Ask Teddy Football: Week 11

Posted by Taylor Price on November 19, 2010 – 11:27 AM

Have a 49ers question for team broadcaster Ted Robinson? Leave it in the comments section of this blog post or on our official Twitter page and it could be selected in our weekly “Teddy Football Q&A.” Robinson will answer your questions prior to the 49ers home contest against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

In case you missed earlier Q&A sessions with Robinson, visit our Teddy Football page on 49ers.com.

16 Responses to “Ask Teddy Football: Week 11”

1. By armando salinas on Nov 19, 2010 | Reply

Why do the Niners wait untill Mid season to start playing good football?

What area will the draft needs be ?

2. By DAN MAFFEI Pronounced mafay on Nov 19, 2010 | Reply

If Troy Smith leads our offense like he did last week, (minus the penalties) do you think Singletary will start a healthy Alex Smith, instead of going with A WINNING QB? (TROY!!)

3. By terry on Nov 19, 2010 | Reply

why is carr still on the roster? now that alex was cleared to play wouldn’t it make sense to make alex #2 and move nate davis to emergency qb? Is davis a worse option than carr who has been given a zero confidence vote by singletary>

4. By MartyS on Nov 19, 2010 | Reply

Last Sunday was the first game since 2002 (Jeff Garcia) when I saw a 49er quarterback win a game. Troy did it with his throws, roll outs and leadership. And now it seems we have an offensive coordinator who can game plan and do something other than run up the middle. Go Niners!

5. By Victor Mendoza on Nov 19, 2010 | Reply

If Troy Smith does the job at the quarterback position. What well be our main focus on the draft?

6. By Manoj Chopra on Nov 19, 2010 | Reply

Teams are winning with the Walsh System ( Saints last year ) .We have a blueprint that won us 5 Super Bowls , then why are we trying to install any other system ?

7. By DOUG HOLZKAMP on Nov 19, 2010 | Reply

Hey Teddy! whats up? Scott “the set up man” whats up. I say that because you are Teddy”s Ed Mcmahon. The unsung hero givin Teddy those one yard touchdowns!!!
    Look Ted I heard that priority” Church, Starbucks by the way I am drinking a vente 4 shot cap wet right now! and my questions” Thats the ironic part there not my questions. I am channeling someone from a past life with the 49er organization and I dont know who it is but they tell me to challenge your thought process. This thing is bigger than us since The State Of The Franchise the connection was there!!! We just have to let it run its course! Admit even my suggestion to have Patrick Willis tackle the rat from the Nut Cracker before the game was funny, at least I laughed! Alex Smiths mohawk from Vernon all at a time when we all got bashed at the work place as the Niners struggled! Still I never lost faith nor did you or Scott! Look this ride will be the best because of what it took to get through our lowest times! Question to follow!

8. By Nader Chehade on Nov 19, 2010 | Reply

The 49ers currently don’t have a General Manager. Who do you see best fit if the York’s decide to bring one to control football operations? How about Steve Young?!

9. By RD on Nov 19, 2010 | Reply

I think we should trade david carr for a draft pick n bring nate davis up n have him compete for troy smiths backup n later dan never to start playin football keep up the good work guys division champs lets go get it!!!!

10. By DOUG HOLZKAMP on Nov 19, 2010 | Reply

Hey Teddy!
    I heard that Mike Johnson is open to all input from his offensive coaches. Is this a common practice in the NFL for a offensive coordinator? To me it seems like a great idea to open the communication between the great coaches that we have!!!

11. By DOUG HOLZKAMP on Nov 19, 2010 | Reply

Hey Teddy!
    The fact that we won that game last week getting no 3rd down conversions and committing 14 penalties for 105 yards with three touchdowns called back is truly amazing. Do you think this is a testimony for how good our offense can really be??

12. By DOUG HOLZKAMP on Nov 20, 2010 | Reply

Hey Teddy!
    Patrick Willis my favorite player seems to be playing more inspired football. Do you think this is self motivated or the 49ers offense motivating him to make plays?

13. By RED DOG on Nov 20, 2010 | Reply

Whats up niner nation-Im gonna say this and I hope yall follow me-These are the simple ways to go all the way 2 the superbowl and win it by a land slide-from first 2 last startin with puttin dixon and gore out there 2gether-spread the offin out wide with genn,josh and crabtr at all time-take carr of the roster and bring in nate-if nate clem bit on another play and get burned bench him and put a rookie that wants 2 play out there-so gd so fare with the qb position-stop playin conser now that we have a qb and lets go 4 it all 4 the last games we have-WHAT DO WE HAVE 2 LOSE OTHER THAN A SMITH WHO’S DID NOTHIN FOR 6666666 LONG AZZZZZ YRSSSS AND RUN 2 THE RIGHT EVERY TIME HE GETS IN TROUBLE AND TRIPS OVER HIS OWN SHOE STRINGS

14. By Ray Hyson on Nov 21, 2010 | Reply

With the recent weather problems affecting the San Francisco Area, what do you think will be the plan of attack for the 49ers? Troy Smith seems to favor the long ball but with the heavy rain do you think the 49ers will hand it off to Frank Gore more considering Tampa Bay’s soft run defense.

15. By juan uribe on Nov 21, 2010 | Reply

WE NEED NEW OWNERSHIP AND NEW DIRECTION….NOTHING WORTHWHILE HAS BEEN ATTAINED WITH THE YORKS…THE PLAYERS DESERVE BETTER!

16. By Akinye Chatmon on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Looking into the future i stronglly feel we need a QB the Smith’s aren’t up to the job. Troy is undersized and inconsistant, Alex on the other hand leaves me speechless. Last weeks game was a huge loss and a blowout at that. How can you play conservative at this point in the season. Where do you see us in the win loss column after the end of the season. i predict 6-10 hoping for 7-9 anything better i’ll be surprised. I had predicted a 10 win season that’s down the drain. Can we please open the playbook Crabtree needs more catches & Morgan.