49ers Waive LB Briggs; Promote CB Brock

Posted by Sam Good on September 20, 2010 – 2:47 PM

The San Francisco 49ers announced Monday that they have promoted CB Tramaine Brock to the active roster from the team’s practice squad. In order to make room for Brock, the team has waived LB Diyral Briggs.

Tags:
Posted in Announcements, Transactions | 8 Comments »

8 Responses to “49ers Waive LB Briggs; Promote CB Brock”

1. By romes on Sep 20, 2010 | Reply

probably for teh best. we need corner depth desperately and it seems like this kid may have some developing talents. brock was a solid player on a team that already had qualified olb’s. he’ll definately sign on with someone and hopefully have a lot of success

2. By romes on Sep 20, 2010 | Reply

briggs rather, my bad

3. By Juan Garcia on Sep 20, 2010 | Reply

It needed to be done, also I think they should sign a back-up to Willis since Bowman is Spikes back up.

4. By George on Sep 20, 2010 | Reply

I think they should have kept briggs. Parys harralson is not producing like a starter..
    Give Parys 3 games to produce, or bring Scott Fujita in. Move Brooks back to Sam backer or sign Antonio Pierce now that he is available.

5. By mike on Sep 20, 2010 | Reply

they should get Quintin demps from the eagles who was released..

6. By Ronald on Sep 21, 2010 | Reply

You are the experts….we are the Monday morning QB’s…..and, it appears to me that you need more pressure on opposing QB’s…their dink passes kill……

7. By ben hernandez on Sep 22, 2010 | Reply

Brooks is a much better pass rusher than Harralson.We should start Brooks.
    Even Briggs rushes the qb better than Parlys Harralson.I was at the game with
    my son.I told him when we were inside the ten yard line; I hope we don’t
    score too fast.We do not want to give the Saints’s qb too much time.Gore
    score right after I said that.The coaching staff has to learn how to manage
    the time clock in crucial situations.,We should have gone into overtime.

8. By 49ermarc on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

I need to vent. Damn… we freakin suck! It just seems like every team in the nfl has our number.