49ers Talk Turkey Day

Posted by Taylor Price on November 25, 2010 – 10:35 AM

The staff at 49ers.com spoke with several players this week about their favorite aspects of Thanksgiving. Here’s what they had to say.

On Thanksgiving…

TE Delanie Walker says:

“The best part is family getting together, telling old stories about when you were kids. I remember playing in a Turkey Bowl. It wasn’t with the family, but it would be the kids in my neighborhood against another neighborhood. We’d go to an elementary school, meet up and get a big football game going on. This year, my girl is going to do the cooking. Most likely, I’m going to chill. The coaches are giving us most the day off so I’m going to get off my feet. I don’t know if we’re going to have turkey this year, we might do some catfish just to do something different.”

S Dashon Goldson says:

“I’m thankful for my family and the position I’m in right now. My family wasn’t able to make it up here for Thanksgiving this year, so I’m going to spend the holiday with a couple of my teammates.”

G Tony Wragge says:

“Thanksgiving is a great time of the year. We’re truly blessed to have what we have, a roof over our head and food on the table. My biggest tradition is to spend time with family and loved ones. It’s about being with loved ones and relaxing. Plus, there’s going to be a little football on Thursday. So I’ll watch that and grab some turkey, stuffing, and you gotta have some yams and some sweet potatoes. That’s my go-to. And to finish it off, I’m a Pecan Pie-guy. I like Pumpkin Pie, but I’m more of Pecan Pie-guy. Throw on a little bit of whipped cream – that does it. Ice cream is good too, but that might over do it. I just enjoy relaxing and spending time with loved ones.”

FB Moran Norris says:

“I’m not a big Thanksgiving eater. I usually go with turkey, dressing, dirty rice, macaroni and cheese and that’s about it. I’m not a big sweet eater either. My wife does all the cooking. I can cook myself, but Thanksgiving cooking – that’s her department.”

WR Josh Morgan says:

“My favorite part is chilling with my family, but they’re all on the East Coast so… I guess I’ll be out here working. Maybe even go to a teammate’s place for food. I have to have turkey, macaroni cheese, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy – I’m not really picky. I’ll pretty much eat anything.”

QB Troy Smith says:

“I’ll be in front of the television, just chilling out. Definitely with some of my teammates and obviously being from the other side of the country, my family is not here, and it’s okay. But I got a new family now, and I’m doing nothing but having a good time out here and I’m sure I’ll get some turkey somewhere. Without family, for me, in my situation, I wouldn’t be where I’m at. So my family has been tremendous for me and you know, and that stretches out to your football family and everything. So, family for me is what I’m most thankful for.”

LB Ahmad Brooks says:

“I’m thankful for a lot. I’m thankful to be alive, I’m thankful for my family, I’m thankful for this team, I’m thankful for everything. Just to say I play in the NFL, that’s a lot to be thankful for. Since we have the day off this year, I’m going to be eating a lot. My girl will be cooking and I know it’s going to be some good food. If anyone wants to come over, they’re more than welcome to come eat with us.”

Tags: , , , , ,

3 Responses to “49ers Talk Turkey Day”

1. By Webster on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Happy Thanksgiving 49ers!

2. By Kris Terry on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I am thankful that the news wires cover the Niner games here in central Florida, and for the food on the table on this great American holiday!
    God has blessed the team that I support since the days of John Broadie, and Gene Washington!
    Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    KT

3. By Mike Taylor on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

I’m not understanding exactly how the 9ers are justifying keeping a guy of Westbrooks calibur on the bench. IMO he is more of a threat (always has been and always will be even if hes 40!), in the screen game and misdirection runs than Gore could ever be. Why isnt he used a little more like Reggie Bush was or LT is, and Danny Woodhead. All these teams that are using 2 weapons at the position are doing great. Who in the front office is responsible for this and should they be let go????????