49ers Sign K Shane Andrus

Posted by Taylor Price on November 17, 2010 – 2:07 PM

After trying out Wednesday morning with two other kickers, K Shane Andrus was signed by the 49ers to a one-year contract. Andrus will step in for 15-year veteran Joe Nedney, who injured his right knee last week against St. Louis. MRI results showed a right knee strain and a bone bruise. Nedney is out this week and will be reevaluated next week.

Andrus (5-10, 190) has played in five career games, hitting 10 of 10 point after attempts and missing his only field goal attempt. He came in for the 49ers in their 2009 season finale at St. Louis and connected on all four point after attempts. Andrus was with San Francisco through training camp this year, only to be released on September 3.

Tags: ,
Posted in Announcements, Breaking News | 8 Comments »

8 Responses to “49ers Sign K Shane Andrus”

1. By rlaw on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

Welcome back!

2. By C.P. on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

I hope you took him straight to Candlestick to practice! Sorry but you can’t replicate those swirling winds in Santa Clara.

3. By Quach on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

Get better Nedney! Welcome Andrus!

4. By Viliam Dugovic on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

I am long time 49ers.I do not understand move to Santa Clara Santa Clara will not be my favorite place for football.Reason behind was never explained to 49ers base.But i know from my own experiences,like social event,if i change place to communicate from i have to start all over again.And sometime it by changing location is done and over of your desirable outcome.Than i have problem with design of new stadium.I am in the business of architecture and fine arts all my life.I just exasperated lite be,if i say,that i never seen more ugliest thing in my life.

5. By Viliam Dugovic on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

I am long time 49ers.i have problem with design of new stadium.I am in the business of architecture and fine arts all my life.I just exasperated lite be,if i say,that i never seen more ugliest thing in my life.It have to look good on plan board,to buoyed it ,and many decorations around ground. Structure alone ,of new stadium, will be not stand criticism from.There on new 49ers stadium is nothing memorable or unique.It is very bad architectural work.But good high pitch.Look like is build just for comfort . I and football got very tired from comfort .Most people like to be inspired.

6. By Season Tix Since '77 on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

Let’s hope we do not need him. No offense, but I’d rather have Jeff Reed (the Steelers just waived him). In fact, I would love for the Niners to sign him in the next 24 hours and forget about Andrus. We are talking temporary replacement here. As soon as Nedney has healed then he is the man. But Reed is a heck of a lot more of a proven commodity. Hey, Jed York!!! READ THIS POST!!!

7. By Holistic Practitioner on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

Welcome Aboard again Shane! Pin ‘em deep and kick ‘em steep!

8. By JR Baca on Nov 20, 2010 | Reply

WELCOME ABOARD SHANE, GREAT JOB 9ERS IN PICKING HIM. LAST SUNDAY’S GAME HAD TO MANY PENALTIES, LETS GO PENALTY FREE FROM NOW ON. GREAT GAME THOUGH.

GO 9ERS, LETS WIN THE REST, BLESSINGS TO ALL THE 9ER PLAYERS AND COACHES, IN Y’SHUA’S NAME, AMEN