I also see Kaepernick as a leader in a year after watching and working with coach, this kid seams smart and polished and the meeting with coach after the draft seamed like a relationship that will payoff ! I believe this draft will be graded as a very strong one in 2 years, after we all learn how to win again.

15. By justcheckin on May 14, 2011 | Reply

I know you will work hard to earn 88 Ron. This is a quality person, great pic Coach H and Coach Morton.

16. By manuel on May 14, 2011 | Reply

regarding Blocking feedback on your second round pick.Now I understand how the comments you reiceive are always so favorable you do not want know what fans are really saying when they get together.

17. By ty on May 16, 2011 | Reply

This years draft was one the best since the bill walsh days the niners stayed away from the critics choices and got some true ballers. Miller aldon smith Ronold Johnson Will all be Pro Bowlers. Johnson reminds me alot of Rice with his rout running and his hands Miller will play both sides of the ball at DE And FB Aldon reminds me of Fred Dean back in the day we will win 10+ games this year and are going to shock the whole NFL GOOD LUCK NINER LOVE MY TEAM NINER FAN FOR LIFE WIN OR WIN