49ers Draft Cam Streams Success

Posted by Scott Kegley on May 10, 2011 – 3:39 PM

It’s not common for NFL fans to get a look inside their team’s draft room. Typically, only the general manager, scouts, coaches and football personnel staff are allowed in.

However, during 49ers.com’s coverage of the NFL Draft, we allowed fans to take a look inside the 49ers draft room on our Draft Central page. And if you watched NFL Network’s draft coverage, you may have noticed their cameras in several draft rooms around the league. But only a handful of teams (49ers, Packers, Eagles, Bills, Bucs) streamed the video live on their websites as well.

We would like to thank all of those Faithful fans who tuned in to watch, because 49ers.com was first in total viewership. 49ers.com received 91,600 unique visitors over the three days. The next closest team had 21,250. We also had 256,000 total streams while the next closest team had 45,450.

Thanks to everyone who was able to watch the live draft cam over the weekend. And please feel free to leave us a comment at the bottom of this post to let us know what you thought of our coverage of the draft. Tell us what you would like to see next year.

9 Responses to “49ers Draft Cam Streams Success”

1. By Spencer on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Next year they should stream the thousands of disappointed fans at the draft party, when the team selects another group of players nobody’s heard of….

2. By td9ers (K.C. Mo.) on May 10, 2011 | Reply

I watched the live stream again this year. As a fan I really enjoy it. What’s the train of thought on what info (body language) is being displayed. It seemed on several occasions that Baalke was frustrated with Harbuagh. Harbaugh…who I’m behind 100%, looked nervous as can be. He whipped through that can of pop every 5 seconds, and overall seemed…well…nervous. As a fan I thought I could sense the first round didn’t go as planned. Seeing Baalke run through the team list of ph#’s to make a deal, without any luck..then try again, and again. I guess my overall point is….”Poker face”

Go 9ers! Can’t wait for this year.

3. By SEAN COWDREY on May 11, 2011 | Reply

this guy spencer is a dumby … must not no much if you think we got people knowones heard of check out our rating we got a b+ buddy we got a great group of players just watch

4. By DaHawn49er on May 11, 2011 | Reply

Well we all don’t get who we want in draft picks, But thats why we have Trent Baalke and Jim Harbaugh do there jobs and get who they feel what the team needs, I am not happy with who they got as well, But it is what it is, Life goes on, Go Niners.

5. By JR Baca in NM on May 12, 2011 | Reply

GREAT PICKS WE ARE ON OUR WAY!

6. By John K on May 13, 2011 | Reply

I believe the 49ers are really beefing up there defense. I also liked the way we got a couple more young lineman. You can never have enough of them.
    I remember during the Bill Walsh Era the 49ers always seemed to pick up a D Lineman with there first pick.
    Of course this was after they had picked and started a full secondary which took them to the Super Bowl the same year. (so let’s not forget..it could happen again)
    Everyone here has an opinion..my only opinion is I love my 49ers and stand behind all there decisions as well as picks. GO NINERS

7. By Jose A on May 13, 2011 | Reply

Sometimes you get these well known names that dont meet the expectations and maybe we got a bunch no names that will turn out good. I think we are headed in the right direction. To me it will boil down to coaching these players to get the most of their talents, discipline them to play the game without errors. Football is like a game of chess, and Harbaugh might just steer this ship in the right direction. Go niners, the time is now!!

8. By trueAmerican on May 13, 2011 | Reply

Some players have made it BIG in the NFL but started out as a “nobody” coming out of college. When you hear guys like Joe Montana, Tom Brady, or Kirk Warner, if didn’t know better, you’d think they must’ve drafted these guys #1 or 2 in the first round; however, as we all know, Montana was drafted in the 3rd, Brady in the 6th, and Warner wasn’t even drafted becaused scouts didn’t think he was NFL material. Now there you have it; let’s see if our new guys will make it big (considering that all were legitimately drafted with careful planning).

9. By Scott Bennett on May 14, 2011 | Reply

Spencer is just trolling. Go troll in the airport bathrooms
    Spence like Larry Craig you will probably have better luck.