Jaguars Conference Calls

Posted by Scott Kegley on November 25, 2009 – 5:09 PM

This morning Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew and head coach Jack Del Rio both took some time to dial in to the 49ers media trailer for conference calls.  Jones-Drew, a native of Antioch, CA and product of De La Salle high school reflected on his time growing up in the East Bay and getting to the level where he is today.  He also told reporters that his waist is only 1 inch wider than his thighs – 34 inches compared to 33 inches!  Apparently he spends a lot of the time at the tailors as he needs his clothes custom-made.

Del Rio, a former linebacker himself, addressed the impact Bill Walsh had on his career and the matchup against the 49ers.

Click here to listen to the conference calls from Jones-Drew and Del Rio.

Posted in Uncategorized | 16 Comments »

16 Responses to “Jaguars Conference Calls”

1. By David on Nov 25, 2009 | Reply

like the niners can find a way to win , we only beat 1 team with a winning record (cardinals) , and that was before they had one , week 1 to be exact.

2. By Csags on Nov 25, 2009 | Reply

The Niners needs to score early. It’s obvious that San Francisco is not a come from behind team. They need to win every game from now on to even have a chance for the playoffs.

3. By Jo on Nov 25, 2009 | Reply

Prediction- This loss will be like all others. The DEFENSE will come out and hold em twice however each time, OFFENSE wont provide. Jaguars score first then second. niners head into halftime down 1 possession. We come out fail on D but provide on offense still making us down a possession, as the game comes to a close jaguars step it up and take a 2 possession lead midway into the fourth, OFFENSE will play the first play or 2 conservatively burning time before they decide to let it all fall on ALEX. depending on what they do here, niners loose another heartbreaker and still seem to be confused as to why they come up short. oh well maybe next year as usual guys. BIG AUBROYO FRANKLIN SAVAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. By Jo on Nov 25, 2009 | Reply

ILL ALWAYS BE A NINER FAN NO MATTER WHAT BUT YOU GUYS ARE DEPRESSING SOMETIMES.

5. By ARMANDO on Nov 25, 2009 | Reply

NINERS SHOULD DO A 2 MINUTE OFFENCE ,AFTER 6 MINUTES INTO
    EACH QUARTER,”IT`S NOW OR NEVER·

ARMANDO

6. By Csags on Nov 25, 2009 | Reply

Do I think the Niners can win 6 in a row? I think so. Is it going to be easy? No, especially when you have Jacksonville and Philadelphia on the schedule. One more loss will knock the Niners out of the playoff picture. I think San Francisco is whole lot better team than their record show.

7. By niner4lyfe on Nov 25, 2009 | Reply

The 9ers need to let Alex Smith throw the ball early and often, espeacially out of the spead offense…The D will be there, so will Frank Gore. Use those WRs that we pay every month.

8. By 49erFaithful on Nov 26, 2009 | Reply

If SF runs the gun with more recievers for Alex early in the game, i can see him putting up 4+ td’s.. everytime they run that spread offense, alex seems to be on point hitting his recievers.. It’s been working, and Sings strategy hasn’t.. Go figure.. Run it early & hand it to the Jags.. GO NIERS

9. By 49erFaithful on Nov 26, 2009 | Reply

When numbers show that SF is not in playoff contention in the 09′ season, then i will say, “okay guys, next year”.. until then, let’s support the red & gold.. Think about guys, if SF gets their offense rolling (running the spread & using Gore here & there) we can win every game.. PHI is good, but beatable.. look at what they did to Peyton.. AZ still has to face TENN, GB, MIN & SF.. that’s 4 teams that they can easily lose to.. SF needs to start winning, & it starts on Sunday!!

10. By Keith Wood on Nov 26, 2009 | Reply

I still think the need to use the shotgun. They say alex has no experience, well he has 4 years experience using it in Utah. You can still run the ball out of the shotgun, and I believe it was Bill Walsh that taught a 2 yard pass to the RB is just the same as handing the ball off, if we can’t open holes for Frank, then get him the ball on swing passes, out in the open away from the D line, same things as a hand off. Short 3 yard post pattern just past the D line over the middle, just as good as a hand off and he’s already past the D line, but no we will come out in a I-Formation and what Frank run down hill into NO HOLE WHAT SO EVER on 1st and second down, then let Alex try to pick up the 3rd and forever, which is going to give us three and outs all game long. I don’t understand the theology of the OC and why they are so scared to change. It’s now or never, make or break for this season, let the players play and put them in better positions to win, instead of an IDEA of what an NFL team should look like. Coach talks about “TEAM” but his theology is “I” and this is what “I” think a football team should look like. Oh, well, and I was so excited for this season, but we are starting to mirror the Lions, gonna be many years.

11. By FaithfulManSince'88 on Nov 27, 2009 | Reply

I am a faithful but the 49ers are not even giving me at least a little hope or glimpse of something to look forward to on Sunday.
    Watching all these close games just slip away have been leaving me depressed week after week.
    I am tired of losing and having the niners be seen around the league as a nobody and a joke.
    They need to step up and win this sunday or else its another disappointing season.

12. By DA Booko on Nov 27, 2009 | Reply

alot of you who blog really need a life it easy to sit in your chair and beat up someone, but it is a totally different thing to stand in that man’s shoes most of you if not all of you would have cracked or quit by now. it is a very dificult job that the coaches and players have, I am also upset when I watch us getting kicked around, but they are getting better. I am sure you all will be on the wagon when things start getting better but I beilive you should get off, because when it was bad you where the first to jump off so stay off. This is not a perfect world and the prize is for those who endure till the end, not for those who jump off at the first sign of trouble. Sing is a coach and all his coaches are working hard, they are better than they where last year and I am sure they will even be better next year. So please keep the faith and all those who are weak hearted and only like to point fingers GET OFF and we will see you at the gates of the Super bowl which we have never lost once we got there

13. By jimdandy on Nov 27, 2009 | Reply

I am a Jaguar fan, and hope we win this week at SF , however I realy beleive that SF is a whole lot better then their record and will be a very tough team for anyone to beat them. We are in the same situation as the 49,s are in that they are also a young team that needs time to develop. Hang in there guys, as the 49,s have a great coach and will be the dominant team once again. Every draft provides another piece of the puzzle to complete the team. Best of luck this Sunday . It will be a great game to watch.

14. By James Amuker on Nov 27, 2009 | Reply

I am a faithfull 49ers fan but i think they need to pass the ball more wasn’t it BILL WALSH who installed pass to set up run they have the recievers its time to take the next step GO 9ERS.

15. By Gordon Rainey on Nov 29, 2009 | Reply

I am confused by the lack of support I just read about from the SF faithful. You are at home. You have heaps of scoring talent. Your opposition just flew across the country and didn’t fare so well on their last visit out west. I am a Jagmaniac that wanted to browse the competitions web site for some more insight on todays match up. I am glad I did. I hope your team comes out and plays as weak as the fore mentioned sentiments but I doubt it. Get behind your team and quit writing such pathetic non supportive BS it only makes the whole picture look bad. With all that said I really am stoked about kick off cause a lot is riding on this one for both teams. The Jaguars are in town and this is gonna be a good one. GO JAGS!

16. By mike & taylor on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

disappointed in my team’s performance today. I don’t want to gripe but, what the hell Michael Crabtree, if you don’t like getting hit in the end zone trying to win the game, im sure there are others waiting in line to do just that. that was pitiful. is that why you held out so long to be a big puss.get it together